Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Nintendo

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 LEAD COMPOSER GIVES STATUS UPDATE MUSIC, SAYS SOME RECORDING IS COMPLETE

The following comes from lead composer Yasunori Mitsuda...
- was worked on by 150 people, the largest production Mitsuda has been involved with
- mixing process for music began this week
- Mitsuda is responsible for budget management, booking, music sheet management, and composin
- it seems a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soundtrack is coming, but a release date isn’t fixed yet
- mixing the music only started for the cut-scenes, so it’s just half of the tracks
- recording sound quality is good, and the team is trying its best to top the original Xenoblade
- this is among one of the largest scale projects in the whole gaming world

Get hype, bros.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ol5k02RRYhY
youtube.com/watch?v=HX2g2DNIdg8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At what point in development does the mixing process take place? I assume they have to have the cutscenes animated if they are doing those songs already

I'm guessing they play the sheet music digitally and use that to direct the cutscenes around, then the real orchestral recording gets added later.

>muh music

GIBS ME A GAMEPLAY UPDATE YOU DICKS

>mixing the music only started for the cut-scenes, so it’s just half of the tracks
Wait the cutscenes are done already? We might actually see this in 2017 right enough

>We might actually see this in 2017 right enough
I always wondered why people so not sure that it'll be 2017 release?
X was "delayed" only cause reggie run his mouth in one interview.

What do you mean about reggie? Why was X delay in the first place?

I HATE THIS FUCKING MOE ARTSTYLE
I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS A 12 YEARS OLD

Jesus Christ is fucking NINTENDO going to release 3 GOTY contenders in one single year?!

I believe is coming this year
All you naysayers will see

Mitsuda is actually composing and taking charge of the overall music right now instead of just one song as in Xenoblade?

>Post yfw they release XBC2 before Mario Odyssey this holiday season

oh fuck I might have to get a switch sooner than expected

Can't wait for E3 this year.

Is she smelling the air that comes from the switch fan?

Because I do that, it smells good.

How are the expectations for thr gameplsy/combat system? Is it any good in XC and XCX? Looks boring as fuck.

>XC2 delivers on the hype
>SMO delivers on the hype
>announces new Metroid at E3

After xcx nobody gives a fuck about their music. Uh uh yeah yea I can't see you I can't feel you uh uh. God the xeno series is complete trash anymore

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK NINTENDO STOP BLUEBALLING ME

The worst battle system around. Qte button is the same as exit combat so if you miss you're out of combat and die

That was a different composer, some people still liked it, that's not how you use "anymore"

I really want to believe, but they would have to been working on this game for a whole 2 years before the announcements. Plus, I feel like nintendo wants to put Mario on full force for the holiday. Xenoblade has name recognition now, they'll use it when the time is right.

No TLoU2 though, no spider man, no GoW3, no Persona 5, no Destiny 2 sorry :/

Never happend to me in over 90 hours of playtime

Persona 5 is on PC. Destiny is shit. Tlou 2 became SJW shit. Only game that's on PS4 that I care about is Persona 5.

It's like and MMO with auto attacks and cooldown abilities but mixed with some strategic elements like positioning boni and chainable effects.

Persona is shit m8

I don't care about any of those games desu, they need another Souls exclusive or a real Silent Hill successor, Death Stranding is just too vague right now.

But is it fun? Is it as strategic as turn based? Is it good?

It's really hit or miss. You won't know if you like it until you play it. Watch some Let's Plays. The first Xenoblade has Let's Plays by chuggaconroy (expert) and cryaotic (noob) which I would recommened.

The only good xeno is gears

fuck off with your weebshit

I like it a lot, it's basically ATB with auto hits and a lot of shenanigans on top of it
xenoblade runs pretty good on dolphin, just knock yourself out

Did they fix the sound issues? Or was it deemed ok and abandoned?

It's really braindead, most boring atb system i've ever played

I don't have a goodPC, is the virtual console version good?

just people speculating that Xenoblade 2 will be delayed because when X was revealed (without release date shown), it released year later than Reggie claimed in one single interview.

Just played it not too long ago.
They were no sound issues, but when I downloaded the texture pack the sound started being awful at times.
I stuck with it since the texture pack is almost needed if you wanna play on pc, since the game is pretty ugly otherwise.
Maybe it's just me, or my pc wasn't powerul enough for the texture pack idk

probably best one since you can play it on wii u gamepad

I'm ready.

Posting pics of the music team

They should be nutered

Sawano was the only composer for xcx right?

Mitsuda and Ace+ seem to be really into it.

Can't read what's on the paper. I need to get some glasses

>muffled You Will Know Our Names in the background

Good work

There's also the fact that the west didn't get X until half a year later. The game itself might be out this year in Japan, but unless they are doing the localization differently this time around we probably won't see it before early 2018 at the very least.

We have Mitsuda the guy in the back, Chico with the hat and the other Ace+ dudes on the ground. Don't recognize the tall one

Why they blur their faces? I didn't realize this was a prono. Wtf i hate nintendo now.

She's playing the harmonica.

To be honest, I hope not, I know I'll probably invest hundreds of hours in Xenoblade 2 and thus won't have the time to play MarioO before one or two months after.

Xenoblade combat system is probably the most boring combat system to watch among RPGs. It's pretty ok when you're the one playing.

Why would you ever need 150 people to create a soundtrack

>Get hype, bros.
like i was hype for xcx and smt x fe and then noa majorly fucked up the localizations? xc2 won't be worth dick until the switch is modded and you can get a decensor.

Lies

A complete orchestra singing I can't see you, I can't hear you, I can't feel you... scat scat scat

Will the music have vocals with a gregorian chant style like the first game?

Where the fuck is her nose?

Hope so!

youtube.com/watch?v=ol5k02RRYhY

Need to preload textures into ram to avoid sound issues. The readme for the texture pack explicitly mentions that.

its the little black dot in the middle to connect the eyes and mouth

>Dude with the hat is still here

Can't wait for my guitar riffs during battles

giant robots when

Good news, I just found out that a group called Anúna is helping with the soundtrack, they have a lot of musics like that, so I think it's safe to expect a lot of those in the OST of the game.

It's going to be amazing

No Skells no buy

They're called Dolls

>The girls become giant robots

X never had a release date, whole XB2 has at least 2017.

>the girls ARE giant robots

>we know more about the music than the game itself
T-Thanks Takahashi

>SRW and Xeno
Toptier taste /m/y friend.

just wait for e3

You are pretty awesome yourself, user.
I just hope X2 mechanical design will be on par with previous games

Why does Mastema's upgrade look so bad compared to the vanilla version
Every other robot is a straight upgrade compared to its old counterpart.

>No TLoU2 though
Why the fuck would anyone play that cinematic garbage?
I own a PS4 and have been happily playing Nier and P5 and half of those games look awful.

because we can't have nice things
>industrial doll looks like shit in it's upgraded high lvl form
>and no high level police doll

have you bough Yamato's game, user?

That would be nice desu. But Xenoblade won't do it

don't lose your hope Ryusei
maybe some fairlions will cheer you up

>you can ride them

Not that user but it was GREAT DASH: The Game for me

>attention pilot
>locomotive approaching
youtube.com/watch?v=HX2g2DNIdg8

When can we expect gameplay footage? I can just buy a cd, if I wanted to listen to music

And its gonna get delayed once again.

>literally no reason to do so
whatever you say, faggot

400-ish here, I've gone into overdrive and immediately cancelled it expecting a qte. It's annoying but unless you're really bad at the game, it won't kill you.

Xenoblade Chronicles X probably has the most poorly designed post-game out of any game I've ever played

The only thing that should never exist are time-trial only materials. Everything else is fine, if tuned for the autistic completionists.

The autistic drop rates make the post-game pretty much unplayable
nice argument

I didn't really like the upper-tier head designs for amdusias or lailah, I liked the others well. Except for lailah though, all the patterns for coloring were way better in the lvl 30 series.

And the global-nemesis-only materials. Shiggy-ygg doesn't come around too often these days, and one day ninty is gonna shut down the servers without releasing any patches to addres the issues that will arise because of it.

I honestly have to question WHY Monolith even thought adding multiplayer was a good idea at all.
A niche JRPG on a dead console cannot support a multiplayer community. They really made a poor decision by introducing multiplayer, especially since there's only two Nemesis.