Is it me or do enemies have way too much health in this game?

Is it me or do enemies have way too much health in this game?
Whenever you fight strong monsters, you lose a lot more things than you gain. With Lynels you just spam the same move over and over again, breaking all of your best weapons and you get rewarded with fucking peanuts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZMMws1PQeY
youtu.be/mcJSx-K5tWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's just you.

Lynels might, but you generally get rare and powerful shit for beating one. If anything, Silver Bokoblins have too much HP considering the only unique thing they drop is gemstones.

Grab better weapons, boyo. Get the Master Sword and you'll only break one weapon per Lynel fight.

It's still boring.

I liked it, level scaling is fucking gay. Encountering an enemy you can't beat until you get better equipment and better at fighting will always be more interesting than constantly fighting things you can just barely ever lose to.

Well if you feel like Lynels are boring you don't need to fight them. If you're one of those guys who needs to farm then again, get better weapons, cook attack+ food and the fights are over in 90 seconds at most.

Sounds like you're not fighting them properly by throwing bombs from above where they will never notice you.

I enjoy how BotW's level scaling works, because even though the world scales around you, there are still always monsters both above and below you in power.

You can still find red bokoblin camps even when you're finding silver lynels.

i tried this thinking it was the perfect plan. my patients wore out 1/4 health into his life.

>taking twelve hours to cheese a fight that you can do in three minutes if you're actually good at combat
maybe this is a good strategy if you are retarded.

>tfw the normal battle music suddenly swells into orchestra as you fight a Lynel

Would you hug a Lynel if it was nice?

HOW DO I BEAT THE LYNELS

I just fought a white-maned lynel and only used one sword.

I can use one savage lynel bow to destroy another silver lynel that drops me another and a shit ton of goodies.

Only the early game Lynels drop meh.

attack it until it dies

So how does the master sword work in this game anyway?

>parry
>headshot with bow
>mount
>repeat
Also dodge and flurry rush. Lynels have huge telegraphs for all of their attacks.

Nice. Now how without getting fucked by it's attacks....

Well-timed dodges and flurry rush. Arrows to the face stun them but can leave you open to an attack so time them well.

>tfw Zelda fell for the hp sponge enemy meme and farming in your lifetime

youtube.com/watch?v=DZMMws1PQeY

ggez

10 minute recharge on shattering. It has its own dedicated weapon slot.

Also if you try to throw it while it's shining it shoots sword beams.

They took a page out of Bethesda's book of difficulty: Inflate enemies health and damage.

The Master Sword is a 30 damage weapon that works off of an alternate durability system from other weapons. Instead of breaking, it will run out of power and be forced to recharge for 10 minutes as a 0 damage weapon you cannot select.

When fighting Guardians (except for the ones in shrines), or when you're in dungeons, the Master Sword becomes a 60 damage weapon that crits when it strikes and has crazy durability.

30 power normally, 60 against Guardians and bosses. Doesn't permanently break but takes 10 minutes to recharge.

Just stop getting sidetracked.
The game is padded with meaningless "content"

Once you go after the Divine beasts without being sidetracked by enemies who break your weapons, you realise how little content there truly is.

>If you're one of those guys who needs to farm then again, get better weapons
>needing to farm Lynels
wow, what a casual
>Needs better weapons
For what? Ganon? All the weapons in hyrule Castle kill him. You're preparing for nothing
Other Lynels? If you can survive and mount them your weapons won't break and you won't take a scratch.

What is the point of fighting Lynels?

How? After a certain point literally no enemy is a challenge. I get they want you to feel strong but they let you get way too op. Not to mention any enemy in the game can be bested with flurry and parry. This game should have launched with hard mode, it excels at combat yet your reward for getting gud is that you can't lose to anything and youre left with no incentive to continue.

Lynels scare you when you're a weak bitch and make you feel strong when you're a tough guy. That's the point of Lynels.

>once you skip all the content you'll realize how little content there is

No shit. That's like saying fallout 3 has no content because you can finish it in 15 minutes if you know what you're doing.

>once you skip all the content
You mean all the copy pasted shit?

>you need to farm in botw
And hp sponge is false

So how many Links got assraped by Lynels?
for me it's 10+, 5 body counts from that zora main quest

Lynels have the strongest weapons in the game. You only stand to gain by fighting one unless you use lynel weapons to fight it.

Give them a nice shot in the face, when they crouch mount the Lynel's back then equip your strongest weapon and mash like crazy.

When you are on their back your weapon durabilty wont change. Basically, if you do this your weapon will never break.

Damn, I love this game and all its little gameplay and world details.

Also does not take up a slot.

You get rewarded with the best weapons in the game and if you're not chugging attack up potions for the big goons you're doing it wrong.

The only copy pasted shit is the combat test shrines, and even those have a couple slight variations on the arena.

Thats how everything is. You have limited inventory for weapons, so you constantly swap out crap gear for good gear. When you encounter enemies, you gotta make sure they have gear on par with your own to justify using durability on them. It's such an ass backwards system.

or you could not use your durability to kill them. smack them around with magnesis, throw bombs at powder kegs

>You gotta think about whether using your resources to get a reward is worth the reward.
>It's such an ass backwards system.

Having meaningful decisions is a good thing.

Don't get hit

The high end weapons don't even feel meaningful though.

>korok seeds
>chains of sidequests/fetchquests where even the NPCs lines are copypasted word for word and only thing that changes is part of the quest title
>towers
>enemy camps
>bigger enemies
You can bullshit all you want but once you get over the 'omg new open world, so much to do' initial period which takes a few hours you'll notice all the copypasted shit unless you're in deep denial or have $300 investment to defend.

You're no help

It's literally just you, I only ever break one, maybe two weapons on any given Lynel, and it's worth it because Lynel weapons are great

Master your perfect dodges, flurry rush that shit, headshot them out of their fire breath animation to stun them and climb on them and attack them without using weapon durability, or glide on them from above or using the updraft from their fire blasts to ride them, or use the updraft to go full slowmo headshot flurry in midair. Try and climb them every time they take a knee, perfect dodge all their attacks and they become easy as fuck.

And what excuse do the other non open world Zelda games have for copy pasting?

No it literally didn't.

>while it's shining
Or at full health

I just found out how easy it is to stagger them by shooting them in the face. Before that the fights were challenging. Now even Silver Lynels are cake.

>hard mode lets Lynels deflect arrows

This guy beat a silver lynel without breaking a single weapon and he was rewarded with a weapon that does nearly double the damage

youtu.be/mcJSx-K5tWA

Lynels do they are the strongest enemies in the game
>Rare/Fire/Ice Talus: 800 hp
>Black Hinox/Stalnox: 1000 hp
>Molduga: 1500 hp
>Red Lynel: 2000 hp
>Blue Lynel: 3000 hp
>White Lynel: 4000 hp
>Silver Lynel: 6000 hp
Its unknown how much hp the four blight ganons have but its less than a silver lynel
Calamity Ganon has the mosthp in the game however

The best way is to mount them and bash them with a really powerful weapon. Attacking while having mounted a Lynel seems to use up significantly less (if not zero) durability. I killed 3 Silver Lynels with a single Guardian Battle Axe++ by only attacking them when having mounted them.

I dunno if that is intentional or not, but when I attack them normally with it usually the Battle Axe++ breaks before even killing one.

Blights were seriously weak. Very odd choice to have them just melt like that.

you cant kill him properly when you are trying to get him with 5-6 hearts

that's some really nice playing.

It's not just you, don't listen to the shills. final Lynels and Bokoblins are the worst ennemies in the games because of how boring it is to fight them. It's not hard, it's not complicated, it's just freaking long for the sake of being freaking long. If an enemy is shitty enough to almost never hit you, then you should be able to kill him with a single 3 hits combo max.

They're meant to be fought at any point in the game and in any order or as a boss rush before Ganon.

They kinda had to be that way. Here's hoping Hard mode includes changes to some of that sort of shit.

Silver Moblins and Lizalfos are reasonably balanced but I agree Silver Bokoblin and Lynel.