That guy that actually thinks mechanical keyboards give him advantage in videogames

>that guy that actually thinks mechanical keyboards give him advantage in videogames

psychological warfare
other players can't hear footsteps when my keyboard sounds like a fucking xylophone

It's like a fightstick, if you grew up using one you'll probably be better with it but it doesn't magically make you better.

i have arthritis in my hands and i notice i strain my hands less when i use mechanical keyboards.

Use a rubber dome keyboard to play stepmania I dare you

It makes an astronomical difference in shmups since tiny precise taps are far easier
For basically anything else I can't see it making any impact though, mechs are more for comfort and slowing RSIs than anything

ok fuckface OP, why don't you hold down both shift keys and type "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"

That has nothing to do with a keyboard being mechanical or not, the ones with n-key rollover just tend to be mechanical anyways

This is correct. But also it's not just "mechanical" keyboards that are most important but keyboards with 100% anti-ghosting rollover circuitry. I got so sick and tired of my shitty G510 where I had different combinations of arrow keys not register at once which fucked me when playing Stepmania. Now on a K95 I can literally lay down on my keyboard and everything registers.

Nice to see someone still play Stepmania after all these years.

>tfw you have a top tier gaming PC with 1080 ti and 7700k
>all you play is Stepmania

Genuine audible lol

>Keyboard
>Rhythm games
SNRRRRKKKKKHMMMPPPMMMHMMMPPPPHHHHHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA

People have been playing Stepmania with rubber domes for 15 years.

fp, as usual, bp

And people have been developing RSIs for 15 years

I use a regular cheap keyboard for stepmania with the binds zxcv, what's the problem?

>having both hands clustered together not even in the center of the keyboard
for what purpose

Well, the game is on the left side of the screen anyway, and I don't have sausage fingers so it's not a problem.
Still can't see how a regular keyboard is bad, unless it's one of those where buttons are hard to press.
Hell, I made like 11 stepmaps(is that what you call songs in stepmania?) just because the community has shit taste and no one makes the songs I like

tbf I just jump in every once a month or so and score the same 90% on the same couple of songs I played ten years ago that people would already AAAA back then

osu literally destroyed half my laptop keyboard.

>Well, the game is on the left side of the screen anyway
turn solo singles on like everyone else in the world, ya dip

You're literally fucking me. At my peak I was just barely managing AAA. Nowadays I'm too old and out of it to do any better than a ~90%. Can't even max combo songs anymore.

I don't want to, and all the backgrounds on my songs fit with the left-sided playstyle

Even if it doesnt physically make me better at video gamez, it feels better to use a mechanical keyboard. Typing is more fun, too.

>That guy who only cares about winning instead of having fun