Only one can continue

Only one can continue

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDZ20yqw18E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're fucking cancer and should kill themselves.

I had more fun with Automata than MGS V

This. MGSV became a chore halfway through.

>kojimber vs literally who
???

>Unfinished movies vs games
Hmmm, Quite the hard choice isnt?

Its interesting, they tried the same thing with mixing gameplay and storytelling the right way, but Kojima got high on the attention and is still high as fuck on it, while Taro is the exact opposite and seems more likely to stop making games because of his first big success.

They're both going to continue and you imbeciles are going to buy their games.

>man who loves movies
vs
>man who loves games

Taro no question.

Make it the one that still makes good games.

I've only played one of Taros games and I'm glad I haven't spent more money or time playing them. I feel the only reason people here praise him so much is because he always puts on a ride of muh feels and muh pseudo intellectual philosophy writing in an anime plotline. I played Automata and holy god was it mediocre throughout. The man has cool concepts and occasionally good writing too, but he can't design a game to save his fucking life.

/thread

Taro because he can.

>Sony gets sick of Kojima's shit and takes what's finished to market again

Taro:
>yo square i'm going to make another highly unprofitable game with some niche elements
>....okay

>overrated, pretentious hacks
Neither.
Focus on gameplay since neither of you can write

Taro can't design gameplay either.

Good thing Platinum can

Kojimas games has become increasingly worse with every installment

Taros game has become better with every installment

I'm genuinely amazed Taro is still allowed to make games with Square Enix, considering they just pulled away from IO because Hitman didn't do that well

One man is humble, goofy, and eccentric and makes great games with the budget of two Kirins and a Commodore 64.

The other is a pompous asshat that makes movie games in hopes that his favorite actors notice him and he gets paid millions of dollars to do that shit.

Kojima hasn't made a good game since MGS 3, after they kicked out Tomokazu Fukushima.

Taro on the other hand, has been thrust into the limelight because he's a genuinely interesting and likable person who makes quirky games that are still games, perhaps even to a fault (with the multiple playthrough thing).

Taro's a man, not a studio thats why.

>Kojima usually makes good games
>last game was trash
>Taro usually makes shit games (even acknowledges them as shit himself)
>last game was GOTY 2017
Conclusion: Kojima is a hack and Taro has finally figured out how to make good games through trial and error. I think we can expect good things from Taro in the future and Death Stranding will be the final nail in Kojimas coffin.

This cannot continue.

Hideo or Kojima tho?

epic! xD

Kojima hasn't made a good game in like 10 years. Fuck him.

>usually makes good games
>Peace Walker, MGS4, MGSV
>Kojima USED to make good games
FTFY

Yoko Taro has best girls.

Taro has connections. The only reason his games got funded was because Wada was a big fan of his stuff apparently. Either that, or he's got dirt on them.

>Taro has finally figured out how to make good games through trial and error
Or by just latching himself onto a developer who actually knows how to make a good game.

Both are hacks in a way but at least Kojima makes fun games to go along with it.

Kojima doesn't even want to make video games, so he can go away.

Pretty much this.

>DoD2 better than DoD1
>MGS3 worst than MGS1 and 2

"games"

I miss Swery.

Same. Only MGS I didn't finish because I just stopped caring.

>MGS V
>fun

Taro didn't work on DoD2, dummy

>man who makes games with good gameplay
vs
>man who makes games with atrocious gameplay

D4 season two when?

Taro, I am not a big fan of his, but at least he is an actual game maker and not a frustrated movie director.

Taro has literally never made a good game though

>man who makes games with gameplay
Atrocious games must distract people from gaming for the sake of children.
Taro is right here.

if it was 2 years ago Id say Kojima but ask me today and I would say Taro

Taro is just more consistent even with each game being made by a new studio

Kojima by himself shits the bed every time and the only good games had that other guy helping revise shit or whatever

>anothe tarofags trying to pretend Taro never went through shit and was handed games to his lap

Yeah let's forget his games flopping, his studio dying because of flops, him being unemployed for a while and then Square turning down a sequel unless they find a better dev.

Keep trying to pretend he snapped fingers and was some arrogant faggot, literally would be fucked if he had no connections

kojima makes far better gameplay which is the only thing that matters

that being said both are hacks today

also taro was never good

people who praise him have stockholm syndrome from actually finishing drakengards

Miyazaki > those hacks

user never said anything about them being good.

MGS games have good gameplay, even the worst ones.
The only Taro game with semi-decent gameplay (and that's a stretch) had its gameplay made by other people.

>Peace Walker, MGS4, MGSV
Clearly you never played anything made by Yoko Taro if you think that his games have better gameplay than those.

I have thousands more hours in the Souls series than any Metal Gear or Taro game and I would still pick Taro

It wasnt the gameplay that made Automata popular but the writing.

>people who praise him have only played nier: automata
ftfy

This, most of his games are unplayable shit which Taro blames on everybody except himself.
Automata was like a dumbed down Bayo with a somehow stupider story.

I'm really getting sick of Kojima's diva act. He burns through funds hiring Hollywood talent and making abstract trailers gone with no actual gameplay to show and I'm starting to see why Konami dropped him.

I like Kojima from first metal gear on 8 bit. But Taro makes a better stories.
Story>gameplay.

All of the MGS games have had pretty good gameplay for their time. MGSV obviously is the weakest in terms of level design and variety, but it wouldn't be fair to not make mention of how it has the smoothest and most responsive controls so far and overall just feels great control-wise. The same goes for Nier Automata, with great action controls and movesets out of the gate, however pretty much let down entirely by enemy designs that don't fit with the playstyle the game goes for, and shitty balancing that makes it unfun for anyone who wants a hard but fair challenge.

Neither of them think gameplay is unimportant, in fact it was a huge priority for Kojima in his games that the gameplay remains fun and that is not sacrificed. Taro I think has mostly been held back by shit tier budgets with amateur dev teams. Drakengard and Nier could definitely have been a blast if the gameplay was fleshed out more, but SE has just never been good at this shit. With Nier at least, while he couldn't make awesome combat, he did his best to keep the game fresh and interesting by mixing so many genres into it. As for Platinum and Nier:A, the controls are fantastic and lightyears ahead of Drakengard and Nier, the only problem is the enemy designs don't really fit with the playstyle, and the balancing is just awful which makes it unfun for anyone who wants a hard but fair challenge, and it's really only because of those things that it wasn't the ARPG with DMC/Bayo combat that would have taken action games and RPGs to a new level.

The brown man.

nier automata is a low tier platinum juggler

strangely enough I enjoyed automata more than bayonetta

>Story>gameplay
Why not just read a book then.
Enduring hours of painful gameplay isn't worth it.

If Death Stranding is good, he'll be hailed as a genius.
If it sucks, he will still be hailed as a genius.

I have to second this. Bloodborne is by far a way more polished and complete game with much more solid gameplay, but Taro as a director just has such interesting ideas. As long as he has a decent budget and a team that knows how to make fun gameplay, the sky's the limit for this man.

Automata has better gameplay than all three of those

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDZ20yqw18E
No, look tetris has gameplay, but kids like Battletoads and Double dragon for story and ost.
Gameplay with a story it's like life.

Automata is a button masher with no depth or strategy.

Isn't that great?
Fuck this industry so hard

Double Dragon has good gameplay.

>past
Kojima
>future
Taro

>implying they won't team up for Death Stranding

>implying they wouldn't destroy each other

It's boring to punching everyone too long.

Taro, of course.

One of them is a literally who

I wonder if the haircut of the VA of 9S is actually his regular haircut. He could pass as both 9S and Kaneki.

It's like a Where's Waldo picture.

Because a book story and video game story are completely different kinds of experiences.

>hurr book stories are universally better than video games
Just fucking kys yourself.

Taro since Kojima apologists are the worst kind of people who suffer with Stockholm syndrome ever since MGSV release.

bayonetta is also a low tier platinum juggler with horrible pacing but fortunately withot taro's 'narrative'

I kind of hope it's good just because I like playing good games and I've had fun playing Kojima's games in the past.
Not gonna lie, it makes me worry a bit that the Konami white coats aren't there to reign in his auteur bullshit.

Nier actually delivered on the "chapter 2" stinger, in MGSV all you got was disappointment and EXTREME missions

Regardless of how much of a disappointment MGSV is, the gameplay is still VASTLY superior than any Taro game besides for Nier Automata, only because he didn't fucking design the gameplay for that.

>tfw you lived long enough for taro to be regarded as being more than Kojima's autistic little brother
feels good desu

name one (1) high-tier platinum juggler

Well Kojima can make games whenever he wants with a bigger budget than anyone in Japan.

The other guy has to go around and beg a studio to let him work for them.

>Because a book story and video game story are completely different kinds of experiences
True and in video games the experience is good if both story and gameplay are good and work well together. Try Drakengard 3 and tell me if they do.

Leave videogames to me

dmc 4
dmc 3
god hand

He seems to be a really chill guy who was a fan of Taro for years and played in Drakengard back when it was released.
He's really good as 9S given how much 9S resembles Kaneki both in terms of looks and personality.

Not him but here's a comprehensive list of all of Taro's games that weren't unplayable shit:

Nier: Automata

/list

I'd rather leave character design and ost to him.

He can do anything and everything

yoko taro

gosh he's so handsome...
ok i think ill give him a shot

That's 1 more than anything Kojima has made in the past decade.

MGSV was fun as fuck to run around in the world and mess with all the enemies with a shitload of weapons and tools at your disposable.
It's just that everything that was not that was awful.

MGS4 came out in '08.

Also, why does Nier Tomato count as a Taro game, but MGR doesn't count as a Kojima game?

none of those are platinum games though

MGR wasn't directed by Kojima
A Tomato was directed by Taro

Kojima made a shitload of good games, including stuff like Boktai and Zone of the Enders. Taro literally made one good but still heavily flawed game.