The Great Debate

Which one is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DV9kg-M1RJw
youtu.be/muJYTeQlvC4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've only played the second game.

Is this really a debate? I thought most people agreed that one was better. I still enjoyed 2 a lot though

the first is better but the second had better gameplay.

I haven't played the first one. Do I get a daughter who's smile I can protect in the first one?

I like that infinite isn't even in the discussion.

Infinite

1 for plot/original

2 for better gameplay

Infinite for disappointment and waifu-fagging

The first one

>Why?
Because the Bioshock gameplay is shit. All it really had going for it was the story, the unique setting and the absolutely drenching atmosphere.

When you go back to it, the enemies are all bullet sponges that don't react to being hurt; the random enemy spawns are all predictable and it's far more linear than it pretends to be.

2 itself isn't the problem, but rather the series gameplay was already beginning to become tiring by the end of Bioshock 1, and then Bioshock 2 asked the player to do even more.

Bioshock 1 was an experience. You play it once. You experience it once. Never touch it again or you'll spoil your memories.

1, but 2 has better gunplay

2 for gameplay and music
1 for everything else

youtube.com/watch?v=DV9kg-M1RJw

>ATMOSPHEREFAG TIER
Bioshock 1
>GAMEPLAYFAG TIER
Bioshock 2
>ABSOLUTE RETARD TIER
Infinite

I feel you should always rate games on themselves and mainly on their gameplay
for that reason, bioshock 2

/thread

2 is underrated.

Storyfag vs. gameplayfag

2 is the better video game and has more replay value.

People only play 1 because of the story and "innovation" which are only good for the first time you play it.

2 refreshes the gameplay a fair bit by adding the ability to use weapons and plasmids simultaneously though.
I agree with 1's gameplay becoming tiring, but I think 2 added enough that it wasn't a chore, at least for me.

I'm actually doing my annual playthrough of the series right now, playing the remasters for the first time. Personally I have more fond memories of 1 and I much prefer its story, but 2 isn't actually that far behind in that respect and has much better gameplay. I'd honestly call it a tie, just boils down to what you like more.

I really have to disagree. The combat heavily utilizes the environment, there are various possible builds, and logical progression. What games would you suggest have better combat? I will agree the game is has predictable spawns, but I can't agree that linearity is always a bad thing. It's not pretending to be open-world, it's just merely good at making things stay fresh. Obviously if you're familiar with the game it won't be as interesting the second time around.

I tried replaying it a few months back, couldn't understand why I used to enjoy that shit so much. It's absolutely terrible from a gameplay perspective.

Times change

Minerva's Den

>Gone home devs
>better

Minerva's Den > all

who cares if the game was better

The first one both story and gameplay wise.

only plebs preffer 1

SS1 is the best in the series tho

I'm planing to give this a third try. First time I didn't get far, the second try my hdd died a couple of hours in. SS2 is still superior in every way.

Although the overall story from 1 is better, i think the characterization of 2 is better. They arent all exagerated like in 1 (although it was kinda the point of the characters in 1).

The relation with eleanor fells real, so does the one with the black woman and that guy who was totally going to betray you.

That being said, minervas den has the best story, character, twist, levels and gameplay in the fucking series.

tpbp

>Feel like Sinclair is going to dog me throughout the entire game.
>He never does.

Bioshock 1. Series lost it's unique/mysteriousness after that.

Not even a debate, 2 is better in every way

Dad simulator > all

>Getting the neutral ending in 2 for the first time.

He still screwed Delta over by making him into what he is

Rest now, your time is done.

>this webm
and yet, they managed to fuck up elizabeth sidekick mechanic from infinite.

this Tbh

System Shock 2

wich one is that? the one where delta realizes he shuts down if he leaves rapture?

gameplay aged like milk

It's when you choose to sacrifice yourself. and then Elenor drags you to the ledge to touch the water one last time.

Nah!
You just know how to cheese it now. It's the same for me with Morrowind.
I can become a god within the first 30 minutes, and beat the game in another hour.
I can speedrun most of my old FPS games, Quake(s) included. Does not mean that the gameplay is bad.

Quake's movement, general gunplay and enemy responsiveness makes it still a pleasure to play though.

In System Shock 2 every weapon except maybe the grenade launcher feels just terrible to use and the only enemy which actually seems to have some sort of sense are the cyborg assassins because they actually react to you.

this pretty much
i really enjoyed playing bioshock 2. even got the plat on it going trough the multiplayer until i reached level 50 and got that fucking OP plasmid.

>every time you kill a high level player yu need to stay around it's body for 5 seconds to kill him again.

They also never fixed the out of the map bugs that let you carry the little sister to a unreachable place unless you know a certain path.

Besides that the multiplayer was kinda fun.

I think i might get the bioshock collection, i never got around to plat the first one or play any of the 3 games DLCs.

Are they any good? Hows bioshock collection does it include all the dlc?

this
we need more games were you play as a dad figure
rescuing your girl/wife/gf gets boring

We have plenty of those. Father/daughter relationship adventures are incredibly common. Now Father/Son, Mother/Son, Mother/Daughter games are rare.

Last of Us
Walking Dead

asura's wrath
nier

literally 3 movie games and a localization swap

This. There is practically no mother/son games. Also we need more father/son and I mean actual father son and not the oh my son/father got kidnapped/dissappeared/was some past hero etc. bullshit they always pull. I'd much have one were you actually converse and bond in realistic ways

AM I the only one that played the amazing multiplayer in 2 for a year straight? Is it still alive? capture the flag was so much fun

So the little boy who had a doomed romance with a Little Sister got wrecked by her Big Daddy, didn't he?

You also refuse to let her take your Adam because you killed a little girl you sick fuck, and you want her to find a better path.

Poor kid. No one could blame him, they're fucking adorable.

It's just a nice story. But sadly, the Big Daddy wouldn't have understood he meant no harm.

1 easily. I was huge fan of bioshock when it came out, finished it over and over, got bioshock 2 thought it was alright, not as great as the first though. Infinite comes out and i outright boycott that shit, city flying in the clouds? what the fuck cunt, finally got it 3 years later and holy fuck, i dont understand why it gets so much hate here, i thought it was one of the best games ive ever played

I don't agree with you in any way, shape or form.

Because they changed shit so much during development and released a bunch of varied gameplay clips. It ended up being worse than some of they iterations which was led to massive dissappintment. Watch the CrowbCat vid that show it youtu.be/muJYTeQlvC4

That's weird since 2 has the best waifu since she isn't your daughter and is constantly trying to help you before getting her rage mode instead of making up reasons to hit you with books or drown you

Infinites story up to the retard plot twists was basically 2s with more Disney sequences and GOLLY GOSH HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL RACIST ITS LITERALLY 18SOMETHING

2s multiplayer can suck a cock though, hope you like shock + crossbow because everyone runs it

really shitty shooting+obvious waifubait+really shitty story+shitty plasmids

Reminder that infinite just tries to recicle eleanor and failed miserably
>Girl with a whole cult around her
>Shes supposed to take over the world when she grows older.
>Abused by her only parental figure who is fucking insane.
>Till another parent figure pops up to save her
The difference is that we see a very natural and sincere relationship with eleanor forming, while elizabeth is forced as fuck. Which is funny as eleanor isnt deltas biological daughter, and elizabeth is the daughter of dewitt.

Bioshock 2 was better for gameplay in every single way, and it's story was nearly as good as the first just without the meme twist. Even ignoring the gameplay I had more fun in 2 because I was a goddamn big daddy looking for my little sister, top tier immersion without even having to try. 10/10 with drill rush movement options, rivet gun, and spear gun. I even liked the segments where you had to set up camp and protect your little sister because they gave you so many fun tools that were actually useful on the higher difficulties.

It's also great how the sequel made by some division of the company with no input from Levine and it turned out better than the original, and he was butthurt enough to go out of his way to make it non canon in Infinishit.

also forgot Eleanor >>> Elizabeth

>using rocket spear ammo
>watching bodies and splicers fly all over the place

Wait 2 is non canon in infinite? Why?

>I even liked the segments where you had to set up camp and protect your little sister because they gave you so many fun tools that were actually useful on the higher difficulties.

Fuck, those bits were so great. You got to turn the environment into your own personal splicer hellhole and watch those faggots walk into a million trips.

DLC retconned a bunch of stuff with big daddy lore with Gil Alexander and pair bonding, and the timeline of the events with Eleanor and Lanb being in Rapture weren't possible anymore. Levine hated the game and always refused to mention it whenever possible. But with how vague and faggy the Infinishit ending is you could just argue that Bioshock 2 was a different universe I guess.

It's not a *shock game, just a CoD clone with a garbo story.

What a fucking salty hack. Dumb asshole wishes he could make a daughteru as huggable as Eleanor.

So, Gil is going to feast on endless amounts of ADAM on the sea floor and become a world ending monstrosity.

What do you expect from a kike, he ran the company into the ground and bailed.

>playing a game for anything other than gameplay

lmao

How are the remasters now that they have had time to patch them?

>watching a movie for anything other then visuals
>reading a book for anything other then a font choice

You get a bunch in the Good Ending

Everything is fine for me so far, except an audio bug I encountered when meeting Tenenbaum for the first time.

did they fix the character models for Tennenbaum, Fontaine/Atlas in the remastered?

The whole fucking point of video games is player interaction.

If that doesn't feel good you might as well just have a movie or a book

What about something like investment via conscious decision? It's not strictly gameplay but it differentiates from movie/novel. There's also elements of pacing and scope and lots of other things that aren't possible or practical for other mediums.

2 is better.

It has better gameplay and a plot that doesn't fall apart in the second half like B1's did.

It also handled morality better since you don't instantly become the devil for harvesting one little sister.

>and a plot that doesn't fall apart in the second half

I like to pretend that that didn't happen

I also liked how you actually decide the fate of some NPCs, although they coulda had some negative repercusions for saving one of them I think. I mean there's practically no downside to being good in this game.

>set enemy on fire
>fire a heat-seeking rpg

>tfw every game with a mother figure ends up with her being either irrelevant or dead

For fuck's sake. I just want an adventure with me and my mother supporting each other through it.

>you can't save Augustus Sinclair

If it did happen, it would be a tale of revenge as you go on a quest to find and kill the man who raped your mother while she was on her way to her fourth full time job to support you because your worthless deadbeat alpha male dad left her.

>Eleanor will never have a daddy and a super cool uncle

This

You can, however, release the thing that was once Gil Alexander into the ocean.

booker cetch

Just like one game critic said: "I'm ashamed to admit it might actually transcend the formula. Just as the original had a surprisingly intelligent undertone that deconstructed the very nature of linear gameplay, Bioshock 2 is a sophisticated satirization of the very concept of a sequel that HAR HAR I'm just messing you. It's a knock-off piece of shit."

>meme twist
THIS.

There's more to story than it's twist. Bioshock 2 has a much better story with a lot more substance than the original, where as the original has a very mediocre story that hinges entirely on it's twist.

Plot wise, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock 1 are like KOTOR 2 and KOTOR 1, respectively.