Which one?

Which one?

Infinite

fpwp

Cant you make decisions for yourself ?

Triggered.

Well, yeah, I prefer 2. I just wanna hear other people's opinions and maybe talk about the differences between the two games.

Wait a minute...

1 for story
2 for gameplay
Infinite for a shttier version of the 2nd story
Infinite's dlc for a fanfiction of the 1st's story

LOL

They're both good, but personally I like 1 more. 2 just didn't really feel like a "sequel". The story didn't seem like it had anything to do with the original, almost like it was more of a spin-off. Minerva's Den was excellent.

that card...

W-woah..

I get why people like 2 more but both feel pretty clunky imo so I'll say I prefer 1.
Also I was not a fan of protecting little sisters in 2

Counter question:

Why was the ending of every Bioshock even worse than the one before ?

1 had shite gameplay, a predictable story and the little sisters looked like garbage
2's gameplay was god tier, the story was still dumb but the characters were MUCH more likable, and the little sisters didn't look like fucking ayys

>Also I was not a fan of protecting little sisters in 2
Fuck off, cretin!! They're for petting and cuddling!

But the neutral ending of BS2 was superior to both the good AND evil endings of BS1.

Respectful disagree, my dude. Neutral ending of BS2 was really good.

Good ending was saccharine and evil ending was cartoony and they were worse than their BS1 counterparts though.

Late game when you were super tricked out, it was great. The "No guns, but your plasmids cost half" made protecting them ridiculous fun. You would just be flying around with your drill firing lightning and bees out of your ass constantly. Great stuff.

Going to have to generally disagree with this.

1 and 2's gameplay was more or less identical, only difference being in some of the abilities and feeling a bit tankier in 2. The graphics were a flat upgrade in 2, granted, but I'd submit that the level design of 1 was more open to exploration and felt more in line with the System-Shock formula than 2, which had much more linear areas that were explored more vertically than horizontally. The story in both was pretty generic, but the cast of both had stand-out performances and the twist in 1 made it feel more interesting than the flat predictability of 2 to me. I mean all in all, they're both really good games, so trying to argue which is better generally chalks up to opinion anyways.

Melee/plasmids only in both games were the clearly superior playstyle. Once you get the tonics that upgrade/make those builds viable, you crank out such insane damage it utterly breaks the game in both.

1, 2 has too much fucking mouse lag no matter what settings I fuck with.

Man, I loved BS2's shotgun

Every single playthroufh no matter how hard I try I always end up just drill rushing only. It's so fucking fun. Should be a bit more grousome though like impaling splicers and using their bodies as a shield.

1 for the atmosphere
2 for gameplay and story

Bioshock story was a B movie tier plot, while 2 actually had a satisfying conclusion, notto mention a shit final boss.

fite me

>not using telekinesis and throwing around corpses

The twist in 1 was pretty stupid desu. Fontaine could have just told jack to neck himself immediately after killing Ryan

How is this even a question? 1 is FAR better

the only shitty thing about 1 was the final boss

Yeah but I wanna punish these crackheads with my drill. It just doesn't look that much really.

The good ending in B2 almost got me tearing up.

The ending in B1 left me cold.

First one all the way. Its not even close like holy shit if you think Bioshit 2 even competes get help or drown in an ocean.

but subject delta was made to survive the ocean :^)

>Another ur gaem is shit and I won't tell you why post
Just kill yourself

Do you not like drilling niggas while combining plasmids for better effects?

1>Infinite>2.

It's factual, shows in accolades and success. Don't be edgy and disagree

>the one with superior gameplay is bad
lol I bet u liked undertale too

>Dear Doctor Lamb, I received the invitation to your little social club today. In return, I'd like to make you a wager: I wager you need Rapture Central Computing just a little bit more than I need your half-baked metaphysical mumbo-jumbo. I deal in science, not... whatever it is you're up to! You keep out of Minerva's Den and I'll keep this city's automation from grinding to a complete and sudden halt. Sound fair?

Wait a minute...

Wasn't the 2nd game made by completely different team too?

This guy exists to show us the ending Delta will never have. What the fuck happened to his little sister anyway?

The writers had no idea what the fuck to do with the Fontaine arc and it makes the plot as a whole fall flat.
2 easily.

Bioshock 2 was made by 2k marin.

Sigma/Porter was never assigned to a little sister.

Yes, 2k martin. it's not bad but you can definitely tell Irrational studios barely had anything to do with the game. Hint why 2k begged them back.

Ao eas he the last Alpha daddy to be made right as rapture went to shit? The fuck was he doing all this time before shambling over to Minerva's Den?

Right now are pretty cheap I would consider them just one game.

>Mfw she drags you over to the ledge so you can touch the water one last time.

>Although most Alpha Series were supposed to be bonded to a single Little Sister, Sigma never made it to the bonding process, before being deactivated and placed in cold storage.

1>2>MYASS>Ride to Hell Retribution>ET>Infinite

Good list but one question, what the hell is MYASS?

what you get when you cross and owl with a bungee cord

What separates a man from a slave?

self interest

the thing i got in my bottom

and infinite is the worst game of Y'ALL TAIME

wait a minute, that post...

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?

is it slavery when you get what you want?

Bioshock 1 for sure, but B2 have a very funny online mode

>1 better than 2 at anything
leave any time Irrationalfags. that developer was composed of hacks and I'm glad it's dead.

One thing I never hear people complain about that I disliked is the sound the drill makes. It sounds like a horde of mildly upset bees rather than a roaring engine of destruction strapped to a walking genocide machine.

2, the gameplay is more refined (still far from great though), the story doesn't completely fall apart by the end, and they didn't forget that the game takes place underwater after the first 5 minutes

1: Story, atmosphere.
2: Gameplay, Minerva's Den

I think 2 has more replayability and is overall more fun, but nothing quite adds up to that first trip through Rapture. The setting was definitely getting stale in 2 and that's really my only major gripe with it.

How are the remastered editions eh?

Are the remastered versions any good?

Ironically, I feel like 2 is too short and 1 is a slog after Hephaestus.

Though at least 2 has Minerva's Den.

autistic elderly jew waifu

The first one got a pretty noticeable facelift, and there are director's reels thrown in for an added collectible. Some of them are actually kind of neat and worth going after.

Bioshock 2 got some adjusted lighting but it was by far the buggiest and they didn't upgrade anything else.

Infinite is literally the exact same. Unless you're playing on console, in which case you're just getting the PC version.

It's obvious they didn't give a fuck about the 2 remaster at all.

Those hacks also made System Shock 2 and SWAT 4, give them some credit at least

2 for the combat, 1 for pretty much everything else

looking glass studios made system shock 2

Would I rather play the original versions?

The first one is the only game that got a good remaster. The other two you could play the originals and not miss anything.

Keep forgetting to try out if you could just immediately rescue every sister in the game and still play the game fine on Hard, just to make all the "but muh horde mode every level" fags shut up.
Do you guys think it's possible?

>not using telekinesis 3 drilling the splicer you pull then hurling him at his buddy

Until you got your first ADAM gift, it'd be really fucking hard.

Fuck them setting up perimeters is fun.

If you are speaking about B2 - yeah sure, that's how I ran basically
Beginning is kinda tough, but at 2/3 of the game you'll have more adam than you can spend

Nah 2 is a good length, it doesn't overstay it's welcome like 1

>satisfying conclusion
[citation needed]

Its more "Once you get the research camera, gg"

Both games made that item insanely overpowered, if you abuse it liberally early-game you end up an overpowered wrecking-machine by early mid-game.

I can agree, the areas following the Andrew Ryan bit felt like too much, especially the part about becoming a big daddy - which didn't actually make you a big daddy

On subsequent playthroughs, that little-sister section isn't nearly as bad because you know its coming and how to properly prepare.

But holy shit that first time just tosses you in ass-puckered or not, and then yanks an achievement away if a splicer so much as sneezes on the little cunt.

Agree but start the intro much higher.

Dude that intro was... something else.

>mfw doing a super evil playthrough of 2
>putting little sisters to work until they're tired and getting them to a nearby vent to harvest them
>you get tons of adam for doing this and can basically purchase everything in the game

You feel like a monster but it sure it's fun as hell

have to agree with this, b1 definitely felt like a horror game. I felt vulnerable and not as powerful. With B2 i felt overpowerd but there was for sure a challenge with the game on higher difficulty. B2 was definitely my favorite, but B1 was memorable as shit.

yeah the big naked brass man knocking me down then getting mauled by lolis was true horror kino

I bought both on release day and loved both of them, but 2 is the best. Especially near the end where you have to fuck up multiple alpha daddies.

>I felt vulnerable and not as powerful
It was easy in both games to become overpowered as f.

2, because reasons. Many reasons.

The first Bioshock is up there with Oblivion the first Mass Effects, Mario Bro's and any other classic.

One of the greatest games of all time.

Never played two but I assumed it fell short.

yes you can become overpowered. But i felt that in B2 you had more to your kit, which gave you more options and made you more overpowered than the first game. In the first game I didn't have the ability to use both my gun and powers and lay down traps n shit. Btw the hacking in B2 was way better than the first one imo.

>Also I was not a fan of protecting little sisters in 1
FTFY

Setting up traps and shit in 2 and farming all that sweet ADAM was so good. Even on the hardest difficulty and crashing in 2, it was still more enjoyable than 1's original run.

Agree 100%

Slightly updated version

god yes

>trapping on this fucking level

Fixed that for you.

System Shock 2

The good ending wasn't that bad tbqh famlam

It's surprising to go back and watch the developer interviews, Ken Levine even said that they didn't expect BioShock to become successful enough for a sequel, so not a whole lot of effort was put into the original ending(s)