Now that Scorpio is coming out and can play 4K games at 60fps

Now that Scorpio is coming out and can play 4K games at 60fps

Is there any reason to build a PC for gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/persona-5-is-playable-on-pc-with-this-ps3-emulator/
youtube.com/watch?v=ha2Dbu_EBT0)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>60fps
that's cute

Not really, especially since you need to spend about $3000 to build a PC that can run 4K at a decent fps

Why do you ask stupid questions. You know that there'll always be games on PC that won't be on it.

>Is there any reason to build a PC for gaming?
To free yourself from Microsoft's ambition to complete their monopoly and kill gaming on open platforms?

>free online
>more control options
>higher than 60fps
>better sales
>bigger library of games
>mods
>VR if you care for it
>emulation of older consoles

But you can play microsoft games on PC too

Scorpio will have VR apparently, they've got a deal with oculus

>Scorpio
>running games at 4K
>running games at 60fps

Pick one.

*picks both*

Of course, but that's only because Microsoft's end game is to stop you from being able to run anything else.

At minimum settings? That's literally the only way that hardware can do both.

Better versions mind you.

Yes. For real 4k and actual games.

What moron would use this?

Well they've already confirmed 4k 60 fps with gpu power to spare on Forza 6

You're forgetting how optimised games can be on consoles

A build with a 7600k or even a fucking 880k for that matter and 1060 or 480 can run games at 4k 30fps on med, if you think that Scorpio will be running the yearly cowadoody and battlefield rehashes at 4k 60fps you're mistaken. Factor in free online and the other utility you get from having an extremely fast computer, which you need a computer anyway, and you have a better value than the Scorpio.

it can play the old forza track based at 60 fps 4k

there are ZERO games anounced that are coming to xbox or scorpio that are confirmed 4k and 60fps

Battlefront 2 is

>scorpio - $500
>4k 60fps PC - $3000

only the 4 hour single player so who cares?

also
>EA
who gives a shit?

We had this thread yesterday

>scorpio - $500

>$500

Let's wait for the actual launch benchmarks. I seem to remember Sony Ponies claiming 4K/60 FPS for the Pro.

Meanwhile my GTX 1070 with a slight OC is running all modern games at 3440x1440 at 100 FPS.

there are game sthat run at 4k 60fps on ps4 pro

Say what you will about both EA and the meh quality of the last Battlefront, but it is a well optimized game. I bet it does run 4K/60 on Scorpio. It likely runs 4k/120 on a GTX 1060 and an i3 though.

So..at this time..some people still thinking a 600$ console who cost the same price of 1080 gtx, can run 60fps game ? In 4k ? Wtf is wrong with you ? Are you retarded ?

>Is there any reason to build a PC for gaming?

Yeah to be able to ACTUALLY do those things you mentioned rather than
4K 60fps*
*it's checkerboarded btw
**we had to turn all the other graphics settings down to medium to get 4K
**paid online tip please

Yea

>google games running at native 4k 60 FPS on PS4 Pro
>A couple of sports games that drop to 30 FPS in replays, indie titles, and a Dreamcast re-release of Rez---and not even the new exclusive area mind you

Okay. With that being the benchmark, a toaster for 2007 could run CS 1.6 at 4K/100 FPS.

>Say what you will about both EA and the meh quality of the last Battlefront,

I will
EA is an abhorrant company that make abomination games and destroy devs. tthey are the worst company n the world 2 years in a row and also their games are shit and they are a very anti consumer company.

also all games on the frostbite engine are trash and anyone that defends anything made by anyone in any EA is a shill faggot who deserves to be killed.

They don't plan to give you a choice.

Your options are:
Stay on old versions of Windows that work on old hardware, abandoning the pursuit of more power.
Switch to Windows 10, with support for the latest hardware, but hampered by console style limitations where new restrictions can be forced at any time through mandatory updates.
Or switch away from Windows to Linux where no one can impose restrictions thanks to standards, but vendor support is still lacking.

The third option is the most painful and difficult one, but its also the only good option available. The sooner you switch the better off PC gaming will be.

They only showed a screenshot of a racing game from 2 years ago.

Nothing to be impressed about

>$600

LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH

its already CONFIRMED that the scorpio cant possibly be made or sold for anyless that $700+

enjoy your overpriced overheating untested piece of shit with ps4 pro ports on it

All fair. Doesn't stop Frostbite engine from being one of the best multiplatform engines this generation in terms of optimization.

Didn't buy Battlefront or any Battlefield since 3 mind you.

i feel it's either literal brainwashing to want inferior products or people are just retarded and can't think for themselves

either way, why don't they ever bring up the fact someone would need a 4k TV?

you mean "4K" also known as buzzword by companies for games that aren't really running 4K

This.

A 4K monitor at 60 hz is only 400 or so bucks. TVs start at 800 and go upwards to 2000 USD for OLED.

>frostbite
>responsible for the worst games ver made this generation and the last
>shitty engine
>makes shit games
>all shit

>"t-that doesnt count!"

PC is just the best. i also have a PS4 and my PS+ sub ran out. i feel like it's a fucking scam now after i've built a PC. i can play so many other games for fucking free

i don't see ANY reason to even think of buying anything-xbox. enjoy your garbage piece of shit that needs an expensive 4k TV to even play in "4k" and "60fps," ya bunch of marketers. Sup Forums doesn't actually want microsoft consoles

Games

good joke

>4k 60fps PC - $3000
Maybe if your stupid enough to think 4K60fps takes something ridiculous like a 6900k with dual 1080ti's. You console children are so cute sometimes.

noone wants microsoft conoles

>zune
>HD DVD
>bing
>explorer
>MSE
>Messenger
>xbox live
>games with gold
>EA Access
>titanfall
>tomb raider 2
>sunset overdrive
>forza
>Ryse
>quantum break
>Recore
>minecraft VR
>Rare replay
>36% fail rate
>powerbrick
>charge kits
>paid online
>xbox gold avatars
>windows phone
>windows 10
>scalebound

they are a bastard anti-consumer fucker and the only reaosn they made the progress they ever did into the market was big FAT FUCKING STUPID yank racist cunts who bough the 360 4 times

they better fucking die aand they better never come fucking back!

Well, depends on what kind of person you are.
Me, I plan to get a GPU rendering monster machine because of animation work, so there's no need for me to get Scorpio.

>4k 60fps
>actually believing this will be the case with newer titles.

What a pretentious shit head, comparing a games consoles to workstation related issues

kek makes me not want it even more. thanks for confirming. isn't your job to make people want it more? you're failing miserably and they're better off firing you. i would

Name one good Xbone exclusive

oh, fuck. this is just too hilarious

tell me, Sup Forums. is this a marketer or just some retarded mongrel?

show me a 4k60fps pc right now that's under 3k

thats what I thought.

OP asked a question, I answered. I have no need for a console if I have a workstation that has all the GPU power I need. That way I have one machine that works for both work and games.

you know i can't. MAYBE rare replay, but those games are able to be emulated

Who cares about exclusives, xb1 is a console with better accessories, service integration and UI

Xbox exclusives have always been trash, Halo was always overhyped trash, same for Fable and Gears.

These days it's even worse, even the halobabbies don't like newer Halo, and Gearsbabbies don't like the recent GoW games.

I'm not some fat fucking yank shill

here in based europe but not technically actually europe because we hate europe (UK) we dont buy microsofts shit in anyway and M$ is a fucking dirty words synonymous with big fat stupid yanks and shitty hardware and all the rest

fuck america and stop hocking your shitty garbage here

You're forgetting how rare optimized games are on consoles.

$533 for a beefier machine that:
>doesn't require a yearly xbl subscription
>can be upgraded where needed in the future
>allows for more frequent game sales
>can be used for more than gaming

You can only speak for yourself, retard.

Go back to rendering your bull's new montage

thats because as with all american corporate, they didnt invest in talent and just drained the franchises names and killed off teh stupio when the blood was dry

YANKS DONT CARE
they make a shit ton of money of old engines and hardware and destroy it then do it again

america has no culture

Are you that dual core recommending pos everyone laughed at in the last Scorpio threads?

Jesus, just fuck the fuck outta here with that shit

Whatever you pick... you're still playing on a Microsoft platform

calm down nigger

>>its already CONFIRMED that the scorpio cant possibly be made or sold for anyless that $700+
Source?

That's what I used to think 1 year ago, but now we have confirmed that Scorpio APU is only 4 CU larger than PS4 Pro.

fucking kek

retarded normie shits don't even care for exclusives anymore, my man

fucking kek. look at these women who go off feelings, do not think objectively, and seek to live off the glory of their man (console company)

>t. consolecuck refuses to believe that a $50 dualcore can keep up with his APU

>they've already confirmed 4k 60 fps with gpu power to spare on Forza 6
>Forza 6

Yeah that game was 1080p/60fps on Xbone too and pretty much the ONLY one. The rest were 720p~900p at a cinematic 24fps.

it's really your manhood at stake here for not thinking objectively, thinking without reason, and simple critical thinking via information that is widely available even with something as trivial as video games, console-onlys and marketers. but like a woman, you refuse to have anything nice even when it it presented to you and spite others who actually do

The Xbox had returned to their original status they held in gen 6.

If you have a ayality gaming PC, then you can essentially ignore them entirely.
However if you don't game in PC, they're the definitive console to own.

PC>>>>Scorpio>>>>>>>>>>playstation

playstation objectively has better ,more exclusives that run better than xbox and objectively has more developers

>like a woman

way to invalidate your whole existence

He's not the render fag, I am.
I have never seen someone so assblasted for literally no reason.

This

Can i play Persona 5 in that box of yours?

I thought so

user is right

Why would you ever give up encoding performance for GameDVR, Beam Game streaming, and overall game performance just to say I game on a PC. You gotta deal with the time consuming process of putting that shit together, the cost of the OS which is not on there and other programs you got to look into and install for game recordings and you'll be bottlenecked by that dual core for sure.

It's beyond stupid

yeah, i know

you shouldn't hate me just because i'm better, console woman (man)

pcgamer.com/persona-5-is-playable-on-pc-with-this-ps3-emulator/

it's low framerate currently, but it will only improve. the point is -- you're wrong and people can play on it. don't worry, either. i bought my take your heart edition

kekking kekkers

would sonyfags take the side of PC or xbox?

sonyfags are backstabbers they wouldn't take anyone's side

Both amd and nvidia cards have their own version of gamedvr if you don't want to use gamedvr. Building a pc is piss easy these days, you'd have to put in alot of effort to fuck something up. If you don't have a couple of hours to build one then how do you have any time to play games? Windows 10 can be downloaded through iso file just skip the activation step. The g4560 doesn't bottleneck a fury or 1070 at 4k high settings(see youtube.com/watch?v=ha2Dbu_EBT0) and if you bump it down to medium you'll have a steady 60.

>Ever "siding" with any consolewarriors
Gross