Why are most of the Kirby games reserved for handhelds?

Why are most of the Kirby games reserved for handhelds?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9n8su-ptBGo
youtube.com/watch?v=j1RUH0zf_z8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not sure but that robot one for the 3ds is super fun

Because Kirby started on handhelds and honestly work really well since they're fairly easy and you can run through a few levels pretty quickly

budget. And the fact that Kirby is a kids game and only kids own handhelds

Perhaps you should think before outing yourself as a degenerate.

(You)

because nobody would pay full price for a console kiby game that could be beated in 10 minutes

Top 5 worst Kirby games
5. Kirby Squeak Squad
4. Kirby Mass Attack
3. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
2. Kirby Fighters Deluxe
1. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe

>look for pictures of kirby to start my thread
>image was rehosted on some mlp board
>get triggered
So how has your day been, Lee?

All of the best Kirby games have been made for home consoles. Adventure, Super Star, 64, Air Ride, and Return to Dream Land are in fact still the best Kirby games.

Youre missing robobot
Also
Superstar Ultra > Superstar

Because Kirby is casual shit.

There. I said it. It's the hard truth no one likes to admit, but that's why he gets to continue his franchise despite not being in the upper echelon of Nintendo franchises like Mario, Pokemon, FE, and Zelda.

>tfw i simply cannot player other kirby games that are not Kirby Superstar

Is lee dead?

no one knows

Because they want him to succede and nintendo consoles suck.

I mean, we can hope.

Kirby is FE tier, IS and HAL get to make as many games as they want provided they don't waste Nintendo's time or money, and since they co-own their franchise that's all they do

So while Nintendo themselves wasted half a decade in one Zelda game, IS and HAL pumped out a bunch of games with decent budgets and sales

ok I'll bite
what does kirbster have to do with barneyfag

I hope so.
He's either dead or balls deep in a dog

Does the artstyle not look familiar to you whatsoever

I envy you

OP image is another one of those barneyfag baits that literally only barneyfag would recognize as being remotely relevant to mlp

I liked squeak squad, the squad itself was pretty cool

Robobot is good but not as good as any of those other games that were listed, if you played Super Star and RtDL you already got the best aspects of Robobot before.
Super Star Ultra isn't as good as Super Star because the physics are more sluggish, no on-couch co-op, and the new content is just samey fluff that recolors or tweaks old content. Meta Knightmare Ultra is a point against the game, what a fucking slog, only the final boss was decent and it's not worth it.

What artstyle? I fail to see any connection to the show
I'm genuinely interested to know why he thinks this is mlp related

What are your opinions on Amazing Mirror?

It was the fucking shit and I want another Metroidvania Kirby.

I like the squad too.

its part of some greater mlp fanart, last I remember it was some kind of fake leak that Kirby was going to be on the show, or some animation test done by the show's artists, point is, barneyfag bait

its easy, either the image was made like those mlp fanarts, or a brony made it

dont even bother to reply to barneyfag

good shit

It was okay, I want a better non-linear multiplayer adventure Kirby, but preferably with Gooey and a couple of new characters instead of just boring Kirby recolors.

>ponyfags make a fake leak about kirby mlp crossover
>post flash assets "proving" so
>op is one such asset
>no one would know this if barneyfag didn't ruin every kirby thread for weeks a couple months ago

Given that it's been getting a lot of love, I wouldn't be surprised if it came back. Unless Team Clash Deluxe is their way of it being a sequel to Amazing Mirror, which I hope not

Is that you Kumazaki?

There's a reason he's pretty much the worst guy ever.

This was literally early last year, and it was another guy who tried imitating him saying it was made by DHX Vancouver, when it actually wasn't.

Unpopular opinion but found the Amazing Mirror to be one of the "lesser-good" Kirby games.
Annoying enemy placement and uninteresting level-design. I did enjoy my time with it and I see a lot of potential in a metroidvannia KIrby game where you work together separately to beat the game. Hopefully the next Kirby game is similar to Amazing Mirror, I don't think an Air-Ride game well on a 3DS despite having really simple controls. I prefer playing on the big screen than on a 240p screen.

>Unless Team Clash Deluxe is their way of it being a sequel to Amazing Mirror
how? as in free to play? or the rpg setting?

I liked how they brought in Bandana Dee, Meta Knight, and King Dedede for RtDL, I hope they do either that, Helpers, or Kirby's animal friends

It's pretty late where he lives.

A bunch more references and even this guy finally making his appearance. Even in Triple Deluxe they've shown the mirror world

Unless you don't want spoilers for the final boss, don't click that youtube link

youtube.com/watch?v=9n8su-ptBGo

Sweet, looks like we can actually have a Kirby thread.

POST BEST COPY ABILITY RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

Easily best

BITCH YOU GUESSED IT

Wing

Archer

archer

I'm sick of King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Waddle Dee to be honest. Most of the playable characters in Super Star were new, Gooey is new, least they could do is bring back Gooey, and make at least 2 new characters that can eat enemies to copy powers. Maybe even use Rick going solo, he could eat and copy abilities, then they're tasked with making ONE character. Would that be so hard?
I would like 4-layer helpers to, like Kirby GCN was gonna do, but that would work much better on consoles than handhels.

Gooey was new for the Dark Matter trilogy I meant.

Nice one, Tweedledee and Tweedledick.

Parasol, Clean, and Cutter.
Fighter, Suplex, and Bomb are nice too.

>even this guy finally making his appearance
is the last boss fucking dark mind?

Because Zelda took over the consoles.

>I would like 4-layer helpers to, like Kirby GCN was gonna do

I fucking love RtD but I'm still so sad that Kirby GameCube was not to be. I'm not exactly sure what that elephant thing is supposed to be, ability-wise.

As much as I'm glad I don't have to buy a switch yet I'm kind of disappointed the new game is on 3DS, unless its something we haven't guessed I can't see any of the possibilities not being better suited or at least improved form being in HD. Air Ride I'd want on a bigger screen, a Kirby fighter I'd want on a big screen so we can have HD models of all the characters, and while they could always re-use the current engine for an Amazing Mirror 2 on 3DS I'd rather they just stop that and make an HD platformer.
I feel chances are it might just be non of these and something out of left field and relatively original, or at least a new engine or art style, its has to be the Mass Attack/Rainbow Curse side of HAL doing this one since the mainline guys just got done with Robobot and its Deluxe mini-games. I'd settle for an originally styled AM2 though.

Also what are the chances this shit from HAL's website update a while back is the new game?

>not being a casual
I've gotten laid, I really don't find being called a casual an insult

What gender is kirby?
more importantly can I fuck it?

Hammer.

My nigga.

The one and only, Mirror is a close second

Why would you want to fuck a pink blob?

no one knows.

of course you can fuck it

As per the 20th anniversary encyclopedia, its officially "unkown"
I'd rather you not even try, for your own safety that is

Someone post kirby feet

It's fire, that's Heat Phan Phan.
They were making new characters for some old powers to shake things up.
Wing was going to be the feathered dragon, Tornado was going to be the little fairy, Stone was going to be the golem, Bomb was going to be the little clown on the ball. I feel like haven't even seen half of what was finished of what Kirby GCN had done either, who knows what else there was going to be?

My jet-fueled niggas.

Pretty sure its fire and appears in Air Ride
Just think, that guy could've been the face of fire for the new generation of Kirby, and everyone would complain about muh Burning Leo like they do about Biospark nowadays.
I mean, burning leo is still missing in action, but hotheads get seniority so no one questions it.

Man, thinking about it, that feathered dragon probably got remade into Landia like how the villain from that game became Magolor.

What could have been...

Back Drop (or any wrasslin related ones) for manliest power

Click the youtube link and you'll see

1. Mirror
2. Plasma
3. Hammer (or Smash, if present)

Actually, nevermind. It seems to more closely resemble Flappy from Air Ride. I think it's just a different palette of it, in fact.

I wish the enemies that were introduced in Super Star used the enemy palettes, not the helper palettes. Helpers were the friendly characters so they looked nicer, enemies had more harsh palettes. Same goes for Wheelie too. They kind of fucked up that lore recently.
Burning Leo was my favorite helper, but I'm fine with replacing him. I'll take as much new as I can get, as long as when they do return they don't fuck up on the details as mentioned above. I liked Capsule J as well but I didn't mind Capsule J-2.

youtube.com/watch?v=j1RUH0zf_z8
Is it just me or is this the best version of this theme, and one of the best songs in the game?

poison > water

What if they made a minigame where you play as a mini boss and you have to defeat kirby before he defeats you?

Well it could always be about what's most iconic or appealing, pretty sure Super Star had a few enemy palettes, the helper ones where the most consistent and well defined ones, probably even what would be considered the original. Without helpers around there's no need to mix up palettes, and are they going to make Sir Kibble a weird silvery pink or the now iconic and well established gold shine?
Wheelie was only different due to Wheelie rider functionality with the helped, without helpers there's no need for a distinction, and HAL decided rider was the more interesting/iconic design, even when making a basic wheelie would've been less effort, but you're free to disagree with such a design choice. Keep in mind Air Ride had the enemies as lone riders first.

>what if they made a game that you literally cannot beat

Not with that attitude

It's just so damn fun.

But can Poison ability let you surf throughout the level? Checkmate, atheists.

Gonna be posting cute Kirby comics and wallpapers right now

>wallpapers
you have my attention

Because Kirby doesn't need better graphics.

I know the logic behind the excuse, but it doesn't make it less weak. Super Star is full of neat little details that haven't been picked up on. If they want to bring back the helpers, like they should have for Kirby Fighters, just do it. If they want to bring back the enemies, just do it right, there are a few colors to choose from.
I'm not talking about Sir Kibble or Waddle Dee or anyone like that, just the characters introduced in Super Star. That's one of the flaws I see in Super Star, new helpers should have had original and appealing colors while the old enemies kept their colors from Adventure and that. Like Kibble could have been brass, or something. What's kind of funny about Dee and Dee though,the most iconic enemies, is that's the only one that stuck. Helpers stayed red, as they ALL used to be, while enemies stayed orange.
The Wheelie helper had a seat because you can ride him. If you can't ride him he shouldn't have a seat. I know it looks nicer, it's because you want to a character that looks nice and generic enemies to eat. I don't really care that Air Ride did it first, it was lazy then and it's lazy now, especially considering how easy it is to make a classic seat-less Wheelie model.
Super Star had some flaws but considering the detail, it probably built up the most interesting world that Kirby lives in, ripping away layers of detail from that instead of adding more isn't the way to go.

Because handheld is the best way to play single-player games. PC at home for online multiplayer, handheld for singleplayer on the go. This the one and only way to play vidya since GBA.

>Beat Pyribbit in 50 seconds or less

Here's one

Don't look directly at him.

One day.

This and/or a Waddle Dee adventure game

Let's not forget the newest dedede's
clones and clones 2.0
64 (Kirby fighters deluxe)
dark
dark d-mind
puppet
giant (blow out blast trailer)

>Waddle Dee lands on a hostile alien world

hey anybody racist in this thread?

Why UFO's new hat so damn cute?

>he gets all he powers of every other waddle dee variant.
that'd be cool actually, it'd be cool if he went to save the king.

I just want a Kirby 64 sequel. Not even a direct sequel, just another game that has the dual-ability system, and bonus points if it has a soft and comfy atmosphere. Seriously, the combo abilities were so fun and creative, I'm surprised they haven't been used again as a prominent mechanic.
What are some combo abilities you would want to see in a hypothetical 64 sequel?

...proberbly? why are you asking?