Are there any remakes that are better than the original?

Are there any remakes that are better than the original?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qzb87qir7Cs
youtube.com/watch?v=O4XN99LYuLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

REmake

>retards will say Twin Snakes

fpbp

Why did you post a picture of a horse OP?

Super Mario 64 DS.

>Nostalgiafags will disagree

>retards will deny twin snakes

Dont make fun of Donna Burke!

I don't think so, pal

>Original Bioware : New Bioware

that game was garbage

imagine having to play as yoshi for the first 1/3rd of the game, fuck that.

Came to post this. Better in every conceivable way, really. The prime example of what a remake should be.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is objectively better than the PS2 release is all ways. Not only does it have the whole game updated from combat, platforming, enemies, inventory, and alchemy, but it also has the original PS2 version just with HD visual update. Plus it has options on the PS2 HD version to tweek a few gameplay options to make it even a little more smoother if you even wanted.

It truly is the benchmark of which all remakes should be measured.

both resident evil Hd/remakes have been great

8 stars is hardly a third of the game. you can do it in like 10 minutes.

It's not better than the original. The entire movement system is wrong, it basically has tank controls. They added content but the flow of the gameplay is cripped by its shitty movement.

mario 64 DS
and also this.

>First third of the game
>Once you have 8 stars you can unlock mario and play the entire game the normal way

>even retards know twin snakes is shit

Same control scheme later Mario games would utilize.

Mario 64's controls weren't that great in the first place anyway.

retard here, it's a bad remake

kek

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=Qzb87qir7Cs

It's fun enough, but it doesn't do anything to surpass the original and actually introduces gameplay elements that don't make sense within the design of the world.

>lockers, hanging etc.

None of these things made it better, because the game wasn't originally designed with them in mind. So short of shoehorning bits in to use it, it didn't change anything. Also, the cutscenes... good grief, the cutscenes.

>Sniper Wolf bits

Just kill me.

thank you based retard

KH2 Final Mix on PS4

Meh, I would say it's a good remake and serves its porpuse. Wouldn't say it's better than the original or worse.

I agree with everything you said tho, wish it would've included the VR missions, but boss rush mode was a nice addition.

Ocarina of Time on the 3DS?

Odin Sphere Lief Erikson transformed a mediocre game plagued with slowdowns into something decent.

Damn, how did I forget this? The only problem I have with it is that they didn't add the ability to skip cutscenes.

REmake turned RE1 from a good but dated game into one of the most polished and well designed game of all time.
REmakes game design is so fucking good jesus christ

The D-Pad movement really ruins the game. If only they had made the Mario 64 remake a generation later instead of blowing their load right away.

Those KOF remakes.

Now this is a fpbp

How, exactly?

Heart Gold Soul Silver
Fire Red Leaf Green

Only story wise the remakes are worse

>Ocarina of Time on the 3DS?

Ninty should port that and MM to the Switch already. That'd be smart.

That Wild Guns HD that came out of fucking nowhere was pretty gud
Took a SNES game most havent even played or heard of and rebuilt it in widescreen with updated but still authentic graphics and even added 2 additional characters.

This would be a good idea if they actually added more content. Something Nintendo doesn't really like to do.
RE plot is stupid as it is, not much of a difference.

>remakes that are better than the original
thats what remakes for? I thought it was about to make it more divers to be more culutral acceptable? I burned all my old games because of the cis white masculinity in it! Just to support the new social appropiated form of video games!

Persona 3 Portable

These two and Zero Mission are the best remakes of all time, because they are each a shining example of why and how you remake a game.

REmake is a second chance to get something right. The original was a horror game that was too campy to be taken seriously as an actual horror game. They remade it so well that it actually set a new bar for pure horror atmosphere in games.

Zero Mission is a remake of a game that was seriously feeling the effects of its age. Not just graphical and audio fidelity, but the gameplay limitations compared to how much more you could do just two games later even just in terms of basic mechanics like crouching. And even more significantly, level design, which although it contributed to the labyrinthine design and extended what was otherwise a very short game, was nevertheless too repetitive, too literally copy-paste in the original. It needed the update there more than anywhere else, and it got it.

HGSS is a remake of a game that didn't really need a remake all that much. A lot of the gameplay flaws of RBY were already ironed out in GSC, and there wouldn't be any more types introduced until Fairy in Gen VI. Really the only flaw to be sorted out was the relative emptyness of the Kanto region and the leveling and pacing issues it caused in the Johto half of the game, such as the low levels of the Elite 4. And that was all because the Kanto part was an ambitious idea that almost didn't even happen, they obviously overexerted themselves figuring that out. With HGSS, they completely sorted that and fleshed out the region brilliantly, as well as updating the mechanics to Gen IV standards. The bonuses like the new sidequests and GB sounds are just the cherry on top. HGSS is a remake that didn't really need to happen, they were really just polishing an exceptionally brilliant gem and making it shine even brighter.

Maverick Hunter X, REmake, Kyūyaku Megami Tensei, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Zelda Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Pokemon stuff minus ORAS.

Man I miss Joostposting.

>Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

Kindly fuck right off. That's entirely "remakes we didn't need at all" tier.

It's a nice enough effort, but just completely pointless.

AM2R

>Majora's mask
What about the boss fights though?

I disagree. I think they should wait for the Switch 4K. And they shouldn't just port those versions. Although they're the best versions overall, there are some things that don't work. Like the bright colors, I know it's for the 3D effect to work properly, but it really does negatively affect the atmosphere in Majora's Mask, which is supposed to be the game's biggest strength. Then there's the fact that they didn't re-do the soundtrack at all, for which they gave the completely stupid justification that they didn't want to tamper with the original sound or some shit. I guess touching up the graphics was fine, but not the music? It's dumb.

>Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
I played Rondo of Blood right after I beat DXC. Rondo is way, way, WAY fucking better.

>Play MGS2 and 3 before ever playing the original
>Scene after you beat the tank comes up
>"Damn Snake used to be kinda cuhrazyy back in the day"
>mfw that missile scene
>mfw pretty much the rest of the game scenes
Only until much later I discovered that the game wasnt originally like that

Skyrim SE
Skyblivion
Skywind

Remember you gotta buy oblivion and morrowind to make the new updated versions work.

>Maverick Hunter X
hahahahhahahahahhaha
WHAT

she really is the best

>Remake lets you unlock the original game

Fuck you, I loved the game/ova.
youtube.com/watch?v=O4XN99LYuLY

You can even play as Vile after finishing the game.

Has todd mad his transition into a woman yet? I fully support him identifying a women

>remake lets you switch between old and new graphics

Can´t hate the game, it got me into MGS.

PERSONA 4 GOLDEN EVEN WITH MARIE

>remake just has the original game without any hoops and ladder to go through like Pavlovian dog

>swn dance on your balls
;_;

This is the only good thing 343 did with the halo franchise

This is why you never get married

>remake adds gamergate jokes

Halo 1 Anniversary?

Sure it fucked up the flood and music a bit but it is generally a better experience.

Super Mario 64 DS was my first Mario title

Fight me

you are stupuid

worse controls
worse models
worse textures
messed up game design and powerups with new characters

>Remake has original game as DLC

Odin sphere

Wtf?

>nobody posted the one literally everyone agrees with

>remake is the original game with a sequel you unlock by completing the game.

yes im stupid but thats no reason to bully me

>Remake has original game as preorder bonus

>original 64 fans are ACTUALLY this retarded

n64 fans are the most retarded people on this board

/thread

TMNT Turtles in Time.

Right unironically looks better every time.

Persona 1 and 2 for the PSP.
Especially for english players of P1.

Only real downside is that the OST for P1 was changed drastically.

Give Me Deus Ex

Wind Waker HD

would have been better with only gen 1 and 2 pokemon unless traded into the game

Yeah, I would let her have sex with me.

>Removing Kaneko's art
fucking no.

>Says HG/SS is one of the best remakes of all time
>didn't fix major issues like the retarded level curve from GSC (it's arguably worse in HG/SS) and poor pacing

They aren't even the best Pokemon remakes broski.

Romancing SaGa is a phenomenal remake.

The problem is that most remakes are debatably better and worse in different areas than the original. Twin Snakes is a good example where it's better in most areas, but certain things were changed that didn't need to be changed.

That said, REmake and Zero Mission are the sole exceptions where they're better in every way. And they both seriously benefit from the graphical facelift. And they respect the originals and their design philosophies while adding features you didn't know you wanted and adding some great new content (zero suit bits in ZM weren't great but everything else added was)

But they didnt

Remake or Reboot

>IT'S TOO BRIGHT AND COLORFUL followed by UH WELL IT'S NOT COLORFUL ENOUGH AND THERE AREN'T ENOUGH RAINBOWS
The butchered OST completely ruins the mood and atmosphere of the game though

>inb4 MUH BATTLE FRONTIER
That's Emerald. These are remakes of Ruby/Sapphire. I don't like that they didn't add the BF or Gym Leader rematches either but you're absolutely out of your mind or blinded by nostalgia if you think these are worse than Ruby/Sapphire

Lowered difficulty, Zinnia and the removed rematches you just mentioned do make them worse than R/S

I can only name a few games that are reboots;

Deus Ex HR - Castlevania LOS - RE7 - and maybe Chrono Cross.

Difficulty is a subjective criticism, and even then you can disable things like the EXP share.

Zinnia hate is hyperbolic. The Delta Episode redeems itself with Mega Fug and Deoxys.

Rematches weren't in Ruby/Sapphire either. Emerald introduced them.

These are shit remakes. Emerald was better than these.
>b-b-b-b-but it's a remake of r/s
Who gives a fuck, everyone knows Emerald is part of the same gen.