How genetic is skill at videogames?

How genetic is skill at videogames?

I suspect it is very highly. Probably 80% or more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wotZMGkR_0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>skill
>games have save points and auto saves galore
>skill

I don't think it can be quantified. Practice does greatly help. I'd say there is a limit you can reach through practice based on inherent skill and age that is different for each person.

I'm talking stuff like fighting games, shoot em ups, and FPS- not linear AAAshit

Reaction time is highly genetic. You can still be better than 99% of the shitters with average genes and some practice. Just won't open the way to e-sports career.

is 190ms gud enough to be legit gud

t. 190

>fighting games,
80% muscle memory 20% matchup knowledge
>shoot em ups
100% memorization
>and FPS
10% meta knowledge 90% map layout memorization

>>shoot em ups
>100% memorization

Sorry, you could not be more wrong.

try to memorize this:

youtube.com/watch?v=wotZMGkR_0M

pretty high. you see this a lot in fighting games. some people can just do things better than others. things come naturally to some people, while others have to learn from said people and study a lot harder

You need to have your ass kicked user

Wrong bitch. Look at all the timed safe zones.

Fuck, beat me to it

They aren't safe zones. He's simply reacting to it. In high level shoot em up play you don't move a lot, only twitch when you have to. Don't mistake that for it being a safe zone.

Only one way to find out right?

I'm both the OP and the one who posted the video. I don't understand what you were saying. Did you mean to link to the guy that said shoot em ups are all memorization?

reaction time doesn't matter.
I'm literally several times worse than all my friends and have the same reaction time. It's your coordination that matters more.

t. 207

that's also genetic, nerd.

No shit sherlock. Reaction time matters when you're not playing against shitters. At higher skill levels reaction time becomes a limiting factor.

How about you just git fucking gud?

I already am good though. I seem to have a natural aptitude.

90% of Sup Forums are trash tier, barely above average.