I'd like Dark Souls if it didn't force you to grind all the time

I'd like Dark Souls if it didn't force you to grind all the time.

I'm sorry is this the worst bait I've ever taken?

I think this is the worst bait I've ever taken.

>grinding in a souls game
Nu-Sup Forums is real.

I'd like Bloodborne if it wasn't one of the easiest games in the history of gaming franchises. Seriously each area following the "chosen hunter" and his excessively buffed weapons from assorted game locations as he fights brainless enemies has been less engaging than the last. Aside from the handholding, the game's only consistency is providing you with absolutely retarded, unchallenging mobs and allowing you to run through all of them without any combative motivation thoughout the entire game. All to make the difficult feel easy, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when From Software voted to make the game a PS4 exclusive; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for the souls series. Bloodborne might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the normalfag game in its refusal of challenge, skill and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the Dark Souls games were good though
"No!"
The enemies were easy; the bosses were unfairly hard. As I played, I noticed that every time a enemy went for an attack, he spent an unrealistic amount of time telegraphing an attack.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every second the enemy stretched his arm back. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope a several dozen times. I was incredulous. Miyazaki's mind is so governed by outdated game design philosophies that he has no other style of challenge. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Dark Souls by the same Kevin-V from Gamespot. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Bloodborne at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Bloodborne" you are, in fact, trained to play Skyrim.

Is this an ebin new meme?

This is actually a valid point, but you need to understand that Dark Souls is first and foremost an RPG, so grinding comes with the territory. I was mostly irritated by how much grinding you need to do in order to stand a chance against Artorias and Manus.

Git gud

I grinded for humanity once but not to level up

Git a life

You don't use humanity to level up faggot.

I swear dark souls threads are just a cover to post this meme repeatedly.

Nigger I'm not reading all that shit

You might not, but some do. Not everyone chooses the same playstyle.

>This is actually a valid point

But it isn't

>I was mostly irritated by how much grinding you need to do in order to stand a chance against Artorias and Manus

What level were you when you fought them?

Noone uses humanity to level up.

This is not a case of different playstyles, humanity is literally NOT USED to level up. Raising your Soft Humanity cap would increase your defences but this is not the same as spending souls to level up your character.

>What level were you when you fought them?
I was lvl 100 when I faced Artorias, but I kept dying, so grinded until I was around 120. I just killed the giants in Anor Londo over and over. But like I said, this kind of stuff comes with the territory in RPGs.

Damn. It's only "grinding" because you suck dick.

>Can't beat artorias at sl100
Did you level resistance or what?

I might just be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure that humanity was used to level in some games? Either way you could have said that in a less autistic way.

>start playing
>go to Undead Burg and find bonfire
>kill a few undead soldiers
>"oh I have enough souls to level up, better go back so I don't lose them"
>repeat 10 times
That was the only time I ever did it and that was just because I didn't quite understand the game yet

>sl 100

Damn son, I do it all the time on sl 30-40, but that's because I know his pattern to a heartbeat.

Have you tried using a greatshield? That'd be your best option if you can't dodge him.

The fact that the game doesn't teach you with level design just shows that it was badly made

Great shield + maxed out pyromancy flame + dusk crown and using just combustions and great combustion and you'll be able to get him easily.

Dark Souls is not an RPG

The upgrade material farming is pretty awful. Something they've never fixed across the series and a painful reminder that you're playing a Japanese game.

It could be worse

>changing Mount and Blade to Skyrim
Al least use a good game

>realistic balanced gameplay of ds1
lol you either a poise monster and nothing can stagger you or you're a twink that gets stunlocked by a dagger. magic can 2 shot a boss and wrath of the gods is so unbalanced it's retarded (but i love using it) i really don't see artificial difficulty in ds3 and would like examples. ds2 had infinite more because they would send 10 enemies at you at a time and for some reason that was considered hard but it was bullshit.

pretty weak bait

Dark Souls involves far more roleplaying than most "real" RPGs.

It's like 5 different people posting it. Look at the jpeg to identify who's doing it.

I agree, this shit only took me 7 days to platinum. People need to grow up and realize what an actually difficult game is.

>look at the pixels