Over 20 years ago and we're still the same

Over 20 years ago and we're still the same.

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.video/IKQkExqofSA
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=brUFB5z1i7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Keep posting, I want to save some more. I'll post the few that I have.

woah is that the original green text

Here's David Bowie shitposting 16 years ago. Interviews confirmed he used the name 'Sailor' on his boards.

The good old days never existed

I think I read something about that not being him. Iike the L in Sailor is actually an i or something, even if Bowie used the name Sailor on his forum. Who knows though, it could be true and I think most people would prefer to believe it is him.

I'm going to keep posting Bowie.

yeah they didn't have colored monitors back then

>you will never be insulted by David Bowie

People were like this back in '89? Holy shit.

Must have been quite something to be on the internet THAT early
A cyber-pioneer

That's all I have. I actually went and found this one myself but Google's archives of this shit is hard to navigate for me.

groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.video/IKQkExqofSA

>People were like this back in '89?
people have been shitposting for thousands of years

>Super Mario Run

But there already were mario games on other systems.

I'm arguing with a post from 2 decades ago

>Pretendo 69
Kek

>as you see the word "loading" constantly on the screen
>as opposed to "$90" on a cartridge

Shots fucking fired

Using carats as shorthand quotes goes as far back as Usenet and BBSes.

>prentdo bitch
KEK

>I'd much rather have a "now loading" message and a game with over an hour of dialogue and 1/2 hour of animation than a fast game with no speech and no animation

Now I understand why all ps4 games are movies. It's what sonybros have always wanted since day one.

Well one of the selling points of the PS1 was that the games had tons of prerendered cutscenes so pretty much.

>28 years later and this post is still correct
The post that stood the test of time.

>Pompeii
Yeah and look how thise shitposters ended up?

Are you implying there is a god, and he killed them for their skitposting akin to the flood with Noah? In that case what the fuck is he doing nowadays

Wow, this is taking me back. I still can't believe I used to be a SEGA fanboy. SEGA bowing out of the home console race was the best thing for me as I started following the games to other systems.

>Playshitstation

First time I hear this one kek

20 years from now somebody will make a thread on a future Sup Forums like site and post screencaps from us to show shitposting never changes

>implying Sup Forums won't still be the epicenter of shitposting on the internet in 20 years

famous

>dweenies

>Nintenbros have always been the same.

>.02 cents
So 2% of a cent?

Shitposting is an ancient art, perfected over centuries

>getting "you're" tier baited by a 25 year old post

Had no idea bowie was savage af

Was under the impression he was a recluse

When was that written?

Bottom right.

I don't think he was really a recluse. He stopped touring in the late 90s (or early 00s, can't remember) because he had a heart attack when performing once so that cut down on some of his time in the public. But people are always different on the internet than irl. Bowie seemed to keep up with the times so shitposting on the internet doesn't seem that out of character for him.

Thanks. I do wonder what happened to the author though.

>All my shitposts and cringy posts I've made decades ago in forums are still be seen by randoms to this day

>People were like this back in '89? Holy shit.
People don't change, just the methods of communication.

Gauntlet 4 was amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=brUFB5z1i7E

Todd has been playing us all for fools.

But at least he put the old "can't see more than X FPS" meme to rest.

People seem to not understand this about even people hundreds or thousands of years ago. Modern humans have been around for a very long time. People aren't different, but culture and technology have changed over the years, but someone in 500BC was the same as you or me.

Todd is such a nerd. No wonder his games attract nerds

>that pre-emoticon grin emote

I wonder why that went out of style. It was easy to type and pretty unambiguous in meaning. Was it pissing wiggers off when 5000 wasn't added before it or something?

>Sean Legge
That's the name of a guy that teaches Math/Compsci at a university near me.
Considering all he owns are video games I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of his posts.

It's really easy to look back on eras with fondness since most of the information that gets remembered are the highlights, when in reality the world has always been pretty much as good and as shitty as it is now.

You should ask him if he made a post on Usenet about Gauntlet IV 21 years ago.

>Daggerfall
>true rpg
Meanwhile...

actually... they are calling each other "bunghole" and saying stuff like "you suck" instead of

nigger, gook, fucking WHITE I cant wait to watch all you die terrorist attacks is my christmas ect.

>responding to obvious bait
You can't make this shit up

It's a near 3 hour drive and I'm lazy

He sure has.

>I will never buy a Bethesda product until they deliver what they promise.
And so Douglas Rener never bought a Bethesda product for as long as he lived.

I remember a seeing a retro discussion thread about Daggerfal. Most of the discussion was "It's buggy as fuck, but it's pretty good." One guy talked about how he's died a few times because he's opened a door and gone through it, only for there to be nothing but empty space and a fall into the void behind it. Other uses talked about how fun this bug was because you could case a flight spell, and fly through the void to anywhere in the dungeon or somesuch.

People in the latest era of humanity always think they are the most advanced version of the species, but the truth is humans have been mentally roughly the same for thousands of years

I hope that Strawman never say this reply. If I got roasted this hard by Bowie I don't think I could stay sane.

For some people, when you give it your best and get so completely BTFO in return, it becomes an unequivocal "Welp. I've met the one worthy of being called superior" moment, and all you can do is laugh, nod, and acknowledge your place in the world.

I like to think somewhere, Strawman wrote and maybe read a heartfelt eulogy last year about how great Bowie was, and how he'll always remember the man setting him straight once and for all with the most brutal burn of his life for acting like a turd.

Indeed. Void Surfing is an essential and well-documented skill for exploring Daggerfall's dungeons.

>"Chie, I hope your hemorrhoids rub together so much that they hurt worse than when they every have before"

Fucking savage.

>"Samius to Cornelius: go hang yourself!"
Hys

>jap word+year of birth was your username for like 4 years
Just end me.

>"Apollinaris, the doctor of the emperor Titus, defecated well here"
Wtf is wrong with these people? Appearantly they had to write a warning so people don't shit there and boast about it.

Great, now I hear David Bowie singing the Navy Seal rant.

We should all make bread tomorrow.

Also, I wonder if Novellia Primigenia was THICC

>To the one defecating here. Beware of the curse. If you look down on this curse, may you have an angry Jupiter for an enemy.
Holy shit

>if you want to pay $400 for a system that will be as popular as the Lynx, go for it!

I'd love to ask Sean what he thinks of this statement now.

>"Gaius Valerius Venustus, soldier of the 1st praetorian cohort, in the century of Rufus, screwer of women
I can't stop!

>R O M A
>O
>M
>A

I've read this so many times and yet every time it is posted I read it again.

>Oh, your an AOLer. Nevermind :)
Were AOLers the Reddittors of their time?

Worse. Eternal September.

*it was just a hologram*

>all those free AOL cds and free hours for dragging other people in

We talk about this being cancer or that being cancerous, but AOL was the most literal case of digital cancer to-date.

Worse, they were the 4channers of the 90's

>pretendo 69
>playshitstation

Anyone have that graffiti from Pompeii or whatever that says shit like "I screwed the barmaid" etc. it's like the earliest form of shitposting known to man.

i used to troll yahoo games chat as a wee lad in the early 90s

See >II.2.3 (Bar of Athictus; right of the door); 8442: I screwed the barmaid

Spotted the plebbitor

>Great shot kid! That was one in a million...that means a thousand people in China could have made it

Then why hasn't the same happened to Australia and Canada yet?

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1824: Let everyone one in love come and see. I want to break Venus’ ribs with clubs and cripple the goddess’ loins. If she can strike through my soft chest, then why can’t I smash her head with a club?

It would be the end of videos of kangaroos punching and kicking people, and of the rest of the planet mercilessly mocking the quebecois for being the randy pitchfords of the global stage.

Their contribution to the world presently outweighs their bullshit.

>;^(
amazing

>todd's has made a 20 year career out of lying
someone stop the madman

I had no idea Bowie was so savage.

>implying Sup Forums will still exist in 10 years

Dictator players have always been fucking scrubs.

As funny as it is, and as much as he is in the right, and as nice as it is to see him as a human, he's kind of a bitchy cunt