Am I the only one that finds the soundtrack kind of cheesy?

Am I the only one that finds the soundtrack kind of cheesy?
Seriously everyone around me seems to be praising the soundtrack as some kind of godsend but to me while I like some of the instrumentals it just felt overall cheesy to me.

I feel like I'm crazy. Maybe its just because I don't like female singers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oX3IqPY4s5M
youtube.com/watch?v=-oIWGlbl92k
youtube.com/watch?v=CiP9Bhha0-4
youtube.com/watch?v=er96g27UKMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like cheesy soundtracks.

RULES OF NATTTTURRRRE

you'll never see it COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Who would win 1v1

Armstrong (pride of merica and taxas football)

or

Shido (glorious nippon steel)

Persona 5 OST was very bad imo.

I hope you never play Persona 3 or 4. You'll cringe yourself into a coma.

P5 needed more tracks

as good as the shapeshifter song is, it repeats way too much

This OP, coming fresh off Reach Out to the Truth P5's shit is pure gold

The soundtrack is really bad. I seriously wonder why all these hipster fucks pretend it's good.

If you said lyrics fine, but how the fuck do instrumentals feel cheesy?

But he said he liked some of the instrumentals user.

>" but to me while I like some of the instrumentals it just felt overall cheesy to me."

>tfw everyone saying p5 soundtrack

>not like BABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

SOME DANCES WANNA PUT YOU IN A TRANCEE

COME ON GIRL LET ME ROCK YOUR WORLD

>am I the only one who doesn't like X popular thing?
Yep, the only one in the entire fucking world.

Do you always think so literally?

Don't go fucking with a burnt lasagna! Yeah!
Get up off of that DICK.
Dance and shake on that swing.
Come on, girl, let me rock your world!

The fun of the OST is that its cheesy and over the top. Its the same with the style of the whole game.

Lemmie guess, first persona?

Persona had cheesy soundtrack since persona 3, last surprise is nothing compared to BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY OH YEAAH DEDERDENTEN DEDERENTEDEN BABEH BABEH DEDERENDENDEN YEAAAAH
and that's why i loved it

This may shock you, but there are people out there who don't pretend to be edgy dark grimderp serious business all the time and actually enjoy things that are cheesy and goofy and fun. Sounds crazy, right?

>to be edgy dark grimderp serious business all the time
Thats a pretty nice strawman you're building there.

Not him but I thought Persona 3 and Persona 4's soundtracks pumped me up a lot more than Persona 5's. Persona 5s style of music just made me feel meh.

I mainly don't like the woman thats singing.

Describe why you thought it was cheesy, because this is the first time I've ever heard the OST described in such a way and I'm curious.

Its because she sounds black isnt it

Wow you fuckinggggf sexists pig 828F8CRIJWHDJ@&รท$BEJD

Not OP,
I don't know if cheesy is the word I would use but when I hear Persona 5's soundtrack it just makes me think of a really shitty disco or something.

Club Jazz, the genre that Meguro took inspiration from for a lot of the OST, did come into being in the 80s London club scene, so I get that comparison is actually kind of apt.

I guess it comes down to whether you like that style of music or not. Most of 4's music made me want to pull my teeth out but I fucking love shit like Sunset Bridge.

Despite Last Surprise hitting meme status it's infinitely better than Reach Out to the Truth

With Mass Destruction being the best, obviously

Persona Q had a better battle theme than 3.

They're different genres really. Light up the fire is much more P4 than 3.
So whilst its better than reach out to the thruth, id put it equal with mass destruction because of the differences

It has some great songs, but most of it is forgetable, like any Meguro OST. Persona and Sony games generally don't have godlike OSTs like Nintendo, SE, or Capcom games.

Last Surprise > Mass Destruction > Reach Out to the truth

No.

Reach Out to the Truth > Last Surprise > Mass Destruction

Good joke.

>grrr, P4 was too popular, better pretend everything about it was bad or I will lose my Sup Forums cred

Reach Out to the Truth is an okay song at best, but it is absolutely awful as battle music.

I'M A SHAPESHIFTER

>Doesnt think Last Surprise is awful battle music

Are you taking the piss? Did you mean to say Last Surprise?

It's only issue is being too quiet ingame. It's leagues better than Reach Out To The Truth.

>implying timing the all out attack to YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING isn't the tightest shit
The post-battle music fucking sucks, though.

The result screen is too slow for my liking

The singer has a nice voice but her enunciation is bad and she has terrible problems pronouncing a lot of english words, slurring the fuck out of them.

"Shapeshifter" becomes this "Shesheter" like mess of a sound.

You guys are seriously saying that upbeat JPop is good battle music? It immediately opens with heavy Engrish, and battles are over so quickly you'd rarely ever get to chorus where it actually gets decent.

Hahaha so I'm not the only one, when the intro came up the first time I thought it was a black woman too.

The credits song didn't stick with me like p3 nor even p4s

So, like all Persona singers?

But Light up the fire had two versions, how can you say that.

It doesn't suck, it's just that you blitz through the results before it gets really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=oX3IqPY4s5M

At 18 seconds I dunno what instrument that is, but I love it.

It's all over the place quality-wise.

The final boss theme is so fucking boring, but I guess it's difficult to top P3's.

Jazz Lounge Organ with a bass guitar.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter to Meguro because it's not meant to be intelligible, it's just english so it's not distracting to Japanese players. Meanwhile it's hella distracting to western players playing for several hours having no idea what the lyrics are, looking them up, and then still being confused as to how you'd mispronounce Desert as Dessert.

I can't recall a single instance of LJ enunciating words poorly. He's the only one who actually doesn't.

Some kinda house organ, like a Hammond with a Leslie speaker.

My only problem with last surprise is that it doesn't sync up right after I cancel negotiating with shadows.

It's good with that side boss song though.

Even with a P3 version it still overall sounds like a persona 4 song orginally but then had a p3 version.
The p3 version is still great but you can hear the p4 jpop in it

I'VE NEVER FELT LIKE
dududundundundundun

SO MISERABLE

Lotus Juice maybe doesn't quite pass as a real American but it's close enough. Every single female singer they've had is absolutely awful at pronouncing though.

I guess that's fair, I agree with you.

ENGRISHENGRISHENGRISHENGRISH

OVER YOU

I thought the credit song was great user

>Singers

A RIVER IN A DRYYYYY LAAAAAAND

>He hasn't listened to Do for Love
You're missing out on some quality Juice, friend.

>He hates a song so he must hate the entire game!
Reach Out to the Truth was a shitty battle theme. Thankfully Golden remedied this problem with Time to Make History

>tfw you're a shapshefter

It starts with the chorus. My battles end so quick in P5 I rarely get to hear YOU NEBA SEE IH CUMEEEEEEN. The Engrish is honestly much worse in P5.

To be fair I think Last Surprise is even worse than Reach Out To The Truth.

"Tried to run me though? Hold on!" Shut the fuck up.

Intro music: p5 > p3fes > p4dan > p3 > pq > p4 > p4g > p3p

Battle music: pq > p3 > p5 > p3p > p4 > p4g

Credits music: p3 > p4 > p5

Overall: p3 > p5 > p4 > pq

>Liking PQ's battle theme the most

A man of taste

Generally speaking i've found that battle themes with vocals right off the bat like Reach Out to the Truth tend to wear thin and get annoying faster

HEY, LET GO OF THE REMOTE

But then the debate just becomes p3 vs p4 version.

The correct answer is both.

Also those 1970's disco-strings just going to town every time a battle starts. This soundtrack has so much sweet music with organs and guitars and the main battle theme is this disco bullshit...

When you only have 1 song for ordinary battles in your 100 hour JRPG it really needs to be good and not start grating too fast. Never understood why they don't have a couple songs for battles but just have one, at least until the updated version comes out like they did for Golden.

COPY AND PASTE

SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING

I'M A SHAP SHIFTER

I miss LJ's shitty engrish rapping

The disco is the best part thought, you pleb.

youtube.com/watch?v=-oIWGlbl92k
Best song

The first time I played this the harmonica shit at the beginning nearly blew my ears out.

"I'm a sheshister"

All wrong, just stop.

A sheshifre?

THIS CAROUSEEEEEEEEEL!

NOW I FACE OUT

fuck wrong pic

is there a more FUCKING INTENSE track than this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=CiP9Bhha0-4

>itt: plebs

Best battle theme is WIPING ALL OOOOOUUUTTTT

I thought it was Sharpshooter at first

The fuck are these lyrics?

>tfw you're not a princess

I HOLD OUT

>implying Layer Cake isn't the best item shop music of all time

Not from the games, but
youtube.com/watch?v=er96g27UKMQ