So this is SMT the brutal and dark dungeon crawling series that was too hardcore for Persona fans

So this is SMT the brutal and dark dungeon crawling series that was too hardcore for Persona fans..
Impressive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dB_PVPyn6n8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks can be deceiving

My waifus are a bit different.

She makes my homeslice bananacakes

There's a reason everyone says it's shit.
Nu-mainline team at Atlus has forgotten what made them great

Yukiko is in Strange Journey now.

Ain't it great?

High School Students in Antarctica dealing with their psychological issues together and going on dates when?

Special guest appearance from The Thing.

>it's the mascot

>brutal and dark dungeon crawling series
You're thinking Etrian Odyssey.

and even though they shat it up it is still to hardcore for Personafags

Isn't this a hallucination?

Yes

I appreciated Jonathan's cameo in P5

>tfw no big tittied strawberry blonde demoness gf

B-B-BUT IT DOESNT COUNT BECAUSE 4 IS FOR BABBIES
F-FUCK YOU

Meow!

MY MAID SERVICES ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT

*4A
4 on it's own was fine. It legitimately had some good points too.Yeah it wasn't Nocturne/Strange Journey, but it still felt like SMT.

I've never played an SMT game and have a 3DS. Where should I start?

Truly... the Dark Souls... of Persona...

SMT was never hardcore. No game where you can grind without limit is. At its absolute hardest, SMT was a test of patience. In Persona, at least, the schedule management creates a genuine challenge.

Vanilla 4 is braindead easy after Naraku though. How's it not for babies?
4 is fine. Don't start with Apocalypse, because it requires you to play 4 before.
Or you can just emulate the older games on PC.

It's not like mainline is filled to the brim with silly shit or anything. Nope, not at all.

What about soul hackers and Strange Journey?

The sheer edge.

>personafags ruined mainline
thanks waifufags

Nukiko

Don't worry SMTV will destroy waifusim 5 soon enough, sonybro

For SJ you'd have to own the original DS cartridge, and I've heard it's super rare and expensive these days. Just wait for the remake.
Soul Hackers is real good too, although it's technically not mainline SMT, but honestly most megaten are almost identical in terms of gameplay, so go for it. It has an okay story and great mechanics. A bit too easy, but fun.

If you can get a Ps2 Emulator and play Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2. (A spin off like Persona but considered one of the best in the franchise) if you can, while your at it nab a Raidou game, they aren't the best but I love them.

For 3Ds, get SMT4. There are a few gripes I have with it like the map being confusing and people complain about it being a weaker entry in the series but it's far from bad.

If you liked SMT4 and want to see everything that game established raped in front of your brutally for a better map and a polish on the combat system, SMT4A (Apocalypse) might be worth your time, but the story is so shit.

Lastly wait for Deep Strange Journey, provided Atlus doesn't fuck it up SJ is my favorite in the mainline and a remaster sounds nice. If not, DS emulator if you can run it. Good luck, if you need any help SMT has a /vg/ with some helpful folk but dont expect to not get bitten. they get a bit ornery.

I think SJ is one the free shop. Which is... Where I'd get it because I'm poor.

SJ is a DS game. I don't think DS ROM loading works properly on 3DS yet. At least it didn't the last time I checked.

Please post more goddess

4 is braindead easy yes, but the setting and story is some good shit. I still have strong memories of the one underground hospital, for some reason it was eerie as fuck. And some of the choices your presented with are pretty good.

What stats should I level up in Nocturne?

Damn. It's not.

Should I play Devil Survivor 1 and 2 and summoner?

There are more waifus in that one picture that I can count, though.

Should have saved them all from that last thread.

DeSu is not really a good representation of the series, the gameplay is very different from mainline SMT and in some ways it's even Persona-lite.

str and agi

Persona 5 had a lot of lines like these too. My gut reaction is that it's just the localizes taking liberties.

>the setting
It's just post-apocalyptic Tokyo. Again.
>story
It's just Law vs Chaos dickery. Again.
>choices
They're quite blatantly "+5 chaos points" or "+5 law points". My Flynn might have looked like some bipolar shizo trying to maintain some semblance of neutrality, jumping from obviously chaotic choices to obviously lawful ones throughout the game.

That other poster is a fag. Str>Vit>Agi and some in luck maybe because muh crits.

Vit increases HP and you use HP for physical skills.

last one I got

Righto, thank you

Or maybe it's because you're talking with demons and they dick around a ton when not trying to murder.

>posts picture with at least 7 semen drmons

youtube.com/watch?v=dB_PVPyn6n8

One of the best law routes in the franchise though.

I counted nine. You didn't leave out poor Mara did you? If you did your a real dick user!

Thank you kind sirs!

+5 Law/Chaos points is what the choices ultimately boil down to if you really wanna look at it that way, yeah. But that's kind of not the intention of the whole Law v Chaos subject. It's especially bad in 4 though because as you said, you HAVE to make choices that make you look like you're crazy because 4's neutral path doesn't exist due to a lack of actual neutral options.
Constantly flip-flopping from one extreme to another to achieve some kind of grey balance is really not how neutral should be represented at all, but then again you also had Isabeau being the neutral rep in 4, and she literally could not make up her mind about what to do at any point in the game.

>mara doesn't get glowy eyes.

I personally can't stand Apocalypse's battle system. The only other game in the series that I've played is IV, though. I'm trying to get into the series more.

Post the qt flat goth chick

Finished SMT4 yesterday and kind of hated it because I went full neutralfag and didn't know you had to complete a shitload of really interesting sidequests before the final boss. Navigation was fucking awful, the smirk system was fucking awful and the neutral route itself was fucking awful.

Been playing Apocalypse for a few hours and despite the Personashit leaking out, it seems to have fixed many of the flaws 4 had.

Recounted, 12 if you include Mara.
Something is fucking wrong with me, I'm going to bed now goodnight anons.

I'm a NEET. My mother is my only source of income and she's been really sick lately.
Since I'm 28 years old and have no job, girlfriend, car or house, I was wondering if I should go True Demon Ending on random strangers in my city and end it all.
Would that make Lucifer proud?

Agathion a cute

Luci has no need for weaklings like you.

Is this DLC only? I might have to buy that pack.

Actually in SMT you'd just be another person taking advantage of everything going to shit so you can fuck shit up. Would probably get oneshotted pretty early on or MAYBE combine with a demon and get one-shotted later.

what are the definitive, best SMT games?
I've always throught the art was cool and I don't mind the occasional RPG but never played any of them

I love the old-style first person dungeon crawlers so I started playing the Strange Journey but I never finished it because I'm lazy

SJ and IV.

Nocturne

Strange Journey, Digital Devil Saga and Soul Hackers.

>demons being wacky assholes is the same as generic anime beach episode bullshit
Frivolity is allowed in SMT, it's usually just handled with more taste. SMT2 has a whole bit with love potion shenanigans that's taken directly from A Midsummer's Night Dream, where characters from the play factor in as demons in the games. That's different to "typical anime beach scene".

Devil Survivor 1.

>implying nocturne isn't one giant beach episode with koolaid oceans

Atmosphere: Nocturne
Gameplay: Nocturne / Digital Devil Saga
Story: SMT2 / Persona 2
Dungeon Crawling: Strange Journey
Demon Recruitment: Soul Hackers
Characters: Persona 2 / Digital Devil Saga

SMT I & II

>generic anime beach episode bullshit

Have you even played the game?

Have you seen the OP?

>Chaos route always has the best gi-

Did he always have yellow eyes?

So the answer is no then. Stop talking out of your ass. You got tricked by OP like a retard.

Apocalypse is miles better than any other games when it comes demon recruitment, because it's actually not random bullshit like in all the previous titles and actually a sensible dialogue.
Soul Hackers has the best fusion mechanics and demon personalities.

Why? You have much more time than you need to complete the dungeins before your time expires, and anything else is just extra experience and personas.

why you lyin?

>demon recruitment
>random bullshit
I used to think this.

You mean the Faustian bargain of a good demon design being locked behind a stupid DLC quest?

Play the fucking game. It's a hallucination you gullible retard christ almighty stop acting like an authority on games you haven't played this is why I hate this place.

SMTIV:A Negotiations are no fun allowed and ridiculously bare bones. It's pretty much the same system P5 used and everyone agrees that's garbage.
Soul Hackers negotiations had a ridiculous amount of variety, actual stories, and even fucking minigames in them

Not only what demons ask you is random, like stuff about modern everyday life. But their answers are also random. I picked the same options when talking to the same demons and got different results.
Apocalypse negotiations are on entirely different level from anything before it.

So the beach episode doesn't count because it's Mephisto's illusion? lol

oh shit you finally looked it up, good for you

It was weird, this game was like Persona and Persona 5 was like SMT

nice backpedaling haha

>Persona 5 was like SMT
>tfw forced to play a chaosfag in P5

Stay, thou art so beautiful

All Apocalypse had was one line question - answer - one line response to your answer - one line question - answer - one line response to your answer with barely any variety in the questions, you have maybe like 20-30 questions per demon archetype total. That's boring as shit my man

>pot calling the kettle a nigger

You can go lawfag at the end, you just get the worst ending.

Just like all the other games.

I guess I don't find RNG as fun as you do.
I also liked how the questions demons asked were thematically appropriate, like Divine and Heralds often asked about faith etc. Although that was the case in Soul Hackers too. I also really liked how demons recognized you if you spoke to them before.

thanks for replying
I'll get on it, thanks for the suggestions

I really wish this meme hadn't spread. It made me think that P5 might actually be hardcore but instead it meant that I had 10x more handholding, a game that was easier on hard than the last one was on normal, barebones demon negotiation, and, the only good part, guns. And even then they were some asspull imagination guns.

It was neutral though.
First you beat up bunch of people who are all about "I can do whatever I want because I'm the best".
And then the last boss is Law side of "people shouldn't even start to think for themselves".

It's more like SMT than the previous two entries because it lets you re-start some battles when you die.