GTA V or GTA IV?

GTA IV is a fucking amazing game.

But I hate those people who say "IV is so much better than V" - fuck off. They're both amazing and you should play them both, but V made some amazing improvements from IV. The graphics are so much better. The setting is so much more impressive and enjoyable, and less depressing. The three protagonists is a genuinely great evolution of the game. And of course V is so much bigger and more varied than IV - you've got so many more different types of environments.

Everyone can have a favourite I guess. I personally prefer V. But I still love IV and I replay both of them. You really do need to play them both.

>IV or V

San Andreas

The missions are awful in IV but the physics are so much better.

For me it's probably

V > IV > San Andreas > Vice City > III

Yes, that is reverse chronological order.

I do think they've gotten better with time.

I don't understand how. Rag-doll physics are not that realistic. Most people do NOT lose ALL muscle control upon the slightest impact. They only do if the impact is hard enough to sever the brainstem.

V has more realistic physics in my opinion.

4 is objectively better than 5, but it doesn't really feel like a GTA.

GTA IV has lots of boring missions, a shit map and obviously worse graphics... but it's superior to V in everything else.

I never said they were more realistic ya goof. IV's are better because they're more fun to play around with

>muh realism

put san andreas behind V and IV behind Vice City and I agree

but in V, people turn into ragdolls when you shoot them or tap them with your car. In IV they stumble around and grab at nearby objects for support. I think the cops still do this in V, but not the civilians, which is extremely annoying.

>obviously worse graphics

This is not a real life photo.

and also is not a vanilla GTA IV

these enb graphics mods look like shit in motion though. Why even bother posting them? they're only good for cherrypicked screenshots.

There is literally ZERO reason to play GTA IV.
>the worst missions in the history of GTA
>everything is piss yellow or gray in the foreground, with eyerape bloom in the background
>horrendous driving that tries to be "realistic" when it forgets that gta games have always been arcadey
>tryhard edgy story with characters no one cares about, whereas people are still in love with the gangsters from GTA SA

If you're going to drop the arcade gameplay of the past games, you might as well play V. At least that doesn't look like complete shit

>b-but muh bad havoctier phyics
mod it in

>BUT MUH BANHHAMER
don't pretend like you still play GTA IV online

you are cherrypicking, also not vanilla

IV is so fucking boring though.

No other GTA game is worth playing because what you see is what you get.

V is THE ONLY open world game that makes exploration worthwhile. Literally ANYTHING can happen. Even things you would never have dreamed about in a video game

>lol that doesn't count its a mod

Mark my fucking words. In 10 years people will be getting nostalgic as fuck with V and overlooking all of its flaws just like what's happening now with the kiddies who started GTA with IV (aka nuanons)

the fact that there are UFO easter eggs is so good . It's a fucking game not a simulator

The only thing I can objectively say is better in 4 over 5 is euphoria. Fuck Rockstar for getting rid of shit like blowing out knees and shooting hands to disarm people.

Red Dead 2 is going to disappoint me just because that shit will probably be gone there too.

Otherwise it's all subjective. 4 and 5 have the same problem with repetitive mission design. and stupid stories.

you just keep cherrypicking with lucky pictures, don't you? go play GTA IV you cock gobbling whiteknight

if you're using mods there's literally no reason to not use the most recent gta

Don't you have more shark cards to buy? Why are shitposting on Sup Forums?

>implying I don't get my friend to spawn me money
it's almost.. it's almost like you're underage

GTA V has shit for mods though. GTA SA and GTA IV have all of the best mods.

>my subjective opinion is that 4 is better than 5
There you go, I fixed that objectively wrong statement for you familia.

Nah I prefer IV to those other two 2bh. But fair enough. I can respect different opinions.

From my experience playing both, they turn into ragdolls much easier in IV.

You're right, it's a heavily modded version of the game.

Yes, you are right. It doesn't count because it is a mod.

Exactly true user.

>playing gta v online

You're the underage here.

Am i the only one that thought 4 was dog shit?
>everythings grey
>no personality MC
>all cars felt like boats
>cops are useless
>very little customizations
>story line was bland

V was a massive improvement.

san andreas does, but IV only has effort into making its lighting not look like complete fucking gray garbage, ala

and even those mods are a blurry fucking mess with glitched shadows/textures

>>worst missions in the history of GTA
That goes to GTA V, son.

>that mission with the stolen boat were you do nothing but drive behind your target while something flashy happens onscreen
>that mission were you operate a cargo crane

Fucking awful.

what do you play then user? that's right, you won't tell me in fear of being called out on it. and if you do, you'll name a random edgy old game nobody give a fuck about so you can feel elitie

>my subjective opinion is that you are wrong

Underage get out.

i don't play gta games for missions. I literally never see anything past the opening cutscene. I use them as an autistic driving simulator, obeying traffic laws and shit.

in that sense, GTA V has the most impressive astonishingly detailed open world of any game I have ever seen. The amount of custom animations and textures is absolutely ludicrous. It must have taken hundreds of fucking people, and it blows me away every single time. It is a fucking gigantic feat for video games to see a world this fleshed out. Even if I think the city could have been bigger, I honestly still get lost all the time. So many little nooks and crannies. It's the only thing GTA games get right, and that's the only reason I feel they've gotten better over time.

Plus throw in some reshade? Tweak the lighting a bit? Damn glorious looking game

It's decent "turn your brain off" fun, to be fair.

GTA IV is so repetitive that it's missions all blend in to one monotonous blur. The only one that's memorable is the bank heist and even V's online heists are more fun than that trash mission.

>even V's online heists are more fun than that trash mission.

Yup sure are f-AN ERROR HAS OCCURED WITH ROCKSTAR SERVER. RETURNING TO GRAND THEFT AUTO V

Why are there no planes you can pilot in GTA IV? Is it a 9/11 thing?

IIRC it was more about inexperience with the new engine so they stuck with helicopters which were easier to implement.

GTA3 originally had a mission for flying a plane into a building, but that got cut due to 9/11 stuff, plus the plane controls for the existing plane were complete ass.

Personally, I liked the fact that most of the missions were shooting galleries. The combat is the best in the series, so it's only natural that I wanted more of it.

I haven't played III since I was like 8 so I'm excluding it

Story:

VC = SA > IV > TBOGT > V > TLAD

Graphics/engine:

V > IV > SA > VC

Physics:

IV >>>>>> V

Music:

VC > SA > IV > V

V was blockbuster garbage, literally let's just throw in tons of explosions to hide the fact that the game is a shallow mess, with less content than its predecessors, cars that handle like go karts (and don't bother to bring IV up, I'm not even comparing it to that), shitty story with under developed protagonists

also if you bring up multiplayer you're a cocksucker, GTA was never about multiplayer, also unofficial mp in previous games is better than Rockstar's no fun allowed shark card shop

I can agree that 4s missions aren't super flavorful. But can you seriously say they are worse than 5s? That games writing was awful. They really fucked up the whole 3 character thing. Should've just stuck with micheal honestly. When they removed those physics they took a lot of fun out of the gunplay. 5s map looks good but I'd like to interact more with the environment. I don't just want to look at shit in a video game. 4 actually had a pretty good climbing system you could shimmie up bridges, pull yourself up on fire escapes, leap across rooftops. I'd rather do things like that than swim under water and look at coral reefs or some shit.