Takashi Tokita working on Switch project

>"Top secret mission begins!"

twitter.com/Takashi_Tokita/status/850225809889517569

What's he working on, Sup Forums?

Reminder that Square Enix said yesterday that they will be supporting Switch with new and old releases.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/news/293404/Whats_it_like_developing_for_the_Switch_9_indie_studios_weigh_in.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally Who?

OP's dad who works at nintendo

Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy Legends, etc.

>most notable for working Director roles on Chrono Trigger and Parasite Eve

We in this now boys!

metroid switch: samus's spaghetti sunrise

all-new zebus adventure with pasta-based graphics engine

Huh. That's interesting? I mean, I am not getting excited, because in the end it might just be an enhanced port of an age old game or something, but still.

There is still the elephant in the room that Cloud is in Smash, so surely Nintendo and Square Enix are on good terms recently.

Square is back, baby!

What was the last actual game he worked with? I mean, he's been doing nothing but ports and mobile shit for a decade now

>Aiyah having fun with Mario. 1-up Wahoo!

We can infer from his previous roles that he's likely working on Octopath Traveller or a Final Fantasy remake / spinoff title.

This news just comes after yesterday's announcement that Square Enix will be focusing on Switch more than Scorpio for 2017.

Said article also states that Yosuke Matsuda wants to bring ports to Switch that are feasible for the platform.

FFIV DS remake

>it's been 10 years since the remake

Well Octopath Traveller has already been in development for some time already so it's not that

inb4 another FFIV remake or sequel.

Hopefully if it is a sequel it'll retcon the fucking mess TAY was.

Well yeah, after the lack thereof support of Square Enix for Wii U (bar DQX) and the sudden support of Switch goes to show that Nintendo is off to a pretty good start at least courting some of their local 3rd parties.

Chrono Trigger with the same graphic style of the FF IOS ports. :^)

Potentially. It is meaningless though until we see some games.

Hopefully we'll see something promising at E3.

Switch is apparently the easiest platform to develop for, so that probably helps.

nice.
I hope it's 2D/2.5D .

>First the scorpio
>now this

poor sonybros

never had a chance

Why was the The After Years so bad Sup Forums?

I was so excited to play a FFIV sequel after so long and then it was the blunder of the century.

What went so wrong?

Stoopid Takashi. It's not a secret if you tell everybody!

say it with me Sup Forums

CRYSTAL
CHRONICLES
TWO

"I'm on a mission right now!"
Fuck he's going to make KRC real.

Where is this information coming from?

Hnnngggg. I wish.
Looks like im gonna listen to the ffcc ost at work today, Oh Light! Here i come.

Google it. It's what developers have said. It's also cheaper so Switch will get third party support this time around but it won't be able to handle the super demanding games, obviously.

Tokita had absolutely nothing to do with Crystal Chronicle though, I'm not sure that's what you want.

>post yfw Chrono Break on switch

it's his uncle you double cuck

crystal chronicles sequel please

What're the chances that new FFXI mobile port launches on the switch as well?

Is he going to fuck it?

FFV or VI

REMAKE

Final Fantasy IV: The Before Years

buy the full game for $60 but only be allowed to play it for 6 months! then buy it again for full price!

fuuuuuck there are some great things in this device's future I can not wait

FFIV: The Years After The After Years

>FFVI the after years; Where we reveal our OC villain is actually the true mastermind of the plot

so what games are confirmed for switch development now?

>has been who hasn't produced anything of note for over 2 decades

some shitty phone/16-bit game most likely

Yuck

Please let them just make FFV but new
>but Bravely Repeat, tho
>but Who? Second, tho

Don't even talk to me again

I love ai-chan

They've said it's easy. But I haven't heard anyone say it's specifically easier than PS4 or xbone.

If you care so much you could have googled it, asshole gamasutra.com/view/news/293404/Whats_it_like_developing_for_the_Switch_9_indie_studios_weigh_in.php

UGGGH

MUST SPRAY PAINT WITH MY GOOEY SAUCE