What are some western games where the katana is the strongest weapon

What are some western games where the katana is the strongest weapon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eLH5ma84TWI
youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's every game, and reality.

It's one of the strongest one handed melee weapons in New Vegas.

Also Goldbrand in Oblivion and Dragonbane in Skyrim are up there

Not Nioh

The claymore wrecks that weak shit.

That's a sword for weeaboo faggots.

Please.

South Park stick of truth

Even in japanese games it's hardly ever the strongest weapon unless it's the only weapon the game is using.

the strongest weapon is more usually that huge thing that makes no sense on either sides

Wrong
>literally used for chopping other blades in half to get to the opponent behind them

>he screen caps underage youtube arguments

>he doesn't main the stick

LAUGHING OUT LOUD

Don't nobody use that shit.

Best anime that season and it wasn't even anime.

Katana is the strongest weapon both in gamea and irl.

LFD2

Why do you need a gorillian folds when you can have a giant chunk of sharpened steel suited to crack shields and armor?

Doesn't prove anything.

>he hit the enemy only once with that flaming katana
>broke after

>comparing a sword to a warhammer as if the production cost was even remotely similar

Adulthood is realizing you don't have to keep pretending something isn't cool and pretty to fit in with a bunch of faggots

All of the Elder Scrolls games pretty much.

That thing can't possibly compare to glorious nippon steel that has been folded over 200 hundred times, it's indestructible

Dark Souls

>*blocks your path*

Don't mind me. Just the objectively greatest weapon coming through.

>this
Filthy Gaijin can't make a proper Katana

>katana punctures full plate
>sword barely scratchs it
Like, yeah, katanas suck for swordfights but are way more sharp that a longsword.
Not even a katanafag

Literally the weapon of peasants.

Level 25+ Blades katana with any good sigil stone enchant is best in game for unmodded Oblivion.

Range always wins. More range = better.

Try again

>a fucking toothpick

>crack shields and armor?
That never happened.
If you're up against plate armour your weapon becomes blunt damage.
Or piecing is better.

>bunch of peasants wielding a peasant weapon can fight on a similar power level as a trained shitter wielding a sword

BASED SPEAR

shit western made katana folded maybe 3 times fake news

>katana punctures full plate

Zweihander was great but it was no Claymore.

this

Claymore is a poor man's Zwei

Fable 2.

There only exist ONE.

I miss playing this back in the day. Online was fun as hell. Katana was pretty OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=eLH5ma84TWI

But user, that's not a picture of a Mongolian penis.

>useless swordfags think they can stand toe to toe against the trusty old spear
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH

Lets see you swordfags try to break this formation. Protip: You can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo
???

skyrim

Wow it took 300 of you to kill me wooooow.

They're both dishonoring and besmirching the Greatsword's esteemed name.

*blocks your path*

>he thinks medieval battles are fought 1v1

psssssh, take your army of sword fuckers and get outta here already

I wish there were polearms in more games

Go jerk your sticks of wood off in your tent, faggot.

>Implying I'm wasting bodies on you faggots to walk forward

Zweihander puts the great in greatsword.

Daily reminder that polearms were the mainstay infantry weapon all across the world, all the way up until the proliferation of gunpowder. And for good goddamn reason.

It's just plain and simple great though, it's not god-tier ULTRAgreat

So you wanna talk about ultra greatswords?

this so hard
every effective military used spears and polearms until gunpowder weapons finally toppled them from their perch as best weapon

Lance master race.
>Long range
>Light enough to keep a shield onhand

To be fair, lack of more advanced tactics throughout history laid credence to this. Many wars became a matter of "I have more dudes than they do, so I'll throw my army of dudes at their army of dudes, and the more dudes I have, the better." There are a lot of means to capitalize against pike formations and other static/far less mobile formations like this, but due to the difficulties of rapidly applied tactics, simpler formation strategies were the norm.

If you look at Mongolians, they obliterated these formations left and right, because they simply out-sped pike formations and would maneuver around them to strike at their many weak points. Field officers would easily be able to guide their cavalry back to base to get new orders when they have shown signs of fatigue, but the pikemen and other line infantrymen legitimately could not do anything against them. Especially when it came to retreat, where the cavalry archers would pick them apart as the main forces followed shortly behind and slaughtered any poor saps who tripped or fell. This is before we even get to Hannibal Barca's insanity on the frontlines.

Pikes are top-tier against barebones, simplistic strategies from simpler strategists. They're pretty weak against any well-formed elite force who know what to look for. I'd say Pikes are basically the same as spamming fireballs in a fighting game.

Gunpowder is really unbalanced it fucked up the system.

>Swiss
Fucking triggered m8 that's a Tercio at Rocroi

I dunno, Umbra is pretty great

This.
>Spear for stabbing at a distance
>Shield just in case
>Builds friendship
>Bad-ass looking wall of flesh and metal
Phalanges/hoplites are GOAT

>lack of more advanced tactics throughout history laid credence to this. Many wars became a matter of "I have more dudes than they do, so I'll throw my army of dudes at their army of dudes, and the more dudes I have, the better."

t. someone who has no fucking idea about military history and development of warfare as well as how complex some of the things involved were.

And it's a funny thing you mentioned Hannibal, since the warfare he waged was one of the greatest examples of using complex formations and terrain to create a force multiplier, battle of Cannae is still being studied in military academies. You should take a look at Roman maniples as well.

>And it's a funny thing you mentioned Hannibal, since the warfare he waged was one of the greatest examples of using complex formations and terrain to create a force multiplier, battle of Cannae is still being studied in military academies. You should take a look at Roman maniples as well.

So you're agreeing with me? I'm saying that most wars and most battles throughout history have simply been walls of men fighting other walls of men, with countless formations meant to allow different approaches or reserve units to strike in different locations. The overwhelming majority of armies throughout the world (I'm not talking about "Potent, high-strategy armies", I'm talking about all military forces) would just sling walls of men at something until it broke, and they would have siege weapons at times in order to break open walls where applicable. Only a few armies by comparison had actual strategists and tacticians, and out of those, very few were so well-formed and well-organized that they stood the test of time for a long history. Rome and Greece are the extreme outliers in historical military strategy.

That was folded 202 times

200 hundred?

left 4 dead 2 lol

Are polearmfags the waterfags of weapon threads?

In Fable 2, the strongest weapon is a katana called the Daichi. In Fable 1, katanas did more damage than longswords and a legendary katana outdamaged 90% of all other weapons.

I, a westerner, am making a game right now where the katana is the strongest weapon.

It's just such an aesthetic weapon.

No, I'm not agreeing with you. Making big posts is not going to make you look smarter either. Brevity is the soul of wit. They were not outliers, they were amalgamations of centuries of warfare and expansion that studied the enemies they fought against and assimilated the best hose they defeated had to offer. A lot of armies had competent military leaders that were skilled in affairs military and more mundane. Any large empire ended up having such people and such armies, be they east or west and reducing it to "throw men at other men until we win" is a gross oversimplification.

Not
so
fast

>unmodded TES games
>ever

you are the problem.

>waterfags

What's this about? AtLA?

FF12 where the masamune has a stupid combo modifier, at least until the zodiac version comes out and has the two super weapons.

>sharp
Steelfags go home.

l4d2

>glocks
Ugly and in too many games, a literal meme gun

M1911 however you get ye olde class and nice stopping power not to mention it being safe and easy to use, 106 years uf use nigger.

Even Africa had better/stronger swords.

What problem? Katana is the best sword for cutting flesh.

Good thing I never cared about katanas anyway and couldn't give any less of a fuck about what anyone here likes even if I tried.

Battleon. Ice Katana was OP as fuck.

They catch mosquitos by the thousands, smash them into patties, cook them, and eat them. I wouldn't turn to them for advice on how to wage war.

Nope. Best melee weapon in l4d2 is the baton from the Parish, has the highest dps. Katana is second best though.

WE

#2 looks like it might be pleasurable.

>Warfare 101 with Jamal
>A FUCKING STICK

Katana can deflect bullets. Checkmate.

fuck those are pretty!
I need more flintlocks in my life

>those halberds
This isnt like my Dynasty Warriors.

Those are neither weapons nor African..

>Game has Japanese weapons
>Only include the swords
Why no love for based Kanabo?
Knowing videogames though they'd probably make it hueg as fuck with massive spikes cause subtle aesthetic weapon design is lost on most game designers apparently.