Anyone else think it's crazy that the world now hates the creator of mega man?

Anyone else think it's crazy that the world now hates the creator of mega man?

Other urls found in this thread:

shmuplations.com/megaman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The world seems to be going batshit insane so i'm not surprised.

Also Kamiya warned you

don't act like mega man was a good game franchise, its complete garbage

he was the ideas man behind megaman but not what made the games good

"""""""""""""""""""""""creator"""""""""""""""""""""""" of mega man, dead rising. lost planet and onimusha!

>creator

>WAHHHHHH, WE HAVE NO MEGAMAN GAMES TO PLAY
>meanwhile, a metric fuckton of megaman sequels and spinoffs have been released over the years
I'm not ashamed to admit I find joy whenever megafags have their hopes crushed.

>Creator

>people always point to lost planet 2 as something good he did
If con man had his way completely we would've gotten a game like lost planet 3.

>Sup Forums blown the fuck out

Aww, he's so humble.
What a hero!

wtf I love inafune now

He wasn't an ideas man at all, he was an artist who drew character artwork and made some of the sprites.

>a metric fuckton of megaman sequels and spinoffs have been released over the years
Where?

I've come to accept this as a Megamanfag.

We got all our games during the golden age. Even if they were continuing to be released, they'd be shitty modern games. Just look at mighty number nine

Right here

*grabs dick*

Why?
>creates jump and shoot man
>rides that wave for two decades
>hasn't made a good game in a long time
>tries to copy his own character in a bullshot kickstarter that turned out like fresh horse shit
Fuck off with your nostalgia

>>creates jump and shoot man

Except he didn't. Inafune was a late comer to the MM1 team. Akira Kitamura designed the character, wrote the story, and directed the first two games.

shmuplations.com/megaman/

Well he can fuck off even more then lol

SeeRetard revisionists

>revisionists

More like people had the wrong idea about Inafune entirely. They thought he was the series creator or at least designed Mega Man. He did neither. And he didn't "refine" any design. That's just spin to salvage Inafune's rep and make it seem like he had something to do with MM. He was a minor part of the team, and was pretty irrelevant until much later.

> Casshern

I feel dumb as hell for not noticing how similar the art styles are

On top of this, he tried to later cash-in and then gave us MN9. No one's mad

We're just disappointed

Kitamura, the actual designer, cites Casshern and toku series as influences.

the biggest problem is that people actually expected a classic megaman to be good nowadays, the classic formula is overused, so you can't just make a clone without any personality or new mechanics and expect it be good, because even if it was the best classic megaman ever, it wouldn't feel so good because you have already played the same fucking thing 10 times before. The moment they announced the only original concept (copying regular enemies) wasn't going to be implemented, you could only expect the worst.

There's been very few 10/10 MM games. I can count them on my left hand. So making another highly polished one with modern 3D graphics is perfectly fine.

MM2, MM3, MM9 being great. With MM4, MM1, MM10, and MMX being good.

The only fan games or spiritual sequels that I'd rank as good is Rozencruisestilette and its sequel. But even that doesn't reach MM2/9 status.