Will Atlus be able to top Persona 5 with Re FANTASY?

Will Atlus be able to top Persona 5 with Re FANTASY?

I hope you do realize that "Re Fantasy" isn't the title of the game and merely a codename.

More importantly, how are they going to link it to their main SMT franchise?

I don't think the P Team is capable of making a game outside of their comfort zone.

Look what happened to Catherine.

PLEASE

Is it a PS4 exclusive?

Hackshino said the whole reason they're making a fantasy game is because the modern setting of Persona was getting too restrictive for their ideas, if he makes another rehash Sup Forums has to agree he is one of the biggest hacks in the industry.

>Re
What is this meme that's going around in Japan at the moment?

Another Stella Deus would be pretty cool.

Just another SRPG in general, the genre is fucking dry ATM on tv consoles

No.

Only fags care about exclusivity

Yes genius, how could he call this game?

Super Robot Wars and Gundam G Generations still exist and they're getting official translations.

>at the moment
Are you 10 years old?

Considering they spent 5 years on Persona 5, I don't see them ditching most, if not all the assets to make something entirely brand new.

Who knows, maybe he'll come through and blow everyone away with a completely standalone, unique title.

Only real question that matter is: are they going to ditch the demons in this game?
Because if not then its just SMT with a different name.
Either way Atlus is the ONLY developer who has yet to disappoint me so I know its going to be at least a decent game.

I'm 100% they're gonna reuse the P5 models in the next SMT.

if it's not fantasy Persona complete with social links then I don't want it.

Oh definitely. The teaser even has them reusing the demon models, front and center.

But this is Atlus we're talking about. They will reuse assets through an entire generation without making anything new.

But will it have Social Links or not?

This is important.

>Re in the title

probably not

Is that Soejima's art?

I'm not 100%.

This bodes well for me. I like Persona but the fact every game fits into a tight lore-bound framework makes it less appealing. Besides, fantasy > IRL settings, all other things being equal.

I fucking love that guy's art, holy shit

It is, he's just painting in that one

They should try Sci-Fi next.

Sci Fi > Fantasy > Real world

Probably that's the code name, like Bloodborne was Project Beast before the official announcement.

Not sure, but I like the idea of Atlus being able to step away from high school anime tropes for a while.

Depends what kind of sci-fi. Generally speaking both sci-fi and fantasy lit are often poorly written, but I find fantasy is better written in general and has more standout examples of good authors and novels: e.g. The Once and Future King or the Farseer Trilogy.

I've been wanting them to do this ever since Catherine.

It's a fucking crime we havent gotten another Golden Playhouse game

REtard

You can't be that stupid right?
There is Zero connexion with SMT

Sci-fi has plenty good authors, arguably more than fantasy.

But either way all the settings are pretty much equal, its the writer that counts.

Don't have any hopes for it, it's sounds like Hashino is just being pretentious like always.

I wonder what type of RPG will it be.

Hoping for a good Arpg with SMT demons.

this will determine whether i play it or not - if it has social links then i aint playing it

They said it has nothing to do with smt so unless they just ditch idea it won't have demons

I disagree. Asimov, Clarke and Heinlein are all pretty poor prose-writers but are well regarded within the genre itself.

Herbert and Wolfe are top-tier.

They're fed up with fucking normies who want to play their games.

>Will Atlus be able to top Persona 5 with Re FANTASY?

When it releases in 5 years, I'm sure it'll be far and beyond the best Altus game ever made.

>forgetting Ellison
Then you got guys like Ray Bradbury, and Jack Vance. Sci-fi definitely holds up.

Ellison's a hack. Don't get me wrong. I like a lot of the authors you mentioned, their _concepts_ are interesting, but their writing is poor.

turn-based combat?

>Elf

I hope she visits an orc village.

I would guess so.

But I haven't seen confirmation of it.

I'm hoping we get a protagonist more charismatic than a block of wood.

If all you're really talking about is prose style then that often boils down to taste. With their actual storytelling thats a different story.

Oh yea, Zelazny too.

Is this the game that worried Taro regarding his games market being stolen by the new Atlus's game?

>A Fool's Journey Begins
Oh yeah fantasy persona

They'll selectively use appropriate demon models from P5.

>After years Persona 5 comes out, meaning soon more Persona games will follow since they have assets from the new engine already.
>lol let's abandon that and work on a new ip that'll probably take another 5 years to come out

fUcKing kiLl mE

I imagine they'll use the engine since Atlus will likely use P5's engine for everything moving forward.

Hashino seems to view this as Atlus new big fantasy project which is why they are recruiting an almost all new team so I can't imagine they will reuse many assets.

P-Studio is still doing their own thing, but Hashino just won't be super involved anymore.

>Look what happened to Catherine.

What happened to Catherine?

I honestly prefer to wait 5 years for an actual GOOD game than get a new recycled game every 3 months like those garbage tier series such as Neptunia or Atelier

Upon seeing this I realized how little traditional high fantasy is done in Jrpgs anymore. I rather miss it.

"Traditional high fantasy" feels like an oxymoron to me.

I'd like something that steps away from the Tolkien template and makes something really otherworldly.

Just reuse Kamoshida's castle as the party's base.