Witcher 3 is a bad game

Witcher 3 is a bad game

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/1084019
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well I think Witcher 3 is a good game

Okay, thank you for your opinion. Now please kindly kys.

Best game

It's quite unremarkable but the graphics leave a very good impression and there's a lot of dialogue.

Press your Witcher Senses button to type your rebuttal

false

This.

>overrated
yes
>bad
no

though ill say my experience was about a year after it was released and because of the hype it was underwhelming for me but with such shit games lately it was still very fun

Witcher 3 is an overrated game.

It has alot of great aspects to it, but the combat and general character movement is too wonky for it to deserve all that critical acclaim.

The main story was also very weak.

Overrated is a fucking stupid word.
>People like this thing more than I think they should
People like something as much as they do, that's that.

>The main story was also very weak.

>have dedicated book author and script writer
>W1 is amazing story wise
>fire him for W2 decide to westernize the story
>classical hurrr monster hunter
>whatever the W3 was

that's not what i was saying i said with all the praise it had gotten my experience would never be able to live up to it

Does it surprise you that people who don't like TW3 use blanket terms?
There's really not much shitposters can get on with it. Since even fans agree that the combat is a weakness. And everything else needs to be covered by blanket statements, because it has no footing.

No.

My tastes are more objective and reasonable.

Witcher 3 got praised for all the wrong reasons, but people still fawn over it because it's the little franchise that could.

>see what all the hype is about
>10/10 game according to fucking EVERYONE
>Sup Forums says it's bad but don't listen because everythig Sup Forums says is wrong
>buy game a year late
>play it
>100% daughterfu/waifu pandering
>100% wonky movement
>it sucks
it sucks

Not him but I only started a week ago and all the hype seems to be justified so far. I've never seen a game designed so coherently and ripe with detail and attention.

Is it red or is it dead?
Better to just remove the nightmare
Pumpkin soup no problem
On the other hand there's lobotomy
Don't mind the bird floating above your head
It's not like Jesus ever give you a green hand

Yennefer is incredible. She's ALL pussy.

She's a sour pussy yeah

*sigh

i didn't say i didn't think its a good game it was my 2015 goty but if i had just picked it up without hearing about it i would have been surprised by everything

Post coherent b8 next time plz

I get that, I was just stating that it depends on the person. For me the hype didn't deflate the experience. Thats all.

Too bad quest design is absolute garbage and there's not a single challenging quest because the game handholds you through everything.

No, Witcher 3 is a good game.

Disclaimer: This shillpost has been paid for by CD Projekt S.A. and the views and opinions expressed may not reflect those of the poster.

>Too bad quest design is absolute garbage
>he didn't like following the flying fetus
Opinion discarded. Not that there was much to go with anyway.

Probably a bit overrated, but still an amazing game imo. Great quests, great story, great world. Honestly the only thing dragging it down is the combat against human enemies. All their fucking blocking and parrying is really annoying. good thing you can break the combat and be a walking/spinning death machine

The game is very good. Numerous 10/10 and GOTY awards are a proof of that.

quest were supposed to be immersive as fuck in this game, not challenging. what did you expect, puzzles? it's a story focused game first and foremost

Pretty much the only game I've played that deserved every bit of praise it gets.
I'm glad I forced myself through the slog that was TW1 and that "play once never touch again" thing that TW2 was supposed to be, so that I could feel the improvement. TW3 is rightfully regarded as a master piece. And I'm glad that it is. Even the fucking side quests are amazing and feature more detail than other games' main stories. Contrarians like you don't even bother me much.
TW3 is on the safe side in history.

>All their fucking blocking and parrying is really annoying
Press L2 and done.

The combat is mediocre, but works well enough
Graphics are pretty nice
Main story is good
Really good sidequests
Expansions are nice

Overall a good game

It's a good game. DLC is exceptional.

literally guides you to your next objective

Best

Witcher 3 was the second best game of it's year.

Are you saying that following the fetus actually had a purpose? Ayo hold up! So let me get this straight; you followed something to actually get somewhere? Huh.... well I never...

8/10
If it had cuhrayzee combat then it would be 10 but I give 8 because it is a game and not a movie and gameplay in a game is the most important part
Story and ost is a 10/10

>inb4 fallout 4

it's still bad game design

>following someone leads somewhere
>bad game design
Well of course. What was I expecting?

Nope.

>immersive
What the fuck does this even mean.
And how the fuck is analyzing red clues and following red footsteps for 120 hours immersing?

No, not really.

What?
So, if a game is focused on story, it can't have anything remotely challenging?
What the fuck?

>W2
>classical hurr monster hunter
???

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a game about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this game that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this game is for you. If you own a fedora this game is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this game is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys games about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit game is not for you and given the fact that there are no games like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough of the meme mary sue medieval fantasy shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit game.

>the state of consciousness where an immersant's awareness of physical self is diminished or lost by being surrounded in an engrossing total environment

>abusing boring whirl instead of bombs and potions
>not being behind two decoctions and at least 4 potions at all times

And how is TW3's completely unchallenging and boring quest design ''immersive''?

fpbp

>No, not really.
Oh yes.

>Great quests
Yeah, remember this one where you analyze red clues in a cave?
And where you analyze red clues in a house?
And when you follow red footsteps in a forest?
God, so awesome.

Son didn't I tell you to stop talking bad about your friends games?

It makes you look like a big smelly willy

Heres your (you) you desperately want with complimentary reaction image

Did you even read the post, or could you just not comprehend it? Because your question couldn't be more besides the point.

What is fun about following things?
You followed that blue flying baby, you found a drowner or a wolf every couple of minutes.
That's it.
That's the definition of fun to you?
Did you enjoy Mass Effect Andromeda too?

It's just your opinion.

>big smelly willy

>le first le post le best le post

When did reddit take over?
Why do people speak like redditors in here?
What's next?
'Sigh'? '*action*'? 'HMMMMM'?

Hahaha hidden and saged. Nice try OP

Remember that part in Doom where you walk and shoot? Remember that part in Tetris where you rotate the pieces around one axis and move them along another?

No it was Undertale

>not the first post by this IP
>still replies to the OP
Someone's mad.

And those requiered a semblance of skill, unlike getting close to red stuff and pressing a button.
Where are the challenging quests?
Is there a single quest that doesn't completely handhold you and tell you exactly what to do, where to go and how to solve ''puzzles''?
Seriously, I was yesterday doing one in Novigrad exploring some house for Djikstra.
It told me to solve the puzzle to open the secret passage in it.
You know what it was?
Using my Batman vision to find a book in a small room with pretty much nothing else in it, and putting it exactly where it told me to.
That's a puzzle according to TW3.

>What is fun about following things?
Are you asking if it was fun to find out whats happened to the Red Baron's wife? Yes it was. We dug out the fetus, did a ritual and I followed it to the site where she was dragged off. Then I went to Novigrad(took my time riding slow to marvel at the amazingly designed open world) and found out that she joined the witch hunters and that her mother was dragged off by a fiend, as it turned out later, because she made a pact with the crones. Yes user, that was quite a lot of fun.
>Did you enjoy Mass Effect Andromeda too?
wut?

One of the best games I've played desu. Really enjoyed the main storyline and the latest dlc. I hope they allow you to have some of those vampire powers in their next game.

>Is there a single quest that doesn't completely handhold you and tell you exactly what to do, where to go and how to solve ''puzzles''?
No, because that shit is outdated grandpa. We don't want to artificially turn a +80hr game into an 800hr game just so we can pat ourselves on the back walking around aimlessly for hours and solving a McDonalds Happy Meal tier puzzle ourselves.
Get on with the times.

>Sup Forums: UGHH I MISS WHEN GAMES WERE ALL ABOUT GAMEPLAY AND NOT MOVIES UGH
>*consistently cream their jeans over games where the writing/characters/story take precedent over the actual gameplay like TW3, Persona 5, MGS and GTA*
Kek, drown yourselves in bleach you little cocksuckers.

>Are you asking if it was fun to find out whats happened to the Red Baron's wife?
Videogames that rely on story because their gameplay are completely uninteresting are failures. Mainly because those stories are always trash due to the fact that good writers never touch this industry.
No, a guy hitting his wife because that wife cucked him and her leaving is not interesting, yet the game wastes about 7 hours on that.
Doesn't help that is followed by Novigrad where the entire game slows down to a crawl.

>wut?
It's a videogame made for you.
An open world where everything is marked perfectly on the map to make exploration pointlesswith an incredibly simple, retard-proof quest design.
You even have a version of the Batman vision that you need to use to scan things, you'll probably love it.

Ah yes, forgot that now it's the time for casuals that simply don't want to put any effort into anything, you need to be given everything in a silver plate because if not it's just too hard.

Oh boy, a fat as fuck redditor unironically describing actions with asterisks, as predicted in here Where do you come from, scum?
Which one is your favourite subreddit?

>Videogames that rely on story because their gameplay are completely uninteresting are failures.
>failures
>TW3
Well good luck with that one buddy.

>casuals
>muh normies destroying muh escapism reeeeeeee! why dont they design games around me?

It failed at being a good videogame, I mean, look at this, the only defense you have is this >WOAH DUDE WHY WOULD I WANT A NON-CASUAL GAME LIKE, HELLO, IT'S 2017 XD

But yes, analyzing red clues was epic as fuck.
You know what was even more epic than that?
Doing hours and hours of boring and uninteresting fetch quests in order to get some armor that didn't look like pijamas.

Amazing lack of arguments and inability to defend this videogame.
Then again, can't be hard defending the Battlefield of RPGs.

Don't you EVER fucking talk to me like that again you little SHIT.

What you're saying is
>The games quality depends on its praise
Rather than
>The games praise depends on its quality

Stop being stupid.

>greentexting in all caps
Yep, thats your niveau alright. Also
>It failed at being a good videogame
>TW3
As said before, good luck with that one buddy. You don't have to try to convince me, so I'm not sure why you're parroting the same things in every post. Do you value my opinion so much user? I'm sorry but I don't care.

Why are you here.

If you complain about Skyrim and like Witcher 3 you're a hypocrite and the same type of person as you complain about "ruining the industry".
Witcher 3 is the most casual "RPG" released in history, it has no stats, NO FUCKING STATS, NO FUCKING CLASSES, NO BUILDS

You do care since you are replying.
And now you are trying to desperately move goalposts because you can't refute absolutely anything.
As I said, could someone actually mention a quest here where you got stuck and had to think in order to progress?

Thats right it doesnt need defending.

>Game
Movie. And yes, it's a poorly written movie.

Yup. And both those things were fun.

You may repeat yourself that over and over since you can't defend it.
I mean, you are replying to me, so if you could defend it, you would.
Don't worry user, this journey of doing favors to do favors to do favors to know where the biggest Mary Sue in vidya could have been before the very evil guy who does evil stuff and has a very evil looking skull mask was mind-blowing.

Visual novel*

No I don't care about your opinion about TW3. I do care about you sperging out though.
I'm also not sure what you mean by refuting. Your opinion? Because as stated, I don't care about it. You don't like the quest design. So?
If I said I like it, it would be "refuted" already. Because you don't say anything more than that.

I didn't say I didn't like it, I said it was casualized garbage made for the Skyrim audience.

This is the same guy right?

Yes user, and this
is also the same guy.
It seems these two individuals are holding a conversation.

>I said it was casualized garbage made for the Skyrim audience.
And?

And that's a fact.
If we agree, then perfect, if not, you are wrong.

Actually not quite. There's only one (you) for me out of three in there.

>So, if a game is focused on story, it can't have anything remotely challenging?

define challenging instead of spewing buzzwords

Die user's Pie Adventures fag
derpibooru.org/1084019

> I have no argument so I'm going to resort to reaction images

Nice. Witcher 3 is a casual piece of shit. Horrendous "story" with a generic edgy villain with no motive and no continuing arcs except the Bloody Baron. Absolutely horrendous gameplay with no depth to speak of, copy-pasted quests about opening treasure chests with shit look and chasing reskinned enemies with the same fucking animation set and skeleton with a different colour schemes, what choices you make don't matter, and there's a whole load of nothing in the open world.

Something that isn't completely given to you in a silver plate.
If they drop you into a cave, no need to tell me exactly where to go, when to use my Batman vision, and when to use some powers.

how do i git gud at this game and not get BTFO instantly in velen right after i leave white orchard?

I wouldn't say agree because things like "casualized garbage for the Skyrim audience" doesn't really have any substance to it. It means literally nothing. There is no assertion in that statement.