The only time I used the phrase "best game ever" was after playing The Last of Us. True then, true now...

The only time I used the phrase "best game ever" was after playing The Last of Us. True then, true now. I don't think anything will top it for a long time.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Games/comments/65f5qj/ashley_johnson_and_troy_baker_are_back_in_the/dg9sbed
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It makes me really cautious to try new games. I just finished this game about 3 days ago, and it is the only PS4 game I've ever played - the only reason being because my boyfriend got one at an insane deal and the game came with the console so I decided to give it a shot. I grew up on Nintendo and kind of had a stick up my butt about "real" video games and it's culture.

Holy shit though, this game completely rocked my world. It was clever, cinematic, emotional, and really made me not only consider the game elements but also made me personally invested in the outcome. I don't see how any other game could top it!

You should return to neogaf and never visit Sup Forums again

Yeah it was the first time a game really made me think about video games as an authentic storytelling medium. I could try to describe it, but I wouldn't do it justice. If you haven't seen the IGN GOTY video from I think 2013, check it out. They do a really good job of explaining what The Last of Us was. Makes me kind of sad that so many people won't get to experience it only because they're not gamers.

You're funny OP.

But Bloodborne is objectively the best game ever. Literally 0 dislikes for it.

Couldn't agree more. I have a Masters degree in English literature, and my thesis was actually on video game narrative, focusing on this game.

It's good, but found it boring and a bit pretentious. I kinda enjoyed Uncharted more.

It may be the fact that I'm not cultured enough, but I think The Last of Us has the best ending of any fictional piece ever. It's so evil and selfish, yet at the same time so human.

le epic ip changing op.... for the win!

>playing TLoU on survivor
>mfw Hotel Basement level

Yakuza.

had a good story,the ending was shit,more movie than game "cinematic experience",no godsend like some faggots like to call it

What is it about father daughter stories that make people love them so much?

Fucking do it on grounded, its retarded. Actually grounded mode was not fun the game. Survivor was perfect. Hard enough to die, easy enough to actually like the game. Grounded made me see the artificial difficultly full blown and made me dislike the game at parts.

>This thread

I've only said that about this game.

>Sup Forums still gets triggered when someone praises tlou

It's the more normal version of loli

Same. Grounded is super unfun. It becomes super obvious how the game cheats with enemies knowing exactly where you are during their searches. Only did it to unlock costumes and what not.

what kind of people unironically think like this? how fucking simple do you have to be?

Team Fortress 2

Story games need actual gameplay to be games

Not even the best game in it respective consoles.

Also, cinematic zombie shit.

The only thing stopping me from revisiting this game is the first section where Joel goes off by himself to sneak around the Infected and take them out one by one.

I don't know why but for me that is by far the hardest section of the entire game and its fairly early on.

>I can't detect sarcasm and simple bait

It's true, like how Disney movies are the gateway for furries. Ellie is the normie loli.

>The only time I used the phrase "INTERACTIVE MOVIE" was after playing The Last of Us. True then, true now.

My post looks like bait, but it isn't.
Usually, I don't play games like that, but after so many people - like OP - saing "Best game ever!" I gave it a try.

For me, the worst part was in the end. You had a big cut scene, and then you walk to elevator, and then ANOTHER big cut scene, and then you walk again - this time playing the girl - and then ANOTHER cut scene and finally the end.

Those part when you walk are totally useless, they don't need to make them. The only make them to make the player think that he played a game, not a movie. And if it was only a cut scene, it should be 10s bigger.

>nu/v/ things this movie is the best game ever

How things have changed.

>The only time I used the phrase "best game ever" was after playing The Last of Us.
I fucking laughed when I read this in the catalog. You're going places, OP.

Unlike lewd lolis, daughterfu is a bit more socially acceptable

According to your post you're retarded

Is this b8?

>The only time I used the phrase "best game ever" was after playing The Last of Us.
Why mods never ban underage people anymore?

They said they created the best multiplayer game ever, and they were right

>le movie meme

I don't even like the game but this shit needs to stop. The game has like 3-4 hours of cutscenes, and well over double that in gameplay unless you play on easier difficulties.

I mean, who cares, its still mediocre at best - but a movie? Metal Gear Solid as a series has always been more of a movie than ND's games ever were, and yet Sup Forums likes to ignore them for some reason.

What are you plebs talking about? Grounded is the only mode you should play it on. The games AI is so exploitable it's a joke especially the human enemies simply because they don't charge at you if they see/hear you.

it's not sarcastic though
clearly op is being a cheeky cunt but someone wrote that stuff to mean it

>Metal Gear Solid as a series has always been more of a movie than ND's games ever were, and yet Sup Forums likes to ignore them for some reason.
MGS is japanese, thats why.

Holy shit this. I cringed hard, especially at the first response.

Maybe serious, may be bait
>boyfriend
>video game culture
>Nintendo
>exclamation mark
>IGN GOTY
>Master degree in English
>any fictional piece ever
All of them are bait user

>my boyfriend

Fag

>all of them are bait
reddit.com/r/Games/comments/65f5qj/ashley_johnson_and_troy_baker_are_back_in_the/dg9sbed
you literally can't make this shit up

>boyfriend

Faggot

OP is posting comments from some reddit thread, i don't remember which

>best narrative in a video game
>what is Ghost Trick
>what is 999
>what is Killer7
>what is MGS
Fucking Okami's final boss get me more emotional than TloU

Killer7 had a narrative?