I've been playing the Bayonetta PC port and I just keep thinking about Viewtiful Joe. More than a new take on DMC...

I've been playing the Bayonetta PC port and I just keep thinking about Viewtiful Joe. More than a new take on DMC, Bayo feels like a 3D Viewtiful Joe. Then I just got sad that Viewtiful Joe is a dead series that probably never reached its full potential.

What would you have wanted from a proper Viewtiful Joe 3? Do you think it would have been able to transition to being a fully 3D action game like Bayonetta? Which Viewtiful Joe game is your favorite?

I only played VJ1 & 2.
While being fantastic games, especially regarding artstyle, humour and pacing, controls were pretty meh and combat severly lacked depth.
Hope they improve on that if we ever get a new one.

I hated the art design, but I remember buying it. Or renting it. I can't remember. Either way, I got my ass kicked.

Now that I'm not a shitter, I'd like to go back and rape it. I'll buy it if they release a good Steam port.

There's more than two Viewtiful Joe games? The fuck...

I just started a new playthrough of Viewtiful Joe minutes ago, and then see this. What the fuck? Get out of my head

Apparently there's two other games but they kind of look like spinoffs.
First one was really hard at the beginning, especially the vampire bat boss and some goon mobs.
Second one not so much.
Once you upgrade your VFX (? don't remember the name) bar, it gets easier.

viewtiful joe 1 ps2 version had dante
viewtiful joe 2
viewtiful joe red hot rumble (psp version had dante)
viewtiful joe double trouble

is red hot rumble, or double trouble any good

>that person doing an HD texture pack for Joe 1

Bless them

>there was a study done recently by a university that had proof humans had some sort of hivemind/ telepathy thing going on when one in the group does something obscure

Looks the same, so much for HD texture pack

>720p
>753p

You blind?

A group of people, who form a group precisely because they think similarly, sometimes having very similar thoughts?

One person making a thread about a game on a game board at the same time as someone else on that board is thinking about that game?

Holy shit get Mulder on the case.

I think it isn't ready for 3D yet since there's so much more potential to be used in the side scrolling still. Just because it worked for one game, doesn't mean it will translate to every game.

That said, I hope someone buys the rights, maybe even Sony. Anyone at this point is fine. Viewtiful Joe and EA BIG are the only things I REALLY want to see make a comeback and I TRULY believe they would have phenomenal success.

Nah but you are. that shit aint HD

Are you really going by the image resolution? Look at the textures, you can emulate the game at any resolution you want, 4K, 5K, 8K, whatever

They're sure taking their time making that 3rd game they promised at the end of the 2nd one aren't they?

how does it work.

Anything can happen nowadays user.

>Shenmue 3
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>The Last Guardian
>FFXV
>a NieR sequel

How does what work? Emulators? Dolphin? Texture packs?

>appreciate the visual fidelity and loading times of the gamecube version
>like being able to play as Dante in the PS2 version

We need an HD remaster to sort this all out, PC/PS4/XB1/Switch

Sadly they lost all the files in the clover purge

That doesn't mean a reverse engineering solution is out of the question, that's what they did with the MGS HD collection and the Ico/SotC collection

>Shenmue 3
Some obsucre chinese game, looks crap.
>Kingdom Hearts 3
Duke Nukem Forever inbound
>The Last Guardian
Cute game & story, atrocious gameplay and über repetitive / boring. Game dragged on for too long.
>FFXV
All looks no substance. Roadtrip with your gaybros simulator. Huge letdown.
>a NieR sequel
Horny weebs fantasy. Crap game.

Why can't chinks make good (or at least decent) games anymore?

is it true the guys what made vj made bayonetta

Japanese Phil Fish? yes

Is that even necessary?
Just remove texture filtering

No it's just a myth perpetrated by the industry in the west to convince their customers that competent developers are a rarity so we shouldn't complain when all they can do is churn out garbage.

i didn't like double trouble much. you can tell they were on a low budget. one of the things that i hated the most was his running animation and how it didn't match the speed he was moving at. i loved red hot rumble but it's still kinda trash.

both games aren't worth bringing up when talking about viewtiful joe.

Yes, though the team was much smaller for Viewtiful Joe, under 20 people

oh ye i forgot to add you get to see joe's sister in double trouble.

Kamiya isn't completely unlikable tho

she's hot

Wait what