AC Rogue is the only one worth playing

AC Rogue is the only one worth playing

prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw
youtube.com/watch?v=ccJIOyXKO90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the best game in the series but I'd say Assassin's creed 2 is worth playing too.

Brotherhood was pretty good. Though I'm just fondly remembering throwing claymores at people and cheesing through the whole game with the crossbow. Fuck, I might reinstall.

Shay is honestly the hottest AC MC

and his outfit has got to be one of the most bitchin; in all of video games

2, Brotherhood, Rogue, and 4 are all good

1 was fun when it came out but dull in hindsight

And the rest are trash.

1 might be repetitive, but it's a really interesting setting for a game, especially for the time. I've played 1-3 and I can safely say that 1 and 2 are the only games worth playing in this franchise. They also shot themselves in the foot with the whole fucking ayy lmao bullshit.

I was playing 3 a while ago and I got to the part where you get the ship and it's all felt like a slog up to then and even after. Does it ever get better or should I just skip it?

What about the Pirate Simulator one?

Rogue is a meme game.

prove me wrong

I wouldn't have guessed so many people liked Rogue

And I mean I did, but this being Sup Forums and everything I thought there'd be hate

It wasa bit too short though, when the final mission rolled in I did a double take, I was sure I had one third left still

This place used to love the shit out of Black Flag but now they hate it and Rogue is now the favourite.

Even though Rogue sucks ass in just about everything. It's a shitty Black Flag version in my cute eyes.

Good luck!

It doesn't get better. It's the worst of the series. If you don't care about the story of the game or the plot of the franchise, there's no reason to go on longer. Take a bit of a break and start with Black Flag.

About a month ago I went through playing back to back to back to back.... etc.. AC games.
Assassin's Creed.
Assassin's Creed II.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
Assassin's Creed Revelations.
Assassin's Creed III.
Assassin's Creed Liberation.
Assassin's Creed IV Back Flag.
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry.
Assassin's Creed Rogue.
Assassin's Creed Unity.
and Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

They're all good.

Damn nigga AC1 was such a gem. AC1 and AC2 are both the GOAT. Though I still liked Brotherhood and Black Flag.

Anything else is really mediocre or just shit.

I was kinda sorta interested in the plot, mostly just because I'd stuck with it so long. I heard it's some asspull and you literally just kill yourself and nothing is resolved, is that about right?

I've heard it's good, but after playing 3 I don't have the patience for this series anymore.

Why does 4 have so many god damned tailing missions it's ridiculous.

>20% story
>80% collectibles
>good at all

I mean if you kinda wanna spoiler yourself Yes, it's a pretty damn anti-climatic ending to just about EVERYTHING leading up to it. Opens up opportunites for shit in the future games but they haven't done jackshit so far, plot's essentially going nowhere and they've written themselves into a corner.

I thought so too user, trust me Black Flag worked wonders for me and everyone else who suffered 3. Give yourself a nice break and at some point if you get that itch just try it out. It's a good game.

Maybe if I watch a pirate movie and get a hankering for that sort of thing.

Holy shit nigger are you fucking insane? I mean I've been following this series since its inception pretty much but even I have my limits.

How did you do it? Playing AC games back to back is the dullest experience I can imagine. This is the kind of series where you play each game once in 1 year for me, even though I'm a fan of the franchise. What you did is a nightmare to me.

AC1 is dog shit
only thing that kept me somewhat going was trying to figure out the rest of the ac story.

I recently went thru 1-3 and currently on 4

ac1 gameplay wise is really repetitive as hell and really not that fun

even when it was released back in it's day
i had to force myself thru it to finish it

2 was a step up and actually enjoyable brotherhood and the next one with ezio where more of the same of 2 but not so much of the stuff that made 2 a step up from 1

3 wasn't that perfect but i rather play it than play AC1 repetitive as hell mission

4 feels like you combine the ocean sailing of windwaker but with ac and it has a bit of the feel of ac 2 in it and mechanics as well just in the carribeans.

I make my own luck m8to

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Are you NEET, user?

Did you also collect everything, user?

Black Flag is the only one worth playing
youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw

Shay's outfit is the most pimpin shit in any of the games.

2 was alright the first time around but it has 0 replay value.
>It takes too long to get from one place to another.
>Takes way too long for the story to pick up
>Cliffhanger right when the story really gets interesting
>Forli is useless

Brotherhood is where it's at.

I liked Unity because you actually felt like an assassin unlike 3 and 4

which one is better, rogue or ac4?

AC4 is for the thinking man
Rogue is a shitty copy with retarded story and character motivations, forgettable music most of the time and is too short
also it has so many fucking collectibles

The Assasin's Creed formula is trash. It doesn't matter how you repaint the formula, dress it up, move little bits around, it fucking sucks. The gameplay sucks, to compensate for the shallow shit that passes for "gameplay" they pad it out and waste your time with a story and characters NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT, forced walking, listening to people talk, """"""climbing"""""", and following people as they walk. All of these games are trash.

It's alright, I'll just be there enjoying the sailing while you do those great tailing missions

both the stories are bad actually.

>it's a history game!
>no it's actually a scifi game about going into your ancestors memories
>no it's actually a game about how desmond is the chosen one because some ancient aliens had a dice roll
>now it's a game where you're an employee making a movie
>nope it's a game in a game now and the ancient alien hacks YOU!

Yikes what a mistake this series was!

fuck off, recently tried replaying AC1 because it gets jerked off like this and it's garbage
last time i played it was when it came out, i don't remember it being so awful
it's the most repetitive shit ever, which is saying a lot for an asscreed game

I serious don't get this meme, is tailing missions too hard for you people or something?

I'm only a little bit into Rogue. I haven't gotten to the part where the MC changes sides, I think I just got to the map with the many islands and windy rivers?

When does it get better than 4? Because it feels like the gameplay is weaker than 4's and the setting is WAY worse. The "pirate combat" doesn't really work if the MC isn't....well, a pirate.

there are so many plot lines going on and it's drawn out so long in so many games i've lost track.

i remember desmond had to die to stop an apocalypse because the aliens. past that i remember nothing except some IT guy was actually an alien or something

Black flag is the epitome of wasted potential. They clearly weren't finished when it was forced out the door.

Just imagine if you actually got to know members of your crew. Imagine if they put more effort into ship battles and they weren't just all the same boring fight over and over and you didn't already get all the interesting bits from 3. Imagine if you could actually explore islands and they weren't just there to add more boxes to the tism checklist.

The game is basically an early access game that never got any updates.

You're wrong

This. Out of all the big franchises the success of AC is the most baffling to me

no lol

>Black flag is the epitome of wasted potential
>not AC3 or Unity
nah man. nah.

I think the time skip is too nonchalant, while playing the game only like the last few parts did I realise that more than a few years have passed, honestly the ending scene could've been such an emotional moment if it were just explored a little bit more in depth

except for 3, i thoroughly enjoyed the series from 1 up to and including rogue. unity was very pretty and had some decent improvements but couldn't save the rest of the game.

Daily reminder that the real GOTY will be announced in about a month.

I just want a modern ass creed with a spec ops guy running around wielding dual silenced pistols and grappling around buildings

SO, what is the appeal of Assassins Creed series?

I ever only played a bit of the first one and when i planned to get the second i heard it was going to be an yearly series just like COD and that turned me off.

Thank god that doesn't happen
The whole draw of the franchise is to explore mankinds history, leave that modern garbage to other games

Name one other franchise that lets the player go into the past like Ass Creed does.
Insane production values, historical tourism and a formula that every casual can get behind. Hitman for the casuals set in interesting time periods of our history.

You may criticize it all you want, but you can't deny that the concept is fucking cool.

I just want Rome or feudal Japan.

The guy who leaked Empire said that the team is actually discussing about an ancient trilogy. Ancient Egypt, then Greece and then Rome. There is hope for it.

You can definitely forget Feudal Japan though. People thought that Ubisoft would use that setting as a joker if it ever gets into huge trouble. It did, but we are getting Ancient Egypt instead of it. Ubisoft really doesn't wanna do it.

rome was already done

An ancient trilogy would be cool.

I'm still holding out hope they'll adapt the Daniel Cross/ Nikolai Orelov story someday.

youtube.com/watch?v=ccJIOyXKO90
>you will never ride around with your horse in the roman countryside for the first time ever again
>you will never climb the Colosseum for the first time ever again

Fucking love this soundtrack.

Jesper Kyd is a genius. The soundtracks of the later games just can't compare. I wish Ubisoft brought him back, the guy even said that he'd be happy to return. I don't know why Ubisoft just doesn't use him again.

>feudal Japan.
The Sengoku Period fan in me wants this badly but another part of me thinks that would be terrible. If they ever did it you'd have to play as Hanzo, or at the very least a Ninja of the Iga clan because what else are they gonna use?

I'd like to see a game set during the Three Kingdom period of China. sure its overused due to Dynasty Warriors but lets face it, its probably the only Era from China's History the average person might know about.

I cannot name one song from Unity or Syndicate, they're so empty.

3 and 4 were pretty good, but Kyd's soundtracks are god-tier, the main theme for Revelations is almost tear-jerking.

How is the Ezio Collection on PS4?

Unity is the best one, but only after being patched to hell and back.
>An actual evolution of the stealth mechanics and combat system
>free running is the most fluid it's ever looked
>weapons available are are varied while still being fun
>actual semblance of difficulty
>co-op was fun
>customization was cool, and wasn't even grindy
>genuinely good looking game

But a flat story and a character more bland than Connor.

Black Flag is the better game. Rogue is just a boring version of it.

It doesn't get better than Black Flag. The appeal of Rogue, or at least what makes it interesting is that the player gets to view the story from the Templar perspective for once, to get the idea that not everything is black and white. I still find Shay defecting to the Templars to be unnatural.

As for game play, it's nothing new, after spending hours in Black Flag it's just very bland. The Assassins constantly on your ass everywhere out of nowhere isn't that fun to me, just annoying.

>Unity added unique assassinations for targets that you have to figure out yourself
>Unity discourages direct combat

>Syndicate railroads the assassinations
>Syndicate encourages direct combat

fucking ubisoft

That's because the writers did a pretty bad fucking job, Assassins are deliberately portraed as the biggest retards and Templars are the good uncles. Complete failure right there.

>wasn't even grindy
It definitely is. It forces you to replay certain co-op missions and heists countless times to get items you want and money you need to unlock more customization.

Fuck you, they'll do it eventually.

Anyway, the Assassin's Creed franchise is dead.

Rogue is definitely my favorite, even though it's short. Ezio's trilogy was great though Revelations wasn't as good as the other 2. Syndicate was alright. 3 and Unity are shit just like their MCs. Black Flag was great. AC1 was dull, but at least they give more depth to Altair in later games. Liberation, I couldn't finish due to it being on a Vita at the time and being directly tied to 3 which turned me off more.

I'd definitely go insane if I played them back to back.

Ass Creed 2 and Black Flag are both pretty acceptable, if not the masterpieces they are made out to be by casuals.

10 years later with interest and sales at an all time low and there's still nothing.

Let go, user.

>Syndicate was alright
>Unity was shit

They are trying to revive it with Empire, if it fails it's definitely dead. There's still hope.

NO, YOU WILL NOT CRUSH MY DREAMS

Syndicate was awful, I agree, but Unity is still pretty bad as well. It's so damn boring.

What are the chances that the next AC game is good considering it's been a little while since the last main installment?

Do they change anything significant?

EMBRACE THE FUCKING PYRAMIDS user

AC2 is kind of overrated by a lot of people. It introduced some really good innovations that AC1 did not have, and after AC2, the following games sort of used those improvements as a template, and built on it. You can say it set the standard in some ways but I don't think it deserves to be hailed as the greatest AC ever like some people make it out to be.

Remember when you were hyped about how it was going to be a trilogy and speculating about the clues at the end of AC1?
>one of them is gonna be set in Mayan times for sure!

The only bad things about Unity were the under-utilization of the setting and the shit tier story. Mechanically, it's the best game in the entire series.

Every now and then you see someone who genuinely prefers the combat, but it's mostly a bunch of shitters riding Ezio's dick.

Basically assassin husbandu-ing is what gets AC2 by.

It's a soft reboot by the Black Flag team set in ancient egypt.
They got people in there that know how to make a fun game and a setting that isn't 18/19th century Europe for once. They are changing up things big time.

If it still doesn't end up being good with all these ingredients then I don't know. 4 years development time with Ubisoft's manpower should be plenty.

I always loved 2, but I'd say Brotherhood is the best game.

oh yeah and I remember how hyped I was when I saw fucking blood on the ground depicting asian architecture

fucking hell Ubisoft

Hahahaha yes
I'm pretty sure there were still people hoping we were gonna get an ancient Japan one all the way through to AC4

They better let us use a lot of Artifacts of Eden.

You know what I want? I want them to do the obvious thing. I loved the Assassin Tombs in AC2 and Brotherhood.

If they don't give us Pharaoh tombs and make it like the ones in AC2/Brotherhood they deserve to fail.

I liked that George Washington DLC for AC3, stealth games are fun if they just give you straight up magic powers

It was pretty impressive with the new graphics, larger npc count, and co-op system. They should have tried to improve to co-op instead of abandoning it completely by Syndicate. There were many flaws, yes, but that is wasted potential to just ignore it.

Man, forgot about the tombs, they were amazing.

I wanted to like it, but for some reason Albany was way up north near Canada accessed through the St Lawrence river and not the Hudson

If it's by the guys who worked on Blag Flag, then I guess there is a little bit to hope for.

You're right. The good mechanics don't make it fun though because... well, the game ultimately just feels like an Ubisoft game. A map that leaves nothing to the imagination and endless fetch quests if you don't want to blaze through the main story and nothing else.

It's a shame. I really wanted to like Unity.

Why? I don't know shit about Ubisoft studios (didn't even know they had different teams make different ACs) but it's not like Black Flag was amazing because the devs did such a great job. They just had a good idea (do a lot of ship shit) and it was great fun because it was novel. You could already start to see the idea collapsing by the time Rogue rolled around, where it was just the exact same shit again
And that's not to mention the absolutely horrible Assassin parts about hiding in bushes that got backloaded into the end of the main story

>A map that leaves nothing to the imagination and endless fetch quests
You really need to start learning to ignore open worlds if you wanna stay sane with the state of the industry, you'd be surprised how many games become tolerable if you just refuse to find all the pointless collectibles. I think my completionism was cured all the way back in AC2 with those fucking chests spread everywhere that had tiny amounts of money in them
That said, you also need to learn when to abandon a series because it's never gonna get better or meaningfully different, especially if it's made by Ubisoft

I have an academic interest in video games, so I end up playing shitty games just to see what is going on.

That said, I no longer purchase CoD games, and I'm pretty sure Unity is going to be my last Ass Creed. The only reason I got it is because there was a Humble Bundle of Ass Creed, and I wanted 1 and 2 on PC since I enjoyed them on console and figured " Fuck it, 15 bucks to see what Unity is about. "