And I should buy games from the virtual console when emulating them is better in literally every way because

And I should buy games from the virtual console when emulating them is better in literally every way because....

It's not authentic Nintendo product!

Do you own a copy of the original? If so go ahead and emulate. If not you were probably going to pirate anyway and shouldn't have to come here to get approval.

>has the potential to damage tens of thousands of jobs

Good. I live to see Nintard employees eating out of dumpsters.

Well then emulate it, you stupid nigger.

>Those last two
I'm sure Data East is livid that people are able to play The Glory of Heracles in English, despite the fact that it was and will never be released in English and Data East doesn't fucking exist anymore.

tl;dr

Oh I will, but I thought maybe you'd have some compelling argument why I shouldn't.

But don't you get it, it's ILLEGAL!

Don't forget those Satellaview services that literally don't exist anymore! St. Giga must be fuming! All that money lost from a thing they could never recreate even if they wanted to!

because you know you want to play it on your brand new system. you don't know why, but you know that's what you want.

It really hurts Nintardo's bottom line that I can emulate bootleg Korean Famicom games.

VC was a good idea until people realized it wasn't tied to your account and they didn't even run on next gen consoles.

If you could pay $10 for Super Metroid and play it on every Nintendo console ever made in the future and also have all your saves carry over in the cloud it would actually be worth it.

That just means you're hurting SNK's revenue stream. Only they have the right to benefit fron such VALUABLE ASSETS, as the copyright owners.

Fuck, even a subscription service exclusively comprised of first and third party games would be fine. People would absolutely pay for access to the back catalogue, and localizing previously exclusive titles and adding really rare shit (like Satellaview games) over time would be a good incentive to keep people hooked.

They're morons.

Nintendo can eat a dick for not establishing something like a Steam where your bought content carries over to the coming generation of consoles.

SNK couldn't release localized versions if they wanted to, as the copyright is in part held by Nintendo, and vice versa. There's no way anyone can ever profit from Heracles I-IV and the garden game on Game Boy ever again.

>bought VC games on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS
>none of them will carry over to Switch
>can't even share them between 3DS and Wii U
>N64 games have input lag on Wii U
>none of the good DS or GBA games are on the eShop
Virtual console is shit.

Why would i you stupid fuck? how about you make a compelling argument about why you make an issue out of it if you have the meants to play shit for free?

Flash news; everybody here has emulated or pirated games, if you want to be the special snowflake living on the edge among sheeps go to some official nintendo forum, you underaged idiot.

This, once I realized the VC games I bought for 3ds wouldn't carry over to Wii U, I just hacked both of them and dowloaded all that I wanted.

That game was free with your Wii mini.

And yes, I was in love with the notion of my games to be mine, but nintendon't had a better idea.

No Switch for me, WiiU until it becomes dust.

VC on the Wii U is incredibly laggy so only strategy/RPGs are playable
Is it better on the Switch?

Because it's legal.

Now if you don't give a fuck about obtaining the games legally then go ahead and emulate all you like and stop acting like a pretentious cunt about it.

The other main problem with the VC is the simple fact that it to date has never come close to living up to the amount of past gen content that Nintendo claimed it would get back when they were hyping it up before it launched on the Wii.

I remember the majority of people being legitimately excited about the concept back then. That sure wore off.

>i
>meants
>Flash news;

Are you an alien doing a bad impression of a human?

>save up all my nintendo club points from those slips that came with wii games way back
>scrounge them from friends
>have like 2000 points, really struggle to pick something
>end up getting river city ransom and sin & punishment
>they turn out to be amazing

>The Wii VC is still the most comprehensive by a wide margin.
>It's not even that good.

How about you make your argument after pointing out my typos or you have nothing to defend yourslef with?

this. it baffles me that such a simple concept was lost on (or more likely, completely ignored by) Nintendo. even now, with being constantly asked about it during the lead up to the Switch release, they still can't give an answer as to why.

If you bought it, emulate it. They're not allowed to demand you to buy the same game again.

Myslef? No, I have nothing to defend myslef with. Now how about you tell me why I should buy games that I can emulate for free.

>they still can't give an answer as to why.
...To make more money. How fucking dense are you?

Sin and Punishment's success on the Wii Virtual Console resulted in Sin and Punishment 2 being given the go-ahead.
I think if we keep buying Virtual Console games, we'll get Sin and Punishment 3.

The only way they'll ever even slightly hurt piracy is when they make their service more convenient then downloading roms off the Internet. Until that makes its way through the chain of suits at Nintendo nothing will ever change.

That suggestion to have a buy once own it forever on every Nintendo console is perfect, but hell if that'll happen in this lifetime

>Now how about you tell me why I should buy games that I can emulate for free.

Why would i, you stupid fuck? i get literally no money from rom sales.

>WAH WAH NINTENDO IS MEANIEZ IMMA PIRATE DEM GAMES LOOK AT ME IM PIRATIN DEM GAMES

Welcome to the club, dick spelunker.

Sounds like your special needs class took a field trip to the library, and you snuck off to use the computer. Does Mrs Fineberg know you're acting like this, timothy?

Welcome to the club, dickspelunker.

>the current availability of a game in stores is irrelevant as to its copyright status
Legally, this is true, but it's complete fucking bullshit. You're telling me that if I ever want to play Mischief Makers I have to track down an original cartridge because Nintendo and Treasure haven't bothered to re-release a 20 year old game in any form? So it's the consumer's fault that a company doesn't want to profit off of older software? How the fuck does that make sense? And like OP has stated, it really doesn't help that illegal emulation is actually better in so many ways, both in connivance and in quality. Not to mention that Nintendo charges extra if you want the same game on multiple platforms, which makes no fucking sense at all.

I don't mean to toot Sony's horn but PS1 and PS2 emulation are actually really well done on their side. It's not better than PCSX2, with its special widescreen support and what not, but it's pretty damn good. Put side by side, I couldn't really tell which is original hardware and which is a PSN download. Furthermore, Sony is really friendly with their emulated games in the sense that a single PS1 game purchased can be played on a PS3, PSP, and Vita. And I know it's not exactly fair to compare subjective games but how the fuck do NES and SNES games run for $5 and $7 when the vast majority of PS1 games go for $5, with the occasionally rare $10 game.

Nintendo is handling the whole emulation front so fucking poorly and it pisses me the fuck off. Recently, Sony dropped the ball with the PS4's PS2 software not carrying over from the PS3 but at least they went the extra mile to do some decent upscaling and sharpening. If Nintendo did this with their N64 games, which desperately fucking need it, then that would be pretty great but no, of course not. It's so fucking convenient that the law puts so much power in the producer's hands to the point where they can just sit on a property and not do anything with it.

>Is VC better on Switch?
Good question, and good luck finding an answer.

But if the only way to buy is the secondhand market and the price climbs due to scarcity, it benefits Nintendo!

Buy Mischief Makers used until it costs $2M, and they might sell it for the low, low price of $70!