3x3 thread

3x3 thread

how are you doing, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FuzvQW_gxkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3000 word essay final due tomorrow lol

3/3

Several tests this week and my 3x3 also includes series like the MGS series, Yakuza series, Gravity Rush series and the Mass effect trilogy
2/2
4/4

3/4 +Dark Souls Dragon Age Koto -Morrowind
I don't think Morrowind is very fun despite its undeniably amazing and detailed world.

6/6
Holy fucking good taste user
+Gravity Rush Bloodborne Nier automata MGS2 Strange Journey and TTYD
What's that game on the top right? I've seen it before and if it's on a 3x3 that good I'm interested

I think it's Majora's Mask

4/4
5/5
2/2
3/3

I'm not user but yeah it is

what did you like about dragon age?

5/5, man I wanna get Persona but the thought of the updated version stops me so much. Help

And top right is Majora's Mask, on the inside of the moon.

the only game ive played here is bloodborne and i didn't like it that much

is p5 worth playing for someone whos not into jrpgs? also, best mass effect game imo. [spoilers]3 is good besides the ending[/spoilers]

understandable, the combat in morrowind is absolute dogshit. keep seeing strange journey, mildly interested in it. whats it about?

never quite got the appeal of tw3. it should be right up my alley but i just couldnt ever get into it for some reason

its bioware's masterpiece imo. just slightly better than baldur's gate for the characters being better. its the same kind of quality level youd expect from that but with a more modern, palatable engine. i really love it

fucked up the spoiler tag

4/5
8/8
4/5
8/8
Always wanted to try Dishonored.
7/8

I love P5, the combat is a lot more fluid and eventful to keep yoru attention, personally I bought Final Fantasy X and X-2 remaster as my first ps4 game and fell asleep on the combat as it's my first real jrpg not including action jrpgs and ones of that nature. This really just came down to the animations the flashiness the options in the combat, variety nearly from the start etc. Of course Persona games I heard are hand holdy which is evident even though I am on the second dungeon and 20 something hours in, but it's not too bad really.

3/3: Morrowind, Deus Ex, New Vegas

1/1: Majora's Mask

3.5/4: +Pokémon HGSS, Viewtiful Joe, Mass Effect, ~Kingdom Hearts

2/2: Mass Effect 2, Wind Waker

4/4: Morrowind, New Vegas, Ocarina of Time, Doom

5/5: Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, REmake, Galaxy 2, Final Fantasy X

4/4: Diablo II, REmake, Donkey Kong Country, Ocarina of Time
Rate others, nig.

Should I play Resident Evil on ps4 or the original?

>keep seeing strange journey, mildly interested in it. whats it about?
It's really good but not for the faint of heart, would not recommend it as your first MegaTen game. Although the remake might make it more accessible.

I've ever only played the GameCube version but I think the only difference in the remaster was the option to disable tank controls which I would strongly recommend against. The game was designed around those and I don't have to play it to know that it would break the game and ruin a lot of the tension.

9/9
Nigger tier - muh.
3/3
3/3
4/5
I have mixed feelings on ME2. Some of it is straight up garbage, some of it is pretty good.
9/9
My other nigger.
6/6
5/5

>tfw I have a 250 word paper due friday and I haven't even started
kill me

250 words is easy. btw what manga are those?

They're in order from best to not quite as best
Ashita no Joe, HolyLand, One Outs, Eyeshield 21, Saikyou Densetsu Kuosaswa, Sumire 17 sai Annarasumanara, Rookies, RRR

Why is Ping Pong so perfect?

>would not recommend it as your first MegaTen game
what would you recommend then? ive always wanted to get into the series, since i feel like if theres going to be a jrpg series i like, itll be smt

minus ippo that is some garbage taste

>what would you recommend then?
Hard to say, my favorites are Nocturne, Strange Journey and Persona 5.
Out of those three Persona 5 is the most accessible and has the most polish of them all, I'd say that's a good start and if you prefer the combat/dungeon/fusing aspect of the game then you can move on to the aforementioned Nocturne or Strange Journey and if you preferred the social sim aspect then you can do Persona 3 and 4.

1/1

2/2

2/4

4/4

2/6

5/5

3/3

8/8
6/6
3/3

Strange Journey is probably the best mainline Shin Megami Tensei game in my opinion. It's a first person dungeon crawling RPG at the genre's absolute best. It's challenging, it has great exploration, and the story, setting, and characters are phenomenal. My only gripe is the soundtrack being kinda meh.

0/1, how can anyone put MGS V in his 3x3 is beyond me.

>My only gripe is the soundtrack being kinda meh.
This is uniroincally one of my favorite SMT tracks, I feel like the militaristic arrangements fit the game to a tee personally.
youtube.com/watch?v=FuzvQW_gxkk

2/2
5/7
4/5
3/4
2/5
7/8
4/4
10/12
2/3
6/8 Collections are cheating though
4/5
4/4

5/6 - windwaker

I will add though, not sure if you're aware, but a remake of Strange Journey was announced a month ago so I'd assume they'll be adding some QoL improvements and bringing it up to date with the more recent entries so you can check that out if you're interested.

Collections aren't cheating, the fuck outta here.

I won't contest that it suits the game perfectly, but I wish it were better on the ears. I love it when Shoji writes music that can stand on its own as well as fit the game well. I think the game should have maybe gone for a more metroid-esque sound honestly.

>Kickmaster
Stupid underrated.
>The Last of Us
Stupid overrated.

What an enigma of a 3x3.

Rate my 1x1.

>The Last of Us
>Stupid overrated

>Including multiple games in one single square isn't cheating
You know, you are right, it's not cheating. It's just something weak willed people do because they can't decide.

Sup Forums BTFO

Does your image come with a point?

Game's a 8/10 at best and it is seen as a 10/10.

Sup Forums is contrarian as usual.

Because it is a 10/10. It's just like uh your opinion man.

Mario All-Stars counts as one. Fucking deal with it.

>Mario All-Stars counts as one.
Dude, even the box art disagrees with you.
>4 in 1 game pak

>arguing about mario
>fucking deal with it
Whoa dude yeah fuck the cops

It really doesn't, nah.
Besides, everyone knows Super Mario World is the best game in the collection, so you could just put SMW in your 3x3.

4.5/5 (DE, NV, Thief, VTMB. 0.5 for DS)

4/4 (Vanquish, MM, MGS2, Paper Mario) I think, name your stuff man, I didn't see Paper Mario down there until another user pointed it out.

5/6 (Yakuza, Persona, Viewtiful Joe, MGS, Pokemon, -ME) Never liked Mass Effect much.

3.5/5 (MGS2, P5, WW, +0.5 for DS -ME2) I still need to play TiTS.

5.5 (Witcher, MGS2, OOT, DOOM, NV, +0.5 DS)

7/7 (MP, WW, P5, RE, Bayo, MGS2, GH) Recently finished MP. It's a great game but the platforming and backtracking really pissed me off.

3/3 (FF9, RE, OOT)

6/7 (VTMB, DMC3, +0.5 Witcher 1?, +0.5 DS, Stalker, DE, NV) Play God Hand if you want cuhrayzee or Ghost Trick if you what stuhoreey

7/7 (DOOM, Mario, Dr Mario, BOTW, GH, RE4, SM)

5/5 (NV, CT, SMB3, SM, VC)

4/4

5/5

SMB3 is the better game.

>It's a great game but the platforming and backtracking really pissed me off.
Yeah the artifact hunt is definitely a buzzkill at the end if it's your first time. It's a lot better on replays though since you get almost half of them before you would normally start to look for them on your first play through.
Also if you decide to play Echoes, which I recommend, the Sky Temple key hunt is unfortunately a lot worse and introduced much later in the game.

No way

i have the best taste in vidagams

6/8
3/3
4/5
6/6

Yeah, Echoes is next on the list. Really pissed with Dolphin at the moment since I just discovered there are widescreen hacks for the game, and I was using Dolphin's own hacks which had a lot of culling, and when I tried to put them in Echoes I get this bullshit. Guess I'll just have to play it with culling like in MP1.

MP1 definitely had me questions some of Retro's decisions. Platforming was really fucking annoying in a lot of sections even with the space jump, the last section pissed me off to no end, I think I got to Metroid Prime with 7/11 energy tanks from trying to fend off Metroid's the first time and eventually they'd chip little bits of damage off me or knock me off in my attempts afterwards, the Chozo ghosts respawning whenever you'd leave and enter a room again was annoying as well. They were just a chore to fight. The control scheme took me a while to get used to.

It's a great game regardless.

>Chozo ghosts respawning whenever you'd leave and enter a room again was annoying as well.
Wait until you encounter Dark Space Pirates in Echoes the room locks until you beat them. The ghosts are annoying but my biggest problem on my first play through was probably how cryptic some of the artifacts were with the biggest offender being the one in Phendrana where you have to melt ice with the Plasma Beam, stand on top of the crate and then shoot the tower with a missile.
I don't like Echoes as much but it does have much better bosses (although there are two infamous ones as well) and some of the puzzles are really creative too with the dual world mechanic.

>Dark souls
>dragon age
>morrowind
>fallout
jesus christ you hate yourself don't you?

>morrowind
>fallout
Got a problem with that, fuccboi?

F-Zero GX is my absolute favorite.

2/2
2/2
2/2
2/2
4/4
2/2
3/3
3/3
4/4

The series of final bosses in Echoes is the best part of the game, imo. Some really good boss fights in that game.

Yeah, I remember playing a bit of Echoes as a kid. I never got far in it since I always found Metroid games scary and very difficult in a 3D environment when I was young, but I do remember some stuff like that being annoying when I watched my brother play it.

I always found 3D metroid difficult even as a teenager. I finished all the 2D ones and then could never finish the 3D ones, furthest I got was in Hunters of all games.

Have a 3D webm.

Yup, Quadraxis is also fucking great too.

Yeah the atmosphere in Prime is really well done, same with REmake.

I guess I'm most compatible with this guy. Can't really comment on others for the most part.

This guy is kinda alright too: . Can't imagine why he likes AOE 2 though, it's a severely overrated game. Same for GTA 3.

>Oddworld
My nigga.

I was too lazy to fuse exoddus and oddysee in photoshop, they're both equally great. Too bad about the bad remake.

>Too bad about the bad remake.
Seriously that was a huge letdown, it was alright by virtue of the original being so good but it was still a disappointment.

8/9 - Really solid taste, extra points for Oddworld. Fantastic game.
7/9 - Really nice, particularly RDR and FTL. Good taste.
8/9 - Great all round, major props for Arcanum, AOE, NV.
8/9 - Thos're some good vidagams
8/9 - Fantastic taste. Hoenn is my tied favourite region, a lot of fond memories. Favourite starter?

Messed up the formatting when I pasted in Mystery Dungeon, would reupload but I'll just fix it next time, apologies.

The only real reason it has to exist is that 640x480 upscales really poorly on LCDs. CRT is kind of a must-have to play the original since half the point of the game is the amazing visuals.

7/9

7/9

7/9
>haven't played P5

9/9

7/9

8/9

8/8

7/9

9/9

7/9

6/9

8/9

9/9

6/9

7/9

7/9

You played all of my 3x3? Which two you didn't like?

WoW and Kickmaster

From Left to Right on my 3x3
Majora's Mask
Bioshock
Fable
Morrowind
Total War: Napoleon
Pokemon Blue Version
Red Dead Redemption
Civilization V
Fallout: New Vegas

5/7
2/4
2/3
3/5
1/1
0/3
3/4
1/4
1/1
1/4
1/3
6/7 Excellent Taste desu
1/6
1/2
4/5
3/5

2/2

3/3

0/1 (not really a fan of TF2)

2/2

1/1

2/2

1/1

4/4

2/2

3/3

Wow you played Kick Master? I was completely off with my assumption.

Yes, back in the early 2000's my father bought from America a NES, Kick Master was a big meh for me when I played it but still somehow acceptable.

Your father is a cool guy user.

Was, died in car accident 10 years ago.

8/9 - Fantastic taste. Hoenn is my tied favourite region, a lot of fond memories. Favourite starter?

Ayy, thanks my man. Mudkip for sure. My brother got Ruby before I did and chose Torchic, so I chose Mudkip so I'd have the stronger starter. I loved the game a lot and got Swampert to level 100 when I played.

I think I clocked 170 hours into it.

By the way, which game did you not like?

5/5 (Mystery Dungeon, Black 2, BOTW, TS2, NV)

He is still a cool guy even if he isn't there anymore. Take care user.

Lol

middle game?

I guess, we can close this thread now, because, obviously, i am won this competition.

how in the fuck

bump

0/7
Rate others.

9/9
I am genuinely curious as to why SMTIV over Nocturne or SJ though.

2/6
2/3
2/4
3/3
3/3
2/5
2/6
2/2
2/6
2/3

So many FO:NV and V:TMB picks in this thread. The former was a great game, so I don't mind about that.

Here i go

9/9 nice
7/7 didnt play gravity and nier automata
7/7 ditto
9/9 nice
9/9 nice
9/9 love resident evil
9/9 love diablo
13/13 love it
8/8 love bloodlines
9/9 love all stars
9/9 love vice city
8/8 never played tlou, red alert is fantastic
9/9 love katamari
9/9 opposing force is my favourite half life
9/9 nice
9/9 love blood money and san andreas
8/8 never played the first one, planetside 1 was fun as fuck
9/9 love dungeon keeper and grim fandango
9/9 love timesplitters
9/9 salt and sanctuary was fun
9/9 love bioshock and civ 5
9/9 love victoria 2
9/9 path of exile is the real diablo 3
9/9 love it
9/9 eu3 is my favourite paradox game

Out of curiosity, are there any games you don't like?

Is there actually a game you don't like user?

haven't played them yet, just getting into the series. Just beat SMT4 a while ago and working on P5 now, then either Nocturne or 4:A

Cool, SMTIV is by no means bad but Nocturne and SJ are dungeon crawling kino. I recommend Apocalypse after though, best gameplay in the series and improves a lot upon IV.

I see this thread all the time and I swear it's the same OP image over and over.

Are you the only one making 3x3 threads or is there a bunch of people on Sup Forums with almost the exact same taste?

Yeah, I already played a little bit of Apocalypse and it has a better map which is already the biggest improvement I wanted. It's so similar to 4 though I think I'll do Nocturne first.

the games posted in this kind of thread are mostly good, not my fault.

The OP post here just has lots of games that are frequently on 3x3 charts. Morrowind, Dark Souls, New Vegas, Bloodlines, and Deus Ex show up a lot.