Monster Hunter thread

Because vg is for clique dips

>play XX with japanese randoms
>they suck ass and cart three times within 2 minutes into a hellblade

What did you expect from the people who bombarded 4U with negative reviews because it was too difficult?
Still, MHX has fucking Bushido, which is the absolute easy mode. How can they still cart?

quick, revive this thread

What's your favorite weapon?
What's your favorite monster?
What's your most hated monster?
What mechanics do you want to see gone in MH5?
Why don't you want MH5 to be on a Nintendo platform?

Hmm. weapon. Probably long sword.
favorite monster: gore magala
Most hated monster: gore magala
I don't really know. I don't really mind the mechanics right now
I do want it on the switch

>do this same mission seven times to get 89 components for that helmet
>and do it again for the rest of the set
>your sword is bouncing either go ranged like a tryhard cuck faggot or grind seven billion days for a weapon to replace the one you just got
>we need nintendo to make these games so it will stay on a 240p handheld with tech from 2009

I don't hate myself enough to get into this shit

You're overexaggerating.
You get all but the most rare materials in just a few hunts. And you only bounce if you hit an armored part. You won't be bouncing from the actual non-shit hitzones even with green sharpness. White/purple weapons only help you not to get punished for hitting a shit hitzone, because they're so sharp. You STILL shouldn't be hitting those.

what do you guys think the most powerful monster of all is?

I personally think Gog is. It looks like the most ancient of all elders, and in my book that equals being more powerful. Plus it's fucking huge, can fly and has a beam attack.

Great Sword
Mizutsune
Gravios
I actually want more mechanics
I don't care really. Either PS4 and Swtich are fine.

but it looks like he's covered in poo. I can't take him seriously

If your shit looks like machine oil, you better consult a doctor.

alright fine, then whose second strongest in your eyes?

Gotta be Alatreon. He's just too much of a special snowflake not to be strong.
I think some people say the Fatty family is supposed to be the strongest lore-wise, but I honestly don't see how that's possible. They're just really slow giant lizards. Sure, they can breathe fire and summon meteors and shit, but so can the other elders.

- IG and Bow, i can't choose between them
- Tama-chan
- Blangonga, jumpy piece of shit
- Ledges need to go and stay go. Uneven terrain too
- I want it to stay nintendo, hopefully the switch

Fuck you LEDGES ROCK

There's literally no issues with the ledges whatsoever. The uneven terrain is shit, especially when you're gunning, that's true. But if you removed ledges, the areas would be just boring flat rooms.

what kind of new monsters do you wanna see? I wanna see a sentient blob

>the areas would be just boring flat rooms.
Perfect. Make it happen, capcom

First and foremost I'd like to see a SECOND species of the Fanged Wyvern family. Or maybe actually a female counterpart to Zinogre like Ian is to Los.
Other than that I'd really like to see more giant bugs and other, you know, MONSTERS, instead of anime dinosaurs.

what about humanoid monsters?

>What's your favorite weapon?
Horn
>What's your favorite monster?
Brachydios
>What's your most hated monster?
Yian Garuga
>What mechanics do you want to see gone in MH5?
None, fuck that and fuck you.
>Why don't you want MH5 to be on a Nintendo platform?
I don't. Also fuck you.

I don't think that'd be a good idea. We already have apes, and that's as close to humanoid enemies as the game should get in my opinion. Rajang is already terrifying because he can actually punch. Plus, I don't really see how humanoid enemies would fit the game's setting. Yeah, yeah, I know about the shakalaka.

I like this guy

The /vg/ is fucking awful. Definitely in the bottom worst /vg/ boards with GSG, civ4xg and SC2.

aww cmon, it could be cool. you telling me you don't wanna fight some demigod type motherfucker?

>Want to become proeficient with guns
>To pussy to try and stick with charge blade

No, I really don't. And I feel like you should stop posting here and look for the nearest God Eater thread instead.

Fatalis is by lore

In fact lore-wise he is undefeated. The player beating him is non-canon. And hes the one that will end the world eventually.

Welcome to Capcom lore

GOTCHA BITCH

Dead thread dead game. Better on /mhg/

oh, you're one of the "NOT MY MONHUN" players, aren't you?

>No news on XX in the Direct with other 3DS games
>But we are getting Stories which I felt we would never get
Either they are saving XX Switch port or will show off 5 at E3.

I hope we get MH5 instead

XX was awful.

It fucking better be monhun 5. I didn't wait all this time to be let down again

>Stories
Literally nobody cares.

Japan sure didn't from what I've heard. Looks interesting but heard it's way too simple mechanics wise to be enjoyable.

I care, looks fun senpai

I do. Looks really fun.

It's a pokemon clone and has literally nothing to do with MH other than borrowing the monsters from it. Why would you as an MH fan even consider playing something like that? No wonder it flopped in Japan.

No you don't! Shut the hell up!

Please no XX on switch. I'd really prefer not to start from scratch all over again. XX for 3ds, 5 for switch

>pokemon
>but not pokemon
S O L D

RIDING CUTE MONSTERS

FUN DESU

HOPE THIS LEADS TO Monster Hunter: War

Where players ride monsters vs monsters in a mainline game

Since apparently everyone is playing XX, how do you do it? Did you import, pirate, translation patch?

Yes.

How many hours have you got in total in this series, lads? Don't bother replying if it's less than 3k

99999 hours easy

now now, be honest user

like 500 if I'm being honest. I know, I feel the shame

disgusting