What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidDAngelo/20140625/219383/Breaking_the_NES_for_Shovel_Knight.php
youtu.be/xMB5FK2YMVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what don't you like about it?

You were born

Nothing, its one of the best indie games to be made, along with Hotline Miami and Risk of Rain

Op a shit, post more Mona

As far as I can tell, nothing did. Been playing through Treasure Trove on the Switch, after years of not giving the game a shot. On Spectre of Torment now, and I've been having a blast.

When's the King Knight campaign?

They tried to rip off a shitty NES game, not a good one.

The only thing they did wrong was make such an amazing game their first shot. Now they have this incredibly high standard that they themselves may not be able to keep.

My only negative is about the devs, not the game itself. During the last AGDQ (autistic gentlemen dicking queers) they were "guests" and didn't really seem interested. Then they said they started modifying the game to be more speedrunner friendly, then were surprised at every little trick the speedrunners were doing. So they either lied or the entire game was a fluke. So we will see if they can do it again.

Hopefully their success will show other indie devs that you CAN make your retro game limited by actual retro hardware and still make a great game. Indies now with scaling sprites that rotate resulting in edges at 45 degrees make me vomit.

EBIN pixel graphics, so original!

no Tinker Knight campaign. Specter's campaign has also shot my expectations of King Kinght's one up extremely high,I won't settle for anything less

What would Tinker's campaign even play like? Little Nemo?

>they said they started modifying the game to be more speedrunner friendly, then were surprised at every little trick the speedrunners were doing. So they either lied or the entire game was a fluke. So we will see if they can do it again.

No, they aren't hypocritical. The devs make a mention how during playtests, they had found a bug that would greatly aid speed runners, but they took it out anyway under the presumption that runners were going to find something even more amazing.

But dev calls are cancer. Why would you want Mom back seat driving while you are Initial D'ing? Shit just make you cringe.

>you CAN make your retro game limited by actual retro hardware and still make a great game.

Shovel Knight does actually break a lot of limitations to have it not break.

gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidDAngelo/20140625/219383/Breaking_the_NES_for_Shovel_Knight.php

However you can still make a pretty nice looking/sounding game on the original hardware as shown in youtu.be/xMB5FK2YMVA

Calm down autist.

no

Wasn't put in Sm4sh

this faggot

The game would have been so much better if they had drawn it all in this style rather than resorting to pixels.

>spectre STILL not out on wii u

Maybe try the jap version? Playing just fine on my 3DS.

>being a Europoor
that must suck

go away seizui
nobody likes your shit art style or characters when the spritework is really impressive

Nothing.

All 3 campaigns are good, the gameplay is tight and the artstyle is decent.

It's literally the only good 2d platformer beside rayman

No I'm a leaf

But this is wrong. Just boot the game a few times and the update should start. I don't know why it doesn't the first time

weird,the USA has had it for awhile now

Cool tech demo, but the gameplay looks too simple and repetitive