HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLYYYYY fuck boys

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLYYYYY fuck boys

Have you ever played a game that was so bad that you thought for sure it must be widely hated but then you check the store page and it's in the blue? I'm having this moment with Vermitide.

Holy shit this game is bad. You literally have two weapons that both are boring and you kill rats... endless, grey, boring, hordes of armored rats. But even my boy Jim Sterling and TotalAssBiscut are recommending it too like now i dont know who to trust

post examples you have of games like this, or if you wanna get in on hating Vermitide with me...

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/69q8e9/updated_for_181_quality_of_life_modpack_cheatfree/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have to go back.

Boy you fucking stupid.

I don't understant what there is to hate, it's basically L4D with rats and a solid game.

Also
>You literally have two weapons
That is totally bullshit, have you even played the game, faggot? Or did you just come hare shitting on a game based on what your big brother said.

>he doesn't want to remove skaven

you've literally watched a webm or two before posting haven't you ?

I wish there was more enemy variety. It was okay with friends during a free weekend but I didn't care much for it otherwise. I recognize it was simply not for me as well so I didn't go and leave a bad review on Steam either

>all these warhammer niggers
You're literally worse than homestuck fans.

i agree its fucking garbage. fatshark cant make a game with depth to save their lives

Does anyone know if it's still resource-demanding? Stuttered like shit last time I played it.

good game its like they tried to do l4d without multiplayer

Got 150 hours out of it. Decent game.
OP is a faggot once again.

HOLY SIGMAR
BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY

Definitely never played it, OP. I can tell.

>i'm going to go into a thread of something i dont like and say mean comments because i can!

Vermin tide has multiplayer though

it's ok. Not worth an honorable mention, but not bad.

>two weapons
Unlockables and grinding them is what keeps people playing the game
Some people in this shit are hardcore dedicated grinders and make spreadsheets about all weapon stats

I bought vermintide when I had a laptop and could only play 1 game before it overheated, I've bought a desktop computer since, but haven't reinstalled it, my friends don't want to play it anymore...

>without multiplayer
What? You can't play with bots on higher difficulties, you gon get fucked hard.

This one. I'm sure it will be negative some day, when two years pass with no updates or something.

Well yeah, I'm bored.

>Hates Vermintide
>Unironically likes Jim Sterling
>Unironically likes Total Biscuit

Loving ever laugh.

Best way to get rid of boredom is to kys. PLease do it.

if the game had even half-decent animations and more end game content it wouldn't be terrible

It also runs like shit and interface is terrible.

>kys
The only one who should kill himself is you.

Are the elf players still addicted to thick meaty smelly skaven cock?

yoooooooooooooo

when you have multiple people telling you to fuck off, take a hint little man

i know i know your parents are home so you cant jack off yet, the struggle is real we know we understand. but please fuck off :D

>Giant man size rats exist

What foolishness right fellow man-things?

enemy multiplayer

Holy shit the banter in this game is so uninspired its almost artistic. Generick Elf teasing the dwarf, stoic badass wizard, fantasy genre trope here bullshit

Without a doubt.

>Sienna
>stoic
You haven't even played the game, have you?

Can you explain what exactly is the problem without talking in buzzwords and memes?

it's inspired by the established story written over many years for warhammer fantasy

and if you're going to go into the elf vs. dwarf trope, every fantasy universe you can name pulls that trope because it's been used ever since the very early days of fantasy writings

fuck you pal skaven are the best warhammer race

Come say that to my grav hammer

Level 10 Witch Hunter with white equipment walks up to your Cataclysm lobby, gets downed and steals your grim. What do you do?

>you cant blame them for doing this trope because every writer does it
do you know what a trope is?

hol up i gotta go get my 15000 cousins

>you have two weapons
Stopped reading there. OP is mentally ill

Sperg out in the chat.

Bullshit. With vanilla bots you can solo any Nightmare mission. With Quality of Life modpack improved bots you can solo Cataclysm maps

>he watches other people play video games
well I found your problem, user: you're a faggot

>play vermintide without subtitles
>hear Saltzpyre say this line
>always hear HOLY SHIT MAN

Except the reason there are autists who have played it for over thousand hours, and who keep playing, is because the combat has extremely high skill ceiling and a ton of depth?

Been playing this game a lot more recently, it's great fun but fuck if getting the DLC weapons isn't a grind. I just want my falchion and repeating crossbow for my hunter, man.

Stop hosting Cata without the mod that lets you set a level limit

>has extremely high skill ceiling
how so? not him btw
melee combat doesnt seem skillful to me but show me how im wrong

>tfw burnt myself out of the game AGAIN by speedrun grinding Reaching Out until Executioner sword finally dropped.
4 minutes per run and I still hated it. Fuck Fatshark for making such garbage for acquiring them. Yet I keep returning

once you get to higher difficulties, it's much less about how fast you spam LM1 and more about avoiding damage. Blocking at the right time, dodging and keeping your team mates alive far outweighs however many clan rats you kill.

Nc bait

i watched a video of this game and found their interpretation of Castle Drachenfels too bland and flavourless.

This.

It doesnt really show in normal 4-player gameplay where you just group up and slash. In cata maybe a bit.
But if soloing or going duo, it really starts shining. There's a ton of skill and precision involved in controlling the rat swarms, fighting specials at the same time, and such. You have to constantly make decisions that can make pr break your run.
And the core melee requires precision in headshotting, constantly dodging and knowing when to push and when to go balls deep.

People have soloed every map on Cataclysm, while casual players get slaughtered on short maps while 4-manning. Theres two difficulty mods that have been designed to be the ultimate challenge and they require toptier skill.

Feel free to ask more, I have about 350 hours in the game and I can barely solo short maps on Cata. Still got much to learn

Use this

reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/69q8e9/updated_for_181_quality_of_life_modpack_cheatfree/

Go into your launcher settings scroll down and set worker threads to two or more

PSA only redditfags like reddit rats

I thought the Dungeons map was pretty damn cool. The darkness mechanic with torture devices everywhere was neato. I loved it

The main castle map didnt have much tho, a couple of blood blood fountains and that was it

>reddit rats
There's that meme again

1: is it worth buying if you live in australia
2: are they still making content
3: is there anything more to castle drachenfels than grey walls? looked a bit boring and nothing like i imagined
4: do they have some sort of ranking for players?

I would say that saltzpyre has more interactions with the elf than the dwarf does, he always says "I barely see your blade move elf"

>no threads on Sup Forums
>vermintide general has been dead for over a year
Plebbit is unfortunately the only place to discuss the game

Game is pretty boring and the loot system blows man

Hows the new DLC?
I tried playing not too long ago but basically NOPEd the fuck out when rats kept hitting me through blocks, hitting me with massive 3-4 meters between me and them and so on.
They also nerfed muh wizard and bolt staff too hard.

Also at some point just spinning around in a 360 all day to avoid getting sneaked upon by rats emitting 0 sound gets boring.

1. No idea, but unless you have friends I doubt there's a lot of players. Doesnt aussieland have a bit of a problem when populating multiplayer games?
2. There was a decent DLC last week.
3. I posted earlier about it, The Dungeons is a neat map that I liked, but the Castle isnt exactly much more than that sadly.
4. Only your level which is just increases from playing anything.

disgusting skaven sympathizer detected, what the fuck were you expecting in a horde mode type game?

>game is pretty boring
How come? Its fairly intense as long as you amp up the difficulty, and there's a ton of different weapons and traits that give the game replayability.

>loot system blows
It used to, certainly. But after all the patches they have introduced a bunch of alternative systems. A couple of my friends who recently got into it are fully geared for at least two characters with best stuff after like running the base maps twice.

1: sadly population is a major issue in AU yeah, so unless you think bots are worth playing with?

>stoic badass wizard

0/10 bait

newfag/underagefag spotted

Lover your FoV dude. It makes it really hard to judge the striking distance of rats (and your own weapons)

DLC is good. They introduced an extremely hype bossfight against a Skaven Chieftain that used warpstone infused weapons

I don't know who made this image but I love them.

But if I lower my fov I'll need to spin even more to see everything and will feel slower.
I used the same fov before and didn't have this issue, though I also don't know what they did to the graphics, everything turned bright, ugly and shit and is performing worse than ever.

It comes down to how much you like Warhammer Fantasy. If you love it, then I suppose its worth it. You can certainly play with bots as long as you get the QoL modpack.
But if you are indifferent about Warhams Fantasy, it wont probably hook you. It is a co-op game at the end of the day.

You dont need a full squad though, even just another player is enough I think. Most of my playtime has been playing duo

I agree. I bought into the hype despite the footage screaming at me to stay clear, and I regret it. It's aggressively dull.

They havent done anything to the graphics beside optimization. Check your own end.

I don't give a shit about Warhammer either but vermin tide was still fun as hell for me

I thought it was just me

>aggressively dull
Spoken like someone who picked normal difficulty and played for like 4 hours using sword and shield

9/10 it was ok

7 hours, mostly with the wizard.
It's not a bad game, but it really feels like a loot grinder and I hate those types of games.

they definitely changed some shit, I was playing at 110fps with high~ settings and when I tried again it was a stuttery 80 and desaturated as fuck, especially in the inn

can't really check again now since I upgraded my GPU anyway, if it still runs bad with a 1070 theres no point touching the game again

Well they overhauled the loot systems quite a bit post launch. You have a system where you pick quests to complete (which reward weapons, trinkets or hats), by doing contracts which reward crafting gems and require completing certain subobjectives in maps.
You can use the crafting gems to roll items of similar quality, or buff them up to higher quality.
And lastly they made the drops extremely easy to get. Playing on Nightmare basically guarantees an orange item every run.

The grind was horrible at release but nowadays its hardly even there. You get new weapons in the best quality faster than you can try them out

Oh god my sides please someone make a sound mod with him screaming that in a shaggy like voice from Scooby doo

Did they change Saltzpyre's axe into something not completely worthless? I really like how it looks but it sucks I have to play on normal to not be dead weight while using it.

Yeah its a solid weapon. Oneshots clan rats even on cata. And the charged attack murders stormvermin.

They buffed all 1handed weapons a while back

>mfw bombs quest

Do casual players even exist in this game? All I ever hear about is how every player spergs s out at the smallest shit I just wanna have fun and be able to laugh if we die

ty user this was a good piece of consumer review

Even the rapier?

Its just posers. You absolutely can find pubs.

>We've got a two-handing dwarf
>We've got a dual-pistol tophatman
>We've got a sword and board human
>And I'm a mage and my head is literally on fucking fire
>It's time for Vermintide

>Nobody has fucking voice and we decide to do a Cataclysm hive run
>The absolute first rat we see, our guardsman blows the dwarf away with a shotgun and types "Shit misclick"
>Dwarf at 10%hp before we even hit our first swarm
>I'm throwing homing missiles into the air like a spastic and killstealing absolutely everything
>Witchhunter is pretty alright, dual pistols are shit but he lands headshots reliably
>Everything going well as we get through the sewer until we get to the tightrope-board area
>Halfway across (fuck the tomes and grims not even dealing with that shit) when the goddamn dwarf falls off
>INSTANT swarm trigger and a hookrat for good measure
>Nope.avi, we hunker down on the boards as the dwarf is gangraped by a million raki cocks below
>Very carefully proceed into the actual hive, Witchhunter in the lead decides to go the long way around
>He actually fucking picks up the grimoire
>I go down, use a heal, and go down again before we even get to the bridge
>Barely chucklefucking our way through when hear the ratogre roar
>Simultaneously see the dwarf spawn nearby
>Guardsman leeroys straight towards him as soon as he spawns since the area is clear of rats
>Clear of rats of course because the fucking ogre is spawning
>He turns the corner and PLAYTIME IS OGRE
>Ratogre spawned right on top of Dwarf, fists the guardsman in the face and he goes sailing over the fucking cliff
>Not even a chance to help him up, sails clean over the edge and is fucking dead
>Spamming the fuck out of my homing missile and backpeddling to lure the ogre away
>Witchhunter goes for the dwarf, LOL ANOTHER HOOKRAT
>Witchhunter is hooked, Ogre absolutely shreks my tender mage asshole
>Guardsman types "Shit team" and leaves

The game is fine, it's people who are awful.

Rapier was one of the exceptions I think. They might have touched the charged attack but dont take my word for it.
Its still a top tier weapon though as long as you go for headshots or roll Killing Blow normal for it

I love how the devs went on promising a new character, enemy types and even new enemy races and now 2(?) years later the most we've gotten are some fucking maps.

They did? Is there any source on that?

>Its still a top tier weapon though
Yeah it's great - loved how you had to be surgical with it to ensure constant headshots.

Source immidiately on them promising anything except for the shieldbearing clan rats.
Otherwise piss off with your fake news

>dat feel when you finally master dodging properly and can dance around rat Ogres

Yes, those are some of the oldest discussions on their steam community hub. They were either replying to threads or even made a thread, themselves, detailing their future plans.