I can't dodge his attacks at all. I am mad as fuck right now

I can't dodge his attacks at all. I am mad as fuck right now

Trying for hours and didnt even bring him to 50%

None of the previous bosses were this annoying

Also the fact that there's no textures so I can't judge his position when he's far. And the smoke which sometimes completely covers him so I can't see shit

bullshit.mp3

but somehow there are people beating him at sl 1 without even rolling. must be luck, right?

He's probably a lot of peoples hardest boss of the game
but you play dark souls for the challenge, so buck up, fuccboi

git gud

He took me no less than a dozen times to finally kill, and yet I didn't come to Sup Forums to cry about it.

Git gud you fucking casual scum

Just roll in to him.

>no textures
niggawatt
>smoke completely covers him
whats wrong your computer bro
he literally has the most sparkling spear in existance, either there is something wrong with ur eyes or your computers

Stay at range, bait his superman slam you can just walk underneath it and you can get a couple of hits in, rinse and repeat

your brain must be inferior to mine

bow down to my mighty brain, you shitter who can not time his rolls

Shit boss. I liked Champion Gundyr more.

Baby mode boss compared to Darkeater Midir, and I beat him solo after 20 tries (Midir). Git gud and keep at it, something will click eventually and you will beat him.

Just use Lothric Knight Shield and block everything you're not confident in dodging, the chip damage you'll take is only like 40-50 HP.

hes extremely easy though, its mostly just "cool"

I feel you, I just got back into DaS3 with the Fire Fades edition and that whole fight got me assblasted.

The key with him is to hug him and rotate, block the first hit and use your dodge to get away from the following 1 or 2.
You can only get 1 maybe 2 hits in at a time so you really have to fight at a snails pace.

I want to kill myself knowing someone did this without rolling.

Am I the only person who found Champion Gundyr to be the hardest boss in the game?
He blows Nameless King out of the water for me, since NK only killed me twice, while Gundyr killed me well over 10 times.

I didn't have any trouble with him but I totally understand why people might based on their load out and play style.

Gundyr is just pressure, constant pressure.

Nigga
Use a crossbow

I stopped trying after the third trie.

>the smoke which sometimes completely covers him so I can't see shit
This is pretty bad. When this happens I just back way the fuck off and reset to a neutral position. It's a tough fight but, like any other boss, it just requires memorizing the timing of his attacks and rolling appropriately. If you're not below 70% then get there. Otherwise, you better have a super bomb ass fucking shield. You should also catch on to when he does certain moves that leave him open, like when he's holding his spear to his side before shooting lightning to the sky. He just stands there for such a long time during this and the lightning is easy to dodge once you have the timing down so this is an excellent opportunity to do massive damage. He's one of the hardest bosses (although I personally find Soul of Cinder to be tougher) but you should have it with enough practice. He's definitely easier than some of the bullshit Dark Souls 2 bosses, like those skinny sentinels or the group of gargoyles that gang up on you.

Soul of Cinder was so cool I couldn't even get mad in the slightest when he killed me.
It was just another chance to fight the most straight forward fair fight in the game.
Dope music too.

Nameless King was just garbage.
The whole first phase with the bird was just a fight with the camera and an attempt to wast my estus just so NK would have an easier time killing me with that thrust that seems to have ALL the range in the world.
Music was terrible too.

OP here I didn't use a shield at all in my game, maybe I should try it

upgrading a shield good idea?

Git gud only shield is target shield parry the fucker like a real man

This is exactly how I feel except I didn't get to soul of cinder yet

I had a tough time with champion gundyr and died like 15 times but I enjoyed every attempt
same with pontif and other bosses

nameless king is a garbage fight that makes me mad

Try summoning.

I absolutely hate that the floor is just clouds. I can for the love of god not gauge the distance to the head.

I had the same problem with 4 Kings and was hitting the air because I thought I was in range.

If you don't need a shield then you don't need a shield. You're good without it. Up to you though. At really high levels, certain greatshields, like Havel's, completely trivializes the whole game.

bullshit gimmick

the "floor is clouds" is actual artificial difficulty imo

I can't see how far he is because there's no fucking floor and no point of reference

if you can't deal with not having a shield go with the one from the dragonarmor boss that blocks like 95 lightning

Didn't fight that guy yet

I watched Pat do the Demon in Pain/Demon Below/Demon Prince fight with 2 phantoms.
Felt bretty good doing it solo.

almost everyone who isn't garbage did it solo first time.

You don't even need anything that meaty.
The Silver Knight shield or an upgraded Lothric Knight Shield would work.

Trying to beat NK without a shield is hard. You can only dodge so much and a shield will help cover you a little, which counts for a lot. If you have Faith, definitely apply Tears of Denial throughout the fight as it activates quickly and will save you from unforeseen hits. Equipping the Thunder Stoneplate Ring (hidden somewhere in Archdragon Peak) will help quite a bit too since all of his attacks deal lightning damage.

> 2 Phantoms
Why make that fight unnecessarily last longer when you could solo him faster.

>thinking royal sentinels or gargoyles in DaS 2 are harder than this boss
Not OP, but Nameless King is by far the hardest boss for me in DaS3, maybe one of the hardest bosses in the Souls series for me.
Not once have I ever had trouble with the Sentinels, nor Gargoyles. I can get those down easy, but Nameless King continues to fucking elude me and it's frustrating.

Midir is easy except for the bullshit phase 2 laser beam. Every move is heavily telegraphed. You even get a free riposte that takes off 1/4 of his health.

I would agree he's the toughest. His shoulder checks and kicks wreck the circle and hug strategy that works for almost every other boss. Whenever I fight him he kicks my ass with combos as soon as I get on the defensive and try to heal

On my first playthrough, I did it with a Lothric Shield, probably +6. I remember asking Sup Forums for help and I kept getting replies about how underleveled I was for that area (I think I was around 50?) so it felt good when I finally beat him. On my second playthrough, I did it with Shield of Want +4, but I was massively overleveled. Still gave me a tough time though.

By the way, is it just me or was the Pontiff's ghost thing not killable in the original release? I remember having an insanely difficult time against him when he summoned his ghost but now he aint shit anymore. Again, though, I might have just been really underleveled at the time.

I'm pretty sure you could always kill his ghost/Stand thing.
It has a little normal enemy health bar that displays but with all the effects and shit going on it might be hard to see.
If you were going to town on it and couldn't bring it down then you probably were underleveled.

Is fume knight still objectively the hardest boss from all the soulbourne games?

>trie
so about the same amount of effort that went into your schooling?

The problem I had with the group bosses in Dark Souls 2 is that they seemed to synchronize their attacks to a point where neither of them were ever really open. Compared to the gargoyles in DaS1, the second one shows up when the other is already half way dead and the famous O&S fight works out because they're both so different that it's easy to separate them and focus on one for a while. In DaS2, it's just a constant barrage of attacks in a wide open area with no cover, unlike the O&S fight where the pillars allowed for some much needed breathing room. That's just me though, and I'm clearly the odd man out since I find Soul of Cinder to be way harder than NK which isn't the popular consensus at all.

did you post this thread earlier too? Literally git gud my man...

>tfw ds3 was my first soulsborne game
>had no idea what classes and stats were good
>went with cleric and a faith/dex build
>this guy is fuckin lightning resistant and too fast for me to cast healing spells making miracles practically useless against him
I finished bloodborne and ds1(+artorias DLC) before playing ds3 again with a quality build. Only took a couple tries this time around

Midir was just a damage sponge, but he wasn't hard. After most of his attacks he would just stand there like a retard and let you smack his head a good 2-3 times. None of his attacks were really hard to dodge either, and rolling through his flame breath gave you a good 5 seconds or so to just wail on him.

I died more times to Champion and doggo.

>Base Knight set and a basic bitch broad sword

God I love that set so much.
Feels weird having two dozen sets of armor and all I ever want to use is the knights set.

I feel like Dark Souls 2 and 3 are probably the tougher ones of the series to start off with. They're still playable but I feel like they're best enjoyed with a friend helping you out on certain things, which ruins it a bit. Bloodborne is definitely beginner mode, if only because there are so few stats and equipment load is taken out completely.

>Champion and doggo.

That wolf is ridiculous.

I don't think anything in Bloodborne was even that fast.

>Gundyr
>pressure
Title of the most agressive boss of DS3 belongs to Pontiff. Without parries he's fucking unstoppable.

Learn to judge distance by the heads rather than legs. That's how I managed to beat him.

Most of my trouble with him is from my inability to judge distances properly due to the storm floor. Once you learn how to bypass that, it's not that hard. His attack rhythm is really forgiving and they're telegraphed fairly well.

Nah, almost every boss in BB was as fast as him. Doggo has huge tells on everything and the shoulder check comes from so far away it gives you plenty of time to figure out the dodge timing.

Pontiff doesn't have actual fighting game juggles though. Sully just has off timed attack strings which throws off a lot of players who are used to just smashing dodge after getting hit to avoid the next attack. Sully is a lesson in roll catching.

>lock the last smelted wedge behind the Fume Knight fight

Thank you for punishing people who explore and making the fight more difficult faggots. I ended up with the last Nashadra fragment being one of the ones around his arena.

I just started Ringed City so I can't speak for that, but Nameless King isn't nearly as hard as Freide or even Gundyr.

>He took me no less than a dozen times to finally kill
Shut the fuck up with this bullshit. Everything in Souls is really build dependent. If you have a strong character, NK can be pretty easy. If you have a weak character, he'll probably be a struggle.

I played a Pyromancer using Lorian's greatsword and he took me six or so tries. Then I ran a faith build and he took me over twenty.

I found this boss way easier than soul of cinder for some reason

To be fair, Friedes difficulty comes from the sheer length of her fight. 2 health bars in the base game bothered the hell out of me, 3 health bars is fucking ridiculous. I'm glad they went back to the one health bar style of previous games. I don't mind the inflated health, just seeing that phase 2 starts when they're actually 50% dead and not when the next health bar pops up makes me feel a lot better.

I found him pretty easy, only boss in the series I performed a no-hit run on.

Friede and Orphan are harder.

Your build has almost no bearing on how difficult a boss is, as shown by the fact that people are doing SL1 runs without even dodging and beating him no problem. It's entirely up to your own skill whether a boss is difficult or not.

>Your build has almost no bearing on how difficult a boss is,
This is retarded. If you did a SL1 run in a game like Bloodborne you would know how fucking stupid this is.

Health stat and damage output are huge.

BL4 runs are done all the fucking time you retard. I've done it several times. Besides which, your damage output is far more dependent on your weapon and it's upgrade level than your own stats.

Soulsborne has always been about player skill, with stats essentially being a way to reduce the skill floor.

this is wrong on so many levels... Souls games are more skill based than pretty much any other RPG but to say that stats are meaningless is just retarded.

Having higher stats means you get around 150 more AR from a fully upgraded weapon, and you can make more mistakes without needing to reset a fight. Your individual skill is so much more important than your stats, and it's almost to the point that the stat system needn't exist at all.

Not if you're any kind of caster

he's easy as fuck, just move around him, his attack patterns are easy to learn

the only challenging boss in this game is Midir, and mostly for his huge health pool

I made a mistake.
So did your parents.

I didn't have any problem with him, and I don't understand why anyone would.
Then again, I still have problems with Dragonrider Armor.

i dont understand this
i beat dragonarmor on second try but i still have not beaten NK after like 20 tries

I didn't have any problems with him.

>Thread closed by moderator
>Reason: Use the search function before posting

Soul of Cinder has juggles too, doesn't mean he's pressuring you. Pontiff attacks a lot and all of his attacks have weird rhythm.

Gundyr is in your face literally the entire fight. He has 4 ways to close distance, and he uses them extremely well. Pontiff has no real way to stop a circle strat, while Gundyr's shoulder checks and kicks have the potential to shield stagger you. Pontiff is more difficult than Gundyr in my eyes, but Gundyr never lets up for even a second.

do autistic people have bad eyesight? when things are far away, they appear smaller. you're welcome op

Lothic's looks nicer but its weight tends to hold it back.

>Your build has almost no bearing on how difficult a boss is
Some bosses maybe, but definitely not all.

>Your individual skill is so much more important than your stats, and it's almost to the point that the stat system needn't exist at all.
I've completed every game at SL1 and done multiple of them into NG+6, but this is a bit extreme user.
Give an average player a level 400 character or a level 4 character and see what happens. Mechanical skill might always win but pretending that "the stat system neednt exist at all" is just stupid.