Breath of the Wild A.K.A. GOTYAY is already dead discussion-wise

I have a few theories for why this is:

A. Less than a million people in the world have played the game, going off Wii U/Switch sales and complex scalping algorithms, therefore it's a slow burner, and discussion will only explode again around summer when the DLC lands.

B. It's just a slow burner period. The same way that discussion didn't explode about Demon's Souls immediately. People are still digesting the game.

C. The game has tapped into an extremely rare market of people who actually care about gameplay and are taking their time with the game, therefore avoiding spoilers and participation.

D. Nintendo has lost their touch and the game is an abject failure.

Which is it?

(You)

You're talking about it right now. So it not dead.

IS THAT CDI LINK

the game is real good

best zeldo since majoro, best game this year besides automata

why you gotta be so gay?

OP's shitpost aside, Horizon zero dawn didn't take long to become irrelevant. Kinda surprised about how quickly Nier's getting irrelevant too.

I don't think they finished the game. All you do is collect Korok seeds and break weapons. Story feels almost non-existent.

My opinion of the game soured after I finished it.

the plot is pretty bare, but there's a good bit of story content with the memories

the best Zelda (character) by far

E. all the people stealing the game via piracy are discussing the game only in how to get it to work on their computers.

Now find out how many sales this game has lost.

I was just thinking about that

I think it has to do with how the game's paced. You finish it whenever you want, so naturally you're going to defeat Ganon when you start to get tired of it

As a result it doesn't overstay its welcome at all, but it basically just loses your interest slowly until you let it go

that coupled with that weirdly lame dark beast ganon fight (what the fuck was that) and it doesn't end very strong at all.

>Story feels almost non-existent.
I honestly thought there was too much story. King Hyrule and Impa both waste several minutes each explaining shit you already know, basically repeating themselves again and again. Yes, save the princess, save the kingdom. Do you really need any other motivation for a fucking Zelda game?

>so naturally you're going to defeat Ganon when you start to get tired of it
Yeah, I think that's a good way of putting it. You kinda just fuck around until you get bored and decide to finish the game.

This is why I restart before I complete the game. This is game that is about the journey, not the destination.

Not really much to discuss desu

We already discussed the plot, gameplay, etc

We will have to wait for DLC to talk more about it.

E. Nintendo of America changed the story and therefore there's not a lot to discuss without invoking heated debate that nobody wants.

but that's retarded, there's nothing saying you need to complete the game until you 100% it

puzzles, but they were almost non existent too. my 8 year old could solve most shrine puzzles.

Single player games where you play as one character tend to lack replay-ability and fizzle out quickly.
Interest will rise again when the DLC is launched but will again fizzle out because it lacks long-term staying power of a multiplayer game or a game with more player choice (character creation, different quest outcomes, unique character builds, etc)

Not to say that BotW is a bad game from what I've seen (haven't actually played it), but like most Zelda games the only discussion comes out of where it fits in the timelines. Even then, Nintendo has proven time and time again that it doesn't even give a fuck about Timelines so those discussions are typically useless anyway.

there's multiple botw threads in the catalog everyday, what is this retard talking about

Only if you're small minded like you are by making that statement. By the time you get to the end of the main game, you get complacent, using shrines to teleport around, just farming lynels for their weapons and only doing what is needed as the blood moon loops.

So unless you go full autistic and only beeline for shrines, you're going to find new stuff or travel different ways to get destinations. Hell I just found some new things on the Great Plateau and I have 300 hours gametime.

What an intelligent post. Am I really on Sup Forums?

>hasn't played BotW
>is trying to prop of Automata by association to BotW.

I see what you're doing. It's not going to work. It's like comparing FFVII to OoT.

But I have played Breath of the Wild

They're very different games, but I enjoyed Automata more overall.

Whatever, NieR's not really relevant, my point was BotW's good.

>Kinda surprised about how quickly Nier's getting irrelevant too.
Nier got pushed to /vg/ and mods were deleting threads for awhile.

You can only 'discuss' a single-player game for so long, dude. Eventually threads become
>why is mipha the best girl and would you eat all her eggs lmao
>brapppppp of the wild general zelda is cute! CUTE!

The only threads that get spammed for single players is waifufagging threads, see Shitsona

It's because there's not much to talk about really.

>hey remember Kass
>remember Beedle, that guy who's been in four other Zeldas already? only instead of having a cool vehicle he's just walking around
>remember when that [silly thing involving the physics] happened?
>remember the terrible bosses, mediocre divine beasts, and filler shrines?
>boy I can't wait for that DLC! I hope the hard mode is actually worthwhile and the dungeon isn't pure garbage

It gets old real fast.

i beat it and enjoyed it but compared to something like nier automata or persona 5 there's not a lot to talk about

There's literally nothing to discuss.

The story is bare-bones and of no consequence.
No memorable moments, no memorable anything.

Essentially the game functions as an interesting sandbox experience where you can enjoy playing around in the environment, but even that is pretty limited.

I think the strongest points are the artstyle and some waifu material characters. The rest is really forgettable.

I think at this point in the Zelda franchise they should really focus more on delivering a solid story rather than trying to reinveint the gameplay which is always fairly trite.

There was plenty of story "content" because of the memories, most of it just wasn't compelling, and the English voice acting was shit.

E. Game is overrated, and the hype burned fast because it was frontloaded and overblown. Now that the fans have burned through, actual discussion and criticism of the game can slowly take place, and the late adopters coming into with less hype will only further expose the game's flaws. A 10/10 this is not. It is TP2.0 complete with the dual console release abd the fans sperging out at a nonperfect review score.

I agree with this. BOTW doesn't have enough customization to make playthroughs different from one another. As a result a lot of people feel the need to do all the shrines and sidequests and shit in one go, and that leads to fatigue.

Maybe it's just that the game's been out for two months, people that wanted to discuss it civilly did and all that's left is contrarian shitposting usual Sup Forums garbage threads like this one?

Why does this happen? And how come BotW isn't getting pushed to /vg/ as well? We have multiple daily threads, half of which are shitposting threads from both camps, and the other half "comfy thread" circlejerks where you're not allowed to criticize the game, in other words, LITERAL /vg/ material. They even have regular tripfaggots too.

>fans sperging out at a nonperfect review score.
Because it's not like those reviews weren't politically motivated. NOPE.

good idea, the ending was a pretty big disappointment

>Where are you in BotW?
>"I was at shrine and just killed an X(mostly Lynels) and on my way to the next shrine"
literally every time

>No memorable moments
jump off a bridge

Botw gets multiple daily threads with more than 100 posts. What the fuck do you mean?

Because taro fans, along with platinum fans, are some of the most annoying and spammiest fanbases on Sup Forums. People got fed up with their shit threads.

Here's a thought:

WHO THE FUCK CARES!?!

Get a fucking life you loser.

Not him, but the only truly memorable thing for me was the last fight with Ganon and that's it.

the answer to "where are you" in this game is generally is a location, like "the forest" or "the tundra" etc though

Maybe you shouldn't rush through the story and try to explore a bit. The game's physics system creates its own memorable moments

lolis

Really? Cause I sure am sick of Nintendo fans and the constant Switch/Zelda shilling.

Might as well rebrand this board as a Nintendo board as even fucking Reddit is more bearable than this.

So you can't refute the facts presented? Very well, I accept your surrender.

I'll buy it when CEMU can emulate it near perfectly. The current version still has RAM issue, and some stuff still apparently can't be completed. I'm only going to play it once, I'll wait for the best version possible.

ho boy that's some projection

>story is the weakest part of BotW
>Champions are shallow as fuck characters with barely any screen time to flesh them out so LITERALLY all people do is wank over their fanart
>all anyone can really talk about is something silly that happened thanks to the physics
>in the end even that will get repetitive since there's still only so many ways to approach a camp
Not to mention they're being super vague with the DLC.

Because it's a game centered around exploration, not a story. Nobody talks much about everything they did while swimming all the time now do they? It's an activity you do, not something you talk about.

Honestly I fall under the C category. This is the first game I actively avoided all spoilers and Sup Forums and I'm so glad I did.

For me I avoided discussion because I felt I wanted to experience the game for myself, both in characters and gameplay. That's still true, but at this point I've put 24 hours into the game, so I'm a tad lenient. Still only at Zora's Domain, and that was an accident whilst exploring outside of Kakariko Village(fish ladies caught my attention, decided fuck it and went to meet Sidon).

My only disappointment so far is feeling like the most interesting parts of the plot already happened, and the characters I'd like to meet and interact with are already long gone by the time I started. Was a real bummer finding one of the spots for the memories and realizing those just unlock cutscenes of events that already happened.

It's like Metal Gear Solid V, where concessions are made in order to cater to the open world design, which is fine, the gameplay is still fantastic, but there's still that lingering feeling that I'm missing a huge chunk of game.

Nah.
Worst fan base on the board are Kojima fanboys, then Platinum fans, then Taro fans.
I say this as someone that likes all of them. The fanbases are obsessed and think they can do no wrong

I'm still playing BotW and haven't been participating in threads about it. If anyone is concerned about spoilers though, that seems silly as the story is pretty minimal and all very predictable.

The game is good, easily one of the best games I've played from recent years. I don't know if its GOAT material or not, I wouldn't make a call like that until I'm at least done playing through it, but it's certainly gonna be ranked highly in my own pantheon.

Where do SMT and Persona fans fit into that?

The game is dead in terms of discussion because it has ZERO replayability. The joy of BotW comes from exploring and discovering things for the first time. This joy is totally missing from subsequent playthroughs. No one wants to bust their ass climbing mountains with early-game stamina again. No one wants to find all of those shrines and Korok seeds again. Only the most supreme of autists would put themselves through that shit.

The game has zero variation. No random encounters or events, something other open world games like The Elder Scrolls learned are a key part of the experience a long time ago. The game doesn't even have that good of a story to bring people back into the game a second time because it's so sparsely told.

BotW was great but there's nothing there to keep it going. Without anything to spice up multiple playthroughs and no fulfilling postgame/NG+ to keep people playing, there's literally no reason to play it again. The joy of playing it shines brightest the first time through and loses almost all of that luster once you finish.

No, I just don't argue with retards who have nothing better to do than worry about metacritic scores so they can shitpost about it on the internet.

Every faggot who legit got upset at the score dropping ONE POINT, needs to stop breathing, and that includes you.

Everything can be completed, it just crashes a shit ton if you fast travel.

this actually explains a lot of the openworld meme games

Worst fanbase is by far Nintendo fans. It's not even a fucking contest here.

After the console / PC fanboys

>once single player game has been out long enough for everyone to beat it discussion dies down
really jogs my noggin

I'm only going to play the game once though. Why deal with those headaches when I can just wait a little longer for them to fix it? CEMU seems to be focusing on making BotW run as well as possible at the moment. I'll at least wait for them to putter out on that front.

Nah, definitely the sonybros.
You can see this from all their crying over how well the switch is performing

this. I enjoyed BOTW but it didn't WOW me like NieR did.

Thats for damn sure because Nintendo put no effort into the ending.

>Why does this happen?
Its supposed to happen with any game if there are frequent ongoing threads about it even weeks after released you know general material.

Nier probably got singled out because of the constant 2B booty threads and shit, althrough BotW has a lot of this with Zelda as well. I completely agree though BotW should be booted to /vg/ at this point. Persona 5 probably will get booted there soon because of the constant waifu threads. Mods on Sup Forums are very inconsistent and I really wish something would be done about it.

Being sold out everywhere is basically par for the course for Nintendo given they keep their stock low on purpose.

I noticed that the game is very fun at the beginning when you don't have armor or anything but by the end of the game, you are so overpowered that it's not fun anymore, enemies aren't a challenge anymore, you can easily earn 500 rupees in ONE minute, etc.

Of course, you can toss your stuff and play naked but still, the amusement is long gone.

Finding koroks isn't fun, it's tedious, and i'm not autistic enough to find 900 seeds of that shit, finding the shrines were more fun actually, sadly most shrines aren't challenging and the puzzles are too easy.

The "temples" were actually fun but they were too short, i actually liked them a lot but it's sad that only 4 divine beasts appeared in the game.

Sidequests are meh, sometimes they do feel like a chore.

Overall, it's a pretty good game, i give it 8.5.

Wow, I never thought I'd see a good description of how open world works.

>Nier probably got singled out because of the constant 2B booty threads and shit, althrough BotW has a lot of this with Zelda as well
You mean with Link right?
There's a billion fucking cross-dressing Link threads in the archive.

worst group is console war kiddos of all flavors

>It's just one point! Who cares about the ethical ramifications of intentionally lower your score to ruin an aggregate for the sake of pushing an agenda or to get clicks!
>Moving the goalposts
At least 8.8 had some method behind the madness, if you think a score from a guy who openly called people to steal Nintendo games should be accepted, you're off your rocked.

Par for the course when, despite being sold out everywhere, it's still the best first month sales Nintendo has ever had for hardware?

I got 175 hours into in 2 straight weeks

There's your supporting facts

That's a funny way of saying Sonyroaches.

Their only creed in life is 'if we can't have this fun thing, no one can.' Look at how they shat up the early Zelda threads with Horizon.

No one is crying about that, those are literal trolls trying to start shit you idiot.

What we got is Nintendo fans bragging about that shit nonstop, and everyone with a brain telling them to chill out as fast launch sales mean nothing, and to temper expectations. If that's trolling to you, then idk what to tell you.

Most PS4 owners are busy playing games to bother to make threads crying about the Switch selling.... 1/30th of what the PS4 has sold thus far. Quit being so delusional here. Nobody cares about this shit as much as you think they do.

Yeah those too, don't really pay attention to BotW threads since I've only played a few hours of it.

It's nothing to do with it dropping a point, it's the fact that someone who is biased and has no professional credibility can drastically alter a game's reception because he is asshurt.

The problem with the game is people are trying to find motivation to play it after completing all the shrines and story mode. Just drop it until the DLC comes out so you don't get burned out and sour your experience.

I kinda like that NieR:A makes you delete your save at the end because now I will remember the game fondly instead of overplaying it and resenting it in the end.

Not really surprising given that it released with a Zelda game as a launch title. If the Wii U had done the same it might have actually had a decent launch. Still would have ended up the same way. Splatoon 2 won't save the Switch either.

I can't get myself to finish my final Divine Beast. Don't really care to beat the fourth "blight" clone and, from what I hear, is a pathetically easy final boss.

Get a fucking life loser, there are bigger battles to fight out there than some fatfuck giving your favorite meme game a not 9.

Honestly, I wish he'd given it a 2 given the outrage.

It's on tack to sell 2 million in APRIL

2 FUCKING MONTHS AFTER THE GAME LAUNCHED.

Wii launched with a Zelda and the Switch sold more

It's already sold over 2 million like a month ago

>1 point difference
>drastically alter

Zelda fans are insane. I hate this fanbase so much.

A shame that Ganon was too easy, Nintendo could have done a real challenging boss but they just got lazy by the end, still, i really liked the final battle riding your horse, it was pretty hype.

>tfw want to play this but the console is too expensive in yurop

>1 point difference
>caused by ONE person out of 99 reviewers

It would have sold 3 million if it weren't for piracy.

>only 2 million
That's miserable

Just get a second hand Wii U, hack it, and pirate Zelda.

>Get blown the fuck out
>Can only resort to personal attacks
>Even goes to far as to validate the points i made out of spite.
You're funny, but only because you're so pathetic.

You might just be retarded user

You would be shocked by movie critics, never leave your safe space friendo.

Also, I hope you sperg out about this shit in public, I'd love to see normies laugh at your face for caring this much.

2 extra million as everyone that buys a switch is getting it.

selling tripple the amount of horizon:the boring ubi game, not the racer.

This is why it has only sold 2 million so far, all these calls to steal it.