We want to kill off a major character to make our new protagonist seem wacky, edgy and unpredictable

>we want to kill off a major character to make our new protagonist seem wacky, edgy and unpredictable
>but we're too scared of the potential fan reaction to killing off Niko/Luis so let's just shit all over Johnny's character and pretend the TLaD ending never happened

Why do people like GTA V again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jS6kAKj8R9o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>taking a story in a Grand Theft Auto game this seriously

Hahahahahahahaha Johny ded Johny ded hahahbahhabbababhahaha!!!!!

He should've killed old CJ while ranting about niggers

Who gives a shit about anything to do with gta4?

Fits with his hillbilly trump supporter vibe

fuck off Sup Forums, stop making every thread about politics

Johnny was a shit character though.

Your just mad because he was a Jew

people who aren't 14 years old that can appreciate good storytelling and game mechanics

>Shit all over Johnny's character
Ashley could never get quit the drugs and Johnny could never get quit Ashley or whatever the fuck her name is.
It made perfect sense for both of their characters

>get quit

why do you keep saying this

>gta4
>good storytelling and game mechanics

>GTA4
>Good storytelling
Come on now kid, I know youngsters love to act and pretend they're ""mature"" but you're not going to convince anyone with that flimsy of an act, at least put some effort into it.

The writing is the worst part of GTA4 and arguably the worst in the series.

My original sentence was supposed to be "get off the drugs" but then I realized I could just write it as quit the drugs and it's 3 AM

oh fuck greentext and an anime vector you sure showed me

did you never see the ending of TLaD?

also i'm sure announcing Ashley's death on the radio that she later "died in a drug-fueled orgy full of old men LOL what a whore!" was totally in-line with her character and shows no bias against TLaD whatsoever

You're arguably the biggest faggot on Sup Forums.

>Greentext and an anime vector
You expected more in response to a blatantly ridiculous claim? You put in zero effort, that's exactly what you're getting in return.

There was nothing wacky about Jonny getting killed, Jonny is hardly what you'd call a main character, I don't think his DLC was received very well. You could see the roots of how he ended up in his game, anyway. Always obsessed with that slut even though she fucked everyone else in Liberty. I don't know, none of it seemed out of place. I find it hard to believe anyone likes Jonny or the brave and the bold or whatever all that much.

Care to elaborate on that statement, or are you just doubling down on the childish bullshit with a typical "n-no y-you!!"?

>did you never see the ending of TLaD?
Did you somehow think Johnny was above having a relapse with his addiction? I think you have to accept that former drug addicts will sometimes just fall back to their former ways.

I mean, Rockstar did it with TLaD so why can't we?

People that say iv had bad writing are contrarians trying to out contrarian the contrarians that defend IV in 2017.

>GTA4
>Good storytelling

It's you who was 14 years old when you played it. I bet you also think Halo and Gears of War are "classic" games.

This really destructed your poop chute, eh? Really tore a hole in the lining, as it were?

>good storytelling
The characters in that game bar Niko, Brucie and Roman were all extremely forgettable. Niko's story was about whining like a bitch for 20 hours and then whining some more once he got his way. All the antagonists were so awfully generic and interchangeable.
It's hateful when a series so chock-full of humor tries to take itself too seriously. Coming from San Andreas to 4 was like hitting an ugly, grey brick wall that didn't render until the last second.

No, it just has objectively shit tier writing.

get with the times, gramps. those games are literally over a decade old.

I'd take not being able to climb over car customization, more detailed character customization, planes, more weapons, weapon customization, more detailed and intricate missions, more side activities, a better online experience, better car mechanics, bycicles, jets,...

Yet you can't defend it without calling people names. If it's so great, then sell it to me, you hug-deprived child.

You're objectively an intellectually challenged pud tugger.

Very smooth there, champ. Replying to your own post and all.

It's a good game, unlike IV.

>alt-right character gets killed
>nu-Sup Forums gets triggered

alt-right posting is this decade's edgy emo posting

>You, go hook up with this illegal immigrant on the off-chance he commits a bunch of serious crimes so you can foist evidence off of him through some crazy shenanigans
>Oh shit, my possibly girlfriend is actually law enforcement and is asking me to hand over the drugs I just killed a bunch of people and cops to obtain, guess I'll just do as I'm told :^)
Quality writing friendo! GTA4 is literally the only GTA out of all of them that I actually couldn't finish because the writing was so fucking awful.

King of Kong is the best documentary.

I drove over ashley in the beginning, and later on Wade comments on how I killed her.

I wouldn't say that, it just had writing that didn't fit in a gta game.
In a cutscene Niko is pouring his heart out about how he doesn't like killing people but then you can make him kill literal hundreds of innocent on the way to a mission to kill even more people.
GTA V fixed this by not having the protags care about this but then they lacked character development, so Rockstar just decided to go all out on the stereotype and commentary they were doing and you end up with a character like Trevor.

>alt-right character
Oh fuck off. He was a jew, a drug addict and a gay biker. Stop trying to stir shit up.

>FUCK YOU YA FUCKIN' FEDS I'M NEVER HELPING YOU OUT AGAIN
>WELL OKAY MAYBE THIS LAST TIME BUT THAT'S IT FUCK YOU

>"Michael, we need you to do something for us"
>repeat

What's there to say? I think the writing is good. I enjoy the setting of slav-american worship but that's largely because I myself am a slav-american. some of the russian hip hop/pop channels are good. there's also the pitchfork-core channel with some good songs. The characters are well written. The story is decent though a bit heavy on the rockstar tropes - betrayal, unfortunate circumstances, so on. All around decent game. I enjoyed it very much and think it doesn't deserve all the shit it gets.

>>WELL OKAY MAYBE THIS LAST TIME BUT THAT'S IT FUCK YOU
He didn't have any choice. It's like you're being selectively retarded.

That scene just made me dislike Trevor, not dislike GTA V as a whole. Michael and Franklin were still interesting enough characters that I could deal with 1 out of 3 of the playable trio being uninteresting.

Honestly I fully expect the same thing to happen when GTA VI roles around, I'm assuming they'll try and push a female protagonist as one of the 3 (if they do multiple protags again) this time around.

>implying trevor isn't a complete pussy

youtube.com/watch?v=jS6kAKj8R9o

I didn't like the characters that much, they all seemed pretty bland to me. I also really disliked the performance of the game and the horrible city they made, along with the lack of mission variety.
They stated they made GTA 4 more vertical when compared to other games, so it's understandable that it would have a climbing feature.
You know a GTA game fucked up when you can't really have races because scenery takes too long to load and makes you crash against it.
To each their own, I guess.

>That scene just made me dislike Trevor, not dislike GTA V as a whole
This, that scene made me pick the kill trevor ending but that was so unsatisfying so i picked C after.

I'm starting to lose hope about that, they've gone the entire console generation without a new game. I hope they're not serious about keeping the series online, they're at their best making single player games full of content.

>that gray filter
god this game was so ugly without mods

People care about GTA's story?

>but we're too scared of the potential fan reaction to killing off Niko/Luis
Johnny>>>>>Luis
His death pissed people off more

Yeah but those people are insufferable faggots.

No, the writing is just awful. The main antagonist is irrelevant for 90% of the game. The vast majority of characters in the game are identical, interchangeable generic mafia guys who just get switched out every 2-3 missions and I couldn't tell you the name of a single one of them. The very few somewhat memorable characters are only memorable because they talk funny and not because there's anything actually interesting about their characters. The characters behave inhumanly retarded and inconsistent with their own experiences and goals. The last mission might be most idiotic mission of anything I've ever played.

Because Trevor takes it back to the GTA3 days of just being a depraved mother fucker doing fun but fucked up shit.

This was annoying as hell. I'm probably one of only five people in the world who liked TLaD so to see the writers make the main character go out like a pussy, especially considering the GTAIV story was like a kick in the face.

what am i supposed to look at here

The other members of club said that Johnny and his crew were even seen as true members anymore since all they would do is do and sling meth.

You can hear them say this during the nighttime mission where you plant C4 on their trailers.

Meth, not even once.

>His death pissed people off more
More than what? Luis didn't die. Shit, even if he did, people weren't exactly outraged at Jonny getting killed when V came out. I know because I was one of the few starting threads about it, and no one gave a shit.

gun shooty hand droppy

I agree, say what you will about Trevor, but he's the only GTA character who isn't a hypocrite. Also the voice/mocap actor they hired is great.

I don't see how writing is the issue. IV was filled with top tier, classic Rockstar parody writing. Wich made Niko stand out more as a character that doesn't fit in a gta game.

Why the fuck would Niko or Luis even be out in the desert dealing with trailer trash?

Niko is to professional to get involved personally and would have probably just put a bullet through his head from a mile away and Luis wouldn't leave LC or get involved with someone like Trevor.

Johnny is the only one who has a justifiable reason for being in that situation.

Also, the other two protags from 4 would kill trash like Trevor in a heartbeat.

Because it was a great game even if one scene made you so angry that you're still fuming about it 4 years later.

>Michael and Franklin were still interesting enough characters
Are you a middle aged caucasian male who enjoys watching men of color satisfy his wife?

I didn't like they just made him a meth bitch but killing him off was fine

Lmao it's like the AI simply mimics the player's input.

Oh, i don't mind. I never used the tactic of shooting a gun out of an enemy's hand. Whenever you hit them they go into ragdoll mode and fall on the ground anyway.
I'm more happy they included the tons of other features in V.

>AD 2017 and Johnnyfags are still butthurt

Trevor is a Canadian and left-leaning. He also got along very well with Lamar. So no.

>IV was filled with top tier, classic Rockstar parody writing
More like 2serious5me trying to be a movie and failing, social commentary about the state of america shit writing with cardboard characters. That flamboyant faggot friend was one of the worst written characters I've ever played in a game.

>I'm more happy they included the tons of other features in V.

yeah we might have lost all of the intricate attention-to-detail from IV but at least we got yoga and tennis

CJ doesn't exist in the current universe.

Well also Trevor is the appeal to the people who hated that GTA "gradually" became more serious over time. I hated Saints Row because it was totally a GTA ripoff but to give them credit, they definitely kept the appeal that arose from GTA3 for a lot of people.

>Meanwhile, Franklin is the one getting cucked by a man of a different color
What did this dumb fuck mean by this?

>Johnny is the only one who has a justifiable reason for being in that situation.
Wrong, if you played TLaD, seeing Johnny as a meth addict and still fucking around with Ashley. You'd know that this is so out of character for him. Especially without any valid explanation as to why he's like that. Just to make a meme character like Trevor seem more '''''''badass'''''''.

>open world game in a fucking modern city

>would give up the ability to climb for some gadgets

Casual

He got rejected from the air force. And he gets really pissed when they call him Canadian.

>The writing is the worst part of GTA4 and arguably the worst in the series.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA *inhales*

The whole city in GTAIV seemed denser, the way the characters reacted, talked to each other, did things, start fights, run into traffic. Just standing on street corners watching the virtual world go by was kinda fun.
Although GTAV was technically more polished I never felt the same sense of weight from the NPCs and that alone made Los Santos seem dead and fake...which might be what Rockstar was going for as some sort of meta commentary. Even so, I much preferred 'hanging out' in Liberty City.

And car customization, more detailed character customization, planes, more weapons, weapon customization, more detailed and intricate missions, more side activities, a better online experience, better car mechanics, bycicles, jets,...

You proved my point retard. I tried not to use the buzz word but those two are boring as fuck and only appeal to cycle like yourself.

>Getting so BTFO you turn hysterical
Wew lad.

>he would give up more features and gameplay for the unnescesary ability to climb.
It's not like you can't climb buildings in V, actually i think you can climb more buildings in V than in IV.

the entire struggle of his character is that he can't leave ashley alone, it's stated multiple times that he's left her and come back before

he just repeated the cycle offscreen

That's probably because you hate flamboyant gays, wich was entirely the point of his character. He's a stereotype. Welcome to Rockstar writing 101.

>I tried to not use buzz words
>So I used utterly retarded and literally invalid stereotypes instead :^)
Remember what you were told about never going full retard buddy.
>Adultery is a theme so the characters are boring!!
I mean I don't even disagree with you, the characters are shit, but you arguing like such a fucking faggot does more damage to that sentiment than anything.

Johnny ends TLAD still bring very conflicted about Ashley. In addition to that, his entire crew seem to have drug problems so it's feasible that their influence would get the better of him.

car and character customization don't matter at all when cars disappear from your garage all the time and character appearance resets every time you switch characters or load a save

>planes, more weapons, more detailed and intricate missions, bicycles, jets

all a straight downgrade from GTA:SA which came out ~9 years before

>weapon customization

doesn't matter when AP Pistol with no modifications shits on everything else 99% of the time

>a better online experience

see above, GTA:O is an imbalanced pay2win shitfest and i regret investing any time into it at all

And planes, submarines, car customization, an actually big map, cars that don't handle like boats, golf, a working stock market, three characters to choose from in real time, decent melee weapons, property management, much better gunplay, triathlons, movie theaters, ridiculously complicated easter eggs, a shooting range and a story that didn't make you never want to touch the game again. It made GTA great again.

I imagine they are just waiting until RDR2 is done at this point. Rockstar usually only works on one AAA at a time and devotes almost all their resources to it.

I think they are done with singleplayer story-based DLC though, it seems like they are just going to double down on the online component. So when GTA VI does finally roll around, I'm sure they'll continue that trend.

Shame, as I really liked the Lost and the Damned as well as the Ballad of Gay Tony but eh, what can you do? At the end of the day numbers/profits win this fight, and the numbers/profits are with the online-focused players apparently not the solo campaign players.

I haven't noticed any drop in quality in V when it comes to the things you mentioned.

>Wrong, if you played TLaD, seeing Johnny as a meth addict and still fucking around with Ashley. You'd know that this is so out of character for him. Especially without any valid explanation as to why he's like that.
They ended up together at the end of that game. Did you even finish it?

man it was one thing for me to kill johnny but terry and clay

they were good men

they shouldve left and let johnny kill himself on his own

>Just standing on street corners watching the virtual world go by was kinda fun.
No it wasn't, start up the game right now and do it. 9 times out of ten the street will empty and you'll end up looking at the road.

Not ny fault you're too stupid to pick up on the insult.

That's not true at all. Johnny breaks up with Ashley when she's withdrawing from meth asking Johnny for drug cash. That's literally the last time they talked in TLaD, and Johnny refuses her. But then in V, he's getting cucked by her and he's a meth addict for some reason.

>gimmicks, gimmicks, gimmicks and a Sup Forums meme as the cherry on top

also i laugh at anyone who tries to bring out the "carboats" argument

yeah, because it's SOOOO much better to have everything from supercars to dumptrucks handle like an RC car

>That's probably because you hate flamboyant gays
Not really, but you have to admit that it wasn't very well written for a gay character. Half the time you'd keep wondering why you're following this retarded love drama and taking him out on dates.