How do you sacrifice the son of heaven?

How do you sacrifice the son of heaven?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlJrEwEMIpM
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb6J0-3KTnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

very carefully

Is SMTIV a good starting point to the series? I started playing it today on my hacked 3DS and I dropped it after I died in the first dungeon trying to commune with demons. Not that I didn't like what I had played so far.

I'd recommend it to people as a starting point.

Gotta play em in release order you idiot
If you can't handle reading some japanese and emulating the Super nintendo titles, then gtfo

Yeah, first area is hard but once you beat Medusa it's mostly smooth sailing until the end. Digital Devil Saga is also a good starting point.

Persona 1 was garbage. That shit hallway simulator and then being ripped into a 3d world every time you enter a door only yo go back to a garbage hallway simulator was shit.

Fuck that game and fuck you.

Going to disregard this faggot

So what ties all the SMT games together other than the titles? Like what ties the mainline games with Persona and DDS? Is it just the demons or do they all take place in the same reality/world/timeline.

DDS part 2 is a bit of a let down. I think 4 is a good jump in point, but if anyone asks me what their first SMT game to get is I always say Nocturne.

Why is Devil Survivor the best SMT?

Devil Summoner is an alternative timeline from mainline IIRC
Persona 1-2 takes place on Devil Summoner
Persona 3-5 on a world created after Persona 2
Raidou is on Devil Summoner verse too I think

Ask the jews.

>Is it just the demons or do they all take place in the same reality/world/timeline.
Demons, themes, and general tone of the games is what ties them together. Putting together a timeline requires leaps in logic, ignorance of potential endings, and branching and circular continuity.

im starting with smt4 and its pretty good. get it. just dont balance out your stats, amd the strength stat is kind of worthless in this game in particular

Occasional reminder:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlJrEwEMIpM

meant for

So we're all in agreement that DDS, Nocturne, and P5 are by far the best games in the series right?

Swap out P5 for SJ and you're right on the money.

Man's greatest glimpse

Devil Survivor is the best

ive only played half of smt4 so by default i must disagree

It's complicated, but each mainline game does have something that ties it in to the one previous to it. 2 is a direct sequel to 1 so it shares the world and directly references the characters and events of 1, 3 has a direct mention of a character from 2 though takes place in a completely different world, and 4 makes passing references to the previous three as well as the DS sidequel.

How is SMTIV? I really liked P3 & P5 but I don't really like the idea of more combat instead of daily weeb stuff

>chaosfags

It's good, but if you're really put off by the loss of social elements and emphasis on combat you might be better off passing on it. I would still recommend giving it a try tho.

isn't it
persona 1 then 2 which destroys the universe and causes 2 ep which goes on to 3 and then 4,5
DDS is another universe all together

I fucking hate lawposters.

You won't like it then. Combat, fusions, and negotiating are the focus. I think Devil Survivor 2 has some light Persona elements but I haven't played it.

The even more confusing part is that DDS explicitly references SMT 2.

Which series has better gameplay SMT or EO?

Only a few hours in myself, but it's really, really fun. More streamlined and less grindy than other SMT's I've played. But I don't think that's a bad thing, especially for a handheld.

How far did you get?
As much as I enjoyed DDS, I'd have to swap it with strange journey. Maybe that's just me though.

Combat is much more fun in SMT than in Persona. I'm sure you'll like it if you keep an open mind.

i think i just got to Shinjuku and a school girl was nice to me

Well, they say that all the SMT2 stuff is from an alternate world. So it still makes sense.

DON'T BELIEVE HER LIES

And Imagine was apparently a prequel to DDS but was also supposedly some possible outcome of Nocturne.

What SMT games are skippable?

didnt plan on it if given the chance honestly. the way she spoke compared to everyone else and also being a school girl is a huge red flag for me.

I would assume the games made before the 2000s

only demikids and NINE

strange journey

This is how a lot of persona babies (myself included) felt before trying main line and loving it.
I recommend giving either IV or Nocturne a shot, but you HAVE to play IV until you reach Tokyo at least

DemiKids.

But if you really need to make the list of games more manageable, you can probably skip Raidou and Soul Hackers. I like Raidou a lot but the gameplay is shit in the first game and while the gameplay improves in the second, the story turns to shit.

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

I though Persona took place in SMT If

Really? I thought Imagine was meant to take place during the time skip in SMT 1 when humans were surviving demons.

Give him Pokemon: Fire Red.

>Law is becoming more and more "Fuck you you just do nothing, if you do something we kill you and you go to hell
>Chaos is becoming more and more "Neutral.... But hey fuck all those people just because FUCK em they're weak haha yeah evil."

I get that the point is to always paint neutrality is the best route, but fuck me they're making it so heavy-handed any more there's not even GOOD sides to chaos/law in stuff like 4.

>Soul Hackers
>skippable

kys my man that game is great

So who is the best demon?

Why is Mastema so much better than Betatron?

Me,hee-ho

Only one real choice.

thanks to nocture you can say almost all are conected but some are created by the choices of the mc in a world and creates another like raidou go back in time from smt to raidou kuzunoha and it create the timeline from smt if and persona

LORD OF THE FLIES
PRINCE OF LIES

Good guy, good skills, good looks and him actually playing when attacking im 3 killed my sides.

Best battle theme from a MegaTen game.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb6J0-3KTnY

Fuck, forgot the pic

AYO, HOL UP

user is saying that because there are references to the Kuzunoha family in a few persona games. I know 4 briefly references him, too. I think it's something Chie says.
If's universe ended after P2: IS, though.
P2: EP started the current Persona universe.

Name a better CANON female mc
>protip: you cant

Is Trumpeter ever not ridiculously good?

I WILL NOT CRACK

WHERE IS IT GIDEON?
ANSWER ME

You're right, the other user isn't.
It's between SMT1 and 2. I played it.

This won't turn into another KOWASHITAI r-right?

I wish they'd do another game without law/chaos and use philosophies like the reasons in Nocturne.

wasnt she ruined it by his writer?

I heard you guys like demons.

Thank christ that isn't going to be a switch exclusive

>light go out
>the disco sun from nocturne decends
>demons start dancing
>SMT DANCING FURIOUSLY ALL NIGHT

Yeah, I almost had to buy that piece of shit.

I bet you bitch ass messiahs couldn't name all those demons.

are they using kaneko's demons insted of that new guy in smt 4?

I dont think so, and thank fuck for that, I always like him to be great.

Has there ever been a SMT game where magic skills are better than physical?

it's switch exclusive

>son.yggers get persona and SMT
fucking dropped this pretentious franchise

Persona 5 Ruby will be a Switch exclusive.

It also has gold odin so no.

>Parvati
>Incubus
>Lilim
>Decarabia
>Agathion
>Mithras
>Metatron
>Cu Chulainn
>Jack Frost
>Gabriel
>Thor
>Nekomata
>Belphegor
>Mara
>Pixie
>Sarasvati
>Mandrake
>Hua Po
>Cybele
>Leanen Sidhe
>Grimekhala

where they basiacally the same character in a diferent story?

>nigga ran around with a damn 80's laptop

Strange journey, lad.

DDS is the worst

No that would be Nocturne