So, im gonna finally play this for the first time today

So, im gonna finally play this for the first time today.
I know that Sup Forums has, lets say, "mixed" opinion on the game, but any advices how to play it(the most fun playthrough, etc).
New Vegas is my favorite game, so i have idea of bethesda games and i know the reputation of Skyrim, so i dont expect to get the same value out of it as i did from NV, but still wanna try it.
Any dos and donts?
>inb4 mods

i dont really care about mods in general and i dont plan to sunk thousands of hours in the game anyway, i just wanna do a deent playthrough and see what the fuzz is all about

>inb4 mods

so you dont want to have a thread then?

as i said, im not that much into muh wifu mods and shit, i just wanna finish the game once and maybe if i really enjoy it ill start thinking about other moded playthroughs

Buy a Switch and wait for Skyrim to come out on that

>playing a shitty game
>playing a shitty game vanilla

OP is a faggot.

>Buy a Switch

im 25 years old

>25 years old
>playing Skyrimjob

You know the mods arent limited to waifu shit

Skyrim has its flaws but it is a great game especially the first several hours and the dlc was sick

If you have Legendary Edition, just download The Journey mod.
The game sucks a big bag of dicks without mods.

Dont listen to the autistic kids ITT op, just go and make a sneak/archery character, its the only fun way to play the game.Its a bad game, compared to previous TES and especially New Vegas, but it still can be a fun experience to waste 40-50 hours in

arbitrary rules for your character to roleplay

for instance a redguard who has to steal from every house they enter

>play is at the time
>meh, drop it after about 15 hours
>mate is playing it at his this year
>ask for a shot
>the game is the most clunky piece of shit to ever grace gaming, physics are absolute garbage, graphics look horrible even for the time (like they aren't charming old, they just look shoddy)
>hitting enemies with a sword or most weapons is just swinging at air in front of them while they grunt
>pretty much only entertaining aspect of the game is dragon shouts

its probably one of the most over rated games of all time

>Will I need a massive PC to run this smoothly?
>Yes
Woooooooooooooow
>need an $8000 rig to play a slightly less shit edition of Skyrim

Just play Ultima VII or Morrowind.

Well yeah if you're jaded as fuck you aren't going to have fun with it or any game

That's the thing with Skyrim, there aren't any dos or don'ts. You can make a pure bred warrior and end up the archmage of the mages' college and the role playing aspects can only be found at its most basic via mods.

The Special Edition of the game doesn't yet have a scripthook so any mods that require their own scripts are also out.

Leave whiterun at once, whiterun is a trap make your home at other cities

Dont save scum or wiki scum let events play out

Wuld and unsheate makes you run when encumbered

Always bring your horse

Not really.
I have this mod, plus 200 others, I added myself, it runs 60 fps, without crashing, or any anomalies.
Specs:
i7-4790K
16 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 980Ti

remember to get an arrow in the knee xD

>You know
I bet he plays on a console so he doesn't know.

So you have disposable income.

he said he's 25, not that hes 25 manchild

Most I would usually do to Skyrim in regards to mods was cbbe mod. Then I would level up pick pocketing and steal all the females clothes till towns were full of naked big titted big bootied npcs. Was the worst thing to play when trying to do nofap. Would end up alt tabbing out too much too.

just rerun New Vegas again instead