Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5zQgw_rKWT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>diablo 3

PoE sucks. Just stick with Diablo.

Actual retard detected

You actually like PoE? LMAO.

both meh but poe is extra meh, play diablo

I like PoE, it is very open in how it allows you to build your character. It's a pretty ugly game though, if that is a turnoff for you.

Titan Quest

diablo 2

stop playing a shitty genre of lifesucking games how bout dat

PoE doesn't get boring after 1 playthrough of the campaign.

poe if you enjoy trading and crafting
diablo just on your own

PoE is great if you have autism.

Grim Dawn

i haven't played d3 in a while. what's good about it now and why should i come back?

Battlerite.

PoE if you are poor, autistic and like dark caves

D3 as a game, at least you would have fun. PoE is for D2 nostalgiafags, it's better play to play D2 instead if you haven't already.

Grim Dawn

d2 > tq > d1 > gd > d3 > poe

youtube.com/watch?v=5zQgw_rKWT8

no not ever diablo 3, go with PoE

they fixed it

I played poe for two hours and never had fun. Gauntlet does a better job.

>1:22:21

play both on and off especially around new seasons and ladders, unless you are supremely autistic.

Well D3 is a lot like gauntlet, and if that's the kind of game you want you definitely won't like PoE

Diablo 3 has way snappier and just more fluid gameplay, and is made actually very well. It just gets so fucking boring and awful after you do end-game content so many times. I've played every class almost twice now (except WD because they're pretty boring) in every season and my time with the game becomes more and more stale. But the first few times are really fun, making builds work and all.
The Campaign is a lot to be asked for, the story fucking sucks, act 2 may make you quit outright, but at least RoS fixed a lot of the loot and difficulty issues that existed before.

PoE is was more diverse and offered way more build paths and skills. Don't fall for the "huge talent tree!" meme because 98% of it are boring passive buffs that do fucking nothing new or interesting. The game feels sloppy and stiff at times and I still feel rubber-banding, and it just doesn't have that oomph that D3 has, but gives the player more room to do whatever they want.

Play both.

Diablo 3.
Poe is utter absolute garbage.

"stay awhile and listen"

The only true answer

>98% of the talent tree is useless.
Trying not being a meta-slave sometimes, you might actually have fun.

Jesus, the blizzarshill presence in here is off the charts.

No, we won't buy the necro because Diablo 3 is shit. Get that into your head Blizzard

no

>Don't fall for the "huge talent tree!" meme because 98% of it are boring passive buffs that do fucking nothing new or interesting

Honestly that's every talent tree in any game ever, but to PoE's credit, with how interconnected it is you can generally make every point be essential to your build in end game if you're autistic enough.

I can't do endgame in D3 due to weird connection issues I have with Blizzard servers. Kind hard to do rifts or caches when DCing resets your progress.

I haven't played PoE much since I got into the genre more, but I dislike the active skills being item drops.

Steam sale when so I can just grab Grim Dawn?

Except I didn't but the difficulty curved so hard that I needed more of mainstat. And maps make casual/fun builds impossible.
And it's not like it's a problem playing in meta, each class has like 5+ viable builds so eventually you'll find a build that's both good and fun.
Unless you wanna make some garbage build centered on Ele Hit like a retard.

1. Path of Exile is free, so you have nothing to lose choosing it over Diablo 3.
2. Both are trash, but Path of Exile is slightly less trash.

PoE does require you to min max. The passives don't do much, but without squeezing in every notables and relevant keystones you will either have a terrible time leveling up or has zero relevance in lategame content.

I heard D3 Necro is in beta. Any beta players want to drop some details? Kind of interested in dropping some money on the new character. If it's successful enough, maybe Blizz will make more classes.

no its fucking not. you either follow meta builds or you're stuck in midgame

yeah it gets boring halfway into first act

>And maps make casual/fun builds impossible.

Wtf are you talking about? Power creep has been ridiculous over the years.

Everything is a joke up to Shaper and maybe 1-2 of the guardians depending on just how big of a meme your build is.

Unless your idea of a fun build is something like auto-attacks only or 500% increased X damage no defenses I really don't see this "big difficulty curve".

D3 is a trainwreck through and through. Stay as far away from it as possible.

passives add up. The issue with them in PoE is you gotta pick a theme with passives and try to stick with them. Like tons of health or focus on crit or whatever.

It's better than Diablo 3, and is very soon due to abolish the three-difficulty system that results in so much repetition.

meta builds only dictate clear speed not some imaginary merc wall u dumb stupid poster

meta slaves need to GET OUT

But D2 is only superficially like D2. Its skill and stat system is completely different.

>paying 20 + Required 10 expansion which adds content past beating the campaign so grinding isn't as boring
>paying nothing to get the same thing except better and new free content in the coming months which is bigger than diablos base game to begin with

HMMMM I WONDER WHICH IS BETTER

A REAL TUFFY

m8 I went with an ice arrow build for my ranger and I've been ruining shit every which way, and I get told that ice is one of the shittiest elements so I dunno what's going on there

kill yourself you know you are lying

I played D3 and it's fucking shit. Just play PoE and if you play until you need to buy extra stash space, then you obviously like the game and should "buy" it by getting the extra slots.

>I'm lying

nigga just play the game I'm not lying. You can literally check if I'm lying by playing the game. You'll see that being a meta slave is fucking retarded meme and its not true u fucking dummy

diablo 3 (+expac) is better for casual play
poe is for autistic people

I will, necromancer was what I played in Diablo 2. Blizzard is good at ruining things and then tugging on your nostalgia strings bringing you back. I remember I was playing Hearthstone and got a huge craving to play WoW again. Only subbed for a month or two but they got me.

>wanting your game to be casual
That would have been a bad thing around here 6 years ago.

You say that like it's significantly different for any other game ever.

there's nothing wrong with a game being casual
the gameplay of arpgs like diablo and poe and grim dawn is inherently simple and mindless
it only makes sense that the game itself is a quick 20 minute time waster that requires little thought

Diablo for the first 3-4 season is fun on HC for starters
PoE is fun for like I say 2-4 weeks after a League starts both HC and Casual

Eventually you get bored as fuck with both

Neither. Run while you still can.

Do you have money?
Do you have autism?

I like the story, characters and atmosphere of PoE more than D3. They remind me of the kind of quality I would expect from D2 and D1, just with expanded systems.

D3 got... really retarded. In more than a few ways. Maybe I should have seen it coming with the Diablo books being utter horseshit, but I always held out hope the games would handle it better.

Nobody who made D2 good is at Blizzard anymore. Literally nobody. They're over at whatever studios are making Torchlight or made Hellgate: London. And I'm not willing to trust the people who made D3 to make a good D4, should it ever happen. I've moved on and I think PoE is more than just a good substitute, it's a great successor.

*oneshots you*
heh, should've followed the meta... kid

Stop with the stealth marketing op. You should know that the majority of Sup Forums is too casual for shit like POE.

If you think you can't clear the game with anything other than a meta build you're a real shitter senpai.
It's gonna take more time and more ACTUAL PLAYING instead of just dashing around at the speed of light demolishing everything in sight, but there's no wall that will stop your progress.
Unless you're the kind of autismo who needs to top leaderboards every league and can't live with the feeling of not doing as much damage as quickly as possible to everyone on the map there's no reason to be a gay guide-reading meta-following kid.

If you want a game that looks pretty, and is a satisfyting button smasher with little to no depth, no player customization thanks to WoW style itemization and who's only end game is praying to RNG for a good RNG dungeon to clear, then praying to RNG for the 0.1% primal weapon to drop then praying to RNG in hopes that the primal weapon rolled with the stats you need then Diablo 3 is your game.

If you want an ugly game that looks like it came straight out of 2005 but is pretty much as close to a sequel to Diablo 2 as it can get then PoE is your game. Characters builds are fully customizable and the game tries to stay similar to D2 in regard to it's itemization

>mention a game
>SHILL, SHILL, DEV, SHILL
Really, really actually fuck off. This meme is just so fucking cancerous and is somehow actually making the board even shittier.

In PoE it's speccing for life and nothing else.

t. user

Diablo 3 is fun with friends.

You're just gonna die over and over and over and over at maps if you go non-meta

Looking for a video game? Diablo 3
Looking for a job that you pay to do? PoE

Name one activity that isn't fun with friends

PoE

If you're trash at videogames, sure.

aight
good shit

Again, you say that like it's different for any game ever. D2 was exactly the same. The only difference here is that the passive stats that were in your character menu are way more fleshed out now. In fact, D2 was a lot more rigid in how many builds were viable for each character because of how the different trees worked and the existence of synergistic effects. Like, good luck going anything but full lag with your necromancer or otherwise spewing bone spears everywhere, nobody ever uses curses ever unless they come as a bonus on equipment, etc.

I'm just stating facts, user.

No, you're stating an opinion based on a misconception but are attempting to present it as an absolute fact.

unless you plan to play like an autist you'd probably be better off with d3

You're just stating facts that you're trash at videogames, senpai.

Never played PoE but my experience from D3 is

Start: Fun
Story/Leveling: Fun
Season Journey: Fun
Hardcore with no Haedrick's Gift: Maximum Fun
Rift Fishing: Not Fun
Bounty farming to reroll legendaries for ancients: Not Fun
Farming GRifts for gear: Not fun
Farming Torments for DBs: Not fun
End Game: NOT FUN

That's funny because IM stating the FACT that you don't need a meta build to clear 99% of game content.

shoould've quit while you were ahead

It'd be faster to just play the game than watch that bullshit.

Lord's Labyrinth is the most fun I've had in a lootathon game in a long time. Hardcore Chad obviously, softcore cucks go home.

PoE is the generic store brand version of Diablo.

Path of Exile

If you enjoyed the part where you had to jew your way into getting anything good in Diablo 2, play PoE.

Otherwise play Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 and PoE are both damn good, actually. If you consider yourself a fan of the genre, you should get both. They're like two new flavors of Diablo 2, each with it's own rewarding hardcore mode. You might eventually decide you prefer one over the other, but both games are worth every penny.

I started in Season 9, I quit after a month of play.
I started again in Season 10, I quit after 2 days of play.

I got it on sale for $10 so not too bad, but I feel like that time would have been better spent elsewhere.

Solo Self Found.

If you like content updates, build flexibility, lore that is not LMAO DEMONS, play PoE

If you like sucking Blizzard's decrepit jew dick, play Diablo 3

Watched some streams of it, the necro is literally worse than any other class simply because of how the game is built around class sets.

Other classes have sets with 7 pieces and use non-standard slots which allows flexibility. Necro has 3 6-piece sets which all use the same slots and Blizzard has stated they won't change this.

>They're like two new flavors of Diablo 2
Yeah
Diablo 3 is the Toddler version of D2
PoE is the Great Value version of D2

Diablo 1 or 2. Thats your only options.

It's like a new Diablo 2 now. The game has been redesigned for the better and all of the things that were good about D2 have been added to D3.

Where do you think you are?

itemization still sucks senpai

D2 > D2

D2 > D2 LOD > D1 > PoE > D3

Shit. Whoops.