How important is diversity in video games really?

How important is diversity in video games really?

pretty important for quality games

How important is a system's color to its performance?

i'll show you how important

*unzips dick*

How important is my 0?

>super concerned with diversity
>all white women

>I see a bunch of White Females, that's enough diversity

It IS important, because having diversity in media is a general good for society.
>see: scully effect; women verifiably more interested in science/fbi because of her

You should NOT just blatantly shove your agenda down people's throats, though. That results in the anti-SJW kids rioting and turning into alt-right retards.
>see anthony burch, anita etc, being fucking idiots

>How important is diversity in video games really?
In regards to the racial/gender makeup of dev teams, absolutely irrelevant

Actually important diversity, ie diversity of ideas, is important so a single headstrong bastard doesn't steer the entire show without any opposition.

You already made up your mind. You already know how most people on this site are going to respond. What's the point of this thread?

Red ones are always a bit faster

Diversity is fine as long as the game is good.

On a scale of 0 to 10, 0.

Having girls with autism counts as diversity?

Enjoy your shit temperatures bra, blue master race.

>diversity
>important

>posting ACKbait on Sup Forums

What diversity? My country is 95% white, I don't care about diversity

If by diversity you mean in the game content, it is very important.

For any other meaning of the word: Not important at all.

slavs aren't white

Pretty damn important desu. Video games aren't your white only safe space anymore. Frankly any type of change that adds a black/muslim/nonhetero is a positive.

I'm German, my country is still 95% white.

Cockroaches arent white

Hello mehmet.

Only 5% of Germans are Arab or Black so my point still stands.

>he's meant to be the bad guy for telling """""""""""writers""""""""""""" to come up with their own stories instead of making nonsensical bastardizations of existing ones
Why is this allowed?

Bioware Montreal = diverse. Bioware Montreal animated the aliens in Andromeda.

EA Romania = white scum EA Romania animated the humans in Andromeda.

It doesn't, just make a fun/interesting game, it's simple as that.

It's irrelevant, a meme made to abuse peoples good nature for political gain

Yes, they are.

Turkish people aren't white.
t. Turk

Not at all

Yes you dumb fuck, that's what I said, 5% of German people are Arab which means Turkish or Black -> 95% are white

> German 91.5%, Turkish 2.4%, Italian 0.7%, Greek 0.4%, Polish 0.4%, other 4.6%

>Cockroaches aren't white
The more you know

It's essential, or would you rather play just one video game genre?

In anything with a large enough cast there is no real excuse for lacking diversity unless specifically there are storyline reasons.

The overabundance of white males as protagonists isn't really a problem since thats the way the market dictates it.

Diversity as SJW's see it? Not at all.

Diversity in terms of countries actually making videos games and in terms of settings/concepts for games? Very.

Virtually every setting for a fantasy or historical game is either european or asian. If latin america started to make game and there was a big mexican vidya dev scene or whatever we might see a big influx of games based on aztec and mayan shit, which would be cool.

Ask Sonygaf

>5% arab
Go outside.

half of germany are slavic rapre babies thus not white

Some turks are actual pure descendants of greeks and slavs who live there, not all are mixed with arabs and turkic people, just look at kivanc tatlilug for reference

The gameplay should always be diverse because that's what truly matters.

>Ask Sonygaf

If its set in Prague and meant to be realistic then no, diversity is not needed and in fact is detrimental.

If its set in California and is meant to be "realistic" within its own rules (I.e GTA 5) then diversity is needed

If its a meant to be some kind of adventure fantasy game with an interesting cast then it probably would benefit from diversity with chars from all around the game world

I'm all for a medium being a broad as possible, I just hate the way the SJW community is trying to go about it.

Don't you dare shit on based sailor Chris.

It can be important. If only white males made games then all Japanese games wouldn't exist for example.

The only important type of "diversity" is diversity of ideas.

Aesthetic diversity matters to me. Unique settings, music and character designs. Cultural diversity? Don't really care, although many cool mythologies are definitely underrepresented in fantasy games.

>hating on hot manly men
How insecure can you get?

It's important to me in RPGs because I want to make a character I like, which pretty much means being able to create a fat, or at least thicc, girl.

Besides that, no, not really, although I think customizable characters do add a lot to some games.

329 replies and 40 images omitted. Click here to view.

It isn't important at all, just like in real life.

You can enjoy couscous or a bowl of curry without having to import an Abdul or Pajeet to make it for you.

I don't know, it's like saying you can eat a good pizza without going to Italy or having an italian cook you one, and americans can't make a good pizza for shit.

>that comic report where marvel admitted their muh diversity books sell like shit.
KEK

Surprise surprise, liberals have actually good taste and can't stand pandering unlike rightards who start calling based everyone who validates them.

t. Joltron

Who's joltron? Is that a pokemon?

be mad leaf, or better go kill yourself
in the end your country policy statement is "you die you win"

Holy shit you're a retard

It means that by pandering to liberals they are alienating the right/conservative comic buyer market which may have had a larger interest in comics than the libshits they decided to pander to with muh diversity.

How you were able to come up with those mental gymnastics to write that post is truly a feat in itself.

If every game only had nogs in it, would you want to play?

Fucking white pieces of shit

were the black orange, purple green at?

i played resident evil 5 and it was amazing

Not important at all, forced diversity is always shit, if characters are "diverse" because it makes sense in the story then I don't mind

And they actually blamed the customers for not buying their stuff.

To be fair a lot of comic books are nonsensical adaptations of existing ones

shut the FUCK up you dumb anime BITCH
im gonna fuck you the fuckety fuck up you fucking piece of nigger cuck cock shit for making such a shitty piece of crap thread run while you can beacuse i am comeing for you ahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahaha die die die

How important is nep in video games really?

Not important at all. I care more about gameplay because its what ends up mattering more in the long run.

Also, I want to bully Satania

too important

Sugoi important desu ne.

The way I see it there are three main kinds of diversity you can point to in vidya
Gameplay diversity
Setting/Story diversity
Character/Race diversity

Gameplay diversity is the most important one, but the diversity it should introduce needs to be tempered by certain conditions, depending on the scale it is applied at.

>Industry-wide scale
You don't want multiple, separate genres blending into one another without thought, just for the sake of it. That leads to problems such as developers saying "We're making an RTS game that has MOBA elements!" trying to cash on both the RTS and MOBA crowds, and failing miserably to please either. You want different types of games that can cater to everyone's tastes.

>franchise-wide scale
An established franchise that has a history and a fanbase that expects it to follow the guidelines of a specific genre shouldn't change its core gameplay simply for the sake of innovation alone. Breaking this rule is what leads to things like the FPS reboot of old franchises, or the whole "we want the X audience" meme, and is pretty much a betrayal of your established franbase. Innovating certain gameplay elements or adding new mechanics are good and desirable, but as long as you stay within the confines of the brand's core selling points, if it has one. One example of a brand that had done it well for quite some time was Final Fantasy. The mainline games all followed a similar formula, and when Square wanted to do something different and innovative, like Final Fantasy Tactics, they wisely made it a spin-off with no ties with the main line of games, so as to not betray the core expectations that the fanbase had of what a Final Fantasy game should be like.

>Withina particular game
Should be similarly limited by the game's intended genre, with few exceptions. No one likes an spectacle action game that suddenly breaks into a badly designed stealth section. That sort of gameplay diversity is bad, hurts the game and has to be avoided at all costs.

Diversity is a cancer.

not at fucking all
every game where agendas are pushed to an extreme suck due to the devs not caring about the game but about how they can push their message