Only one can continue

Who?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-03-new-article-on-konami-paints-a-bleak-picture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_producer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kojiemon

Kojima

Anyone who says otherwise has a different opinion than I do.

>Taro just dropped the hottest game of 2017
>Meanwhile Kojima has made nothing but absolute shit since MGS3
Gee, I wonder.

Have we ever see them in the same room at the same time?

Sans... don't even know who the other guy is

Kojima. The insecure little faggot included a shota and ruined his game with shite gameplay and characters that mean absolutely nothing.

>Taro just dropped the hottest game of 2017

KEK

Nier was already overrated as fuck, but making people play through multiple times is pure bullshit. I just finished the B arc and it was awful.

Taro is improving while Kojima hasn't made a good game since MGS3 and literally non ironically wants games to be movies.

Kojima's a hack who hasn't made anything worthwhile in so long. He just tweets about all the perks of being overrated and spending money talking with people about how cool it is to make things.

I like them both. I want them to get married and do cute things with each other while dressed up as cute girls!

>Taro is improving
Kek. Kek. Kek.
Kojima wants to have full creative control and give a good story that has gameplay so you can experience it all the way he imagined it.

Metal gear 5 would be GOTY if it wasn't for Konami.

Neither

Why do you type like a retarded frogposter? MGSV was the biggest waste of a game ever until FFXV came along. Kill yourself MGS4 was awful too.

Besides the gameplay, that was programmed and designed by people other than Kojima, everything else was fucking retarded. The open world, the story, the characters, the missions, basically everything he was in charge of.

He might be an interesting addition to a team, but giving him absolute power is like pouring time and money into a hole that just spits out unfinished pretentious trash

Fuse them together

Did you even read what was said? I clearly stated, if Konami wasn't involved, it'd be GOTY. When did I say it was good? Pure fucking Autism.

Yoko Taro.
If kojima would stop shoehorning terrible hollywood actors like gayman fetus or god forbid show some actual gameplay from your new studio then maybe we can talk.

Death Stranding is going to be hot garbage like his last two games because Kojima doesn't like, talks or even care about videogames anymore. I liked Automata even though I didn't like any other Taro game I tried (NieR and DoD3) but after watching some interviews with the guy and from his social media posts I'd rather have a person that likes videogames working on them instead of of the guy doing it because he wanted to be a movie director and didn't work out.

Taro isnt improving at all. all automata accomplished was rehashing the formula. all improvements are given by having platinum.

I'd still give him a big budget and see if he can tell a coherent story in 1 playthrough

Tetsuya Takahashi
The man has been working on his 23-part magnum opus since 1998 and everyone is blind to it

Okay, shill like a pro. Who dat?

Takahashi's stories are becoming worse and worse every time to a point he's past a simple shounenshit territory.

He also does nothing interesting with video games as a medium.

The way Automata used the medium as a way of delivering a very simple "life isn't meaningless" wasn't found in the first. The first was a "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" kind of game. In my opinion the android's struggle to find meaning was done better than NieR's "whoops I doomed mankind" and ending E communicated the message very well, while in the first game you had to get the supplementary material to properly put in perspective the protagonist's actions. Both are good at driving their message home but in my opinion Automata did it better, even though I prefer the characters from the first game.
What I'd like is for Taro to abandon NieR and go do something else that isn't mobile garbage.

>if it wasn't
That's a poor excuse. We have a product and it's a shit product. Everything else is secondary.

>people praise this shit
>mfw storytelling in videogames

Taro has only made one good game in his life. I think Kojima got this.

>people actually like different stuff instead of all thinking the same
It's shocking, I know, but there's a world outside your parent's basement.

>both talentless hacks who only produce a decent game once every 2 decades out of pure luck

Why the fuck are you in a thread about Kojimbo and Taro then, retard? Go enter a bayonetta or dick souls thread.

Yes the writing is no Dante and Cicero but books and film are incapable of doing what Automata and MGS2 did.

It's not a poor excuse whatsoever. Konami is the definition of Shill. Are you okay in the brain? They made it BAD.

Taro.

I can't see anyone defending Kojima after MGSV.

Kojima is an overrated hack who lost all sparks of creativity after MGS3 or arguably even MGS2. He's pretentious, he basically wants to direct high-budget, retarded movies.

Taro has much more creativity in his works. Automata is probably one of the most important games for the entire medium right now as it actually delivers a clear, powerful, positive fourth wall breaking message and perfectly ties it with narrative plus constantly uses creative ways of player interactions with the world like 2B's maintenance session that can be turned into a cute flirt with 9S, with you being able to see 9S reaction to it on a second route.

Phil Fish was right, the problem is that western games always end up so generic that nobody cares about them.

Still, I'd pick Horizon Zero Dawn as game of the year over Nier: Automata. Forced disabilities when you are powerful enough to wipe out anything is bad writing.

>2B flirt with 9S

The shota ruined the game and the game was still shit before that. Opinion discarded.

Taro's made one good game, one average game, and nothing but shit besides it.

Kojima's done Snatcher, Policenauts, all the Metal Gears, Zone of Enders---

Kojima has made more good games than Taro.

>complaining about the run when you've had hours to recognize how the geography works and can look at your map to plan a route

The only people hating based 9S are hopeless, tasteless waifufaggots who expected some /u/ garbage from Automata. Begone with your shit taste and never come back.

To laugh at anyone that follows videogames for their story.
An industry full of Sonic fanfiction-tier writers taking advantage of the fact that even the plot of a Transformers movie would be considered genius in videogames.
And you all eat this shit up.

Yoko Taro peaked in DoD 1.

DoD 1 had better story, better characters, fucked up music and had the best endings.

Everything after that was good, but 1 was the best in my opinion

Taro will probably never be nearly as good as Kojima at his best. But that Kojima is long gone and he's now just a cinephile that thinks games should be movies. Death Stranding is going to be awful.

What did they do that's worth praising or valuable?
Did it add to the story?

>Kojima's done
>Snatcher,
Blade Runner and Terminator rip-off
Policenauts,
Mel Gibson is crying
>all the Metal Gears,
John Carpenter is calling
>Zone of Enders---
Not even his game as it was written and directed by Noriaki Okamura and had his name just slapped last moment for cheep marketing.

never played a game by either

left guy seems like a fucking hack though
celebrities and videogames are a stupid combination

I think people are just disillusioned since Kojima hadn't had any chances besides making Metal Gears for the past 10 or 15 years and how the last ones had a lot of potential but ended up being disappointing

>based 9S
How old are you and why is your opinion absolute shit? He's edgy and tasteless. He doesn't belong in the game whatsoever and just ruins it.

>he's now just a cinephile that thinks games should be movies
What are you talking about?
MGSV is the closest thing to a videogame he's ever made, the rest are just pretentious and badly written movies with a gameplay segment thrown every now and then.
Not that MGSV was well written because videogames will never have good writing.

Integrate player interaction into the story.

They used the medium in a way only videogames can to deliver their message and narrative in innovative ways. If you like videogames that is praiseworthy.

Don't bother people don't like story in their games on Sup Forums

>a person who lost everything dear to him decided to take revenge despite actually being horrified by what he's doing and going through a major mental breakdown
>this somehow makes him edgy
Play the game first, user.

Taro: Good stories, bad gameplay
Kojima: Good stories, great gameplay

Does any game NOT do that? (aside from games with no story, of course)

What?
MGS2's entire message, is smeared on your face during cutscenes.

See user, that would make sense if it was a different director, but since it was Taro, it was intended to be edgy and deep.

You're going through a mental breakdown thinking this is a good character and back story. Play a good game first, user. (And not the same one 5 times over just to have the complete experience)

Automata did meta narrative better than MGS2 did it

>And not the same one 5 times over
Aww, shitposter doesn't even know what he's talking about, that's cute.

I was talking more about NieR in that one. Since agency is a huge part of both NieR and Automata's narrative, and agency isn't really able to be explored in books and movies due to the simple fact that they aren't interactive. MGS2 integrated traditional video game design and even interface into its storytelling which is also something you can't do without it being in a videogame.

>Taro: Good stories, bad gameplay

That will change since he likes Platinum games and might collaborate with them more

>Kojima: Good stories, great gameplay

More like awful stories, great gameplay. There was no good story in Phantom Pain

If Kojima's next game won't be amazing his hack status will be confirmed. As with Taro, I doubt he has nearly as much creative control as Kojima.

>That will change since he likes Platinum games
Platinum worked on Automata and it didn't go well.

>MGS2
>meta narrative
You mean the obvious massage that's spelled out to you in the last minutes of the game or the "meta" that exists only in the head of the most delusional fanboys?

Yeah, Kojima traveling around, taking pictures of foodm and courting the joost surely didn't cut into budget. That's all Konami's fault!

>doesn't even know what he's talking about
Aww, Shota fag doesn't understand what a random number is.

Make it easier

>obvious massage
there wasn't a massage in my copy?

>Automata did meta narrative better than MGS2 did it

This is just straight up wrong and you should be ashamed of making such a bait statement

>Platinum worked on Automata and it didn't go well.

Am I missing something? What do you mean?

>taking pictures of foodm
Kojima taking pictures of food must have taken a huge chunk of the budget.
I mean, we all know that taking pics with your phone is a fucking fortune.

2B > quiet

Kojima doesn't handle the bulk of the budget. What?

Kojima wastes too much budget on actors.

Just go into movies already.

While Kojima did have input into Quiet's design the Nier designs were most likely done with minimal Taro input as the artist that did them is known for his ass and thigh designs.

Please, post numbers and sources regarding budget.

>Kojima doesn't handle the bulk of the budget.
>VP of the Konami game division and only producer in Kojima Productions
>dosen't handle finances of his own project.
And people call Inafune a businessman.

This, I don't even have to choose who can continue. Kojima will leave games to do movies voluntarily pretty soon.

Call of Duty has had in it people like Kiefer Sutherland himself, Kevin Spacey, Jeff Goldblum, Idris Elba, Ron Perlman, Jason Statham, Michael Keaton and Sam Worthington.
Do you know how much they spent totally on VAs, from COD1 to Black Ops 3?
5 million dollars.

You have absolutely no idea of how budget works, or how much things cost.

No, he doesn't, those choices are made by a board, not by a single person.
Then again, I don't expect Sup Forums to have a single idea of how businesses works.

You don't have a single idea or source about what you talk about, you just pretend your own assumptions are facts.

>Then again, I don't expect Sup Forums to have a single idea of how businesses works.
He's LITERALLY the producer i.e the person that handles the financial side of the project.

>What do you mean?
I mean that Nier Automata has shit combat and boring sub quests. Gameplay is certainly not its strength.

Ending E is one of the few good things of Automata though
A is pretty weak due to 2B having almost no character and the antagonists being weak
C was very good until the infodump ending

Kojima tells his stories through cutscenes, so he might just move to movies and tv series at that point
Taro at least utilises gameplay to tell his stories

>story in his games loses importance with each entry
>keeps talking more and more about games
>WOW JUST GO BACK TO MAKING MOVIES

Is this just ignorance, or do people seriously think that just because you know how to make videogames you magically know how to make movies?
He won't do it, he of all must know that Hollywood is a big, fat joke right now, and in videogames he has a reputation, he would be completely new in movies.

Not to mention that he has literally no experience regarding movie making.
Not a single one of his stories could be adapted properly to cinema, not a single element of MGS could be translated well into movies.

How is that bad, we can't have the same robotic anime expressions forever.

>Taro
>Shit gameplay

>Kojima
>Good gameplay

>He's LITERALLY the producer i.e the person that handles the financial side of the project.

You don't even know what a producer is and you expect me to eat up what you say?
Since when do producers handle budgets?
Seriously, since when does anyone but members of the board that's publishing you approve of budgets?

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-03-new-article-on-konami-paints-a-bleak-picture

How about a videogame that focuses on gameplay alone instead of telling some pretentious and badly written story that only people who read MLP fanfiction would think it's good?

you can just undust your gameboy and pop a tetris cartridge in

>Taro.
>Make one game people say is goty.
>It has shit gameplay.
>It's not actually goty, it won't win any gotys, but weebs have shit taste.
>Every other game you make is shit.

>Kojimbo.
>Hasn't made a worthwhile game in over 10 years.
>But, at one point made some gotys.

Kojimbo blows, but Taro hasn't made a good game yet. I would say kill them both on principle, but Kojimbo has it least one more Turd squeeze out. Kill Taro 100% of the time regardless.

>A video game producer is the person in charge of overseeing and funding development of a video game
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_producer

Eat shit

Only thing I get from that article is that Konami abuses it's employees.
I asked for sources and numbers.
How much did Kojima spend on actors?
How much did he spend on Joosten?
How much did he spent on taking pictures of food?
How much does taking a picture of food cost, exactly?
Is Kojima allowed to spend budget from a game into that stuff?

Andddd /thread

36thpbp

He is not the only one.

Kojima can ask for an amount of money, but it's the board that approves of that and it's usage.
Then again, I really doubt Konami cares about what they release as long as it makes money.

When was the last time Kojima made a game that wasnt hot garbage? He cant even write for shit which is why we got abominations like MGS4's story and MGSV

Nobody in the videogame industry can write for shit.
It's an industry that gets satisfied by blockbuster-tier plots like TLOU or The Witcher 3, that's why no worthwhile writer will ever bother with videogames.

nihilistic enough to be a good shitpost

So what does this prove that he had no idea about his own budget? Or the entire budget of the division seeing as he was a VP? No MGSV was mismanaged to hell and he paid the price for it.