>>376211234

>delusions general

Chrono Cross has the better music.But better game overall? Nah,still CC is a great JRPG.

desu, both are kinda lame. I to this day don't get why people act like CT is some hot shit when the game is 7/10 at best.

Its by no means a bad game but there are games with much more going for it. Live a Live, a game that came out around the same time as CT was a much more interesting and fun game for me.

thats a pretty spicy opinion for an ironic weeb

Worst quality bait, but I'll bite. Here is your (You), buy yourself a quality bait with it.

can i save that pic? i already did

Chrono Cross has a million retarded characters and the most empty-feeling final boss fight ever.

those get weirder by the minute.

Maybe they should've brought Live A Live over then

chrono trigger is one of the best game ever made, it has amazing spritework, an incredible OST and even an original plot

meanwhile chrono cross has a skeleton clown and a voodoo doll

so no, that pic is completly wrong

You're absolutely right OP

Would have been better without any crossover into Trigger.

That is a measurable lie you baitfag.

Only the ost, rest is shit and playing it made me feel ill just like me3 did.

>why people act like CT is some hot shit when the game is 7/10 at best.
babby's first

To a JRPG expert it's maybe 5/10

I like both but CC has more mature songs since the SNES couldn't produce the same quality.
It's a shame because I want to play CC but I can't get over the fight style in CC.

They're both good, but CC came out way too late in the PS1's lifetime while many other, more impressive RPGs were already available.

>but CC came out way too late in the PS1's lifetime
CT is the same, it came out way after the FF trilogy, MMR, RomaSaGa, Uncharted Waters, DQ -and failed to surpass any of them.

>mature songs

Stopped reading right there

I was taught in elementary school that < means greater than because you draw little teeth and it makes the < a mouth and it eats the weaker thing.

And now as an adult I'm being told the opposite. Why would my school lie to me? What else have they lied about?

Milk isn't actually that healthy for you

(σ・・)σ

Then you didn't pay attention in class you little fuckwit. Why would the crocodile eat small shit? It's hungry and it goes for the big game.

I WANT TO NENE NENE'S NENES

That's bullshit. Chrono Trigger's still my favorite and I've played basically every worthwhile 16-bit RPG with the exception of the Phantasy Star series and Metal Max 2.

I've yet to play an RPG that has a better sense of pacing and doesn't waste your time the same way Chrono Trigger does. Every single thing in that game serves a purpose to the narrative, including all the sidequests. Same applies to the battle system, which while easy has fast animations, no transition screens and rarely lasts more than a minute for basic overworld enemies.

(Though many of its contemporaries are fucking easy as hell too, so I'm not sure why it's brought up as a problem specific to Chrono Trigger when it plagues the whole genre.)

It's amazing how RPGs not only didn't learn from Chrono Trigger's lack of filler, but have actually gotten worse about it over the years. The PS1 and PS2 eras were fucking awful about it to the point games like Final Fantasy IX, Xenosaga and Skies of Arcadia were killed by how much of a slog it was getting from Point A to Point B. Nowadays it seems like people are content with just adding a speed button to fast forward through battles or the ability to turn off encounters entirely like Bravely Default, which is less solving the problem and more being lazy with your game design.

Chrono Trigger's pacing is only good up to the end of Magus' castle