Local Fire Emblem thread incoming

Local Fire Emblem thread incoming.

Any Hype for Echoes?

Also, playing Conquest Hard and wondering if Charlotte is good as a Hero?

I'm gonna wait on Echoes

Also we're running out of dragons in Heroes

IS please do Lilith next.

I didn't like Gaiden all that much so I'm not that hyped for SoV but I still plan on playing it.

Charlotte's main use is to promote immediately to berserker and give someone amazing pair up bonuses. She's a subpar combat unit.

>Hype

Bunch of pirates already finished it

Excited for Echoes, yeah.

Replaying FE7, at 26x Eliwood mode right now. My Eliwood turned out pretty good. Only boosters I used were HP and STR. He's a bit slow, though.

I keep reading people bash on Gaiden but exactly what was the problem with it?

Well he is Eliwood, is 50/50 if he and Lyn get RNG screwed.

What i have read (and played) it's because the map's were apperantly awakening tier.

It's really slow, the maps are kinda dense too.

But I don't hate it.

i could give these cons a pass if the story and characters where good enough.

>nintendo listens to old FE fans
>makes Shadows of Valentia
>game turns out to be shit

lmfao

Its not a bad idea to make her a Hero to get Sol, couple it with her strong hits and big HP stat and she'll have a greater chance of surviving against enemies if you slide her into zerk for the rest of the game

And yet it's still better than Awakening. And the story is better than both Awakening and Fates proving indeed that oldfag games' plots were good and superior.

Gaiden's map are really jank as fuck but it works with how Gaiden operates.
Like, you think an empty map with 3 paladins is fucking dumb and then you realize that none of your guys are at their tier 2 promotion, they have 8 Move and only need one more speed to double because that's how Gaiden works. Lack of a weapon triangle also means you're doing raw damage and no one has an advantage/disadvantage. And then they like to hid in fucking trees and you never land a hit because of how terrain bonuses work in Gaiden.
In terms of story, Gaiden was simple as fuck but it worked somehow. Echoes expands on the world a lot. Didn't stop Celica from being a retard again but at least the characters don't actually stand by and try to knock some sense into her.

>Old FE fans
>Liking Gaiden
Yeah, maybe four or five of them. Gaiden is usually considered the worst game in the series. It was always IS' plan to remake all the games so they're all out in the West.

Fire Emblem 4+5, or 6 remake when?

After the next two mainline games.
Thracia will be a DLC expansion to Genealogy
6 and 7 will be one game with a heavy emphasis on eugenics

Feel 4 and 5 will each be their own standalone. Just wondering what they will add or take away from each one. Guessing paring up will be in 4 (which because of those maps is a godsend). As for 5 it's such a weird mix bag I wonder what can you really do with it.

I might pick Echoes up. I regret not buying the GBA games and Ike's games when they were normal price and I'm too autistic to pirate.

How can they even do 4? They have a bunch of characters from Thracia who canonically should now be joining up with the Liberation Army after Leaf joins up with Celice. There'd be like 100 characters

Why does Alm look like a girl?

she has glass defenses so don't bother

should i preorder the european limited edition?

Is a 5 star Gunter worth having on a team? If so, what skills?

Pretend the thracia guys don't exist

She can normally take one hit, which is more than can be said of every Hoshido girl that isn't Hinoka, or Oboro

what are the latest FE's that are emulatable

i'm sorry but i cba buying handhelds i already have enough shit to waste my hard earned cash on

Never.

If you like the stuff thats included, sure, why not

But if the stuff isn't intresting, don't bother.

Simple as that

Have them in charge of guarding Thracia as a fort/base of operations

FE12/11 for the DS. Citra can kinda run Awakening.

Dumb loliposter!

I heard it got leaked. Has there been any opinions on it yet? Honestly this is probably the most excited I've been for a Fire Emblem game.

>Story is not so great, predictable and boring
>No self-insert so that waifus save the bad story yet again
>Terrible map design
>3DS graphics
>Support convos are almost non-existent and small
>Last chapter is wasted for saving Awakening's plot
>Only two new characters
>One of them is a yandere
>Literally the only two redeeming qualities of the game are the artwork and soundtrack

Yeah, OP. I can't even contain my hype.

Are you kidding me?

>And yet it's still better than Awakening.
>And the story is better than both Awakening and Fates
>Oldfags think this

I'm looking forward to Echoes. I really enjoyed Gaiden. Charlotte isn't really anything special. Shes a great pair up as a berserker for Xander though.

It's true.

I never really thought about it, but Leaf's army sure does have a lot of young girls in it.

>Miranda
>Sara
>Eda
>Tina
>Nanna (maybe)
>Karin
>Lara
>Tanya
That's 8 underage girls, keeping it real Kaga.

Yeah but not all enemies attack one at a time

Echoes actually has worldbuilding so yeah its a better plot

It's pretty much faithful to the original with a bunch of QoL updates that make it way more bearable to play and some new mechanics and an expanded story and world building considering Gaiden was really barebones and simple in that department.
It really does feel more like an RPG with turn based shit thrown in. If you didn't like the original Gaiden then you probably won't like Echoes unless the QoL stuff make it easier to stomach for you.
On the flip side, considering Gaiden never made it over to the west until now it might feel refreshing. If you liked Gaiden then you'll probably like Echoes as well.

How exactly does Alm end up getting the Falchion?

Go hero for Sol, then switch to Berserker.
If she's married to Xander, you can also slap Luna on her for a ghetto Aether.

Oh, I forgot Linoan. That's 9. What does Awakening have? Nowi and Nah.
Get the fuck out of here.

Different Falchion. It's pretty much revealed that the Falchion's are teeth from Naga.
Rudolf got it from Duma and used it to kill/seal Mila. Alm finds it in Duma's Tower.

OP here
Thanks for the answers.
Another question: what to promote Peri into?
Paladin or Great Knight? she's already LV20

>Using Peri
If you absolutely have to, I usually like to do Great Knight for Luna, then switch to Pali because having two weaknesses sucks.

What?
is she bad or something compared to Silas?

I personally don't have good experiences using her, but then again the only Cavalry I take into end game is Xander.

The selling point to me was her personal skill: Bloodthirst that increasess her Strenght/Mag/Skill/Speed by 4 for one turn.

Using that, and the refhresing with Azura just destroyed in her joining chapter

The problem is that she needs that skill to really be relevant, meaning you have to either strap Azura to her ass, or shell out money for the galeforce dlc.

So who's idea was it to buff the tactical nuke loli even more?

She's not really as bad as the first guy is making her out to be, she's easily the most physically frail Cavalier of the options you get but she good speed, attack and resistance that are pretty consistent on level ups. Silas growth rates all round are pretty average and balanced out, so often people will either get a godly Silas or a completely RNG screwed one. I'm guessing your Silas got the latter?

>Just finished FE12 for the first time
>My three best non-Marth units are in Echoes
>Including best pegasus knight

>nintendo listens to old FE fans
Personally I thought old FE fans would prefer a 4 or 5 remake over a Gaiden remake

Just want more cute boys

Yeah, pretty much.
Also was intrested for her dark Mage reclassing but i already have Leo so, basic Cavelier was needed.
Also, her character was amusing, even tough it's kinda odd having a psycopath in my army.

Mages in general aren't great in this game honestly, and Peri's low magic would hold her back I would imagine.
The only reason I can think of for reclassing is to pick up Lifetaker for its synergy with her other abilities.

>people who don't like game don't like remake of game

True that.
Also, the only mages that were useful in my playtime of over 350 hours, were Rhajat and Ophelia.

Nice trips, bad idea. Her magic isn't really winning her any prizes, especially compared to her pretty solid attack. If you want to switch her class up a bit, try making her a Hero through friendship or marriage seals. If she gets Strong Riposte on her especially after activating Bloodthirst, she can become a pretty decent anti enemy phase unit with her beefed up stats. Its gimmicky but it can work.

I'm not sure about that. Odin and Elise wrecked everything for me.

I made her a Great Knight to get Luna, and pair up Corrin and her to get the Hero Class to get Strong Rispote

Odin that wasn't just a worse version of Leo?
And Elise was pretty good too now that i am using Her.
First playtrough went with Maid promotion

Leo sucked for me. Odin's unique skill really helped him out, and it was so easy to just make a bunch of tomes with dumb names.

Just named my Tome the "Critical massacare 2000"
Or something like that the first playtrough

Also, just found out that can't get Strong Rispote from Hero, well, i can still get Luna

Odin can be good, but you have to luck out on rng.
Out of 4 Odins that I have run, only 1 was good.

But yeah Elise is godly if rng doesn't skill screw her
>tfw first Elise had 9 skill by the final chapter.

Elise can be a nuke, but I find her hits are too shaky to be relying on unless. Odin is like Silas, balanced but RNG can a blessing or a bitch. Put them together and you've got a great Ophelia though.
I did that with Samurai Odin, give swords some dumb names and suddenly he's a demon.

It's leaked but not fully translated, only a menu patch if you dig around.

Much of the game is story-driven because the "legacy" gameplay is faithfully recreated from an NES game to the point that it actually hinders the game than helps it.

Did you pick Fighter instead of Mercenary, user?

Nah, but the skill is from a Mercenary, not a Hero, and Peri being promoted already and i saved the game, i can't get it.

Or can i?

Oh, you need to level them up a few times in order to gain the skills. Since you're already past the expected levels, just two levels will get you both mercenary skills.

Nice!
Kinda worried there for a second because i know from experience that Conquest endgame doesn't fuck around

to be fair the story in gaiden compared to echoes practically doesnt even fucking exist