What is the vidya equivalent of "why didn't they just fly the ring to Mordor?"

What is the vidya equivalent of "why didn't they just fly the ring to Mordor?"

Why the fuck didn't the Reapers just rush the Citadel and shut down the relays? It would have been instant game over.

Why didn't the crow just drop the undead into the first flame?

Why didn't Mario just tell the Piantas he's not blue and made of water?

>eagles can't just fly over morder without getting seen and paralyzed by saurons eye
>eagles could be attacked by everything within mordor
>eagles dont just do whatever you want at any given time

Why didn't Super Mario World just fly into Peach?

How were you supposed to know to jump in the painting?

Because Velka is a dumb bitch.

mario checked the item description of the doll he was carrying

>Eagles could've been seduced by the ring and now we have a near immortal invisible eagle flying around slowly going insane

Why didn't Samus contact the Federation so they could nuke Zebes out from orbit? It's the only way to be sure.

the chosen undead needs to acquire ample strength trough slaying lords and acquiring their souls

you dumb nigger

She wanted to save the animals XDDDD

But you can slay Gwyn at soul level 1 while naked using only your bare hands.

Read The Silmarillion.
Those eagles aren't some punk creature Dumbledore commands.

How do you miss the point of Frodo'ing this hard?

Stop being retarded. The eagles didn't need to fly them to mount doom, they just had to drop them off nearby so it would have cut months off the fucking journey

Except, the didn't and couldn't fly in untill the all watching eye of Sauron was destroyed.

THEY COULDN'T BECAUSE OF THE NAZGUL PROTECTING THE PLACE HOLY SHIT EVERY FUCKING TIME

Yeah, the Eagles are just dumb for plot convenience

B-TEEEEAAAAAMM!!!!

Should have used stealth magic

The same fucking nazgul that the eagles had literally no trouble ripping apart?

Fuck off. I hate Tolkien fanboys. Undertale fags aren't even as annoying

Not like Eagles were taking out Nazgul like they were moths or anything

Crows hate ash because it bloody cod their psychosomatic sinuses during thunderstorms stupid didn't you even finish the third year of your cryptobiology degree?

If you want the age of dark to begin then why even bother going to kill gwyn or any other boss because the age of dark begins if you don't link the fire which will is the same as not doing anything in the first place

You can do that if you want

You're right, instead they're a retarded "G*d works in mysterious ways, better go to church xDDD" garbage

m8 that was the whole point of me1, to disable the reaper command of the citadel relay

Why didn't they just put the Shrine of Winter there instead of off to the side up a pointless hill? I know the final game was a rushed stitched together mess of assets from an earlier build that couldn't run on PS360 so the Shrine likely had a different use and reason for being where it was but it makes NO sense in the final build. Just fucking drag and drop the fucking Shrine over to the collapsed archway. It probably wasn't even collapsed in the original build but they threw some rubble there at the last minute because they were super strapped for time. I remember thinking DaS1 had a rough development but then 2 came out and almost reached Shadow of the Colossus levels of rushed and unfinished content.

They were supposed to fly with the eagles after leaving Moria. Saruman did mad shit so they wouldn't be able to cross over the Misty Mountains.
Too bad none of them understood what Gandalf meant with "fly you fools".

>Fuck off. I hate Tolkien fanboys.
What, because they make you look like an idiot because they've actually invested in the lore and this isn't something you can have an informed opinion on if you've just watched the movies a decade ago but you still feel compelled to mouth off your dumb opinion?

Seriously this.

The entire plot of Mass Effect 3 made no sense and nullified everything about 1 and 2. Why did the Reapers even spend centuries getting Sovereign to try and find the Conduit to get on to the Citadel via the back door. if they could have just jumped in directly within 6 months of sublight travel? Why did they even bother trying to use the Collectors to create a new human reaper? Why didn't they just fly straight to the Citadel, take it over and shut down the relay network?

>I've only seen the movies

every fucking time

Why didn't Doom guy just take the first 3 keys with him the whole way?

Why didn't MJ12 just pump mind control drugs/augs in JC and Paul to make them obedient?
Why was their killswitch slow?

so why you dont get 3 different keys and open all the doors in the world

It's for lore implications, not real life ones, you fucking mong.

He meant "Aquire their souls for strength" as in absorb them, doesn't mean you have to level up with them

A better question is why they put so much money into highly experimental 2 blackop units without telling them anything and just gave them lowest clearance at Unatco. Kind of a waste of billions if you ask me.

Maybe they only worked on a per-area basis.

Perhaps a shortcoming when Bob thought he'd get away with hatching his plan anyway.

God (Eru) made Gollum trip and fall into Mount Doom with the ring.

What more divine intervention do you want?
Do you want some of the greatest of beings to wipe Sam's ass every time he shits during the trip as well?

>gods name is Eru
>literally El
It can't be any more obvious.

If God can trip Gollum, why couldn't he trip Sauron to fall on a spike instead

Because he wanted to see the things he created step up and trip Sauron.

>Dark Souls 2
>Blacksmith
Why didn't he just climb through one of the open windows instead of asking you to find the key? His house is a complete wreck, with gaping holes everywhere.

checkmate eruists

I always just assumed it was to avoid any sort of complications. Maybe if they were in the solar system for more than a few months the species could actually become a threat to them. Idk, that's how I rationalized it

What if the level 1 Chosen Undead took all the souls he absorbed and traded them all for a mountain of dung pies?

We locked them out of that stuff in ME1

Pretty sure it isn't a physical place you can go to in the world of DaS. Especially not flying there.

STOP BREAKING THE LORE

Tolkien wasn't a weeb

sauron and his kind don't die i think. they just float around as ghosts until they find a new body or something. the reason sauron got so fucked over was because he put a substantial amount of his being into the ring. so just tripping onto a spike wouldn't do anything.

Too bad Mac Walters never tried rationalizing it

Eagles are powerful spirits who could get corrupted by the ring much faster than Boromir

I could be wrong, but I always took it that they're semi-dormant and need a "WAKE ME UP INSIDE" signal from billy nomates sovereign, the brillaint fallback plan for "what if a bunch of bugslaves we attached to the citadel be a bunch of bitches" so its not really a matter of travel time more a fuck up wakeup call.

So what, was Harbinger doing the same thing, but just was too busy playing with collector toys to help out his buddy in me1? I don't know, I can only patch so many holes with mental gymnastics. What's more confusing to me is the implication that we could scan planets millions of lightyears away for the andromeda project but couldn't spot the energy signatures of millions of fucking reapers who must have been parked just outside our galaxy to make it so quickly to the heart of it.

I know space is big, but TIM was fucking looking and there's been spacefaring civilizations for over 2000 years, nobody in all that time decided to take a peek at anomalies near the milky way?

>El
Yahweh BTFO, looks like Daddy is back in charge of the Heavens.

Why couldn't they just put it in the basket

Fucking lost my shit at this post

CU needs the souls from the lords to open the magical doors

It would still work, all he has to do is Absorb them, doesn't matter what he does with them.

>thinking you need to touch the ring to be influenced by it

Why couldn't they just put Boromir with a ring in a basket?

>Dung doesn't burn

Why does Dark Souls seem so similar to Lord of the Rings

Why didn't they just use a phoenix down?

Ready for the LoTR redpill?

Gandalf had a plot to use the Eagles all along, which is why he insists the fellowship use the dangerous snowy mountain pass instead of the mines of moria. He didn't tell them because sauron had spies everywhere and he didn't want the plan to get out. Just before he falls in the pit in moria, he tells the fellowship his plan: "Fly you fools"

You're retarded

Why didn't boromir chop off a halfling's hand, let rigor mortis set the hand into flipping the bird and use it to share the load like some kind of weird invisible monkey's paw but one that's constantly flipping Sauron the bird?

What are the wraiths gonna do? stab the hand?

Because it's medieval fantasy

Why don't they just nuke the mordor

Hey, it's a better plan than throwing yourself in the fire.

And everyone you don't know what you're talking about.

>Refuse to enkindle yourself and become a literal shitlord.

perfection

>trying to kindle a bonfire with a toothpick
gee I wonder

Surely the eagles would benefit from Sauron's destruction.

This.
Even if you ignore the Mary Sue-ness and the special plot snowflake-ness of the Citadel, it's still the biggest social, military and political hub for the entire galaxy.

You're in the Milky Way? Just beeline into the Cİtadel and start your invasion from there and everything else falls apart.

God fucking damn it everything about ME3 was fucking stupid as fuck, I'm still mad desu.

Lol, because you dumbshit fanboys don't use logic, and your life means fuck when principles are established in the movies. Such as the birds of douche ripping apart the nasgul. Only fanboys refuse to accept the stories have plot holes, and use dumbass excuses that make less sense than the actual plot holes.

God of War 2
>full control over time
>instead of preventing the events of the game and saving his family to begin with, he uses it to fuck over the gods for literally no reason

GoW3 also has some retarded fucking shit, like how Kratos doesn't just glide to the nearest building at the start of the game, and instead glides to the very bottom of Mt. Olympus and has to slowly trek back up because fuck you, we need padding.

rigor mortis isn't permanent.

damn...

In this type if situation, there would be personal with master keys to the whole installation.

this is a retarded theory. stop spreading it

>HURR DURR THE EAGLES CAN TOTALLY FIGHT A NAZGUL
Yeah maybe but what happens to the fucking hobbit gripping its back?

it'd be liking trying to keep a fire going by throwing a gum wrapper in there

the whole point of the whole "chosen one" bullshit is to make one guy strong enough to be able to sustain the fire for as long or longer than the current guy

if they can kill the current guy, then it follows that they'll do just as good a job or better at holding the fire alive

See, to anyone who actually knows their shit, this is just embarrassing posturing.

Because its not.
It shares a lot of the roots, but not the settings.
Tolkien also focuses more on Norse, while Dark Souls focus more on Edda.

if a level 1 chosen undead manages to ring both bells, beat O&S, the 4 lords and gwyn he is strong enough to kindle the flame, obviously

Your very essence is so utterly suffused with shit that attempting to divorce any shit from your person will still set you alight and you're lucky the entire kiln doesn't just explode when you set foot in it.
It doesn't help that most items in DaS1 are basically abstract expressions of soul or some shit.

>DaS2 timeline
Now all those pots make sense.
Gutter is the old kiln of the first flame.

FUCK

I really wanted ME to be good. Had to rationalize everything somehow

The Edda is Norse?

Farcry 4
Why didn't you just wait for Pagan to come back to the table?
I love games that actually allow you to end the game early with things like this.

Not bad, but you're right, it's a huge fuck up on their part and Andromeda just blows even more holes in any kind of sense

I'm more interested in why they relocated the Citadel to Earth, when the Reapers could've just went to it. Are they really that determined for a Human Reaper?

It's not that they are eagles, user.

Sauron, the Balrog, Gandalf, and many others. They are all primordial spirits given form, and not entirely what they seem to be - those are just the shapes that they have chosen for themselves (with some exception, I believe that Sauron could no longer assume physical/certain forms after each of his defeats).

The eagles we're talking about are not just giant birds. Think of them like angels. They are the servants of a very powerful, benevolent being that had a hand in the world's making, just Sauron's old master, Morgoth, did.

what do you fucking think?
>Poetic Edda is the modern attribution for an unnamed collection of Old Norse anonymous poems, which is different from the Edda, written by Snorri Sturluson. Several versions exist, all consisting primarily of text from the Icelandic mediaeval manuscript known as the Codex Regius.

Why don't they have security cameras at a holiday resort?

Can't be worse than giving a fate of the world to 2 dumbass hobbits without protection