Home alone on a Fryday? Why don't you go to Dave & Busters? They have arcade games there

Home alone on a Fryday? Why don't you go to Dave & Busters? They have arcade games there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=igpOzhAkKhw&list=PL6sjgshQD4DyH6EClWjY3h7S6JYIiFHRX
youtube.com/watch?v=w7Jer5xDbOM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Wednesday is 1/2 off all arcades.

Every time I see these commercials, I wonder what kind of people go there. It seems too "childish" for normal adults, but too social and loud for autists.

Dave and Busters is a shitty place where dudebros/dorks with boring personalities take their random internet hook-ups on a lame first date.

I live near one, and no they fucking don't, it's either upscaled iOS games, or High-end Thrills garbage, there's barely any classic shit

ha this

If I'm going to make the trip out to an arcade I'm going to go to the good one.

The one near here has an arcade version of luigi's mansion dark moon, ended up playing through the whole thing with a friend.

Because D&B is garbage with nothing but shitty redemption games and I have an R1 near me

There's also only one DDR machine, and it's hogged by the same faggots EVERY time I go there on the way home from work, I usually have to get a waitress to make them fuck off if I wanna play, and sometimes I do this even when I don't feel playing just because. They're also COMPETITIVE faggots because each of them plays with memory cards, so they're ancient machines in addition to all that

They have House of the dead 2. And arcade that had House of the dead 2 is good

>tfw the only resurgence arcades are seeing is upscaled mobile games

>There's also only one DDR machine, and it's hogged by the same faggots EVERY time I go there on the way home from work, I usually have to get a waitress to make them fuck off if I wanna play
Just tell them you want to play

>wanting to play DDR
>being this much of a faggot
>seeing said faggot get mad at other faggots
>the circle of faggots.

Didn't expect the "dudebros." That seems kind of odd. There's one near my apartment complex that I pass on the way back from work and there's always 3 cars or so in the parking lot. Granted that's surely not their prime hours, but when I go to get groceries late on Friday/Saturday nights it still looks almost deserted.

All redemption games are "ARCADE EXCLUSIVE" editions of shitty P2W shit as well, with the same odds

>Just tell them you want to play
They don't care, they're oblivious to the fact that people will line-up behind them for 10+ minutes, and one dude swatted my ex's hand when she tried to put her card on top of the machine to get the next game, these are autists we're dealing with

>pretending that any arcade machine is your own personal one if you set-up shop there

The only arcade that's piqued my interest lately is the Star Wars Battlepod. Anyone played it? I loved the trilogy arcade.

Haha yeah ex dee
>that guy wants to play video games
What a FAGGOT

There's also zero point in going to this D&B unless they're having specials due to the fact that the superior Gameworks is on the other side of the mall

It's really something. A giant screen fills up most of your vision while it blasts air and sound at you from all directions. The presentation is phenomenal, but the game itself isn't very good. It's just tracking targets with giant red circles until you eventually reach one that darts all over the screen and requires 90% uptime on shooting it before you run out of time and fail the mission.

There's a also a "sports bar" section. People will go there as a regular bar. They do have a lot of drinks though.

One of the only times I ever went to a """barcade""" was some shithole called Dorky's in Tacoma a couple years ago, and it showcased how nerds are 100% incapable of nailing both the bar AND arcade aspect. Nothing was on tap, all drinks were both bottled AND ranged from lukewarm-to-cool, the food was prepackaged oven-bake shit they spruced-up, and the games themselves were in various states of disrepair, with non-functioning buttons, horribly-uncalibrated displays, and barely anything was less than 50 cents

The experience was enough to cause my ex to never trust her roommate with money OR major dining decisions from that point on

I have to drive for an hour just to play Arcade stage 7/8 for a couple hours, and even then, its the same 10-20 emo dorks that populate these places.

My first time I went there, I was fucking bewildered that the same exact demographic existed in these places despite it being 10 years since my last visit to an arcade. It just feels like a time capsule from 2004 which is great

tfw to get the special prize you have to quadruple the all time high score

you summed up the local barcade near me as well. Thankfully they have some reasonably attractive bartenders but all they need to know is to pull down the lever to fill up a beer and work a bottle opener.

The patrons that go there are every living cliche you can when picturing the most autistic gamer and good god the fucking trans faggots that invade there make me sick considering they walk wearing Jap. school girl outfits while having a full beard. Perhaps it's not trans but whatever the fuck they are, fuck them.

The game choice is pretty good but everyone yells like a god damn raging ape when they defeat someone or a level. It's as if these inbreeds never been around other people and don't know how to socially interact with others.

I have to put hand sanitizer every time i leave that place from all the dry cummies left on the joysticks and buttons. Fucking degenerates.

The one I played had the muddiest goddamn visuals ever, it looked like the 3D effects were clashing with the curved display, which made it look like a DLP TV in the final stages of life. Maybe it was getting a lot of abuse, but the gameplay itself wasn't any better, Star Wars Trilogy Arcade has yet to be topped

>They do have a lot of drinks though
The first time I went to D&B as an adult started with the bartender having to look-up how to make an Old Fashioned - a drink part of every bartending school exam for the last couple centuries

>arcade games

I wish, all they have are super-sized mobile phone games.

The one by me as Daytona USA which I guess is the most skill-based classic arcade game available. It's fun to play in manual and pretend I'm playing Initial D but that's about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=igpOzhAkKhw&list=PL6sjgshQD4DyH6EClWjY3h7S6JYIiFHRX

GAY BONAAAAAAAA

This pretty much. Though someone smarter and not poor would prefer a better place and not really reveal their passion for video games.

Doesn't tend to make girls wet. Or in the case of Sup Forums, hard.

>Chuck E. Cheese for "adults"

NOPE.jpg

>candy crush arcade

I think I'm going to be sick

nuke the planet, if this is the future of video games - then I'm ready for death.

I already went last week with my gf.

dont be jealous, she's fat and has children

>she's fat and has children
wife's son and i?

Nah, a little girl

youtube.com/watch?v=w7Jer5xDbOM

it's amazing how many people forego the joys of driving manual in arcade games.

kukold

what went wrong with arcades?

Easy there user, im not a billionare yet.

If i was still in the US and not in this shithole of BR, i would have gone already. Not sure how it os now, but 15 years ago, the place was god-tier for me (except gameworks, that was beyond D&B). Just remembering the time when there were free weekend (or was it mid-week) free credits was the shit. HOTD2, Vampire Night and Time Crisis 2, Carnevil, Daytona and i remember even a DDR was the shit. Has it turned to a shell of it's former self? Cause i'm sure it's not as shit as what we have here. I'm even lusting for that damned minigolf and cart they had near Miami.

fuck your phone game "arcade" shit, the gigga nigga has come to town

I miss when my uncle use to work at that place

would give me and my dad cards loaded with poitns and we would go there every week and play for hours

Wait do you live in SoCal? Are you talking about Ontario Mills? Or is that a common setup for some reason?

Have the prizes at D&B gotten shittier, or is that just me not being a kid anymore to find the stuff appealing?

Raw thrills.

There are plenty of arcade games still getting released in the east; Raw thrills is just the ONLY distributor in the US anymore and they only build poorly made deer hunder and fast and furious cabinates.

Yeah, it's Ontario Mills, i.e. don't go there during a school night

>got my first bj in the back of a D&B from my cute crossdressing friend

best birthday party ever

Ontario Mills is the most boring mall, I just go to Puente Hills mall for Round1 with some friends every now and then. Outside of D&B and Gameworks there's nothing interesting there. Aren't most the games in Gameworks glitchy or busted? I went a few years back and nearly every game we tried didn't work right.

story time? Was he cute?

I don't know man, I grew up going to an awesome arcade. It just felt like such a magical place to be growing up. Now the closest thing to an arcade anywhere near me is Dave and Busters and this one bar that is filled with retro console games you can play, which is a wonderful awesome concept but still not the same. I also remember when every pizza restaurant, laundromat, and movie theater had arcade games in them. No more.

>he
tomboy actually. and yes, she was.

so we all agree pic related were the true king of arcades, right?

The one you've pictures is DDR Ace which was released last year, it uses IC cards to load online profiles, not memory cards like the old PS-based mixes.

>NAMCO

FTFY

I work at one of these

But the $10 hour long free play, fuck anything else. One day I'll convince them to put in some Gundam vs cabinets.

>tomboy
I don't care if its a work of fiction, it's nice to hear of some good old wholesome reverse traps in this day and age.

>grew up near one of the longest standing arcades standing, Camelot in Anaheim
>decided to give it a visit since I visited home in a long time
>it's fucking filled to brim with this horseshit and their actual games are shoved upstairs, buttons missing, sticks busted, some outright turned off
I mean I get it, this is what makes money. Still doesn't feel good.

Back when I had friends a decade or two ago, we liked to hang out at pic related. Good times.

They just announced it's going to be closed within the next three years so they can knock it down and build a shopping mall. Fuck this gay earth.

I miss old-fashioned tomgirls. Bitches with short hair are a fucking minefield now, a solid 50% of girls with short hair will be too crazy to fuck, and its a damn shame. feminism ruined my fetish.

DDR and Beatmania ruined Arcades like MJ ruined basketball. They are great games themselves, but fuck if it didn't change the experience altogether. Can't play shit without these games blaring music two feet behind my games.

>50% crazy
>30% secret penis

So 80% crazy?

traps are fucking crazy, anyone who tells you differently has never actually been with a trap.

the only thing worth playing is usually the 8-cab daytona setup

fuck, I wish I lived anywhere near a Round 1

I'm down in FL. Only proper arcade I know is Arcade Odyssey, down by Miami (40 minutes from me, fairly decent place with some rare shit like Futari Black Label, their racing machines are kind of poorly maintained -- don't play Crazy Taxi or Outrun 2 there but most of their other shit is fine like lightgun and normal control games)
also, they've got Virtual On (VOOM, MSBS 3.3), although I wish they had oratan (I don't know if anyone in the US has a VOOT machine with MSBS 5.4 or 5.66, and I'm pretty sure there's less than 10 oratan machines in the country anyway)

nah
Namco was only much better on than Sega in the early-80s, and then spent '86 onward playing catchup.
it was a great rivalry though, some of the best games of all time came out of the two jockeying for position

never implied those groups aren't exclusive

>going out

Gundam would be the right idea

I like just walking the loop and people watching after eating there, at least aside from the Gameworks and D&B it has the bitchin food court.
I also miss watching the people at the Vans skate park that used to be there when I was a kid.

Because they're expensive as fuck and are slowly replacing all their proper arcade games with ticket shit, upsized smart phone games, and ticket shit phone games.

there is a barcade over in tampa thats got a free play Streetfighter Alpha, and a decent amount of other cabinets at 1 quarter.

Girlfriend went out of town for the weekend. The nearest Dave and Buster's is like an hour away.

Round 1 is definitely better than D&B.

I was surprised when they had Tekken and Street Fighter in em.

Arcades literally ruined the gaming community. And don't say

>HURRRR arcades started the gaming community!

Vidya was not the start of gaming. Wargames, board games, and pen and paper were the beginning of that culture. Arcades drew in casuals and ruined everything. Fuck I hate arcades.

lol arcades are always known for having people dedicated to their genre of games, it wasn't uncommon for guys spending hundreds of dollars a year on 1 game. The kind of people that go there are basically competitive players with some social skills some not alot

>look up Round 1
>it's sprinkled in parts of random states

Why the FUCK are there no arcades in south florida

Not much of a reason except Pump Fiesta. Wish o could find another DDR machine somewhere

Round One is better.

Correction: they have mobile games like flappy bird, fruit ninja, and angry birds but on a really big touchscreen. Dave and busters is the normie aecade. But their food is ok. I sometimes will go there for drinks with my normie friends. I remember back in the day they used to have this cool Mech game where you got into this pod thing that simulated a mech cockpit and got to fight your friends, that was cool. And they used to have like this shooting gallery thing with a light gun that made things like explode or knock over. But the one near me got rid of both those for more phone games.

Because I work there. The games all suck, the kitchen has roaches and the drink menu is awful.

preferably /out/, don't need you on /tg/

Did you try Boomers?

i agree, the only good one they have left is that zombie Jurassic park type game

>VOOM

Man I miss playing that game with friends. Oratan is probably the most criminally underrated game of all time though mostly because it basically had no US arcade release and the console versions have glaring play-with-friends issues.

>Dreamcast version has a really, really shit control setup so you can't even move and turn simultaneously, but has splitscreen multiplayer.
>XBLA version is great but has no local multiplayer, only Japanese people are online, and the game's basically unplayable with over 80 ping, god forbid 200