Gets bored of shitty spiritual succesor RPGs

>Gets bored of shitty spiritual succesor RPGs
>Remembers Oblivion
>Remembers Oblivion's shitty leveling system and level scaling
>Downloads Oblivion XP and Francesco's leveled Creatures and Items mod
>Comfiest TES game becomes even comfier.

Skyrim is vastly superior.
since then I haven't touched Oblivion with a ten foot pole. I liked Shivering Isles the most but it's the most un-TES of all TES games.

>people mad at skyrim and oblvion
>meanwhile i still cannot forgive bethesda for morrowinds dumbing down.

I won't deny that mechanically speaking Skyrim is better and that compared to the other TES games its setting is the most cookie-cutter but the writing and exploration felt fun rather than a chore like it was in Skyrim.

> plays game
> doesn't mod it

HOOOOOLLYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

> mechanically speaking Skyrim is better

lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

NO

How did he do it, user?

???

He doesn't suffer from autism or virginitis.

Poor Daggerfags.

There's like five oblivion threads. I sense manipulation.

>implying 90% of daggerfalls quests weren't bugged to shit and morrowind was the most consistent ES to date

seriously plebian, I doubt you've even played it

>implying a handcrafted world with varied environments that all seamlessly blend doesn't BTFO oblivions copy-pasted fields
>implying skyrim's unique dungeons filled with 10x the variety doesn't BTFO oblivions shitty caves that are all the same and have chests lazily thrown around because bethesda rushed the game out the door for "next gen"

Oblivion is superior compared to Skyrim in terms of atmosphere.
City variety is much better compared to Skerim.
Quest are just the best of the best. Interesting quests with different tasks.
Gosh I just love Oblivion.

>Play Morrowind
>Ask NPC about necromancy
>Get told its legal in Cyrodil and there are magic shops that sell body parts for the budding necromancer and people sign contracts that give their body to necromancy guilds upon death.

>Play Oblivion
>"Necromancy is da bads because breton wizard man said day da bads"
>All because of the fully voiced meme

Modded Oblivion is the best TES experience available.

It's world feels properly alive and interactive, shit happening all around you.

city variety
>every town has the same chapel
>every town has the same guilds
>every town is just a couple houses strewn around

The necromancer guild in the game are only villains by circumstance. If the new arch-wizard wasn't such a pansy ass bitch they'd be totally chill with you.

how did you get the mods to work

OBMM/nexus always fuck up for me

Wyre Bash for Francesco's mod and just OBMM for Oblivion XP

god, how annoying.

I think Sup Forums is the only place on the internet full of fucktards who seriously are contrarian about healthy progress in game development when it comes to sequels. as if Skyrim didn't take everything from Oblivion and made it 10x times better. no, some of you think it's worse and any point you make doesn't even follow logically. this is a board of fucking hypocrites, I swear.

>Daggerfall Sup Forumsipsters
your game was broken, random and padded to hell.

Why do you speak from such a strange perspective?

Any mods that add some Necromancer spells to the game?

>urge to play oblivion
>download.and install
>start installing mods
>see the name Wrye Bash in mod requirements
>UninstallWizard.exe

say wut

>Remembers Oblivion's shitty leveling system and level scaling
What? I played it first time week ago and beat main quest without much difficulty.

What level were you at the endgame?

>gets
>remembers
>remembers
>downloads
I think you need to level your speechcraft

Its the equevalant of "lol miss" of morrowind, people hate it for the sake of hating it and wont shut the fuck up about it. I dream for the day that i see an oblivion thread free of bitching about the leveling/scaling and the character models.

>install
>waste countless hours installing add-ons
>start playing
>immediately uninstall

fuck off back to Sup Forums, faggot

>tfw you've gotten so good at shutting down oblivionfags they either stop replying or ignore half your arguments
>tfw you don't even like skyrim that much but can see the fact that it massively improved upon the formula

None of that has anything to do with the mechanics.

Also
>Implying Skyrim's dungeons aren't hand-crafted via ctrl+v

Oh, well the game actually starts to get shittier as you level up. By the time you're level 20 random bandits are wearing glass and daedric armor as if they were as abundant as leather.

> character models.
They are better than in unpatched ME:Andromeda, lol

By the time I'm level 20 I'll drop the character and start another one.
Actually I already dropped the main quest character.

kek show me one dungeon in oblivion that is as densely detailed with objects or visually interesting in any way as skyrim

the only reason oblivions maps look "better" through a flat map (in those meme images) is because they are literally copy pasting the same hallway over and over

People forget that the game might have some weak spots but its a good game none the less exactly like morrowind but oh no, since this ISNT morrowind shitposting is inevitable. Im not mad im just sick of it.

oblivion remaster when
fix the leveling and some other things and it's pretty decent

You can't seriously compare Daggerfall->Morrowind to Morrowind->Oblivon, Oblivion and Skyrim essentially copied Morrowind's quest design and open world formula only dumbing it down while Morrowind created an entirely new formula for the series.

oblivion is fun
FUN

I enjoyed Morrowind back in 2001, but I just can't take it seriously anymore, it lacks fundamental stuff. There is only so many times you can hear that argonian telling you "The prey approaches" at the exact same place near Balmora gates.

I'd like to play Oblivion again seen as it's still too soon to do another Morrowind playthrough, I just don't want to go through the hassle of modding it and there's no way I can play it vanilla.

What did Skyrim do better?

The world is the only thing I feel they did better. That and the couple really good dungeons in Skyrim were much better than the couple good dungeons in Oblivion.

The quests are worse, the game is practically not an RPG, muh scaling is still a problem in Skyrim albeit not as much of one plus the game gets hilariously easy despite this.

Also, despite me feeling the world is better, the world can care less about what you do. The civil war questline was pointless, the Thalmor plot goes nowhere, and assassinating the emperor doesn't even change a line of Tulluis' dialogue.

The removal of stats was a huge hit against the game I feel. A variety of stats each with their own use was boiled down to Health, Fatigue, and Magicka. Sure, you get perks, but the vanilla perk trees are boring and obvious. In Oblivion and Morrowind you can break the game via alchemy. Want to get 6000 acrobatics and jump across Cyrodill? You can.

>mechanically skyrocket is better
You fucking wot?

If you honestly think removing attributes and destroying the leveling system and skill levels was better not to mention the slough of bugs with dragons and magic was a good thing then you really might need to kys

Even so its justified with the fact that it is an old game, something shitposters tend to forget.

>hurr durr muh model quality

Ye no shit son, this was 2006 not two days ago.

>Muh few voiced dialogs
You mean compared to non existant voice dialogs in morrowind?

>muh leveling
This is what makes me think people in this board cannot play games, how the fuck can you not understand such a simple gameplay mechanic? Those who struggle with oblivion's gameplay deserve no respect.

>muh deadric bandits
Yet another shitty arguement. In order to actually find a bandit in FULL deadric set you'd need to be very high level and also lucky. In my best save, bandits wear a mix of light armor set, glass and/or mithril if i recall and in all the damn time that i've been playing oblivion i doubt i've ever found a bandit with a FULL deadric set and even if you DO find one, so what? You want to be a special snowflake that only you can have the edgy armor? Fuck you, the world evolves with your progress accoardingly, you'd think everyone would be stupid and not get their hands on better gear or something? Then you'd complain about how enemies are weak and dont improve later on.

I've been defending Oblivion, but the scaling is broken.

This is what I do. When I want Dwarvish, around level 12 I kill the Orc in the Dark Brotherhood. If I want Ebony I'll kill the Orc in Leyawinn. When I want Deadric I go to the Rosy Inn or whatever it's called and kill the bitch with Chameleon. If I want Deadric weapons I'll do the quest in the Waterfront where Bandits high-jack the boat.

I didn't really mention why I have a problem with knowing exactly where to get shit. The problem is having to fucking wait to get it.

I was just venting out on what most people say, its not you. As for what you mentioned, yes the same can be done for morrowind too actually. Anyway for me its not that bad that enemies get upgraded and provide a challenge, i mean whats the point if you can one shot everyone after a certain point?

Yeah, I just feel that the scaling is asinine. In morrowind if you want Deadric you can get at level 1. You have to wait until level 21ish in Oblivion. Plus quest items scale. Meaning any reward you get prior to level 40 is shit.

Also, one-shotting shit after a point is the point. The dev's just need to add content that can challenge a player at that point.

Let's not forget the most important part:
Barring the lack of mesh weights and morphing, the game has the superior adult mods and animations.

I get you although there is some unique equipment you can get in oblivion that doesnt level and is generally helpful.

There's a balance in that in oblivion,yes you will find some chunky enemies but others will be quite easy to take down especially when you got some of the best gear and/or spells.

What has the better mods? Oblivion or Skyrim?

Skyrim by far. It has a lot of shitty mods but the good far outweigh the bad.

>The removal of stats[attributes] was a huge hit against the game I feel.
It was the greatest thing that has ever happened to TES. Attributes acted like pointless numbers in the grand scheme of things. Sure, they made the start a bit different for each character. However, does this "personified" start really justify the package of stat management.

Attributes are not the only way to personify a start. The easiest way to personify a start is to have the background dialogue and add appropriate modifiers to players. Players could even pick modifiers from a list where each modifer cost points and assemble their character that way. In that screen, certain modifiers would be not selectable according to race wherever a modifier doesn't make sense ("Big Boobs" modifier for a male argonian would not be possible). Kinda like space empire 4X game species designers, or like Crusader Kings 2 character designer or etc.

For example. Player chooses an easy start and gets to choose modifiers for 10 points. Player chooses "Magical Affinity +50% Base Mana - Cost: 4"; "Noble - start out with a fat wad of cash - Cost: 2"; "Rape Eyes - 10% of enemies will flee in terror the moment they see you".

Or for example. Player chooses a hard start and gets to choose modifiers for -2 points. Player chooses "Insufferable Personality - all persuasion attempts are harder - Cost: -2"; "NEET Wisdom - start out with all editions of Lusty Argonian Maid in inventory - Cost: -2"; "Fap Hand Strength - one handed damage +50% - Cost: 2"

Oblivion has a lot of good mods too, the problem is that they're not on the Nexus so Skyrim babbies don't even know they exist.

Best bait I've ever seen.

>joins more than one group
That never gets any less retarded. My group has split groups for different games like "engineering games"

[a text that user disagrees with]
>I-Its bait

>some of you think it's worse and any point you make doesn't even follow logically

Skyrim took every game mechanic of Oblivion and just removed features. Nothing had been added. In world design everything good about Oblivion was added, but in this area it also succeeded where Oblivion failed

Things in Oblivion that are removed from Skyrim:
>Ability to block at all times
>dodging (acrobatics)
>vertical maneuverability (acrobatics)
>jumping on water without magic (acrobatics)
>spell making
>ability to cast while using two hands
>having spells actually affect stats so you know how powerful they are
>enchanting arrows
>having hundreds of spells
>expansive and well written guild quests
>expansive and well written side quests for towns and cities

Worldbuilding things in Oblivion removed from Skyrim
>towns constructed in a logical and realistic structure
>filled with people full of local problems
>counts all had personalities and their own way of doing things
>secrets in almost every city
>guild presence in every city
>major city is the largest in the game by a significant factor
>can spend hours doing quests just in the main city
>level designs for stealth missions

Worldbuilding things in Skyrim that were lacking in Oblivion
>Visual exposition of the world while traveling
>Significantly varied regions geographically
>leveling is not off the wall retarded
>more content to be discovered by exploring off the main paths
>feels more like a real continent than just towns and cities spread out across a randomly populated map

this was me until about 2 years ago I actually used Wrye Bash and holy fucking shit I don't know why I was so afraid of it. It's so easy to use and it just werkz.

The worst thing than Skyrim removed was the AI features imo. Some stuff like responsibility just got completely removed, and certain dynamic interactions were completely removed as well.

In skyrim you wont find NPCs trying to steal food from them if they don't have any in their inventory, won't loot etc. Less interaction in general. Plus most NPC schedules are just basic ones that repeat every 24 hours, while Oblivion NPCs had detailed 7 day schedules.

>play skyrim
>be in Whiterun
>80% of NPCs stand still the entire fucking day and then just go to sleep at night
>my fucking face when

The system you're describing in the last 2 paragraphs are from classic RPGs which are way more stat heavy than anything today