New From Software game or God Eater?

New From Software game or God Eater?

youtube.com/watch?v=1qlKNHgxmSE

There's been some argument about whether this game is a new From Software souls like or a new God eater.

The arguments its a new Souls Like have to do with BandaiNamco have published From Software games before, Prepare to Dine is an obvious play on prepare to die, and its likely a new multiplat franchise which will have bloodborne esque gameplay similar to how Dark Souls was a new Demons Souls multiplat.

The Argument its a new God Eater is that you eat enemies/bosses in God Eater and it was just a really poor choice of words for a slogan, the teaser trailer is nothing like any other souls teaser, and the creature 9 seconds in might be an ogretail from the series.

The argument against the above argument is if its a new franchise with clearly more modern esque elements they wouldn't be afraid to hire an animator to just animate a trailer for their new game in 2D fashion which obviously wouldn't be representative of the actual gameplay itself, and they already teased a new God Eater here so why would they release a trailer for an obviously new IP called "A New Project From BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment - Teaser Trailer" if it was just another God Eater.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbtI1PscW0k

Very recently.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fETc77XokxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not even From Software nigga it's namco bandai

Whatever the game is, at least it will be harder than one of the easiest games in the history of gaming franchises. Seriously each area following the "chosen hunter" and his excessively buffed weapons from assorted game locations as he fights brainless enemies has been indistinguishable from the last. Aside from the handholding, the game's only consistency is providing you with absolutely retarded, unchallenging enemies and allowing you to run through all of them without any motive to stay in place or fight them throughout the course of the entire game, all to make the difficult feel easy, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when From Software voted to make the game a PS4 exclusive; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for the souls series. Bloodborne might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the normalfag game in its refusal of challenge, skill and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
>a-at least the Dark Souls games were good though
"No!"
The enemies were easy; the bosses were unfairly hard. As I played, I noticed that every time a enemy went for an attack, he spent an unrealistic amount of time telegraphing his swing.
I began marking on the back of an envelope every moment the enemy stretched his arm back. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope a several dozen times. I was incredulous. Miyazaki's mind is so governed by outdated game design philosophies that he has no other style of challenge. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Dark Souls by the same Kevin-V from Gamespot. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Bloodborne at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Mount and Blade." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Bloodborne" you are, in fact, trained to play ghosts n goblins.

"Enjoy this original animation inspired by a new title in development by Bandai Namco Entertainment, due to be announced on April 20th, 2017."

Publishers claim their games are in development all the time. We'll see on the 20th .

Bandai Namco doesn't make games.

Bloodborne is easy for people with ADHD. Game was a breeze for me I was a parry god made it to level 160 in my first playthrough not even NG+

This is because of how fast paced the game is compared to dark souls. It appeals to the ADHD mindset. Its why people with autism who are much better at mastering Dark Souls thought the game was hard. These are the PVP autists who master parrying and shit in the main souls franchise.

>Aside from the handholding, the game's only consistency is providing you with absolutely retarded, unchallenging enemies and allowing you to run through all of them without any motive to stay in place or fight them throughout the course of the entire game.
You can do this in every single soulsborne game.

What if...its a From Software God Eater game.

>Prepare to Dine
If this isn't basically Dungeon Meshi: Dark Souls Edition I'm going to be very sad

>prepare to

> OH MUST BE A SOULS GAME XDDDD

nowhere at all does the trailer say FROM SOFTWARE.

>Ignores the last word to try and make a point

You do know sometimes teasers purposely hide the developers name for it to be a surprise right?

asuming it's a new souls-like from From, this "vampire souls" could be the next step in the rally system from bloodborne instead of using blood vials or attacking enemies to regain health you have to stagger them and then feed on them in the middle of combat wich could also give you a short damage up, it would make for a very agressive high risk/high reward combat even moreso than booldborne was

>New From Software game
stopped reading right there, how are you this dumb?

As much as I'd like it to be, unless they're taking a LOT of liberties/it's excessively stylized, it's not a God Eater.
Aragami don't leave skeletons behind (such as the one that's on fire), that weapon sure as hell isn't a God Arc (way too small), and her outfit isn't blatantly fanservicey enough to be a main female character.

>prepare to dine an obvious play on prepare to die
>not a new from software souls like
Pick one and ONLY one

Why can't it be armored core? Oh wait most from fans only play souls

Did you even watch the trailer? It has nothing to do with armored core.

I mean it could always just be some shit low budget no-name game with that tagline slapped on hoping to drum up some quick publicity

It's probably not even From Software. All they mentioned was Bamco is involved.
>Prepare to Di(n)e
Yeah, to drum up extra support. The game itself might just be called Prepare to Dine, which draws inspiration. Nothing is explicitly FromSoft here.

I glanced down to the start of the second paragraph when moving to the second line
>Perhaps the die was cast
Laughed. Bravo.

if it's not made by it's original dev it's not a fucking sequel

I don't think that's how it works but why are you bringing up your butthurt nostalgia faggery mad about Dark Souls 2 being better than Demons Souls and Dark Souls 1 in this thread?

>Bandai Namco doesn't make games.

Are you retarded?

God Eater has its own set of teasers, it's not that.

90% chance it's a mobile game or a $20 2D "indie" game.

Name 1 game made by Bandai Namco Entertainment.

Why do you fucks always want to beg for yet another Souls game?
For the love of god give the genre a rest
Also yes it's God Eater 3. It's been practically confirmed for a while.

I don't want to give the genre a rest because I'm not tired of it yet.

I didn't even get to play Bloodborne.

From doesn't work with bamco anymore you stupid motherfucker.

Then just play Bloodborne. The Soulsborne formula needs either a complete overhaul or a well deserved rest. I want Miyazaki and co to flex their muscles and do new stuff/revivals of older IPs

That Bandai Namco logo at the corner of my Dark Souls 3 box really makes me think...

IT's clearly going to be some new Dungeon crawler than BAMCo plans to shill because FROM is owned by someone else now.

>The Soulsborne Formula needs a rest
They only made 5 games and there's only been like 3 AAA non from software Souls like games that have been released.

Its a dry market that's only primarily been tried in Medieval Dark Fantasy. It absolutely does NOT need a rest.

But they've been clustered in the span of less than 10 years. Not only that, but all the imitators are further souring the grand scale of the "Souls genre"

made a couple wallpapers

>Demon's Souls
>Dark Souls
>Dark Souls 2
>SotFS
>Bloodborne
>Lords of the Fallen
>Dark Souls 3
>Let it Die
>Salt and Sanctuary
>Nioh

Out of the 3 AAA ones out that I know of (Lords of the Fallen, Let it Die, and Nioh) Pretty sure 2 of them have pretty much mostly positive feedback.

And I gotta be honest The Surge doesn't look bad but I heard it was only 20 hours long so its definitely overpriced even tho its not out yet.

this character looks a lot like aoi ogata's hate chan

That isn't even From Soft going into full Rehash mode. I miss my yearly Armored Core game releases.

don't waste time trying to argue with those guys, they are the same people who want them to make a dark souls 10 not realizing the people that make these games are HUMAN and can only make great games for so long. Not to mention once they do make a dark souls game that flops it will kill the franchise on a shitty game as opposed to leaving it in a respectable place.

They just think more = good

>I miss my yearly Armored Core game releases.
I didn't. And I don't want to see Souls walk that path.
Give Souls a break, go back to AC/other older IPs after a hiatus, etc

>Implying SOFTS is another Souls and not just the updated version of Dark Souls 2 with the DLC bundled
>IndieShit
Nice try. Its still a dry genre.

>2014 Dark Souls 2
>2015 Bloodborne & Dark Souls 2 Sotfs
>2016 Dark Souls 3
>2017 Vampire Souls ???

so having a yearly release of a souls game isn't going to get stale like it already is?

just look at call of duty every year one comes out and it's been progressively worse year after year why would you want that to happen to a genre that is decent?

They still pushed it out as a separate release to try and make bank.

>anymore

Its a not a souls game. From the looks of it it might be a hollow knight clone.

5 games in a specific sub-genre from the same developer in a span of 7 years is not dry. That isn't even counting the rip-offs and extremely similar titles like LOTF and Nioh.

Would you play a Souls-like game with an autistically detailed food crafting system?

Says who

From the Japanese trailer

Production Company: Lizzi Akana LLC
Creative Director: Lizzi Akana
Character Design/Storyboard Art: Marika Cowan
Background Design: Jennifer Leaver
Animation: Lizzi Akana, Marika Cowan
Compositing: Andrew Macfarlane
Music: Fritz Myers

None of these people work at Fromsoft
This is not a Fromsoft game
It's a marketing ploy. They used the tagline because Bamco are memequeens and they knew it would get people talking about it.
This may be 'inspired' by Souls, and it may not be, but one thing I can tell you is that it's not what you think it is.

Can`t be god eater thats for sure, the teaser for 3 came with the mobile game, also not the weapons or the style match.
It is something new thats for sure.

Unless you are being a pendantic piece of shit, Bandai Namco STUDIOS makes plenty of games.

Says Miyazaki. Their contracted ended with Dark Souls 3.

>Another person trying to imply SOFTS is a seperate game
Haha no.

Anyways Critical Reception seems to be on their side for yearly releases. The only people who seem to think its getting stale are the Sup Forumsipsters within Sup Forumsipsters on this site. Most people still enjoy these games and their sales numbers are only going up.

New Aesthetic Genres/Gameplay mechanics would spice it up just fine aswell.

Its not like these games are massive open world games brimming with content. Its hard to get your fill on this shit.

And this means they can't publish with them again because?

Lemme fix this

>2009 Demon's Souls
>2011 Dark Souls
>2012 Dark Souls PTDE
>2014 Dark Souls 2
>2015 Bloodborne & Dark Souls 2 Sotfs
>2016 Dark Souls 3
>2017 Dark Souls 3 GOTY

So out of the 8 years the "mainline games" haven't been made/resold in 2010 and 2013.

>totally doesn't need a rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=fETc77XokxE

Did anyone who made this trailer work with Fromsoft? Jfc you people are retarded.

Production companies that make trailers sometimes don't work for the company they're making the trailer for who would have thunk it wow. Makes me think.

>Lizzi Akana

From Google, its this chick. From what I gather, she was an animator in Invader Zim and is kinda batshit crazy.

Its a 2D indie game guys.

Sorry this post was meant for you

I thought the same when I saw all the names and googled two of them.
People will find out for sure on the 20th I guess.

Just stop arguing with them man they think that quality of games made by the same devs can't drop over time when prime example yooka laylee came out this fucking week.

When you are proven wrong I want you to make a charity donation.

It's clearly a FromSoft game so you have nothing to lose right? Let's wager.

Pretty much. Don't forget Bamco is also publishing Little Nightmares, so them picking up another Indie title would not be surprising at all.

>Inflating the number of games with DLC Bundles, and remasters

Because Miyazaki, aka the president, made no such claim that they are working with Bamco at the moment. Iirc, theyre now owned by Kadokawa and is probably working on those three games he keeps saying.

you are right user. i'm just depressed a game that I liked is being beaten to death and everyone is just screaming for more.

Do they need to make a public claim for them to work for them again? You do know after they were owned by Kadokawa they still worked with Bamco on Dark Souls 3 right? There's nothing indicating its unlikely/impossible for them to work with a publisher they've worked with for years. I don't know where you're getting this.

>New From Software game or God Eater?
How fucking dumb are you?
The only people who can advertise a FROM SOFTWARE game are Kadokawa and SIEJA
God Eater looks nothing like this as well you utter dunce
It literally says it's a new IP, holy fuck delete this thread and start again with some brain cells.

You used the save file method to get the other endings. What a poofter.

It looks nothing like god eater.

The formula is okay but I think their personal version of it needs a rest. Stuff like Nioh which is unique can keep coming.

>Implying Kadokawa can't partner with Bandai to ease the development burden
>Implying From Software can't make a new IP

Why do I feel she just designed the character based on something she cosplayed once?

where in the fuck did I ever state what game is better? maybe i'm sick of seeing the games being made and all the rabid faggotry that surrounds this shitty fanbase.

According to Miyazaki, From is working on three games right now.

1. An AC game
2. A 'wierd' game
3. A game from a genre that fans expect

This either falls on 2 or 3.

or it isn't a From game at all.

you're an idiot if think this has anything to do with dark souls or FROM.

FROM didn't hide their name when project beast was annouced, and FROM isn't related to this game in anyway.

It's namco being memelords using a shitty tagline cus HAHAHA DARK SOULS GUUUYS

>It's namco being memelords using a shitty tagline cus HAHAHA DARK SOULS GUUUYS

Now they're much more popular tho and hiding their name would be much more beneficial to build hype/make it a surprise.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter at all

Everyone lost their shit just from seeing "FROM SOFTWARE"
"WORKING TITLE PROJECT BEAST"

if anything not hiding their name would generate even more hype

>and hiding their name would be much more beneficial to build hype/make it a surprise.
No it wouldn't. In fact, the only reason THIS thread was made was a possible fromsoft connection. If the fromsoft connection wasn't there, this thread wouldn't have been made. If the video was "FROMSOFT ARE MAKING... something. find out later." this thread would've been made. It's the exact opposite of what you're saying.

No because this gets people speculating first. Plus they might want it to be surprise. Japanese logic is weird dude never fucking know.

If the video was "FROMSOFT ARE MAKING... something. find out later." this thread would already have 500+ posts.

Nobody in the credits is Japanese though.

Credits of what? A trailer made by an animation studio?

Yes, the trailer wasn't made by a Japanese studio and the "Prepare to Die" logo was specifically made by the American department of Bandai Namco.

Either way, we will find out in 3 days.

Im pretty sure all marketing was done by Bamco America. These are fucks who made a trailer for das3 using true colors of all songs. What the fuck.

By then nobody will have the courage to admit that they thought it was a FromSoft game.

So something completely common then.

But at least hey, I think the girl is cute. Thats tall coming from something designed by an american company.

>The Year of our lord 4/20/2017 (Blaze it Senpai)
>New Game gets announced
>Souls Like with Bloodborne esque gameplay with new vampire mechanics made by fromsoftware
>God eater/From Software deniers BTFO into the shadows
I can't wait

>4/20 comes around
>game is indie trash
>fromcuck anally devastated it's not yet another soulslike

you are right. the best part is idiots that are defending it as one right now will be the same people saying LOL OF COURSE IT NEVER WAS later this week.

Besides, why the fuck would FROM promote a soulslike game with fucking 2D?

Could have been Bamcos idea. I doubt it was Froms idea to promote DS3 with that 80s shit or meme tshirts.

>Souls Like with Bloodborne esque gameplay with new vampire mechanics made by fromsoftware
>God eater/From Software deniers BTFO into the shadows
how anyone denying is a god eater will be btfo if its about vampires or made by from. None of those 2 have anything in common at all with GE

The more I watch it the more I cringe on how hard it is trying to rip off Bloodborne but this time it takes place in the early 20th century.

Not the person you're replying to, but: Kadokawa is huge, possibly bigger than Bamco. There's no reason for From to continue publishing with Bamco when you have a such a huge umbrella. It wouldn't be in Kadokawa's interest for them to continue to publish with Bamco either.

If this -were- a FROM game, you can bet they'd have their name plastered all over the trailer.

The rich only get richer by being greedy jews making deals and being stingy about their money.

FFFUCJ

The likely reason for From not being published under Nintendo would be From made a 3 game contract with Bamco before Miyazaki was president, and he absolutely hated the contract. This is why Dark Souls 3 was pushed out so fast as well, to end the contract.

You will not see another Souls title under Bamco