Will I enjoy this game if I ignore all social/multiplayer aspects? I'm interested purely in single player PvE...

Will I enjoy this game if I ignore all social/multiplayer aspects? I'm interested purely in single player PvE. Is PvP even optional?

yes

no

This is the perfect game for you.
All Souls game focus on PvE and not some shitty PvP cancer

maybe

Yeah you can just stay hollow

you will miss out on some NPC invasions though, and that could mean missing out items

i don't know

PVP in souls is a joke, should never be taken seriously. These are pve games, you can most definitely ignore all social aspects and enjoy them. You can put the game in offline mode if you don't care about any of that

CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION

you gotta summon for bosses otherwise soulsborne games are fucking dreadful.

actaully the game has a built in mechanic that you can only be invaded once and never again in a playthrough if you don't summon anybody or engage in pvp yourself for Dark souls 3

i'd be pretty bored with it if I couldn't fuck invaders up with obscure pyromancies beat them to death with a bandits axe +10 fire infused

Yeah I play them all as single player rpgs just like their older games.

NPC invasions are great but sucks that you cant get them without playing online or disconnecting the internet

Does Dark Souls 3 have an interesting world like Bloodborne? I just finished that and been thinking about buying

Not nearly as much, just cuz BB is so unique. DS3 does have some funky stuff going on with how when you are travelling through the world, you're also travelling through time.

When you get invaded you can't be invaded for 15 minutes unless you reload the area, summon, or use the dried fingers (DkS3)

3 is a lot like BB in gameplay and boss design, you'll probably like it even if it doesn't surpass BB for you.
The world isn't as interesting but it is more varied and theres more backstory to everything - souls lore is what it is but if you're into it that might be a plus as well.

Should really play DS1 and possibly DS2 before though, it adds a whole load of impact - not to mention DS1 is a good game to begin with.

DaS1, Des, and BB are the most unique and are wholly different experiences.

DaS2 and 3 miss the mark with how strange das1 was sometimes among other things.

Basically if you can tolerate DeS daS1 is a great game as well.

If you end up only liking BBs combat out of them then DaS3 is a little closer but I found it to be almost boring and by the books.

Is it worth buying a PS3 to play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1? I don't have a PC

Absolutely loved BB though, one of my top 3 games

I'm pretty there is a setting hidden away in the menus that lets you always start up as offline even when you have internet so yes the PvP is optional, still get the fun of NPC invasions though

Depends on why you liked BB I suppose.

Souls is medieval so its a lot of knights and dragons and shit. The lore is bretty gud in des and das1, the sequels are a mess. The graphics are pretty bad and das1 runs like ass in certain areas. DeS has performance issues with breakable shit as well so they both have problems. Graphics are sometimes good but a lot of time mostly meh for the generation its on.

The main reason I love these games is after the tutorial and beginning segment there are tons of options on where to go for progression. DeS is level based with 5 worlds to explore through warp stones in the hub. DaS1 is an interwoven network of areas in the first half and becomes more like des progression, doing 4-5 separate levels in whatever order you want to try depending on build, in the second. I love this setup because my first playthorugh will be very different than most other people. Das1 was a disaster the first time not knowing where to go and it was amazing because I struggled every inch. DeS level based is much easier since you cant get lost essentially. The level design in both is still amazing and up there with BB to me.

Other than that its just clunky as fuck and looks meh graphically. I love the clunk though, makes everything feel more not deliberate but thoughtful than in DaS3 and BB where combos are basically a must leading to a much faster gameplay loop. Especially in BB, that games on coke compared to das1

THe reason I like that style level layout is that it adds to the replaybility for me.

Man it really never is a good idea to sell a console is it. I'll have to ask my cousin, I think he had a PS3.

Demon's Souls was a PS3 exclusive anyway, while DS1 was multiplat. Both of those games are amazing. If you have a friend who will let you borrow their PS3, that might be best though unless you have a decent job and can spend the money for the console. PS3 is a great console though. Great exclusives.

it's easily the weakest pve game in the series for repeat playthroughs and stuff but if you're just going for one playthrough it's pretty good

I had one but I sold it. I was really a weird gamer, I generally played new titles on PC but I never had the money as a child to buy PS3 exclusives. I only remember playing God Of War, Uncharted and Red Dead Redemption and Fifa on that thing

Yes you will but being invaded for the first time was terrifying and run as hell and always adds an oh shit aspect until you hit gud them start being the invader.
Anyone who takes PvP seriously has autism

PVP is even discouraged in this game. you are fine

Offline mode you retard

You should try invading, it is fun :-)

I had my best online interactions with the online of DS3. The emotes system are genius. I'm so glad i didn't pirate it.