But why tho

Why are these games so loved on Sup Forums exactly? Is it just the more inaccessable a game is made out to be the more anons here will like it?

It's just odd in places, like the environment details look nice but then the character animations are janky and akward as fuck. Your character looks like a lanky skellington and holy shit the movement and attack animations are bad.

I also get you have to be patient but why is this good gameplay? I dodge about for 10 minutes and then poke a dude and then go back to dodging about again for 10 minites.

Im not even saying its hard to do or that i cant just that its fucking boring. Like really boring, im having no fun at all. And are these games made on a tight fucking budget? How do lazy can you get with those NPC's??

After all the talk i feel like i ahould be enjoying this but i don't, so whats up? Is it just a meme genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=71gG754VYlw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cause its FROM

woah sounds like different people have different tastes

really makes me think

it's fucking SHIT. I guess i was just expecting a masterpiece or something. Its feels like one of those things like MGS:Peace walker hype.
>hey man! PW deffo has the best gameplay in the whole series
>oh really?
>its not REAL mgs at all.
>numbers
>stats
>base building
>no YOU don't understand user, all that stuff is FUN. Best gameplay.

Fug.

>really makes me think

Probably not though to be fair, anyway the point is i was lead to believe it would be undeniably good, in the way that say, RE4 is undeniably good.

Dude, why are you even dodging for 10 minutes? Almost all attacks leave an opening for you to counterattack or parry. Maybe that's why it's boring for you, I mean, I wouldn't have fun either if it took 20 mins for me to kill a boss.

>its not REAL mgs at all.
So what did you expect souls to b, that it wasn't? Real what?

Git gud and learn to parry you fag

Git gud doesn't make this game less janky tho. Its presentation is pretty b tier

After all the hype i just expected... More. Like i said i expected RE4 tier greatness.

According to critics Uncharted is undeniably good.
According to Sup Forums dull nintendo games are undeniably good.

Also there are quite a lot of people who believe that RE started to go down the shitter with RE4.

So i fell for a meme? Might take Bloodborne back to be honest.

Yeah it's all a conspiracy man you figured it out wow you saw through it congrats. You really can't just deal with a game you don't like without doing this stupid shit?

Why? should we only make threads praising a game or irrelevant shit meme threads with nothing to do with vidya? Does this bruise you?

>Might take Bloodborne back to be honest.
What else are you going to do with a game you don't like? Shove it up your ass?

I hated the game too until I learned how to play it. Then I really started to like it.

It's harder to critize an art style, but at least it has one that is coherent and consistent. There are minor complaints such as no lip movement and janky frame rates, but the lore and gameplay far exceed and technical shortcomings

This is not a game that you can just pick up and play. I felt it worked better if you had a guide.

You are bad at video games 100%.

Way to blow smoke up your own ass, but that's not what I said at all. It'd be one thing if you had just said 'I don't see the appeal of this game it's not fun to me, what am I missing?' or something similar is fine. Instead you decide hurr I don't like so it's a meme right guise? That's stupid, stop it.

Okay so I don't see the appeal of this game it's not fun to me, what am I missing? Reminder this has nothing to do with being unable to play it.

Not an argument i can play it just fine, its still not fun.

Uncharted is a well-polished, glorified tech demo and the gameplay, while smooth, was not fulfilling. Not once did I feel that there was any challenge. I could've watched a let's play and been satisfied.

Games need to be engrossing, challenging and fun. Uncharted succeeded on none of those

>play game
>don't like it
>WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

It has everything to do with you not being able to play it and being too dense and treating it like god of war or the witcher.

Return it. Leave /v and fuck off. You are the cancer killing gaming

>i was lead to believe it would be undeniably good
There aren't such games, senpai. At least not from FromSoftware - I mean, have you ever considered that ... y'know, that their games are niche? No?

Same shit with The Witcher 3. Ever cunt sucked every last drop of cum out of this game. So, I boght it, played it for 5 hours, then sold this piece of shit game. Nobody mentioned
>the horrbile and easy to cheese combat
>the two minute loading screens on PS4
>horrible collision detection
>janky and unprecise movement

You convinced yourself that people only like it to be hardcore and since you're posting on Sup Forums your mind won't change any time soon.
Stop this pretend bullshit.

This is my first From's souls game and I really wished I picked EDF or the PS4 humble bundle over it

Congratulations OP you retard, hope you know what can of worms you just opened by even breathing in the direction of this sacred cow. Let me save you a thread's worth of trouble:

>Git gud
>You haven't even played it
>Mad PCkek never ever gold face
>Why are you doing x when you should have been doing y? Stop playing muh game wrong here if you follow these guidelines and don't think too much you'll enjoy it

There. You can dip out now OP.

Stop being such a hyperbolic faggot. It's not that hard and compared to other games out there it's not that obscure. you've never dodging for '10 minutes', its not a meme genre and there is no such thing artificial difficulty. these are just things you tell yourself because you can't figure out the most rudimentary parts of a popular game series.

What are your arguments other than saying that you can't adapt to the gameplay efficiently and dislike the animation without saying how that subtracts how causes an issue with the gameplay itself?

It took me 2 days to adjust to BB's gameplay. I got my ass kicked by the same mob and the second boss over and over and restarting my game thinking Id never manage.

But it's all practice. Now I can rush most bosses without getting touched. BB absolutely rewards the player for playing smarter not harder.

I haven't played Bloodborne but I have played the Dark Souls games. I think the best way to think of these games is less like an action game, but more of a combat puzzle game. You are right, the combat isn't particularly fun, but it is reasonably demanding and when you kill a boss you get a good sense of accomplishment that isn't in many single player games. That is just like a puzzle, most of them are either not fun, or frustrating until you have finished them, but it is the sense of accomplishment afterwards that makes them fun.

Dark Souls 1 for me was a much different experience to any other game. Going into it, I legitimately didn't know if I would be able to beat it. In a lot of ways the game seemed to be against me, things like the "clunky and unresponsive" combat, bad hitboxes and all the cheap traps, it felt like a massive "fuck you" to From after you beat it all.

>Playing the game wrong

???
Most games are supposed to be played in a specific manner, what are you getting at with this?

>god of war or the witcher

Don't play those, its no DMC thats for sure but i guess thats unrelated. Sorry i don't think this game is very interesting user, but i can play it just fine. You obviously attach a lot of worth to your competency in playing souls games.

It sounds like you expected something different and now you just don't like it. also probably this Watch some other people play the game and see what they do differently than you. Just because you're surviving doesn't mean you're really playing it the most fun way. You can make almost any game boring by not fully utilizing it's mechanics.

Not true. Sup Forums has convinced me to try stuff that was never on my radar before thst i ended up enjoying... like undertale.

>The most fun way
This is entirely subjective.

> FROM soft virgin.
> /v recommends BB
> buy it
> get rekt
> rage quit
> play Skyrim
> comfy
> too comfy
> invest 40 hours into bb getting to gascoine
> 35 hours later near the last boss
> feels gud

>I dodge about for 10 minutes and then poke a dude and then go back to dodging about again for 10 minites.

That just means you're bad at the game.
The gameplay is "dodge, attack, dodge, attack"

Babbys dodge 6 times in a row and then run back in.

You forgot:
>OP what is 2+2? And don't just say 4 i want a REAL answer!

> run in
> wait
> gun parry
> v. attack

Feels good

>It's not that hard
>artificial

Uh-oh user!... But i never said those things did i? Very telling user...

Not Souls. My particular problem with Bloodborne is that it's a watered down version of Souls where Souls already had pretty basal combat that was propelled by your amount of choices for how to utilize it. BB took away options on top of homogenizing everything from the setpieces to the music, so I frankly didn't like it very much but according to fanboys that's just because I didn't play it right or didn't go into it with the right mindset or some other dumb shit.

I feel like the reality is that Souls is mediocre as a whole and only went downhill after DaS but that's just me.

I stopped using guns almost entirely when I play BB now.

The most fun way for you. okay? There are different playstyles watch different people.

you still said all the other shit and no doubt you will end up telling yourself 'muh artificial difficulty' when you give up and come back to whine on Sup Forums

>but according to fanboys that's just because I didn't play it right or didn't go into it with the right mindset or some other dumb shit

God this, fuck those guys.

What level are you?

>My particular problem with Bloodborne is that it's a watered down version of Souls
No
>where Souls already had pretty basal combat that was propelled by your amount of choices for how to utilize it.
No, each souls game HEAVILY favors 1 style of gameplay, usually sword and board, and the enemies are designed around being able to block and then hit, rinse repeat.

This excludes Dark Souls 3, which is basically Darkborne where you're better off with rolling instead of a shield.

Bloodborne is just another example of this, only they don't give you as many ineffectual ways to fight enemies.

Nope. I don't make excuses if im shit. If someone else can do a thing tham we can all work towards that mechanically. Doesn't stop this being DULL to me in more than just gameplay. Also the unarmed attack animations are JUST tier, what the fuck is that all about?

I start a new playthrough every few months, but I haven't touched it in forever because I've been playing Nioh.

Congratulations, you just spent an entire post dancing around what I said and then spinning it into a positive as if having fewer options in a game is a good thing. I think my favorite part is:

>only they don't give you as many ineffectual ways to fight enemies

Fuck the build and moveset variety of DaS1, based Miyazaki cut that fat right out!

>Fuck the build and moveset variety of DaS1, based Miyazaki cut that fat right out!

Yes, exactly.
When there's a totally useless character in a fighting game, they should just not be there. If they weren't ever going to put a useful character in that useless one's place, then don't have that slot at all.

> moveset variety of DaS1

You mean like 8 or 9 different move sets? Every weapon type has 95% the same moveset, barring the occasional single different move.
Bloodborne does the same thing, only instead of there being 15 swords with the same 6 moves, there's 1 sword with 10 moves.

You're a goddamn fool.

>BB took away options on top of homogenizing everything

It's perfectly understandable why you wouldn't like this, most obviously if you like to play tank or caster builds. But it should also be perfectly understandable why other people will also view it as a strength.

The fact that build options are more limited means that they could custom tailor the fights much more to a limited range of playstyles. So where a lot of DS bosses end up feeling sort of RNGish or not tailored to yours or any specific build, BB bosses tend to feel much tighter and more fine tuned.

If you don't like the build options the game gives you in the first place, well then obviously it's not going to be appealing anyways. But if you do then it's better for it.

You're a moron. Not only did Souls have pound for pound more weapons with defining characteristics, stats and modifiers outside of their movesets but the variety was off the charts. The old magic system, the miracle system, and the pyromancies absolutely blow the fuck out of all the stupid eldritch tentacle garbage in BB that consumes your fucking BULLETS as mana. How dense do you have to be to think that doesn't restrict gameplay? It's fucking asinine.

Couple that with the fact that DaS had different armors that actually managed to do shit with the tradeoff being different speeds on your character and BB is laughable in comparison. It's boring, user. It bored me.

>The old magic system, the miracle system, and the pyromancies

You mean the one game when all of that was good, and not either totally over or under powered?
Okay.

You're arguing that 10 spears with the same moveset that are ultimately useless regardless of which you choose because there are objectively better weapons is a better than a limited cast of unique weapons that all have varying uses depending on what you want to do or your preferred playstyle.

Did you even play bloodborne?

Regardless, I'd rather have one good axe, one good sword, one good spear, etc. than a dozen of each that are all the same in terms of movement.

But that's me. This isn't an argument between opinions.
This is an argument about your delusion that there's any real variety in Souls games.

Git Gud leaf.

it's an insanely overrated dark souls with a more likeable setting, add on being propelled to even higher heights of hype by exclusivity. It's a good game, but it's not the pinnacle of vidya like everyone claims.

Everything in DaS was viable if you built your character right, you cunt. There were external character builder apps for that very purpose, usually to tailor your shit to the PvP environment. Which doesn't even exist in BB because it's shallow dogshit, not that I ever got to experience it firsthand because the online didn't work at all on release when I played. Yeah it's a masterpiece all right.

This whole "abloo x element was never really effective I'm glad it's gone btw Quelaag's Fury Sword and the Golem's Axe are basically the same thing" is revisionism on your part.

L-leaf?! Who?!

I mean... The enemy death animations are satisfying i suppose, but i hate that shit where you die and the enemies keep on attacking thin air where you were for a bit. Very PS1.

>having different tastes from what total strangers on the internet tell you to like

>There were external character builder apps for that very purpose

Oh jesus, and I'm sure you look up lore videos for every boss you beat, too.

>"abloo x element was never really effective I'm glad it's gone btw Quelaag's Fury Sword and the Golem's Axe are basically the same thing"

You're a goddamn imbecile, and almost ALL boss weapons are totally useless or overpowered, so that's a really great example. But it's not what I said.

Tell me the difference between the moveset of the spear and the partizan. Tell me the difference between the moveset of the scimitar and the falchion.

Also Nioh does all of this better than any fromsoft game, but you probably don't like (or haven't played but are perfectly willing to shit on) that game, too.

i just thought id take this moment to say i really liked Life Is Strange. Please no bully.

the developers are the same people that made like 100 armored core games. All these dudes do is milk their games over and over with minor lazy changes.

I get why people like their shit, but I don't get why people get super angry when these games don't live up to insane expectations.

I don't even mean you, user. I just mean in general.

Welcome to Sup Forums

Most people here play boring as console games on /ourguy/ console and get bored so they spend 2-4 hours a day posting about games on the internet.

Ever see any CSGO/Dota/Overwatch threads around here? No? Despite the gigantic combined fan based compared to BB (current players less than 10,000)

>That's because people playing good games are playing good games and not posting on some autism website.

i to enjoy watching lesbians

If you have to spam dodge youre garbo,the fight you have to do that the way youre implying are few (can only think of 1 maybe in BB) your complains about the character are bull
I guess the game can be boring if youre looking at the reload screen for the majority tho you tell me

>citing autism games that neckbeards have been playing for 10 years as being the best anything

>Overwatch

lol

i watched my wife get her pussy eaten by her best friend last friday, then got to fuck them both

we'd be good friends in another life, anons.

I usually find the more "difficult" a game is and therefore, the more inaccessable they "think" it is, the more personally hurt they get for critisism of a game they have deeply invested themeselves into. Just look at your average DMC fiend. They have the softest ego's... until soulsfags happned. Next they will say "w-why are you even here then GO!"

Inaccessible? Are you retarded? Oh, that was a rhetorical question by the way.

Resident Evil as a series went to shit after 4. Even though RE4 is a great and fun game with a lot of replay value, it also fails as a RE game and led the series into shitty waters. It's like you marry and bang the hottest chick ever, but then your dick falls off a week later. A lot of good, but also a lot of bad, and some would say the good doesn't justify the bad.

Neckbeards
Neckbe
Neck yourself fgt

>Ever see any Overwatch threads around here? No?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

me too. Im talking total amatuer girlfriends. Those chicks know how to be fucking intimate with each other like we guys will never quite understand. Jelly.

Well for one the partizan actually had different strong moves than the spear so that's something. Iirc it was also more of a speciality weapon with different stat requirements tailored to dex builds while the spear could be used as an off-hand on a more general build. Are you even trying? Not to mention the fact that the two weapons even exist alongside each other is good because you have your choice of spears aesthetically as well, which is a cosmetic option. Small, but it does matter.

>Oh jesus, I'm sure you look up lore videos for every boss you beat too

Sorry, I know that as a BB apologist the concept of exploring new builds and pitting them against others is a very hard thing for you but some of us enjoyed that element of the game. It's better than jacking off in these threads about what BB's contrived symbolism means for the rest of all time.

2/10

g-god...

Honestly taking video game advice on this board is the equivalent of smashing your dick in a vice.

youtube.com/watch?v=71gG754VYlw

^^^average soulsbb players

i wanna be you user not gonna lie

Definitely, it's no different than the people that instantly deem the game irredeemably bad when they can't get through it.

It's all insecurity in some form of another

Hey at least i tried you shit. Imagine if i acted like most of Sup Forums:
>i dont like your faggot character from your faggot game, they are a shit character and i will NEVER actually play the game i just know its shit i wont enjoy it!
>i still feel like my opinion is relevant though! Fuck your game your character is shit! Probably! Im not really sure as i say i have never actually played your game! and i wont!

Fucking degenerate. Have fun when your wife asks to bring Tyrone home to cuck you.

>Like really boring, im having no fun at all
So stop playing?

People like these games for the world design, level design, aesthetics, gameplay, different weapons and the obtuse lore that has an aura of mystery to it on your first runs.

>Is it just a meme genre?
Oh, so you were just retarded. Nevermind

i-i think he means another girl user...

aparently most dudes think thats not cheating if your girl starts deep kissing her girls in da club for all the lads to see.

Nice try
See: and take your soft shell someplace else. This is a discussion board not a safe place.

You forgot to throw one or two cucks there and there but you got the idea

Oh yeah, thanks user.
>furthermore... Cucks!

It's about not shitting where you sleep. It's a female trap where they give you want, and then later when they want to fuck someone else, they have a get out of jail free card. user done fucked (or cucked) up his marriage. If you have to do degenerate shit, keep the wife out of it, or better yet, don't marry. Git gud at relationships

I met a gay girl who is polyamourous or whatever recently. I have no idea how they manage that shit without getting supremely jelous of each other.

I think it's success is largely because it's has a setting and atmosphere that you don't see all that often these days. Combine that with ambiguous lore and spooky imagery then you get the love for BB.