Can we all agree that rayman 2 is the best Rayman game?

Can we all agree that rayman 2 is the best Rayman game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D_ir4oAuRZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NwcqOCO50vY
youtube.com/watch?v=uN5FR3wYYAA
youtube.com/watch?v=bn0glv4652Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3L8SrxRP1dE
youtube.com/watch?v=kyBy4Ggyp7M
youtube.com/watch?v=InidaDuibSY
youtube.com/watch?v=gDqUzHTPOhw
youtube.com/watch?v=TaM2FTwcY30
youtube.com/watch?v=5ViwOTq4kL0&ab_channel=RockstarOST
youtube.com/watch?v=4PMFYenhKPo
youtube.com/watch?v=uxQdWubPtK8
youtube.com/watch?v=yd-KDxXnSDM
youtube.com/watch?v=FjNOws4CBQM
youtube.com/watch?v=I57FxZFHcdo
youtube.com/watch?v=bmH6FDNl9nI
youtube.com/watch?v=CB8XQn3zdRA
youtube.com/watch?v=uQEGT50-I3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=X6ez3StoHks
youtube.com/watch?v=s94VB0dEfC0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Certainly one of the best 3d platformers

game is fucking rad my man

I played it during the 3DS launch when I was in middle school

Must've been 15+ years since I played this but it was pretty neat. The more recent Origins and Legends are fun as fuck too though, at least with couch coop.

Great game. When I was a kiddo I thought I found some huge secret when I went against the lava river on that plumb. I still have the game on dreamcast.

that's not rayman _1____

Nope, that would be Origins or Legends. Take your pick.

The first feels really outdated in parts. I love 2 but there's better 3D platformers from the era.

Origins/Legends feel like they were made for old Rayman fans.

Funny how much people still talk about 2, but hardly anyone ever mentions 3

Guess it just wasn't as memorable
Definitely wasn't bad, though.

That's not Hoodlum Havoc.

that's not rayman 3

Rayman 3 is superior.

>kids that were in middle school when 3DS launched are now old enough to post on Sup Forums
I feel like a grandpa

hoodlummind

Rayman 1 > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2

I feel bad for Nintenbros who played it on N64. The soundtrack is amazing and it was completely gimped in cartridge form.

>PS/Dreamcast
youtube.com/watch?v=D_ir4oAuRZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NwcqOCO50vY
youtube.com/watch?v=uN5FR3wYYAA

>N64
youtube.com/watch?v=bn0glv4652Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3L8SrxRP1dE
youtube.com/watch?v=kyBy4Ggyp7M

My brothers from another mother.

youtube.com/watch?v=InidaDuibSY

yup, turning 19 next month and was 12 when the 3DS dropped in 2011

Suppose I was wrong about that 2 definitely had the advantage of having been released on literally every platform though, so I guess there's that
nds port was garbage tho

Every Rayman game is the best Rayman game.

Except the Rabbids games.

Better 3D platformers like...?

These. I played Rayman 1 and 2 as a kid and was ecstatic for 3's release. When I finally had my hands on the game, it blew me away. As far as 3D platformers go, I can't think of a better one.

Oh it's easily the best Rayman game. Yes.

Rayman 1 or origins is 10 times better

>parents were bretty strict about vidya violence
>only manage to play the occasional bit of MoH at friends' houses
>this shit was the fucking bomb
user you don't understand

Cave of Bad Dreams got gimped the worst

youtube.com/watch?v=gDqUzHTPOhw

youtube.com/watch?v=TaM2FTwcY30

Yes
Also the best Ubisoft game

fuck

But the first one is the best

Also i'm a masochistic cuck.

I grew up playing it on N64 and loved the soundtrack, I actually spent a lot of timing splicing together files to make a good soundtrack album in college.

Then I heard the actual music for the first time and was completely blown away.
It might be the very best videogame music of its time, and still holds up today as fantastic
youtube.com/watch?v=5ViwOTq4kL0&ab_channel=RockstarOST

>Kids too young rto have experienced games before the 64/psx era think Rayman legends is a good plataformer

I played 3 a couple years ago since I never did as a kid and it's good but it's not Rayman 2 good at all

getting some Ty vibes from the beginning of that song
youtube.com/watch?v=4PMFYenhKPo

what the fuck man

also, you should play the ps2 version with an emulator

it is a decent game. it's not Rayman 2 good, but it's good.

No, they're all pretty great.

The original Rayman is vastly superior to every other entry in the franchise.

I really like this game, but I remember it being very frustrating. Can't reconcile the attraction I have towards it and the very irritating aspects I clearly remember from it.

Not legends
Maybe origins was good
Legends plataforming sucked, really bad level design for some reason
Also fuck the whole keep playing to earn tickets to earn misters to earn tickets to get points bullshit
And fuck the time mini games aswell

It will always have a special place in my heart since it's one of the games I played the most on the PS1. Although finding out years later that it's the worst version is a bit of a downer.
Anyway, never beat Rayman 1 but still have fond memories of it, Rayman 3 didn't do it for me with its levels, half assed mini-games, power-ups and shitty humor. Origins and Legends were the shit though, although I wish they could've been more original with the antagonists.

How is the 3DS version?

Garbage

>How is the 3DS version?
Defini

Definitive* the only problem is the lack of the ps2 additions

Thanks, guess I'll give that version a try then.

It has some bugs, but it looks and play really well and the 3D effect is great.
Also, you can play it on the sitter.

One of my favorites versions of the game.

man i remember playing rayman 2 using a goddamn joystick why the fuck would i use a joystick.

like an actual flight 1990 flight sim joystick

I loved origins, got the true ending and even had nearly every lum collected, but I hear mixed things on legends. I was a little upset about the art change, loved the style of origins, so I had lost interest in legends. What exactly don't people like about it?

>there will never be a 3D Rayman game ever again
Fuck I'd take a PS4/PC/Xbone/Switch of Rayman 2 over a 2D game.

Legends is great don't listen to any other shitter, it plays around with a bit more gimmicks and a tad easier but that's it.

If you intend to get Legends, just wait till the Definitive edition is out in the future, since it was announced to get more content and features.

It's not really that mixed. Some people prefer it to Legends. But if you must know, stuff like the Murphy Levels, stuff like how it's an easier game compared to Origins, etc. Honestly it's a really good game still.

While i still liked it it felt like they rehashed too much things & the new things they added weren't that great.
Also i hated how disconnected everything felt, Origins barely had a story but at least it had something, Legends felt like a collection of levels without any connection.

Banjo, Mario 64, Gex 3D, COnker, and later on Jak and Daxter.

Rayman 1 is my favourite, because even now it looks gorgeous. Really hard to pick best level and music track.
I respect for what Rayman 2 did to 3D platformers - it was really fresh and great back then. Sanctuary of Water and Ice is my favourite level, as well as having my favourite music track.
Rayman M was fun to play - didn't really like Racing Mode, though. Rise and Shine is the best music track here.
Rayman 3 lost the atmosphere of Rayman 2, but it's still gorgeous, just in a different way. Score system takes time to get used to. Land of the Livid Dead is my favourite level here.
First Rabbids game was good, because it was still designed by Ancel and minigames were taken straight out of scrapped Rayman 4. Rest of Rabbids games were meh to me.
Origins and Legends are both cool, but they don't reach the level of Rayman 1. That doesn't make them bad, though - both are beautiful as well as being cool and fun to play. I played Legends on PS3, and sometimes Murphy felt really iffy - guess it'd be better to play on WiiU version, after all.

I'm sad that Rayman 4 got scrapped two times already - first in 2005 and then in 2006. Wonder if we'll ever get new 3D Rayman. Looking at Beyond Good & Evil 2, I don't expect it anytime soon...

>never played 3
>people say it's the best game in the franchise
>shallow combat
>levels are a really mixed bag
>godawful voice acting
>script desperately trying to be funny by throwing in a bunch of adult jokes

It had a bitchin' soundtrack, that's for sure.
youtube.com/watch?v=uxQdWubPtK8

rayman 3 really isn't very good. i don't understand the praise for that game either.

first Rayman and ignorant

Thanks guys. My only gripe with origins was I a bit sad seeing the world of rayman 2 gone since I thought it was actually a pretty cool world. I love both styles between the 2d and 3d though, hoping they return to that style of story and world though. I'll wait for the definitive version that one guy suggested but I'll pick it up, thanks guys.

>This fucking track
youtube.com/watch?v=yd-KDxXnSDM

I'm still buttmad I didn't realize sooner that the game was very different depending on the console, and that the PSX version was the worst with less music, levels and overall polish. Still loved it, but I played it so much I think I would have hard time going back even if it was a different version.

>Banjo
Lol no
>Mario 64
Nice movement and control but actual level design is meh and not very interesting overall
>Gex 3D
Oh that game with the character that does one liners and never shuts up? Pass.
>Conker
Very unfocused in terms of gameplay and would hardly call it a platformer, the humor and writing carries that game honestly
>Jak and Daxter
Respectable

I personally don't see it coming, but I really hope they eventually go back to the darker, gritty Rayman 2 atmosphere. I still love Origins and Legends, but it doesn't have quite the same mystic, magical mood.

I really, really wish we could get another 3d Rayman with modern graphics

It would be truly magical.

>Definitive edition
I must've missed this. Fucking hell, what is it with every single Rayman game being milked for all it's worth on 35 different platforms and editions. Just make a proper sequel, you fucks.

yes please

R3 >= R2 > R1 > RO > RL/RA > Rabbids

>he didn't play the N64 version
More of the music was cut/redone for some reason and they even cut out the cutscene where Rayman rescues the kids from Razorbeard's ship at the end.

>definitive version is on the Dreamcast
>most didn't play it

Alright, so what's the best most convenient version to play these days?

Emulate the Dreamcast version.

3DS if you have one

>Ubisoft makes it a sandbox game

>3DS
literally
LITERALLY the worst port
fuck off

he asked which is most convenient not best

also ds version is worse by a fucking mile

Isn't there a DS port?

Fucking hell, this board is starting to make me feel old. 2011 was when I was 19 myself.

Dreamcast /= Revolution > Great Escape > Handheld ports > PS1

Legends is great game, it just doesn't live up to it's god tier predecessor.

I'm almost 20 now, and was given Rayman 2 for PC when I was 5/6. My dad has barely played a game in his life, but he still brings up Rayman from time to time. I'm surprised he remembers.

Rabbids go home is the best wii game nobody played.

>Rabbid game
>Good
>Nope

i had rayman 1 on the gameboy, played it more than any game, even pokemon
adhd and hard plataformers mix really fucking well unless you want to ever get anything done

PC or console version guys?

I beat the game on PC as a kid, and played both versions (N64)

PC is 60 fps but doesn't have good controller support

N64 version is better than the PS2 port. The extra boss battles were nice but the load times are atrocious and the HUB is unnecessary

General consensus seems to be that the dreamcast version is the best, so emulate that if you can I guess.

>Oh that game with the character that does one liners and never shuts up? Pass.
Fuck you

Ly is the best
youtube.com/watch?v=FjNOws4CBQM

OH YOBBA DABBAH

Dreamcast version is the best

Every Rayman game has a great sound track, shame Origins' OST doesn't get more love.

youtube.com/watch?v=I57FxZFHcdo

Not him, but it's legitimately good.
Certainly not great.

Same, except it was my grandpa. Wonder what it was about it that made them remember?

youtube.com/watch?v=bmH6FDNl9nI
youtube.com/watch?v=CB8XQn3zdRA
youtube.com/watch?v=uQEGT50-I3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=X6ez3StoHks
youtube.com/watch?v=s94VB0dEfC0

I've only played 3 but I really liked it as a kid. If you're saying 2 is better, I'm willing to look into it.

>Banjo
I liked it as a kid and appreciate it as an adult, but it bores me. What makes you so adamant about it?
>Mario 64
I like everything about it but that game style just isn't my thing anymore. I think you might have the same issue.
>Gex 3D
HARD pass. Fucking Bubsy-tier.
>Conker
You call it unfocused, I call it diverse.
>J&D
Never got into those. They just never pulled me.

I'd like to add
>Glover
This game was so creepy and weird. I'll probably never forget it.

I wonder if there's a way to play the jap localization without the jap dub.

>HARD pass. Fucking Bubsy-tier.
Fuck
You

Rayman 1 is the best videogame ever created. Only true gods have the ability to complete such a masterpiece.

Hahaha. That game makes me feel claustrophobic to play. I'm just uncomfortable and don't have fun and the character is annoying. At least, that's how I was as a kid. I bet there's a game I'm a huge fan of that you don't like, like Megaman Legends. Most people I've brought it up to hate it, but I have a lot of fond memories (despite it controlling like a root canal)

Rayman 1 would have been a lot better without the whole needing to find every obscure secret and land every frame perfect jump just to beat the game thing it did.