Is it true that every time you replay Deus Ex you find something new?

Is it true that every time you replay Deus Ex you find something new?

no

Possibly.
Who the fuck replays games tho?

It's possible to see everything in a single run of DX

you can't kill navarre with her killswitch in the same playthrough where you blow her up at the plane before she can kill the guy willing to spill the beans on everything

There are too many good videogames out there to play to replay games. Unless it's an rpg with completely polarizing playstyles and story elements, a multi-player game, or a strategy game it should be one and done. Same goes for books and movies. There's just too much knowledge and experience out there to waste time repeating an experience.

or save paul

AUTTTTTTISMMMMMMM

Or save Jock or get Gunther's killphrase or...

New reasons to dislike it

>replaying games over and over
literally a sign of autism

Not really, most shit can be discovered in a single playthrough. Apart from Paul and postponing some boss fights you can't really change much about the game and to miss the rest of it the first time through you'd have to deliberately avoid exploring.

>Daily reminder to abandon academia and become an autodidact instead.

>Replaying games with vastly different outcomes is autistic

I'm a super autist

>vastly different outcomes
>the endings are literally based on what you do in one mission
yeah, you are

Deus Ex is shit anyway.

You can. You don't neccesarily.

Most replays of DX are pretty by the numbers, doing things the way you remember to do them and not changing anything up, so you usually won't.

If you try stuff you don't remember doing/trying before though, and aren't a nu-millenial babby who never explores or looks for weirdass shit to do, you probably will.

VNs are the most autistic for this reason

It still stands for me, I've replayed it four times and found new stuff on every playthrough.

What did you find though?

Planting a LAM on the far side of the entrance to Lebedev's bedroom on the 747 will instakill Navarre without killing Lebedev or you.
The cutscene starts to play then BOOM. Chunky.

Does that attribute kill to the player?

I believe it does. JC planted the LAM, Alex is watching through the monitors.

I'm pretty sure I did that in one of my playthroughs but I can't remember how it plays out.

Yeah, it's a pretty old and well-known method. Pre-setting explosive ambushes is effective in lots of places, if you know where the ambush is coming from in advance.

The most famous and most ridiculous is Wrath of God from the sunglasses at night walkthrough, but you can use it on simons at ocean lab(if you kill the greasels and karkians in advance), some of the MJ12 ambushes(like the one after meeting with helios at a51), etc.

Alex decides to erase the logs, but "you better have a really good reason".

>sunglasses at night walkthrough
Seems like a fun read, user. Thanks for this.