Persona 3 is better than Persona 4

Persona 3 is better than Persona 4.

Prove me wrong.

You can't control your party. There. I just did. Also Yukari a shit.

P3P

its not

i just proved you wrong

How do people play this edgy, weeb, no gameplay, may as well be a fucking browser game shit?

persona 3 is also better than persona 5

>can't control your party
>have to downgrade to PSP to actually do so

4 is a bigger number

Haven't played persona 5 so I can't say.

up until persona 2 it is the best SMT time line then it goes full shit with 3 and downhill after that.

It is, though I had more fun with 4. 5 is better than both.

Guys, guys. Let's stop arguing about which game's better or worse.

Instead, let's just be glad that none of them are Trinity Soul.

Not being able to control your party is an intentional part of the gameplay design and makes it more fun if you're not retarded.

Seems like Persona 3 kiddies are out of school this week

Why does Artemis look so stupid?

>party members using Marin Karin constantly is fun

If it weren't for that then the characters in P3 will all be the fucking same
For example Shinjiro choosing to not heal others most the time and not listening to orders

Maybe use the Tactics option then, dumb drakeposter

Shinjiro has no healing skills. And he listened to your commands just fine as long as you didn't expect him to do anything he can't do.

This tbqh
I believe he uses healing items

He does, but he can only use what's in your possession. Why the hell you'd set Shinjiro to support is anyone's guess though.

This meme needs to die.

I think having no control over party members was a stupid decision but if you use tactics properly, Mitsuru will NEVER try to marin karin when it's not possible/appropriate

epic

>He let Mitsuru do whatever and didn't have her on full blast the whole time

Her damage was the best of the groups, you'd have to be retarded to let her Marin Karin

The Social Links are better in 4, which is a majority of the game outside of the combat

5's combat shits on both of them

So depending on your preference for combat vs. social links it's either
5>4>3
4>5>3

This cannot be debated

I played P4 until Kanji's dungeon and then quit

Didn't like the characters and the regular battle music was shit.

also I liked not being able to directly control party members.

Regardless of your opinion on the battle system I think we can all agree Akihiko was the best party member

You can't choose which skills get inherited during fusion.
This was a huge drawback of early SMT games.

Nani?

Persona 1 is a bad SMT game and a bad Persona game.

>Persona 3 is a bad SMT game and a bad Persona game
Fixed

Only bad because of Mitsuru's AI. Fine otherwise.

Persona 3 has problems, but I still think it has the best build up to a climax and best endgame between it and 4. Haven't beaten 5 yet though so I don't know how the endgame is in it.

Persona 3 also didn't punk out on its themes about death being inevitable.

P4 and P5 didn't punk out on their themes either. It's just that none of their themes involve death.

P4's themes were "Friendship is awesome" and "Be true to yourself".

Its not worth it friend, Ive tried in the past.
They'll just yell something about Mitsuru's "AI".

we're a rare breed

This is the most significant problem

This I will give you. It's what has me the most excited for the Strange Journey 3DS port honestly.

>can control your party with tactics
>you can pretty much indirectly control everything they do midway through the game
>not realizing it's a big part of immersion

Get good.

Portable or FES?

[0.FOOL] Orpheus (Lv26)
>Weak: Elec, Curse / Resist: Bless
>Skills: Cadenza, Agilao, Tarunda, Endure, Maragion, Marakukaja, Fire Boost
[0.FOOL] Orpheus Picaro (Lv29)
>Weak: Elec, Curse / Resist: Bless
>Skills: Cadenza, Maragion, Matarunda, Endure, Agidyne, Matarukaja, Fire Boost

Why did they make Orpheus so weak at first if they were just gonna keep making it better with each appearance?

FES. portable is only good to play as a qt girl after getting the story from FES.

4 is better than 3 but I enjoyed 3 more.
Also, I didn't mind not being able to control my party members, really felt like I was MC shitting out orders to my faggot teammates. Besides, you can control your teammates just fine for the most part with the tactics options, there were really only a handful of times where I couldn't make things work out and had to think outside of the box.

Pacing is shit
Also Strega is an actual joke.

Strega was a pretty good example of irony.

>chidori tries to fight your team by herself
Honestly I forgot what her demon looks like. Like she always dies before her turn. Isn't it a red cheetah guy with a speedo or something

I would assume that they play it with a controller

>The Social Links are better in 4

Fucking kek, did we play the same game? They were utterly shit, especially the main cast.

How overpowered were you in that fight? I mean, she's weak, but she's not so weak that she can't last a few turns.

Just started it, give me some tips anons.

Keep orpheus until you get the compendium. He's vital for later fusions and getting him back can be a pain in the ass. Also try to get nekomata, as she is a straight up upgrade from your starting demon

Dedicate only 1 night a month in the dungeon if you can.

The amp and boost skills stack, so once you get the personas that learn the ultimate elemental skills (ragnarok, niflheim, etc) you can deal insane damage with their respective boost and amp skills.

Persona 5 rendered 3 and 4 irrelevant, so who cares?

Tactics are fucking simple to use.

Tartarus is a completely godawful dungeon, and the social links suck major balls. Party members are insufferable for most of the game(some never become decent, such as Mitsuru who has less personality than an actual fucking robot and the dog). Pacing is bad(4's is somewhat better), storyline bosses are stupidly easy and storyline dungeons are maybe 5 minutes long. This game just fucking bugs me.

And why was fatigue even a mechanic in this game? Do you WANT me to hate this shit even more? Not to mention that The Answer isn't even worth the fucking time. Unless you're completely invested in this awful cast, you're not going to get much out of it.

>only 1 night a month in the dungeon
This is bait.

Grind for levels only for better Personas. Try not to get anyone Sick from Tired. Anytime you or anyone else is GREAT then Tartarus it.
Double Fusioning two Personas of the same Arcana downgrades down to the Persona below the order in levels; Triple Fusioning three Personas of the same Arcana upgrades up to the Persona above the order in levels. Also try to conserve MP for long stretches of floors.
You can choose to split up the party to cover more ground and find items instead of just going as a group, as well as have them avoid fights to find items until they get bodyblocked, or have them actively seek out enemies. If you're going as a group and you set them to target enemies, they'll move in to attack any you're close to.

Also, fuck you. Yukari was one of the one characters I actually DID like. I guess I'll give the dog points because it's a fucking dog. Why does a goddamn dog have persona powers? Fuck.

>i can't into tactics
Mitsuru almost never even uses Marin Karin, what the shit.

>hating DA MAN
>hating Shinji
>hating Koromaru
Contrarian faggot.

>1 night
Early game you can't do that. Unless you are playing p3p

Just go blindfolded in your first game, then get max s.link in your next game.

P5 > P2 > P3 > P4 > P1

You didn't though.

P5 > P2EP > P3 > P2IS > P4 > P1 if you wanna be clearer.

Patrician taste.

this is 100% correct

How can anyone like Persona 5 when it stole EVERYTHING from Persona 2 and still not as good as the best Tales of?

I'm a huge P2fag, but 1 played way better than that piece of shit.

Don't worry about maxing all the SL in the first playthrough. Do the ones that you can and use the rest of the time raising your social stats. You need to have certain ranks in certain stats to start some SL.

Um what exactly did it steal from P2?

You could turn on party AI from the options my dude.

Because it stole the good stuff instead of stealing the Shadow gimmick and doing it poorly.

Also it's edgy again.

FUUUUUUCK Sup Forums help me

I'm 55 hours into P5 and haven't started the 5th palace

I'm also 40/50 hours into P3 but nowhere near finishing it (I think October currently)

what should I do

You can use the same damn Tactics in Persona 4 that are in Persona 3. No excuse.
>didn't like the characters
Eh, to each his own. I liked 4's cast more, overall. Naoto can fucking go, though.

Shinji died, Junpei was a dick for half the game, followed by him crying for months, and then finally bottomed out at a decent character, but the development didn't quite make up for the fact that I already decided I didn't like him. Koromaru's just a dog, so there's not much to say there. I still had to deal with that little shit Ken, Aki-grow-a-pair-hiko, and a robot that somehow grew a personality. It's just not a good cast to me, man. Fuuka's just there.

>contrarian faggot
I just did not enjoy this fucking game, dude. If not for the ability to use hammers and the Thor persona, I would have virtually nothing positive to say about it. Thor was my fucking guy.

>smash enemies with hammers
>Thunder Reign whatever I felt like zapping
That, at least, was fun. Most of the game felt like a chore, though. Especially the end.

Finish up P3, then continue P5.

Persona is fucknig garbage

Take your time, once you beat them it will leave you feeling emotionally empty inside.

Worse plot, worse characters, worse gameplay cause of and Tartarus being a shit.

P3P makes it closer though.

>Yusuke=Jun
>Ann=Lisa
>Color Red
>Demon Negotiations
>Similar starting Personas
>Almost the same end game plot

Am I missing anything important (story, characters, etc) for not playing Persona 3 and 4 and going straight to 5?

I found P1 less irritating than P2. The encounter rate wasn't as bad so I found it far less aggravating.

>GAME 5 STOLE STUFF FROM GAME 2
so you must really dislike FF for stealing chocobos and moogles from previous games, huh?

The games are more or less completely disconnected story-wise so no knock yourself out.

>those P3 cast opinions
I thought you were just baiting. Pleasant surprise seeing an actual coherent explanation from a reply.
>liking Thor
Okay I can accept that your opinion is the way it is.

What are your thoughts on P5's cast then? Or P2 (IS and EP)

skim a guide or you probably wont max close to most social links

No, they're not directly related. The high school in P3, along with some characters(just social links) make a cameo appearance in 4, but that's about it.

but don't I have the same amount of time left in both

P4 has less tactical options than P3, making it less viable.

Then focus on P3.

I don't play FF so I wouldn't know

I haven't played either of those. I don't really plan to, either. I don't have any input on them.
All you need is Knock Down, Full Assault, and Heal/Support. That's literally it.

Do you ever get to a point in Persona 3 where your party stops getting fatigued in dungeons? That caused me to quit three hours in.

P3's JRPG aspects are boring as fuck. Tartarus looks like shit and it's so goddamn repetitive.

It happened all of 1 (one) time in my 90 hours on P3P

I wouldn't say Ann was like Lisa aside from being in the lovers arcana. Chie definitely reflects Lisa more. And the negotiations are straight from SMT, not P2.

Why most peope think Thanatos is P3 MC's ultimate persona?

Yeah, about halfway in. The most you get is a random sick day. It's a stupid fucking mechanic that never should have been included. It's not like you can't just clear Tartarus in a single day, anyway.

>it's so goddamn repetitive.
Not to mention that fucking record scratching track for 300 goddamn floors. Sure, there's optional bgm, but still. Why.

I want to eat fast food with Mitsuru!

Because it's treated as such. Orpheus, Thanatos, Messiah and Orpheus Telos are all special Personas to the protagonist.

In p3p it only happens at the end of the night, so you can do the dungeon in one day. In p3 and few it happens after battles, forcing you to switch out party members or spend multiple days doing a dungeon

Thanks anyway dude. I suggest watching LPs of P2 IS and EP, and a good one of P5.
Only good Social Links in P3 were Sun,
Tower, Devil, Hermit, and Hanged Man.

>p5 is my first persona
>has the best characters based on looks alone
do i even bother going back to the other games? do their stories make up for their bad looks? how do i cope with a less stylish game?