Dark Souls

Fuck this dumb nigger retarded game. Just after the Capra Demon bullshittery they throw me at an even worse area which is filled with stupid game design, annoying enemies and a gigantic maze you have to cross to get to the boss. NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER STUPID GAME.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUYpZDYunIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>open shortcut to the hollow merchant in the sewers
>buy purging stone and an extra just in case
>no more curse
Wow its fucking nothing. You should only get cursed once when you first encounter the basilisks, twice if you're unlucky.

>i'm bad at video games and rather than learning how to play i throw temper tantrums and expect to be pandered to
neo Sup Forums was a mistake

it must suck to be so bad

>he had trouble with capra demon
oh stop youre giving me nostalgia of all the shitters from years ago

Pretty much this. These guys are only annoying the very first time you run into them after you see their gimmick once its easy to kill them.

>didn't start with the master key

>dying to basilisks

hahaha are you just like...standing there? my nigga just walk in the other direction like i dont even understand hahahah

>Not starting with master key
>Not having Cursebite ring
>Not having Grasscrest shield
I think it's time to uninstall.

GIT

> look Ma look at me be racist on the Internet

great thread

That area is completely skipable.
Enjoy upper Blighttown.
You should have taken the key gift.

it's way fuckin worse in DS3 through

I can think of multiple parts in that game where like 10 basilisks spawn from the ceiling at the same time and surround you

or the FUCKING SWAMP WITH BASILISKS AND YOU CAN'T MOVE AND THEY CORNER YOU AND THEN YOU GET FUCKING INVADED BY THE LONDOR PALE SHADE AAAAAAAAA

picking master key on your first playthrough is actually a bad idea

does the word nigger offend you

Yeah that swamp section with the multiple basilisks was kinda gay. DS3 felt like it had lackluster enemy placement overall seems like they just threw more at you instead of made them harder.

>the bulbs aren't its eyes. The small eyes above its mouth are

>not using daggers to just quickstep through then entire swamp area
It mitigates the entire swamp area

Well, maybe. Upper Blighttown is the TRUE dark souls experience (tm)
I know that i don't plan on going back there again.

b...but then what are the bulbs?

You can kill him like in 2 -3 hits, never had any problem with himm

GIT GUD
I
T

G
U
D

>Run past Giant rat
>Slide down small path near waterfall holding left the entire time
>Now you are in the room with the shortcut to the bonfire and the quickest route to the boss

Wow....
Examining your surroundings it tough.

I still don't understand why there was no Rusted Iron Ring equivalent. It feels really bad to have to quickstep through that area.

>stupid game design
HURR DURR IT CAN'T BE BAD DESIGN B-CUZ THAT WOULD CHEAPEN MY FEELING OF ACCOMPLISHMENT AND IMPLY I WASTED MY TIME ON A SHITTY GAME
FLOOP DOOP GIT GOOD NOOBLY BOOB

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HOW GOOD THE STORY IS, IT'S ALMOST AS DEEP AND PHILOSOPHICAL AS MY FAVORITE TV SHOW!!!!!

In b4 50 replies of "git gud" or some variant thereof. sage for shit.

Probably because it would have negated any danger the swamp had at all. In DaS the hardest part of Blight Town was reaching the swamp. After that you can pretty much just roll from island to island easily, the ring just let you do that faster.

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

I bet you laughed to yourself while writing that.

what a reddit thing to say

but the swamp for the most part didn't have any danger, just inconvenience.

>first try
>get through sewers easy
>no problems with these guys
>die somewhere
>fuck
>start again
>first one curses me
>fuck
>keep getting cursed for some reason
>curse fucking stacks
>life bar was literally a small dot
>everything killed me in 1 hit even if I shielded
>spent hours frustrated looking for an uncurse thing
>ended up going up the bell tower to uncurse me

I was playing it before I had internet to update the game to stop curse stack. This is my favorite memory of the series

the DS3 swamp is way more dangerous than blighttown

basilisks, those slime piles, ghru everywhere, those gigantic warlock dudes, there's fuckin darkwraiths, there are TWO scripted NPC invasions

>tfw beaten all 3 dark souls game
>ds1 at least 2 dozen times
>ds2 3 times
>ds3 9 times
>never been cursed

How do you possibly let this happen?

>Claims to have beaten DS1
>First time meeting Seath
>"Not cursed"
Found the filthy guide reader.

You can just kill Ingward to drain New Londo and go up the Valley of Drakes to get to Blighttown that way. I think you can also go through the Darkroot Basin to get to there. You don't need the Master Key.

Not him but Seath killed me before he cursed me on my first encounter.
And then somehow he did manage to curse me during the actual bossfight

But there are enough islands around that you never have to fight them in the actual swamp. So it just gets relegated to an annoyance rather than a challenge.

Literally have not been cursed by the basilisks in DS3 even once, I did die from their melee attack once though

Also not that guy and I didn't even realise Seath inflicted curse despite completing it multiple times. He just kills me before the curse hits.

git gud

If you have at least a bit of humanity and don't just spam heals running around in the crystals you won't get cursed during the first encounter

Normally a play will run around confused and die to the room-wide AoE attack which deals tons of damage and just juggles you

>2017
>there's still people who are playing Dark Souls for the first time now

Just what have you people been doing all these years? Are you just LoL and Dota only fags?

I think he meant "jumping ahead of the usual first time progression path on your first playthrough is a bad idea"

didnt even knew they had a attack, all they did was fucking fly up and fart alot, i didnt even what that did at the time, i was just dead

t. dark souls 3 baby

They're full of the curse jizz. You encounter one is ds2 that's blown it's load and is all deflated.

Fuck them though, they're still super unnerving

WAIT WHAT

Yeah I know and agree, just wanted to dispell the common myth that goes around that you need to start with the Master Key if you want to skip the Depths and upper Blighttown

jesus christ

DS1 basilisks have no attacks except for the curse spit
DS2 basilisks have some "body" damage when they jump at you, but otherwise work the same
DS3 basilisks have a few melee attacks, along with basically the same spit attacks as before

Much larger image.

Look above mouth, below the two orange testicles on its forehead.

>Capra Demon bullshittery
is this a long-running meme or did people genuinely struggle with this boss?

For your first time around, first time ever playing a Souls game, the Capra fight can catch you off guard due to that being one of the first multiple enemy bosses that go at you all at once (unlike the gargoyles)

Nobody struggles with it. Its just the level and the enemies are constructed, depending on RNG, you've got about 50% chance of getting insta-killed the second you step through the fog what with two dogs and Capra and no place to dodge.

Anyone that didn't get instantly killed killed on the first time in either lucked out or watched a video.

>No place to dodge
Whaaaat

did death used to be hard before patches or what

>multiple enemy bosses
It's 2 dogs and a boss.

Gargoyles are legitimately harder.

>depending on RNG, you've got about 50% chance of getting insta-killed the second you step through the fog
What?

You have no fucking idea user...

>accidently fall into one of the holes there
>surrounded by those things
>managed to get out without problem

You just suck.
I played DS1 for hundreds of hours and didn't even get cursed once. No idea how people even manage to do that with the clouds being so easy to avoid and the movements being so predictable.

Maybe if someone invades you and you panic but besides that there is no excuse.

With capra you have 3 things attacking you all at once in a very tight space
With gargoyles there's one attacking you and the other breathing fire somewhere, kinda in your directions, with the arena being the entire roof

What the user meant with the RNG is that, depending on how the dogs and capra act, it is possible to get blocked by the dogs while Capra does that overhead double slam, which you will likely not be able to dodge and generally not have enough stamina or shield stability to withstand blocking

MAN YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS HARD? HA!

Every other boss fight you have some room to move and think about what to do. Then you're thrown in the closet with this angry motherfucker and his two dogs. You have no time, and if you haven't read a guide or bought the chain mail set, you'll likely be staggered by the second dog you didn't notice which gives capra boy time to cut you to ribbons.

The way I usually deal with it is to pop a resin and one hit the dogs ASAP. But if you don't know what to expect then it is quite likely you'll get fucked up.

I honestly think most DS1 bosses and areas are entirely equal in difficulty so long as you are leveling.
>Without leveling knowledge of the game is more than enough
There's only a few points that ever felt tougher than previous areas and previous bosses.

>Ornstien and Smough
>The Bed of Chaos (if you don't exit the game after each stage)
>DLC bosses but not the areas

Hey so something I noticed after playing the first Dark Souls, wondering what you guys think.

It feels very much like the guys behind designing Dark Souls didn't stand on established game design practices, it all feels very archaic like an old NES game. I'm not necessarily saying that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's just something I noticed.

>Secrets no normal person would be able to figure out their first time through
>Spots that kill you because you didn't know something you couldn't have possibly figured out beforehand, therefore everyone will die to these at least once. (IE the Abyss and Seathe's first fight)
>An entire optional zone hidden behind a double illusory wall
>Bosses are prone to be cheesed very easily
>The entirety of Crystal Caves, IE invisible walkways with no (reliable) way to tell where the edges are

If you didn't play the game just say you didn't play the game, stop being such an over-reacting faggot.

The only boss I have any trouble with (even after multiple playthroughs) is gargoyles

The secrets sure, I'll give you, and there are maybe 2 or 3 unfair deaths, but theres a chest that you're supposed to hit to check for a mimic behind the first illusory wall leading to Great Hollow, then that hit is supposed to clear the illusory wall then i guess you're meant to think "maybe there's another one"

I can't really think of any bosses that are easily cheesed, and crystal caves has little snowflakes that drop on the walkways (which are pretty wide actually)

The Seath thing is really the only bullshit part I think.

The death from the Abyss is told to you by the guy in the Crimson robes you get the key from to access the Abyss in the first place. Its not the game's fault even if all of us ignored it the first time.

The secrets (as in the illusory walls and some other things) aren't really a problem because they keep you coming back. I played several times without ever finding the Painted World or finding more than a single illusory wall or cutting the Gaping Dragon's tail off. It adds to the game rather than taking away in my opinion.

The cheesing only comes with knowledge or guides so I don't see this as a real issue.

The Crystal Caves have the falling snow or whatever the hell it was supposed to be and there are Prism stones made for exactly that area an nowhere else.

I have played the game through over 100 times so maybe I'm biased and jaded but I hope I have cleared at least a single point up.

Thats some real scary shit desu

Somebody didn't have the problem I did? I'll just say they didn't play the game/call them a shill/fanboy etc. (You)
There's quite a bit of space to the right, which is away from the dogs, and capra has a really slow and basic moveset so dodging is pretty easy and gives you time to react, even if it is your first time seeing him. sure, you might put yourself in a shit position, but no way will you get instakilled.

On a side note, how do IGN exist? youtube.com/watch?v=KUYpZDYunIM

If somebody this bad can beat it, nobody should be bitching.

just poor m8

I'm shit at these games and I got through these guys no problem at all.

the ones in the giant tree were another story, though

It's just their general way of designing games
You can see traces of it all very clearly in King's Field games, where secrets are so obscure you're stuck with grinding your face against the walls pressing X to find a hidden entrance half the time

I tried it once years ago when I first got a PS3 and got stuck on the church roof gargoyles.

then there were a bajillion other games that needed playing.

OP I'm playing on fucking Keyboard+Mouse with no mod support, and I had no trouble whatsoever with basilisks, haven't died to them even once, stop being an idiot

>I'm playing on fucking Keyboard+Mouse with no mod support
You're either the bravest man alive or completely insane

I wonder what she looks like before the beatings

Pretending to be a retarded SJW should be bannable, you're going to make actual ones think they're in good company

>The Seath thing is really the only bullshit part I think.
that's actually one of the smartest things the game pulls off. the game uses the "save" mechanics against you by making you respawn in a cell. somewhat cheap, but kinda meta if you think about it (and surely one of those sweet wtf moments impossible to recreate after the first playthrough).

>I don't know what the boss room is shaped like and how the entrance is narrow, but I totally played the game guys, etc....

Yeah, like I said, if you didn't play the game, just say it, don't over-react like a faggot and then go into full damage control when called out for it.

I don't dislike it at all.
I just don't think it fits in with the theme of being able to figure it out as there is nothing to figure out.
All other aspects of the game can be outskilled and outthought which my autocorrect is telling me aren't even words.
It is in every sense "bullshit" but it does something special because it goes against the grain.

I think there's some way to avoid that trap by jumping off the elevator, but honestly who the fuck would do that on his first playthrough?

Anyway, what is really cheap IMO is the infamous fire death on the bridge.

>b-but muh clues!

Yeah, ok, even assuming you can make 1+1, what are the chances that on your first try you understand exactly what to do?

never have a problem with those guys
fuck the zone tho

(You)

GIT
I
T

GUD
U
D

See
Its arguably the shortest area in the game.

>10 basilisks spawn from the ceiling at the same time
Bullshit they only come at you 2-3 at a time, anything more and you've just been running through the area aggroing everything like a retard

Maybe I've always played the games paranoid but I always take an estus to be at full whenever I'm done with an encounter (at least until I am familiar with the layout) and I'm pretty sure I've never died to the first fire on the bridge regardless of level. After the pass if you haven't run away I think its fair to say its the player's fault.

not him, but who would figure that out on his first try? at least, the way I play, I don't look immediately for shortcuts.

Maybe it depends on how far on the bridge you are, but I'm quite sure that there are good chances that the fire kills you even at full health.

I literally had never been cursed until my last playthrough where I willingly got cursed to see what it was like.

I must have been very lucky.

I'll take your word for it user. I've played the game too many times to know for certain about things like that.
Also I wouldn't expect anyone to the first time but his comment seemed to imply multiple playthroughs.

>having trouble in the depths

>I'll take your word for it user. I've played the game too many times to know for certain about things like that.
Well, for what I remember killing the red drake was one of the (if not the) hardest thing to pull off in DS because of how annoying it is and that fucking fire. IIRC even with black night armour and every possible fire defense, a full direct hit from above could potentially rekt you.

>being so emotionally stunted that you can't handle a video game with some difficulty

How bad are you at video games if you even get caught by these guys? I never got cursed. I played this game more than a dozen times.

>tfw the drakes fire breath didnt kill me but close to it
>run back towards solaire
>see the drake sitting there waiting form me
>assume he will light the whole bridge up again if i run out there and kill me
>spent a lot of time going back through the burg looking for the path i missed
>eventually think fuck it and take a run across the bridge
>on the edge of my seat expecting to die any second
>make it down the stairs and find the bonfire shortcut
The sense of relief after all that stress is one of my best memories

Dude seriously, just watch a fucking video if you're too shit to reach it yourself.

>The entirety of Crystal Caves, IE invisible walkways with no (reliable) way to tell where the edges are
I guess it depends on your definition of reliable, but IIRC there are snowflakes/sparkles around the whole area and they do not pass through the invisible walkways. Not to mention the marbles that you can throw on the floor, literally the only use they have in the game.