I fucking love paradox games

I fucking love paradox games

Excellent thread. Me too, lad

Utopia is some good shit. I wish they'd release cheaper portrait packs, though.

i tried playing this game and it's boring as fuck

you just sit there and wait on stuff to happen

So some user was saying the expansion could be unlocked the same way as the dlc with some text edits, any word on that?

Yeah likewise. Got two weeks holiday coming up from work and I plan on spending an entire day just playing a Fanatical Purifier Race, getting an Indian ordered and getting drunk. Been looking forward to it since February.

Their DLC policies are shitty, but I agree none the less OP

It feels so fucking weird how the better part of my mighty empire was builty by 2 science vessels and 1 construction ship.

I need some goddamn more customization
>the ability to change ruler title
>more civics
>more species traits
>more
>MORE
Stellaris has such promise but it needs an assload more content

I want to try one because they're constantly on sale but I don't feel intelligent enough

mfw I integrate a vassal as a hive mind before I have gene editing to adapt their brains to my consciousness, only to find that the only understanding I have of organic matter that exists within my realm but is not part of myself is as food

mfw i keep apologizing to all my angry neighbors as i keep shoveling forkfuls of cooked vassal into my mouth

Good goy

I'd love them more if they would ever make midgame interesting.

the fanatic purifier trait is nuts

How is the combat?

Better than SINS?

We need more endgame crisis events
Also it'd be nice if one happening didn't preclude the possibility of another one
Like why is it that just because the Tyranids invade, the robots won't rise up?

Fuck no, Sins combat is way more interesting
I like Stellaris but it's not really the game if you're just interested in space battles

Not even close

Nothing. The game has no combat, it's "left lick to initiate automatic battle". Looks dank though

I saw it gives a new bombardment option, armageddon?
How's that?

Did this game ever get better? Did mods fix the shit mechanics? The release was shitty as fuck.

i don't, i think they're boring as hell and lack any real strategic or political depth. they're pseudo intellectual games that people play to feel like they control an empire, when in reality an empire isn't about "hurrr time to move my tax slider a little bit more to the left and deploy my troops here!"

in short, they're a waste of time and aimed at pseudo intellectuals.

The original felt a bit empty in terms of stuff to do if you weren't interested in waging wars. Did they release enough DLC for it to be fun on the economy/diplomacy side?

No

>economy
Well now you can completely trivialize it with some absolutely broken additions
>diplomacy
Diplomacy is still basically shit, that needs to be next on their list of things to do

So I'm playing authoritarian/militarist/spiritualist and the game forces me to have a caste system if I am to function, I don't want that. I'm not a fucking space pooinloo.

i haven't used it yet. i just started with it and everyone is at -1000 relation because of that trait. it's going to be an interesting game

Combat is pretty shit and the AI is retarded, even mods barely fix combat.

>fleet engages enemy fleet, all control is taken away and you have to watch
>corvettes just fuck off in every direction and die, sometimes they avoid combat instead of being the fodder they are
>cruisers charge forward to explode while destroyers sit around doing nothing
>battleship just takes pot-shots when it feels like it then gets destroyed

It's fun to watch though.

Well shit.

>Unbidden do nothing after dlc
>Literally 8-10 60 k fleets afking n only 1 anchor after like 15 years

The fuck?

You can get rid of the caste system if you want by setting your species rights, also it's more like Russian serfdom than the Indian caste system. My main species is free and I keep aliens in the caste system.

>Well now you can completely trivialize it with some absolutely broken additions

Care to explain?

Man I like the new habitats but they need to be tweaked, right now they're fucking BROKENLY powerful
There's basically no reason to ever build a Dyson Sphere considering that for the same amount of minerals as it takes to build one, you could build like 30 habitats and fill them up with +10 energy buildings and get way more power than the Dyson Sphere could ever produce

nice blogpost

Come to think of it, the same is true for the Science Nexus, meaning there's basically no reason to get the galactic wonders ascension perk, just the circle of life one if you want to build ringworlds

>that one civic that makes all your farms generate unity
Where were you when pacifist became OP?

yeah, used this shit in the last game

Does it run on linux?

talk getting fucked it was going good my xenophobic human empire going great and then some cunt next to me wars me and manages to fuck 2 of my planets and i have to surrender before he fucks anything else and then i'm his vassal for the entire fucking game when the fallen fucks come and i manage to kill a dreadnaught and take it and get the fallen perk so i do like 33% more damage i actually manage to push them back because i have like 5 habitats in my new capital home world system and then it suddenly ends because i'm fucking integrated into the cunt who vassaled me and i couldnt figure out how to go independent again. FUCK.

This sentence gave me an aneurysm

Castes were established by vedic aryans to differenciate themselves from pooinloos.

>having farms
stupid fucking organics lmao

no prob mah nigga

@echo off
del C:\Synthetic\System32

Then why do you pick one of their worst?

It came out as a complete mess, and even with latest patch / dlc it still has enormous defects compared to the needs of a space 4x, namely:
AI is still terrible
War are insultingly boring (stack a fuckhuge fleet, finish. No sense in spreading out)
No trade
No espionage
Diplomacy is ridiculous
Sector AI is even worse than other AI
Planet management is shallow

Ok, maybe in other 6 DLC it will be great. So far, it's meh.

Lel

you do that in all games

They forgot to ship gameplay with Stellaris.
Wait for the next 3 or 4 DLC, it has a chance of actually becoming enjoyable by then.

>forgot
>devs basically live off dlc sales