BREAKING: YOOKA LAYLEE MAY BE CANCELED ON NINTENDO SWITCH

Reports are saying that due to the backlash and negative reception to Yooka Laylee, Play Tonic is scraping the Switch version and might abandon all together.

Nintendo literally posted a developer interview with Playtonic on THEIR OWN CHANNEL a few days ago

get fucked with your shitty Sup Forums clickbait

source

>Backlash
But Yooka Laylee is a platforming masterpiece? Everyone on the internet is giving it nothing but praise.

Not that I'm defending the game nor am I trying to shit on Nintendo here but seriously, any of you that only own Nintendo based systems NEED to own at least a secondary gaming platform too just for the sake of contingency. I'm pretty much doing the same because to be honest, the odds are still against Nintendo right now. There won't be any new games coming out on the Switch for a good while, this is your chance to at least get a modern gaming pc put together.

Cool story brah.

>no games for the switch
>news

OP that is a quality sauce you got there.

I mean I own both because they serve different roles.

JUST

Exactly. If you own a switch, you also need either a PS4, Xbox One, or PC.

If there are any people out there that only own Nintendo systems at this point, they are one of two things:

1) that fucking idiot that always asks if there's going to be a Wii U/Switch port
2) a casual that only plays two or three games a year

"reports"

at first i was really offended but then i remembered that 2 is me.

>Cancel a product due to backlash and negative reception

Uh no, releasing it on a console that has almost no games will get them tons of money.

I don't think there exists a person who ONLY owns a Nintendo console. I would say Sup Forums would claim that all nintenbros do but of course theres no truth in shitposts. Yooka Laylee not coming to the Switch won't do much harm, since with what we saw with the console ports, they are completely unoptimized compared to the PC game so having it on Switch would be the definitive worst edition.

I do, because i dont really care about video games, i just have to keep buying pokemon games out of habit

>Not having a PS4 and a decent PC and planning to get a Switch as soon as FE Warriors comes out

>a casual that only plays two or three games a year
That would be me.

Game is a 3/10 at best. Not sure why you'd bother with a switch port.

Modern AAA games are garbage though. I have a pc and I only use it to play FFXI and Skylines

Releasing it on a console where the owners only buy Nintendo games will get them no money

Nice bait. Switch is where the game will shine. Yooka Laylee 2 Switch exclusive.

haha oh god

Yeah, this. Ironic, nintendo will be what saves "Nu-Rare."

Will the Switch fix the level design? What about the controls? What about the camera? Cutscene and dialogue skip?

>Falseflagging this hard

Thats retarded. The switch is selling like crazy and switch owners are starved for games. Yooka Laylee would be a massive success on the switch even if it is mediocre.

Can you fix something that broken?

Answer No it's too late

Publishers tend not to be the smartest people.

>i just have to keep buying pokemon games out of habit
People like you are what's wrong with the world and it would be a better place if you didn't exist. Control your wallet, loser.

All I have is a Switch and a laptop that can run low-end Steam games and emulate up to PS2 because I'm poorfag, but it's enough to keep me happy. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Isn't it great that I can't even use Sup Forums for first news awareness anymore because the OP has a really good chance of just blatantly lying out of their ass or twisting context to start another lame console wars themed thread?

smugjontron.jpg

I have yooka on my laptop and it overheats and switches off :( it's the best computer in my house

I don't do PC shit but for what it's worth, I own a Switch and a PS4.

But the reception wasnt horrible? It was above average with the main issues being poor camera and largely empty barren worlds it seems along with how it just doesnt feel memorable.

What mistake will they make with their next game, Sup Forums?

I never recommend the Switch to anyone right now. I have one and I like it for what it is, and I don't really regret yet it since I have hope that we'll have some good ninty exclusives in the future. But for right now, unless you really need to get your Zelda fix and you can't get it anywhere else, it's not really worth owning.
Also, I couldn't really recommend buying a Switch as your only console unless Nintendo games are the only ones you would play anyway. I don't really see all that many muliplats, especially AAA, coming to the switch. Nintendo + PC masterace.

I don't use PC for games.

>a game for kids
>in a console for kids
>getting shit on by 30yr old neckbeard guys

I'm only 21 you fuck

You still have access to more than one console. What's your point

Did they really?

Is playtonic actually handling the Switch version instead of farming it out like on PS4/One?

This
I like my Switch, but I bought it because I know what I was buying into. Besides, I treat gaming consoles as a long term investment platform. I dont expect tons of games from the start and then drop it for any console; great if it does start off extremely bountiful.

Was that a Kikestarter goal? I know there was some jew KS that backed out of their Wii U version because the console was dead, even though they literally were paid to do so.

>their response to backlash is to give more reasons for more backlash
Huh.

so then why the fuck do you care about banjo and kazooie spiritual successors? little past your time, kiddo

Source?

I don't, I'm here for the bait

>any of you that only own Nintendo based systems

Stopped reading there. So nobody, since nobody here just owns Nintendo systems.

Nintendo officially become compliment status during the 7th gen gaming era though some would argue it occured when they released the N64. You're actually meant to have it alongside another system from a different manufacturer because there is no justifiable reason to only have a Nintendo console if you're actually serious about gaming, otherwise you'd be missing out on all sorts of 3rd party titles.

What backlash? I haven't paid attention to it at all
It's not just because of jon is it? Did a generation of kids who got caught up in the hype and had never played banjo realize that collectathons aren't actually fun?

I've had a gaming PC since 2013, I'm set. That being said, the games that have come out lately have been garbage. Tried out Nier Automata and it's shit compared to Vanquish, Metal Gear RIsing, and Baonetta.

I'm abandoning videogames and anything related after the Switch for a long until until I can get my shitty life in order, so if it fails and dies sooner than even the Wii U that's good for me.
Here's hoping Nintendo crashes and burns so my life can stop being a mess.
Godspeed, Sonybros.

I do, and I've done so for most of my life, I don't play many games, and Nintendo is the only one that puts out shit I wanna play.
Call me casual, I don't care. I just have other things in my life.

Back in the day you could have an N64 or Gamecube and pretty much be set for the whole generation. Add in the handhelds and that was even more. Wii U was pretty much the only system where I felt like I did need a supplementary console like PS3, which I did get.

Most people have never stuck with only one company their entire life, no matter how much of a fan they claim to be. I consider myself a Nintenbro and even I had other platforms like a PS2, PS3, and Sega Genesis.

you realize the only reason it exist in the first place is because of those 30 yr old neckbeards

that's why i don't get why the game treats you like you have the intelligence of a child, their target audience are nostalgia fags

>young kids wanting nostalgia bait made specifically for 30 year old neckbeards

>2) a casual that only plays two or three games a year
yeah basically
I'm only here for BotW and E3 shitposting

>Owning an xbox one for any reason other than completion of the 8th gen

someone post the farting cannon ending
I can't believe that got past the cert process

(you)

I am the asshole that OP pulled this info out of and i can confirm that it is legit. Please listen to what he is saying and make sure to rape his face if you see him, as he also confessed to me that that is the only thing in life that makes him happy.

>nintendo is a secondary system meme

literally bought my switch for xenoblade 2. I don't care if the game turns out to be shit, I need my fix.

how is it NOT a secondary system when it lacks the multiplats and has a significantly smaller library?

Because the exclusives are better

rayman > mario
ratchet and clank > star fox
halo > metroid

the only Rayman Game better than Mario is Rayman 2

Rayman origins/legends has an objectively superior gameplay style to 2D mario

in character design and music, yes

I said gameplay, user
character design and music are not gameplay
Rayman has many more movement mechanics and levels are just as intricately designed as the best mario levels. It's objectively superior

>halo > metroid
kek halo 4 is worse than other M, and 5 is worse than FF

Other than children all Nintendo fanboys own a pc for other games unless they are retarded. This rule should be true for all systems though and not just the switch.

Real talk, does anyone even expect there to be a YL2? Even among people who liked the game it seems a lukewarm reception.

It's pretty much guaranteed that there'll be at least Tooie to YL's Kazooie.

Good.

I actually play only Nintendo, there aren't any games I feel like I'm missing out on.

...fake news?

Fake news. OP didn't even give a source in their post. Why the hell are there 80 replies to this bait?

I guess this tonic

Was too bitter for its own good.

He says in a world where Donald Trump became President and Pizza Gate was a real thing

Sorry, I shouldn't assume your a he

>Switch is beating all forecasts and becoming a success
>baiting shitposts are becoming increasingly desperate

I wonder who could be behind this post

Depends on how much money it makes, critical reception is pretty meaningless. Hopefully they can find a publisher and YL2 won't be such a low-budget piece of shit. You just can't make a modern game on a N64 budget.

>pizzagate
>real thing
dumb drumpfkin

Paradoxically, the most obvious bait usually works the best.

Y-L had a publisher though. Team 17.

A real publisher that funds the game, not just
>w-we'll handle the distribution!

Nice source

>mass effect, generic shooter 54672472, sports and unbishit
no thanks

heh you never played Halo 4

campaign was actually good

yes. they're working very closely with nintendo to bring the game out on switch becuase of how close they worked together in the rare heyday.

at least that's what they said when they dropped the information that the wii u version was cancelled, so who really knows.

Is that controversial at all? I'm a biased autistic Nintendo fanboy and even I think Nintendo misses out on 95% of good multiplatform games.